PDA

View Full Version : In need of a liberal preacher political hack...

Silver
09-29-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/sep/29/cheerleaders-religious-signs-draw-fire/

Catoosa County Schools spokeswoman Marissa Brower said a Fort Oglethorpe resident lodged a verbal complaint to Superintendent Denia Reese last week, saying that the display of a Bible verse on the football field is a violation of federal law.?
A school system statement released Monday said the message constitutes “a violation of the First Amendment of the Constitution for signs with Bible verses to be displayed on the football field.”

So there is a federal law banning religious signs on football fields? When was this law passed?
or
High School Cheerleaders are now considered agents of the state and therefore cannot hold religious signs in public?....

Maybe a learned liberal preacher hack can explain it all.....I KNOW we have one here?

crin63
09-29-2009, 01:07 PM
So there is a federal law banning religious signs on football fields? When was this law passed?
or
High School Cheerleaders are now considered agents of the state and therefore cannot hold religious signs in public?....

Maybe a learned liberal preacher hack can explain it all.....I KNOW we have one here?

Learned might be a stretch!:coffee:

maineman
09-29-2009, 01:22 PM
no different that a nativity display on public property in the town square, it would seem to me. It would be no different if it were a verse from the Torah or the Quran.

separation of church and state.

Silver
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM
no different that a nativity display on public property in the town square, it would seem to me. It would be no different if it were a verse from the Torah or the Quran.

separation of church and state.

I realize cheerleaders can't put up displays in the town square....since when it it illegal to hold up a sign at a public event....or does this law only apply to cheerleaders.....

maineman
09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
I realize cheerleaders can't put up displays in the town square....since when it it illegal to hold up a sign at a public event....or does this law only apply to cheerleaders.....

do you think that the football field is NOT public property? Do you think that cheerleading is NOT a publicly sponsored activity?

THere would be nothing wrong with a private citizen holding up a scripture passage at a football game

Silver
09-29-2009, 01:46 PM
do you think that the football field is NOT public property? Do you think that cheerleading is NOT a publicly sponsored activity?

THere would be nothing wrong with a private citizen holding up a scripture passage at a football game

A football field ?, No more or less so than a public highway or a public park ... ?

So cheerleaders are not private citizens, is that your contention? They are then state workers or representatives.....

Then even the janitor of the school would be prohibited from displaying a sign at a football game or a public highway for that matter....how far does this law go...???

maineman
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
A football field ?, No more or less so than a public highway or a public park ... ?

So cheerleaders are not private citizens, is that your contention? They are then state workers or representatives.....

Then even the janitor of the school would be prohibited from displaying a sign at a football game or a public highway for that matter....how far does this law go...???

they are private citizens engaged in a publicly sponsored activity. It would be no different if the football team had scriptures painted on their jerseys.

certainly, you cannot be that obtuse as to fail to see the distinction.

Silver
09-29-2009, 02:04 PM
they are private citizens engaged in a publicly sponsored activity. It would be no different if the football team had scriptures painted on their jerseys.

certainly, you cannot be that obtuse as to fail to see the distinction.

I see....so I couldn't wear a tee shirt with a religious slogan on it to the public library and sit there and read a book for example..I would be taking part in a publicly sponsored activity...it being paid for with public funds...
or
say....the town sponsored car show or picnic....

Is that right....

maineman
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
I see....so I couldn't wear a tee shirt with a religious slogan on it to the public library and sit there and read a book for example..I would be taking part in a publicly sponsored activity...it being paid for with public funds...
or
say....the town sponsored car show or picnic....

Is that right....

don't be ridiculous.

if you can't see the difference between a cheerleader and a spectator in the stands, I guess we really have nothing to talk about.

Silver
09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
I tire of this game....it was entertaining to see you tapdance and jump through the hoops to defend the nonsense of this ridiculous position taken by pinheads of the left on this subject.....having no interest in religion, I was just amusing myself....
Class is over....

Silver
09-29-2009, 03:04 PM
There will be no Nativity Scene in Washington this year!

The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene in the United States ' Capital this Christmas season.
This isn't for any religious reason.

They simply have not been able to find Three Wise Men in the Nation's Capitol.

A search for a Virgin continues.

There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable

maineman
09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
ba dum bump

open mike night at the gay-as-a-three-dollar-bill-comedy club was a big success. I assume you came home with your hershey highway well lubed, and your pathetic excuse for a dick all slimy.

stupid fucking moron.

chesswarsnow
09-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. wowser.:lol:
2. What language.
3. I think some one has a serious poty mouth problem.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
09-29-2009, 08:33 PM
LOL, looks like Virgil is hitting the holy water a bit to hard, LOL

Mr. P
09-29-2009, 11:24 PM
What ever happened to the ole cheers? Like: Rah, Rah, ree..kick em in the knee...Rah, Rah, Ras...kick em in the Ass!

Sorry but....Religious signs on display by school cheer leaders that are representatives of a "public" school is inappropriate. They can cheer the team on without giving a Bible lesson. IMO

No, a prayer before the game is not inappropriate. I mean these guys are out there to hurt someone, so a prayer that they don't is okay.

Gaffer
09-30-2009, 11:20 AM
What ever happened to the ole cheers? Like: Rah, Rah, ree..kick em in the knee...Rah, Rah, Ras...kick em in the Ass!

Sorry but....Religious signs on display by school cheer leaders that are representatives of a "public" school is inappropriate. They can cheer the team on without giving a Bible lesson. IMO

No, a prayer before the game is not inappropriate. I mean these guys are out there to hurt someone, so a prayer that they don't is okay.

Let's get it right Mr. P. It's "Rah, rah, ree, kick em in the knee, rah, rah, ras, kick em in the ...other knee."

glockmail
09-30-2009, 11:49 AM
It's easy to explain from the liberal perspective. They hate God.

Mr. P
09-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Let's get it right Mr. P. It's "Rah, rah, ree, kick em in the knee, rah, rah, ras, kick em in the ...other knee."

:laugh2: Yeah, that's what we used to say when adults were around. :laugh2:

gabosaurus
09-30-2009, 04:08 PM
It's called "separation of church and state." If you want your kids to say prayers during school activities, send them to religious schools.

Nukeman
09-30-2009, 04:29 PM
It's called "separation of church and state." If you want your kids to say prayers during school activities, send them to religious schools.

But Gabby there is NO separation of church and state!!! The state shall not establish a religion, like in the church of England. This has bastardized into the current misnomer of "separation of church and state". No such thing!!!!!

Yurt
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
But Gabby there is NO separation of church and state!!! The state shall not establish a religion, like in the church of England. This has bastardized into the current misnomer of "separation of church and state". No such thing!!!!!

while you are right as to there is no such legal thing as church and state....do you agree with jefferson and madison?

Nukeman
09-30-2009, 05:23 PM
while you are right as to there is no such legal thing as church and state....do you agree with jefferson and madison?

I do believe the government should not ESTABLISH a religion I do not believe you leave your faith at the door to any government office or building. Just because you may put a Christmas tree up does not mean the government is sanctioning that religion it only means they are allowing the expression of it (which is a protected right), just as if you wanted to put a menorah in your govt office I could care less (once again it is a protected right).

If there truly were a separation of church and state than we would have all of our govt offices open on religious days now wouldn't we!!!