PDA

View Full Version : moral dilemma

actsnoblemartin
10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I have a best friend whom i love to death whom is christian and believes homosexuality is wrong, and I have an online friend who is gay.

I dont wanna let her down, I dont wanna let him down.

what do i do?

help!?

Jeff
10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Let them both do there thing, if the gay one is a woman and she looks good see if ya can join in, LOL

Seriously they have a right to due as they please, they are grown adults

gabosaurus
10-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Make sure neither of them is a Muslim taxi driver.

Nukeman
10-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Make sure neither of them is a Muslim taxi driver.And goes anywhere near Chess Wars Now!!!!:laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm confused....why do you need to let either of them down?....were you planning on having them both over for lunch on the same day?.......

actsnoblemartin
10-01-2009, 10:07 PM
If i belief one way, she will be disapointed, if i believe another, he will be disapointed

I'm confused....why do you need to let either of them down?....were you planning on having them both over for lunch on the same day?.......

Gaffer
10-01-2009, 10:53 PM
If i belief one way, she will be disapointed, if i believe another, he will be disapointed

State what you believe. A true friend will get over being disappointed.

PostmodernProphet
10-02-2009, 06:28 AM

that's silly....nobody expects their friends to agree with them about everything.....just don't discuss the other one with either of them.....

Noir
10-02-2009, 06:46 AM
Just do whatever you want to do, not as others would have you do,

In the words of Oscer Wilde...

"There is no such thing as a good influence, Mr Gray. All influence is immoral - immoral from the scientific point of view"
"Why?"
"Because to influence a person is to give him one's own soul. He does not think his natural thoughts, or burn with his natural passions. His virtues are not real to him. His sins, if there are such things as sins, are borrowed. He becomes an echo of someone else's music, an actor of a part that has not been written for him."

DragonStryk72
10-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I have a best friend whom i love to death whom is christian and believes homosexuality is wrong, and I have an online friend who is gay.

I dont wanna let her down, I dont wanna let him down.

what do i do?

help!?

Stay out of it. As long as they aren't making a deal out of it, neither should you

Trigg
10-03-2009, 03:20 PM

I have to agree with everyone else.

You don't have to agree with everything in order to be friends.

I have democrate friends and pro-choice friends. We simply don't discuss these two things when we're together.

Heck hubby and I don't even agree on gun control.

crin63
10-04-2009, 01:53 AM
From my perspective I guess it depends on your goals and/or how good a friend you intend the person to be.

I have high standards for who I call a close friend. There are certain things that I will not accept from a close friend or family for that matter. To be someone who I consider a close friend, which means giving you access to my family we have to be on the same page morally or very close to it. Everyone has the right to their opinions or beliefs but if they differ too drastically from mine, sorry but you get to stay at arms length.

sgtdmski
10-12-2009, 01:50 AM
The best advise I have ever received was the following:

If you can't change your friends, change your friends.

Use it or ignore it....

dmk

Jeff
10-12-2009, 07:24 AM
The best advise I have ever received was the following:

If you can't change your friends, change your friends.

Use it or ignore it....

dmk

Excellent advice, the only thing I would change is, if ya feel ya have to change your friends then change friends