PDA

View Full Version : Fox-Chicago ordered not to run story of those not wanting Olympics

red states rule
09-28-2009, 08:05 AM
I just heard on the radio Pres Obama is on his way to Chicago to push for this.

Is this threat to Fox News in Chicago just an coincidence?

FOX-TV CHICAGO ORDERED NOT TO RUN ANTI-OLYMPICS STORY
Sun Sep 27 2009 21:56:11 ET

A local TV station that reported on Chicagoans NOT wanting the Olympics has been told NOT to run the report again, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT!

The Chicago Olympic Committee told FOX Chicago that its broadcast "would harm Chicago's chances" to be awarded the games.

The station's news director ordered staff to hold fire after the report aired once last Thursday morning, claims a source.

Chicago, Madrid, Tokyo and Rio are mounting strong bids for the honor to host in 2016.

The International Olympic Committee makes its decision on Friday. President Obama will lead the in-person push.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashocc.htm

Trigg
09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
I will hate to see Chicago get the Olympics. Their traffic is a cluster f**k already. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that city if all those tourists show up.

Kathianne
09-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I will hate to see Chicago get the Olympics. Their traffic is a cluster f**k already. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that city if all those tourists show up.

I don't know anyone here that wants the Olympics. As you said, we've major traffic issues already. Illinois hasn't enough money to care for necessary services, we KNOW the Olympics would cost us money, regardless of what Mayor Liar says, much less the governor by default.

Trigg
09-28-2009, 06:38 PM
I don't know anyone here that wants the Olympics. As you said, we've major traffic issues already. Illinois hasn't enough money to care for necessary services, we KNOW the Olympics would cost us money, regardless of what Mayor Liar says, much less the governor by default.

I'm at a loss as to where they'd put the additional buildings for the sporting events, or what older buildings they'd refurbish.

Honestly, we had the bad luck to fly in at the same time rush hour started and it took us almost 2 hours to get out of the city traffic.

What would they do with millions of people trying to get from venue to venue???

red states rule
09-28-2009, 10:22 PM

As you know full well Kathianne, somebody will have to going to have to pay for the swimming pools, dorms, and everything else the Olympic officials will demand

So did deeper and hand over the cash if Obama strongarms them into giving the games to his home town

It will give the Dems the perfect excuse to jack up taxes - and should the city lose money on the deal - another excuse for another tax increase

red states rule
09-28-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm at a loss as to where they'd put the additional buildings for the sporting events, or what older buildings they'd refurbish.

Honestly, we had the bad luck to fly in at the same time rush hour started and it took us almost 2 hours to get out of the city traffic.

What would they do with millions of people trying to get from venue to venue???

And of course the liberal media is giving glowing praise to Obama on his quest to bring the Olympics to Chicago

Nets Tout Olympics 'Super-Fan' Obama's 'Swifter, Higher, Stronger' Effort to Land 2016 Games
By Brent Baker (Bio | Archive)
September 28, 2009 - 20:21 ET

President Barack Obama's last-minute decision to fly Thursday to Copenhagen to pitch Chicago's bid for the 2016 summer Olympic games excited broadcast network journalists Monday night. “The Olympic motto is 'swifter, higher, stronger,'” fill-in CBS Evening News anchor Harry Smith reminded viewers before trumpeting: “Apparently, President Obama is taking that to heart. In a change of plans today, the President decided he will go to Denmark to try to win the 2016 summer games for his hometown.” On NBC, Savannah Guthrie championed Obama's credentials:

From his candidate days to earlier this month on the White House lawn, where he picked up some pointers on fencing, the President has established himself as a kind of Olympics super-fan. Now with Chicago locked in a tight battle with Tokyo, Madrid and Rio de Janeiro, and their heads of state making the trip to Copenhagen, the hometown pressure for Obama to go was intense.

ABC, which pointed out how “no President has ever made such an appeal,” even led with the development. “Olympic bid,” Charles Gibson teased, “the President decides to travel thousands of miles for a last-minute personal pitch, hoping to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chicago.”

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-baker/2009/09/28/nets-tout-olympics-super-fan-obamas-swifter-higher-stronger-effort-land

glockmail
09-29-2009, 09:35 AM
More reasons why the Olympics will never be in Chicago.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/video_derrion_albert

red states rule
09-29-2009, 09:44 AM
One of the Olympic events could be having contestents running thru gang controlled neighborhoods

The winner would be anyone who comes out alive

Trigg
09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
More reasons why the Olympics will never be in Chicago.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/video_derrion_albert

The sickest thing about that video were the people filming it and cheering them on.

glockmail
09-29-2009, 11:44 AM
The sickest thing about that video were the people filming it and cheering them on.
We have a culture that celebrates death and enjoys human suffering and humiliation.

Trigg
09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
We have a culture that celebrates death and enjoys human suffering and humiliation.

I disagree.....most of the people who watch this are horrified.

I do believe however, that certain segments of the population are being brought up this way.

Trigg
10-02-2009, 01:51 PM
well Chicago doesn't get the Olympics. Half the people didn't want it there anyway so this is a good thing.

gabosaurus
10-02-2009, 01:52 PM

Truer words have never been spoken.

Jeff
10-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I disagree.....most of the people who watch this are horrified.

I do believe however, that certain segments of the population are being brought up this way.

Did anyone notice anything about this video? It looks kind of like the riots in LA, it isn't the American people that live this way, just a few different cultures, at least this time they are killing each other

Kathianne
10-02-2009, 05:29 PM
One of the Olympic events could be having contestents running thru gang controlled neighborhoods

The winner would be anyone who comes out alive

Actually, anyone that knows the city, knows that really it's pretty safe. I spend lots of time there, rarely concerned. Some areas like the old "Little Italy", more recently Austin, have become not only safer, but positively gentrified.

Trigg
10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Actually, anyone that knows the city, knows that really it's pretty safe. I spend lots of time there, rarely concerned. Some areas like the old "Little Italy", more recently Austin, have become not only safer, but positively gentrified.

That's true, the homicide rate is way down from where it used to be. The downtown area is VERY nice.

Chicago's biggest problem, besides the politicians is the traffic issue.

Kathianne
10-02-2009, 08:21 PM
That's true, the homicide rate is way down from where it used to be. The downtown area is VERY nice.

Chicago's biggest problem, besides the politicians is the traffic issue.

I'll admit to hating the traffic, but will say, it's worth it. Some of the suburbs have awful traffic, but no pay off, other than Costco.At least the city has worth it destinations. ;}

red states rule
10-02-2009, 10:47 PM

If I have the wrong impression of your city, I apologize

I was under the impression the murder rate was thru the roof, and gang activity was widespread

If you say all is well, that is good enough for me - and I stand corrected

Jeff
10-03-2009, 06:56 AM
I think the problem with Chicago is if you just drive threw the highways and surrounding area's are disgusting, it is the one place I have asked not to be sent, but they tell me if ya get downtown it is beautiful, As for the crime, the media only likes to show the bad, it sells, not saying there is no crime in Chi town but if ya just watch the media ya would believe that is all that is there