PDA

View Full Version : I don't know who writes this clown's jokes...

Silver
10-01-2009, 05:32 PM
...but they are special....

Michelle Obama: It's a 'sacrifice' to travel to Europe to pitch for the Olympics. But I'm doing it for the kids.
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
09/30/09 5:12 PM EDT
First lady Michelle Obama's speaks at the Caroline Family Practice in Bowling Green, Va., Monday, July 27, 2009. She participated in a ribbon-cutting ceremony to help open this new community health ...
First lady Michelle Obama(AP Photo/ Richmond Times-Dispatch, Dean Hoffmeyer, Pool)

In her speech in Copenhagen today, First Lady Michelle Obama said her trip to Denmark, along with the travel of her "dear friend" and "chit-chat buddy" Oprah Winfrey, as well as tomorrow's visit by President Obama, is a "sacrifice" on behalf of the children of Chicago and the United States. "As much of a sacrifice as people say this is for me or Oprah or the president to come for these few days," the first lady told a crowd of people involved in the Chicago project, "so many of you in this room have been working for years to bring this bid home."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Michelle-Obama-Its-a-sacrifice-to-travel-to-Europe-to-pitch-for-the-Olympics--For-Oprah-and-the-president-too--But-were-doing-it-for-the-kids-62928957.html

hjmick
10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm so happy that Obama's wives were able to make this supreme sacrifice, we're all so much better off for their having done so. I can't imagine what would happen if they had not shown up for the announcement of something that has, more than likely, already been decided.

I do, however, have a question or two...

If Chicago does indeed get the 2016 Olympics, will they be handing out Kevlar vests for the marathoners, or will the runners need to supply their own?

darin
10-01-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm so happy that Obama's wives were able to make this supreme sacrifice, we're all so much better off for their having done so. I can't imagine what would happen if they had not shown up for the announcement of something that has, more than likely, already been decided.

If Chicago does indeed get the 2016 Olympics, will they be handing out Kevlar vests for the marathoners, or will the runners need to supply their own?

at least the runners will be sufficiently motivated to world records.

Silver
10-01-2009, 06:17 PM

Ahhh...so you too have already come to the conclusion that Chicago is the winner.....
the messiah would not have put himself (and his wife) in the spotlight if the deal wasn't already done...
good thinking..

hjmick
10-01-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm not absolutely sure Chicago is the winner, I hope it isn't, but it is somewhat suspect. On the other hand, there are other heads of state in attendance, so who really knows. It does seem unlikely, however, that Obama would show up and not bring it home.

Silver
10-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm not absolutely sure Chicago is the winner, I hope it isn't, but it is somewhat suspect. On the other hand, there are other heads of state in attendance, so who really knows. It does seem unlikely, however, that Obama would show up and not bring it home.

Shows your thinking anyway.....:salute:

hjmick
10-01-2009, 07:24 PM
It's funny. I was watching the news and there was a discussion about the 2016 Olympics and the cities in the running. One of the people on the paqnel mentioned Rio and the fact that they had issues with violence, that some neighborhoods might simply be walled off. They suggested that perhaps, because of the violence, Rio should not be selected. In the end I was left thinking: What the fuck? Have you not been paying attention to the goings on in Chicago of late?

Kathianne
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Somewhere I saw a post regarding 'Chicago Way'. Jist was that Obama wouldn't have risked the political capital if not in the bag. I pray it's not so. Go Rio!

Yurt
10-01-2009, 07:34 PM
It's funny. I was watching the news and there was a discussion about the 2016 Olympics and the cities in the running. One of the people on the paqnel mentioned Rio and the fact that they had issues with violence, that some neighborhoods might simply be walled off. They suggested that perhaps, because of the violence, Rio should not be selected. In the end I was left thinking: What the fuck? Have you not been paying attention to the goings on in Chicago of late?

i was thinking the exact same thing...i think it should go rio...chicago doesn't need it....on the other hand, it would do great things for rio

Gaffer
10-01-2009, 10:04 PM
They went to Copenhagen to indulge in a little smoking and snorting. Maybe sample a little of that red light district as well. Catch a live sex show or two.

Silver
10-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Ahhh...so you too have already come to the conclusion that Chicago is the winner.....
the messiah would not have put himself (and his wife) in the spotlight if the deal wasn't already done...
good thinking..

Not the first prediction I've been wrong about.....so much for that crystal ball gazing
the messiah and moonbeam put themselves out there and got dis-ed....

well....its his own fault...

Kathianne
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Somewhere I saw a post regarding 'Chicago Way'. Jist was that Obama wouldn't have risked the political capital if not in the bag. I pray it's not so. Go Rio!

Seems I need to make a novena. Prayers were answered.