PDA

View Full Version : Economy loses 263,000 jobs in September; jobless rate at 9.8 percent

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:37 AM
No link yet since it is breaking news

Damn, that hope and change is doing just as well as I expected. I supect the Obama drones will say the unemployment rate would have been over 10% if not for all the saved jobs thanks to the Obama stimulus bill

Jeff
10-02-2009, 07:40 AM
No link yet since it is breaking news

Damn, that hope and change is doing just as well as I expected. I supect the Obama drones will say the unemployment rate would have been over 10% if not for all the saved jobs thanks to the Obama stimulus bill

Wasn't it 2 months ago when Obama said unemployment was getting better, than said they mis calculated? Here it is and it is still going up, damn did they Mis calculate

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:42 AM
Wasn't it 2 months ago when Obama said unemployment was getting better, than said they mis calculated? Here it is and it is still going up, damn did they Mis calculate

Biden already covered that when he said "they misread the economy"

I asked how can that be when they ran on the worst economy cince the Depression?

I say we are now enjoying Jimmy Carters second term

Damn I wish Virgil was here to give us the liberal perspective of all this. he will rant "It is all Bush's fault"

Jeff
10-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Biden already covered that when he said "they misread the economy"

I asked how can that be when they ran on the worst economy cince the Depression?

I say we are now enjoying Jimmy Carters second term

Damn I wish Virgil was here to give us the liberal perspective of all this. he will rant "It is all Bush's fault"

I can give you the liberal perspective of all this, it is GW's fault, LOL

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:45 AM
I can give you the liberal perspective of all this, it is GW's fault, LOL

Or,

damn racists will not go out and get a job so they can make Obama look bad

Looks like unemplyment will hit 10% by the end of the month

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Here are more details on how the Hope and Change Express is doing

Jobless Rate Climbs to 9.8 Percent in September

The Labor Department says the country's economy lost a net total of 263,000jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised total of 201,000 in August.

The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September as employers cut more jobs than expected, evidence that the longest recession since the 1930s is still inflicting widespread pain.

The Labor Department says the country's economy lost a net total of 263,000 jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised total of 201,000 in August.

That's above Wall Street economists' expectations of 180,000 job losses, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters. The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in August, matching expectations.

If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/02/jobless-rate-climbs-percent-september/

Jeff
10-02-2009, 07:49 AM
Or,

damn racists will not go out and get a job so they can make Obama look bad

Looks like unemplyment will hit 10% by the end of the month

If you took all the people that are now un eligible for unemployment bennifits those that haven't filed yet it is way over 10% Red, The Gov. fixes things to make them look good, add in all the others and it is over 10% right now

red states rule
10-02-2009, 07:52 AM
If you took all the people that are now un eligible for unemployment bennifits those that haven't filed yet it is way over 10% Red, The Gov. fixes things to make them look good, add in all the others and it is over 10% right now

My previous post points out it is at 17%

Well, time for new taxes on the rich, extend unemployment benfits, and increase welfare payments

After all, why work when the government will make your house payment, give you food, and health care?

Jeff
10-02-2009, 07:56 AM
My previous post points out it is at 17%

Well, time for new taxes on the rich, extend unemployment benfits, and increase welfare payments

After all, why work when the government will make your house payment, give you food, and health care?

Don't forget the free cell phone, sad but true Red, it sickens me to think I have to bust my ass to get the same some sit home and get for free, but know if you are a honest hard working person and loose your job threw no fault of your own, well then it is a real job to get help, allot just say the hell with it and don't apply, ya need to add them to the 17%

red states rule
10-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Don't forget the free cell phone, sad but true Red, it sickens me to think I have to bust my ass to get the same some sit home and get for free, but know if you are a honest hard working person and loose your job threw no fault of your own, well then it is a real job to get help, allot just say the hell with it and don't apply, ya need to add them to the 17%

Jeff the only way the unemplyment number will get better when Obama loses his job in 2012

I suspect as a Christmas present for America, unemployment will be at or near 11%

Jeff
10-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Jeff the only way the unemplyment number will get better when Obama loses his job in 2012

I suspect as a Christmas present for America, unemployment will be at or near 11%

Think about how terrible that is, 11 out of every 100 Americans out of work, gee the messiah is doing a great job and his stimulus Package really worked well

Red I have been sitting for over 24 hours cause we can't get a load out of Buffalo NY, can you imagine that , Rochester not far, hell even Syracuse isn't to far, hell the other side ya have Cleveland, but nothing heading south, we use to have to rush up here cause our back loads were waiting on us, damn Obama is doing a great job

red states rule
10-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Think about how terrible that is, 11 out of every 100 Americans out of work, gee the messiah is doing a great job and his stimulus Package really worked well

Red I have been sitting for over 24 hours cause we can't get a load out of Buffalo NY, can you imagine that , Rochester not far hell even Syracuse isn't to far, hell the other side ya have Cleveland, but nothing heading south, we use to have to rush up here cause our back loads were waiting on us, damn Obama is doing a great job

Jeff, what will happen if Obamacare passes?

With all the tax increases on businesses, and employers, you can bet when companies start cutting overhead, the unemplyment numbers will hit 12%

ON TOP OF THAT, Cap and Trade will kill a few more million jobs

Yep, gotta love that hope and change

chloe
10-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Here are more details on how the Hope and Change Express is doing

Jobless Rate Climbs to 9.8 Percent in September

The Labor Department says the country's economy lost a net total of 263,000jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised total of 201,000 in August.

The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 9.8 percent in September as employers cut more jobs than expected, evidence that the longest recession since the 1930s is still inflicting widespread pain.

The Labor Department says the country's economy lost a net total of 263,000 jobs last month, up from a downwardly revised total of 201,000 in August.

That's above Wall Street economists' expectations of 180,000 job losses, according to a survey by Thomson Reuters. The unemployment rate rose from 9.7 percent in August, matching expectations.

If laid-off workers who have settled for part-time work or have given up looking for new jobs are included, the unemployment rate rose to 17 percent, the highest on records dating from 1994.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/02/jobless-rate-climbs-percent-september/

scary, yeah over the summer 15 of my co-worker friends lost there jobs and on wednesday my bosses announced shutting down a whole department so they are all fired by oct 20th, Im just waiting until they close down my specialized department, that consists of only me and another person. Ive been sick over it.

red states rule
10-02-2009, 08:43 AM
scary, yeah over the summer 15 of my co-worker friends lost there jobs and on wednesday my bosses announced shutting down a whole department so they are all fired by oct 20th, Im just waiting until they close down my specialized department, that consists of only me and another person. Ive been sick over it.

Flashback, how the liberal media reported unemployment numbers under Ronald Reagan and under Obama. ABC's Charlie Gibson gives both reports

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdkUqGSU4z" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdkUqGSU4z" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

theHawk
10-02-2009, 08:52 AM

Its far more than that. Unemployment numbers are always fudged. They don't include people that have given up on looking. They also don't count people that get temporarly employed and are still looking for a real job. Young people aged 16-25 are over 50% unemployed.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm

Sept 09 "U-6" number is at 17% now. Up from 10.6% a year ago.

red states rule
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Its far more than that. Unemployment numbers are always fudged. They don't include people that have given up on looking. They also don't count people that get temporarly employed and are still looking for a real job. Young people aged 16-25 are over 50% unemployed.

Yet, except for healthcare, Obama has gotten everything he has wanted. His "stimulus" bill was to prevet unemployment from hitting 8%

Remeber how all those temporary "shovel-ready" jobs that were supposed to put America back to work?

red states rule
10-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Remember all the hope and change the nation felt on Jan 20, 2009?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVFdAJRVm94&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kVFdAJRVm94&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Trigg
10-02-2009, 02:09 PM

That is the group that was so excited to vote for him and they're the ones getting hit the hardest in this economy.

red states rule
10-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Obama is a walking breathing disaster area. He will do to our healthcare system what he has done to our economy

I hope the Obama voters have learned a valuable lesson. Next time look for experience and a list of accomplishments the next time they walk into the voting booth

red states rule
10-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Reich is laughed at for saying the stimulus bill is keeping people working

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdkUaGaG8z" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdkUaGaG8z" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>