PDA

View Full Version : Linda McMahon Running For Dodd's Senate Seat

red states rule
09-29-2009, 08:15 AM
This should be a very interesting race. A smart business women, a fiscal conservative, and very good at public speaking

I would love to see her win the nomination and send Dodd packing

Wrestling Impresario Enters Senate Race

World Wresting Entertainment chief executive Linda McMahon entered Connecticut's Republican race for U.S. Senate on Wednesday, adding a celebrity element to a contest that promises to be among the most competitive in the country.

"Washington is out of control, and sadly, Senator Chris Dodd has lost his way and our trust," McMahon said in a statement. "I can't sit by on the sidelines anymore knowing that I have both the experience and the strength to stand up to special interests and bring badly needed change to Washington."

McMahon is half of the husband-and-wife duo who run the wrestling empire out of Stamford, Conn. Those familiar with her candidacy say she will spend heavily from her personal wealth. McMahon plans to take no cash from political action committees or special interests and is limiting private donations to her campaign to $100 -- the sort of pledges that only wealthy candidates can afford to make.

McMahon joins former congressman Rob Simmons, former ambassador Tom Foley and state Sen. Sam Caligiuri as Republicans running for the chance to unseat Dodd. Investor Peter Schiff, who served as an adviser to the presidential campaign of Rep. Ron Paul (Tex.), is likely to run as well.

Dodd is among the most vulnerable senators up for reelection in November 2010, although a new poll conducted by Research 2000 for the liberal blog Daily Kos suggests that the Democratic incumbent may be gaining ground.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/16/AR2009091603452.html

glockmail
09-29-2009, 09:04 AM
This will be an interesting election, with a lot of potential for fiscal and social conservatives to gain ground. These Democrats have their pants down around their knees due to the health care debate, Cap'n Trade, and the Iran situation heating up. They are fully exposed for the liberal loonies that they are and Americans are sick of them.

red states rule
09-29-2009, 09:06 AM
This will be an interesting election, with a lot of potential for fiscal and social conservatives to gain ground. These Democrats have their pants down around their knees due to the health care debate, Cap'n Trade, and the Iran situation heating up. They are fully exposed for the liberal loonies that they are and Americans are sick of them.

It would be a nice change if the adults are back in charge - and the libs are on the sidelines again

glockmail
09-29-2009, 09:10 AM
It would be a nice change if the adults are back in charge - and the libs are on the sidelines again Yeah that way they can be marching on DC and we can undercount their numbers by a factor of 20 or so. Of course dissent will once again be patriotic.

red states rule
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Yeah that way they can be marching on DC and we can undercount their numbers by a factor of 20 or so. Of course dissent will once again be patriotic.

Or Vince running the Town Halls. Virgil the liberal heckler meets Stone Cold Steve Austin :laugh2:

Yurt
09-29-2009, 09:52 AM
this looks good and i think the dems should be worried, they get more unpopular each day

red states rule
09-29-2009, 09:55 AM
this looks good and i think the dems should be worried, they get more unpopular each day

Dodd is in trouble. So is Harry Reid. This midterm could be like the 1994 midterm

crin63
09-29-2009, 10:45 AM
Republicans are to stupid to understand whats really going on. They will just see this as a referendum on Obama and not what it really is, Americans wanting their country back. They'll blow it just like every other chance. I hope another party (that I can support) rises up from the ashes of the 2 party system.