PDA

View Full Version : time on my laptop

Jeff
09-29-2009, 07:04 AM
I have a question, my lap top doesn't keep time right, it will lose 2 hours every now and then, I just re set it and it stays a few weeks and then does it again, I originally thought it was the internal battery but it doesn't do it all the time, It has been happening since the day I bought the lap top, I didn't worry about it cause every thing else worked fine, but I now run a G P S program that gives me a eta, if the time is wrong so is the eta, anybody have any ideas what it could be?

Missileman
09-29-2009, 08:18 AM
I have a question, my lap top doesn't keep time right, it will lose 2 hours every now and then, I just re set it and it stays a few weeks and then does it again, I originally thought it was the internal battery but it doesn't do it all the time, It has been happening since the day I bought the lap top, I didn't worry about it cause every thing else worked fine, but I now run a G P S program that gives me a eta, if the time is wrong so is the eta, anybody have any ideas what it could be?

Sounds like it's reverting to a different time zone occasionally. My PC used to do the same thing. It doesn't anymore, but I can't remember if it's because I saved timezone in options or if it stopped when I had to reload windows.

Jeff
09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Sounds like it's reverting to a different time zone occasionally. My PC used to do the same thing. It doesn't anymore, but I can't remember if it's because I saved timezone in options or if it stopped when I had to reload windows.

Thanks Missileman but it does it even if I am in one place, and I cross time zones a lot and it doesn't seem to bother it, ooo well for now I will just adjust the time when needed, LOL
Thanks again

Missileman
09-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks Missileman but it does it even if I am in one place, and I cross time zones a lot and it doesn't seem to bother it, ooo well for now I will just adjust the time when needed, LOL
Thanks again

There's a setting that enables your laptop to sync to a master clock when you connect to the internet.

Jeff
09-29-2009, 08:39 PM
There's a setting that enables your laptop to sync to a master clock when you connect to the internet.

I will check that out, thank you

Yurt
09-29-2009, 08:52 PM

how do you know you're not a time traveler?

Mr. P
09-29-2009, 09:41 PM

There is a simple answer for this, Jeff. You see, you live in Georgia, Georgia is in the South and everyone knows the South is slow, so 2 hrs slow is no big deal really, it's NORMAL. :)

Jeff
10-01-2009, 08:16 AM
There is a simple answer for this, Jeff. You see, you live in Georgia, Georgia is in the South and everyone knows the South is slow, so 2 hrs slow is no big deal really, it's NORMAL. :)

LMAO, you may be right, but my GPS can't figure that out, LOL

Yurt sometimes I feel like it, LOL

crin63
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
On some computers there is a battery inside just for keeping the clock set. It could be the battery. We just had to replace the one in our Mac.