PDA

View Full Version : is it fair to a child

actsnoblemartin
10-02-2009, 04:31 PM
for a woman to purposefully choose to be a single mother, or gays to adopt children.

your thoughts?

Jeff
10-02-2009, 06:07 PM
for a woman to purposefully choose to be a single mother, or gays to adopt children.

your thoughts?

A child should have a Mother and Father but with that said I have seen plenty of fantastic single Parents

What gets me just happened to someone very close to me, he got a girl pregnant and was willing to man up, she took it upon herself to go kill the baby ( abortion, but lets call it what it is) I think that sucks, if she wanted to keep the baby and have nothing to do with this boy she could take him to court and get child support, so why should she have the only say as to keep or kill the baby?

DragonStryk72
10-02-2009, 09:33 PM

your thoughts?

yes. okay, done.

Nah, seriously, just because the family situation is different than the prototypical family unit, doesn't make a difference really. It's the quality of the family, not the quantity, or gender therein. And seriously, have you seen how packed the orphanages are? If they pass the criteria, more power to 'em

DragonStryk72
10-02-2009, 09:38 PM
A child should have a Mother and Father but with that said I have seen plenty of fantastic single Parents

What gets me just happened to someone very close to me, he got a girl pregnant and was willing to man up, she took it upon herself to go kill the baby ( abortion, but lets call it what it is) I think that sucks, if she wanted to keep the baby and have nothing to do with this boy she could take him to court and get child support, so why should she have the only say as to keep or kill the baby?

See, I don't like this one either, because in those cases where you have a man who is actually willing to take care of the child, he should have the same right as the woman, since he is half the reason they're at that point. If he's willing to take up the responsibilities, financial and otherwise, then the child should be protected in that instance.

crin63
10-03-2009, 12:37 AM

your thoughts?

I think both are wrong. Women are very good at being women but they don't know how to be men. A woman cannot replace the role of a man in a childs life. Thats no to say that a woman doesn't have a very important role to play but just cant be a man to that child.
And of course no gay couple should ever be allowed to pervert, I mean raise a kid.

sgtdmski
10-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I believe that the first part of your question is a slippery slope. I know that studies by the Census Bureau have shown that the best way you can make yourself wind up in poverty is to be a single mother. I believe the study showed that you were nine times more likely to live in poverty if you were a single mother.

With that being said, there are several different possibilities. I am in my 40's and I several single mothers, some find themselves struggling. Others though are women who focused on their profession and who are now in their 30's that heard the biological clock ticking and decided that they were in a situation where they could have a child and did not necessarily need a husband in order to provide for that child.

I don't think that in other situations I could find fault with a woman who chooses life.

dmk

Noir
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm cool with it all, alsong as the adult(s) love the child and care for it, then it really matters not if the child is raised by a single man/women, or a gay couple,

darin
10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
I'd have a hard time believing homos could love a child selflessly.

Noir
10-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I'd have a hard time believing homos could love a child selflessly.

?
Just because they are gay?

Mr. P
10-03-2009, 02:20 PM

your thoughts?

Fair? How about what's best?

Option one:

a. Abortion

b. Life long temporary Foster Family after foster family

c. Never knowing the stability of a family

Option two:

a. A single Mom providing love and support forever

b. a gay couple providing a loving stable family

IMO option two is the only choice that's "best" for the child.