PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of this?

actsnoblemartin
10-01-2009, 07:11 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091001/ap_en_tv/us_tv_gay_characters

Study finds more gay characters on network TV

LOS ANGELES – The number of gay and bisexual characters on prime-time network TV is up slightly this season to 18 out of a total of 600 roles, according to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

The increase over 2008 fell well short of the more than twofold percentage jump in the '08 season compared to 2007, according to the group.

DragonStryk72
10-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Eh? I mean, seriously, gays and lesbians exist in society, so yeah, any show dealing with out communal reality is going to have to have a gay character here of there.

My only issue with it is when you have an otherwise heterosexual character, who has not once in the series shown any predeliction toward the same sex suddenly go full blown gay. Let me be clear: My dad is gay, and he spent 20 years married to my mom trying to live that down, but it doesn't just go away cause you don't want to think about it. He wasn't all about the poon, and then, poof, gayer than christmas. It was with him his whole life.

Now, I have no issue with a character in that case suddenly realizing they're bi, that's fine, and even realistic to an extent, because they could have simply been focused fully on the opposite gender, only to come around later.

theHawk
10-03-2009, 12:07 PM
The only reason Hollywood puts gays in TV shows is for people to laugh at them. Well, that and to promote the homosexual agenda.

Mr. P
10-03-2009, 01:57 PM
18 out of a total of 600 roles? :eek: OMG BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!

Noir
10-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Only 18 outa 600? i thought it would of been more, meh!

Trigg
10-03-2009, 03:10 PM
So that's like 3% of the characters.

This is probably a fair representation of the population.