PDA

View Full Version : Buddhism

Noir
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Good day fellow DPers,
I have over the past few weeks become incresingly interested in buddhism, and its simple yet profound teachings of peace and love, i am making this thread to request if any fellow DPers who are buddhist (though i know not how many, if any, of you there are) know of good Books/Websites/YouTube accounts that you have read/joined/watched, that would serve to further my understanding of Buddhism

Cheers,

Nukeman
09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Good day fellow DPers,
I have over the past few weeks become incresingly interested in buddhism, and its simple yet profound teachings of peace and love, i am making this thread to request if any fellow DPers who are buddhist (though i know not how many, if any, of you there are) know of good Books/Websites/You Tube accounts that you have read/joined/watched, that would serve to further my understanding of Buddhism

Cheers,

Actually talk to Bully pulpit I believe he follows Buddhism!!! He should be able to give you information. If you have access to public libraries look it up in the religious section.

Noir
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Actually talk to Bully pulpit I believe he follows Buddhism!!! He should be able to give you information. If you have access to public libraries look it up in the religious section.

Cheers,
Am still getting to know this city so i'm not sure where the nearest library is, but i shall certainly contact Bully pulpit :beer:

Nukeman
09-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Cheers,
Am still getting to know this city so I'm not sure where the nearest library is, but i shall certainly contact Bully pulpit :beer:

Buddhism has some very good ideas but the missing point in western culture is the absence of a Deity. That being said I have yet to meet someone who practices Buddhism to be a arrogant ass like some who shall remain nameless at this time!!!:beer:

Cheers and good luck on your path wherever it may take you!!:cheers2:

Mr. P
09-29-2009, 06:06 PM
Cheers,
Am still getting to know this city so i'm not sure where the nearest library is, but i shall certainly contact Bully pulpit :beer:

Ask No1tovote4 too.

Noir
09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Ask No1tovote4 too.

:) will do

Buddhism has some very good ideas but the missing point in western culture is the absence of a Deity. That being said I have yet to meet someone who practices Buddhism to be a arrogant ass like some who shall remain nameless at this time!!!
Cheers and good luck on your path wherever it may take you!!

I am seeing the same, the more i read and watch the more i realize i may have been living an almost accidental buddhist life lol, almost everything i have read or seen i can relate to or have already thought about myself, tis truly quite wonderful =D

gabosaurus
09-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I am waiting for Chessy to issue his opinion on the evil Buddists.

Nukeman
09-30-2009, 04:15 PM

Give him time I am sure he will!!!!!:laugh2:

Noir
09-30-2009, 05:09 PM

:laugh2:

It wouldn't surprise me, considering Glock has already had a go at me for using the message 'coexist' =/

bullypulpit
09-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Buddhism has some very good ideas but the missing point in western culture is the absence of a Deity. That being said I have yet to meet someone who practices Buddhism to be a arrogant ass like some who shall remain nameless at this time!!!:beer:

Cheers and good luck on your path wherever it may take you!!:cheers2:

:laugh2: :beer:

theHawk
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Yea, if you want to become as angry and bitter as BP, Buddhism must be the way to go! :coffee:

chesswarsnow
10-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Why do you want to know my opinions on Buddhism?
2. They are probally not like yours.
3. But for sure they are correct.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

crin63
10-01-2009, 08:49 PM
If I remember correctly didn't buddah abandon his wife and son to begin his enlightenment.

Noir
10-05-2009, 07:49 AM
If I remember correctly didn't buddah abandon his wife and son to begin his enlightenment.

Yeah, he was a prince and when he told the King he wanted to move into the Forest to become enlightened the king tried everything in his power to keep him in the City, including arranging a marriage for him, though this did work for a while after he recieved a 'calling' from the gods he secretly left the city,

crin63
10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, he was a prince and when he told the King he wanted to move into the Forest to become enlightened the king tried everything in his power to keep him in the City, including arranging a marriage for him, though this did work for a while after he recieved a 'calling' from the gods he secretly left the city,

Well I have a problem with that. He apparently found her pleasing enough to have a child with her.