PDA

View Full Version : FOX News Poll: National Debt Hurting The Country

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:09 AM
OK Obama supporters, tell us how the debt is helping the country. After all, the left was screaming how Pres Bush was hurting our grandchildren with his budget deficits

Obama is now hurting our great great grandchildren with his bufget deficits

FOX News Poll: National Debt Hurting The Country

Most Americans -- 78 percent -- think the national debt is so large it is hurting the future of the country, including majorities of Democrats (64 percent), Republicans (92 percent) and independents (85 percent

Most Americans -- 78 percent -- think the national debt is so large it is hurting the future of the country, including majorities of Democrats (64 percent), Republicans (92 percent) and independents (85 percent).

Moreover, nearly two-thirds (65 percent) think the Obama administration is proposing more government spending than Americans can afford. Some 29 percent disagree.

The political divide is striking: 90 percent of Republicans and 74 percent of independents think the Obama administration is proposing more spending than taxpayers can afford. Among Democrats, that number drops to 39 percent, while over half disagree (55 percent).

These are just some of the findings of the latest FOX News poll.

President Obama's Job Rating

Approval of the president's job performance dips 4 percentage points this week to 50 percent, down from 54 percent two weeks ago (15-16 September 2009). This is the lowest approval rating the president has received in a FOX News poll, and also the highest disapproval rating he has received -- coming in at 42 percent.

Across the political spectrum President Obama received his lowest approval ratings yet -- from Democrats (84 percent), Republicans (16 percent) and independents (46 percent).

If Sec. of State Hillary Clinton had won the election, 27 percent of Americans think she would be doing a better job as president than Obama, while 28 percent think she would be doing worse.

Some 25 percent think Clinton's job performance would be the same as Obama's and another 21 percent are unsure.

Among voters who say they backed Obama in the election, 16 percent think Clinton would be doing a better job, 31 percent say worse and 29 percent say the same.

Nearly half of Americans -- 47 percent -- think the Obama administration is blaming the Bush administration too often, while a 36 percent sizable minority says not often enough and 12 percent say "about the right amount."

In recent weeks President Obama has given multiple television interviews and delivered a number of speeches that caused some commentators on the right and the left to suggest he appears to still be in campaign mode. The American public is split: 43 percent think it looks like he is a candidate on the campaign trail, while a slightly larger number -- 49 percent -- think his travel and speaking schedule makes him look more like he is president of the United States.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from September 29 to September 30. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

Most Americans Are Worried About Government Spending, Iran

Americans are as worried about the federal government spending too much money as they are about Iran developing nukes.

The latest FOX News poll finds 79 percent of Americans say they are worried the federal government is spending too much money, while 77 percent are worried about Iran developing nuclear weapons.

In addition, most people -- 77 percent -- say they are worried about the increasing size of the federal deficit and 74 percent worry about "leaving the country worse off for future generations."
Nearly 6 of 10 are troubled by the increasing concentration of power in Washington (59 percent).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/01/fox-news-poll-national-debt-hurting-country/

Jeff
10-02-2009, 07:16 AM
OK Obama supporters, tell us how the debt is helping the country. After all, the left was screaming how Pres Bush was hurting our grandchildren with his budget deficits

Obama is now hurting our great great grandchildren with his bufget deficits

FOX News Poll: National Debt Hurting The Country

Most Americans -- 78 percent -- think the national debt is so large it is hurting the future of the country, including majorities of Democrats (64 percent), Republicans (92 percent) and independents (85 percent

Most Americans -- 78 percent -- think the national debt is so large it is hurting the future of the country, including majorities of Democrats (64 percent), Republicans (92 percent) and independents (85 percent).

Moreover, nearly two-thirds (65 percent) think the Obama administration is proposing more government spending than Americans can afford. Some 29 percent disagree.

The political divide is striking: 90 percent of Republicans and 74 percent of independents think the Obama administration is proposing more spending than taxpayers can afford. Among Democrats, that number drops to 39 percent, while over half disagree (55 percent).

These are just some of the findings of the latest FOX News poll.

President Obama's Job Rating

Approval of the president's job performance dips 4 percentage points this week to 50 percent, down from 54 percent two weeks ago (15-16 September 2009). This is the lowest approval rating the president has received in a FOX News poll, and also the highest disapproval rating he has received -- coming in at 42 percent.

Across the political spectrum President Obama received his lowest approval ratings yet -- from Democrats (84 percent), Republicans (16 percent) and independents (46 percent).

If Sec. of State Hillary Clinton had won the election, 27 percent of Americans think she would be doing a better job as president than Obama, while 28 percent think she would be doing worse.

Some 25 percent think Clinton's job performance would be the same as Obama's and another 21 percent are unsure.

Among voters who say they backed Obama in the election, 16 percent think Clinton would be doing a better job, 31 percent say worse and 29 percent say the same.

Nearly half of Americans -- 47 percent -- think the Obama administration is blaming the Bush administration too often, while a 36 percent sizable minority says not often enough and 12 percent say "about the right amount."

In recent weeks President Obama has given multiple television interviews and delivered a number of speeches that caused some commentators on the right and the left to suggest he appears to still be in campaign mode. The American public is split: 43 percent think it looks like he is a candidate on the campaign trail, while a slightly larger number -- 49 percent -- think his travel and speaking schedule makes him look more like he is president of the United States.

Opinion Dynamics Corp. conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News from September 29 to September 30. The poll has a 3-point error margin.

Most Americans Are Worried About Government Spending, Iran

Americans are as worried about the federal government spending too much money as they are about Iran developing nukes.

The latest FOX News poll finds 79 percent of Americans say they are worried the federal government is spending too much money, while 77 percent are worried about Iran developing nuclear weapons.

In addition, most people -- 77 percent -- say they are worried about the increasing size of the federal deficit and 74 percent worry about "leaving the country worse off for future generations."
Nearly 6 of 10 are troubled by the increasing concentration of power in Washington (59 percent).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/01/fox-news-poll-national-debt-hurting-country/

These Polls are BS, how can anyone Dem or Rep think he is doing a good job? The people wanted GW out cause he ran the deficit so high, Obama showed him how to really do it, people wanted GW out cause we are at war in Iraq, the messiah promised to be out in 3 no 4 no 6 , months, LOL he keeps changing, in fact it is the only change I have seen

Try going across this country, not many if any approve of Obama, so again theses Polls are BS, And this is a fox report so I am sure it is a bit closer to the truth and I say that only cause they don't have there heads up Obama's ass, but it still isn't true

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:23 AM
These Polls are BS, how can anyone Dem or Rep think he is doing a good job? The people wanted GW out cause he ran the deficit so high, Obama showed him how to really do it, people wanted GW out cause we are at war in Iraq, the messiah promised to be out in 3 no 4 no 6 , months, LOL he keeps changing, in fact it is the only change I have seen

Try going across this country, not many if any approve of Obama, so again theses Polls are BS, And this is a fox report so I am sure it is a bit closer to the truth and I say that only cause they don't have there heads up Obama's ass, but it still isn't true

Jeff, my car pool budy and co-worker, is a liberal - and he has yet to explain the difference to me

All he will say, is "I am not happy with the spending" - but he is not as angry over the spending as he was when it was Pres Bush and the Republican Congress doing the spending

Blue States Rule will then say how we are in a crisis and at least Obama is trying to fix it. However he is seeing how unpopular the Dems policies are and now he is saying how if Republicans take over he is looking forward to them being "on the hot seat" and he is looking forward to "attacking them as I am attacking Obama"

So, is pointing out the facts about Obama's tax and spend policies, and his $2 trillion annual deficits now attacking?

Jeff
10-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Jeff, my car pool budy and co-worker, is a liberal - and he has yet to explain the difference to me

All he will say, is "I am not happy with the spending" - but he is not as angry over the spending as he was when it was Pres Bush and the Republican Congress doing the spending

Blue States Rule will then say how we are in a crisis and at least Obama is trying to fix it. However he is seeing how unpopular the Dems policies are and now he is saying how if Republicans take over he is looking forward to them being "on the hot seat" and he is looking forward to "attacking them as I am attacking Obama"

So, is pointing out the facts about Obama's tax and spend policies, and his $2 trillion annual deficits now attacking?

Ya need to remind your car pool buddy how they attacked GW at every chance they could, He ought not be worrying about future Republicans he ought to be hanging his head in shame, his man the messiah has done more in a few months to ruin this country than even GW's haters said GW did in 8 years

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Ya need to remind your car pool buddy how they attacked GW at every chance they could, He ought not be worrying about future Republicans he ought to be hanging his head in shame, his man the messiah has done more in a few months to ruin this country than even GW's haters said GW did in 8 years

I do, but his typical reply is "Well, we all know what a buch of losers Democrats are. We are out to destroy the country"

You see, he is not interested in a debate - he wants people like McCain who will try to get along

That is why he will take part in the football pool - but will not enter the debate section

I think deep down he is upset tax and spend liberalism is not working once again