PDA

View Full Version : kids playing football

Jeff
10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
My youngest Boys started football, they had there second game Tuesday night, My 8 year old( just turned 8 yesterday) is playing defensive end, I went to there first game and he came off the field telling me the other kid was holding him, I explained to him if he has to cheat he is scared, I watched him and sure enough the kid was holding on for dear life and no flag, so when Colt( the 8 year old) came in I told him grab the kid by the face mask accidently punch him in the mouth and toss him to the ground, LOL he did and was in on quite a few tackles Saturday, My 7 year old (Wyatt) that by the way has been called Wild Wyatt since he was born played well also but he lost a tooth during the game and just thought that was the greatest

Last night was there second game and the wife called me to let me know it had started, Colt was on the field when she called, she no sooner said hello and someone next to her yelled Colt is in a fight, LOL, seems the kid called him a punk, so they went to fighting until the whistle blew the ball dead( hey he has to learn yet) LOL, the next play the offensive end let him go by and he sacked the QB, he had to more sacks last night, seems he is finally figuring out how to harness his temper , he called me when he got home and told me they lost by one TD but he said he did his job , I could feel how proud he was as I am of him, Wyatt is still a year younger, he does well but just doesn't have the nasty attitude yet, oooo well I was proud of them and thought I would share

jackass
10-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Very cool Jeff!

Jeff
10-03-2009, 06:23 AM
Very cool Jeff!

Thanks JA, I am extremely proud of all my kids, but Colt has had a problem with his temper since the day he was born, the nurse that checked him out in the nursery said she had never seen a baby with such a temper, we have been fighting him to control it for eight years and it finally looks like he is learning to use it the right way

actsnoblemartin
10-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Very cool Jeff!

I second that

Trigg
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Sports are great for kids, keeps them busy and out of trouble.

My oldest and middle boy don't like football, they're into wrestling and cross country. Hubby is hoping our youngest will follow in his footsteps and play football when he gets older.