PDA

View Full Version : Does God Exist?

-Cp
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldHF6PFUukw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldHF6PFUukw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Noir
10-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Kool story bro, however, it does thus presume that anyone who does not follow God is evil,

I do however think that religious studies shold be kept in schools, studies which should include the 4 major world religions; Christainity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism.

Silver
10-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Einstein had nothing to do with this video...nothing like this ever happened...

Thats #1....

#2...One can't assume the existence of God to prove the existence of God... as is being done in this clip....to claim that evil is the lack of God assumes there is a God to begin with....

chesswarsnow
10-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yes, in fact we speak on a regular bases.
2. God is Jesus Christ The Lord.
3. Unless you find The Lords Forgiveness, you will be left too darkness.
4. For The Lord Jesus, is Light no part darkness, seek him.

Regards,
SirJamesoTexas

actsnoblemartin
10-04-2009, 09:58 AM
brilliant, brilliant, brilliant

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldHF6PFUukw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ldHF6PFUukw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Why dont you just ask Him and find out?`

Noir
10-04-2009, 10:23 AM

Becuase you're not allowed ta,
Its in the rules you see,

darin
10-04-2009, 10:34 AM

You don't know much about Christianity it seems. Educate yourself, if you care. Truth is - people who say things like you in this regard are not people who are looking for God, they are people who are afraid of the answers they'd find if the really looked.

Noir
10-04-2009, 10:39 AM
You don't know much about Christianity it seems. Educate yourself, if you care. Truth is - people who say things like you in this regard are not people who are looking for God, they are people who are afraid of the answers they'd find if the really looked.

?
You can't put God to the test surly?
Ergo you can't ask him,
Simples, no?

Missileman
10-04-2009, 11:00 AM

Will you accept the answer to my inquiry as the truth of the matter?

crin63
10-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Kool story bro, however, it does thus presume that anyone who does not follow God is evil,

I do however think that religious studies shold be kept in schools, studies which should include the 4 major world religions; Christainity, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism.

That would beg the question, are Gods enemies evil?

If you take God at His word (The Bible) that He is the holy righteous creator of the world, with Him being the only source of all holiness and righteousness and you are His enemy. If you are the enemy of holiness and righteousness are you evil?

Noir
10-04-2009, 11:23 AM
That would beg the question, are Gods enemies evil?

If you take God at His word (The Bible) that He is the holy righteous creator of the world, with Him being the only source of all holiness and righteousness and you are His enemy. If you are the enemy of holiness and righteousness are you evil?

Well first off we are assuming he does exist,

But beond that, yes, it seems that it doesn't matter how good a life you lead, if you dun't believe in his holiness you're evil. Likewise it doesn't matter how evil a life you lead if you do follow his holiness.

This is what i truly can not stand about christainity, and many other religions,

10-04-2009, 02:23 PM

He didnt seem to object when I did. In fact, all the evidence I've seen seen from the scriptures and personal experience is completely contrary to those rules. We are to seek and find, ask and recieve, etc.

We are supposed to have a relationship with God. How do you do that if you dont talk with Him?

10-04-2009, 02:24 PM
?
You can't put God to the test surly?
Ergo you can't ask him,
Simples, no?

Why cant you? God has been more than forthcoming in encouraging people to come to Him. Why would you conclude otherwise?

10-04-2009, 02:25 PM

I dont know the answer to your inquiry. I only know the answer to mine. And I have accepted it as the truth.

Noir
10-04-2009, 02:26 PM
He didnt seem to object when I did. In fact, all the evidence I've seen seen from the scriptures and personal experience is completely contrary to those rules. We are to seek and find, ask and recieve, etc.

We are supposed to have a relationship with God. How do you do that if you dont talk with Him?

My point was built around the reasoning that if you ask a question you expect an answer, and are thus testing god,

10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
My point was built around the reasoning that if you ask a question you expect an answer, and are thus testing god,

And yet God tells us to ask, so why should we presume that we can't?

Noir
10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Why cant you? God has been more than forthcoming in encouraging people to come to Him. Why would you conclude otherwise?

Wasn't it Jesus wot sed not to put him to the test?

Noir
10-04-2009, 02:28 PM
And yet God tells us to ask, so why should we presume that we can't?

So he tells you to ask,
but by asking you are testing,
and you're not meant to test,
er,...

chesswarsnow
10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. God knows who his sheep are, and calls them accordingly.
2. Those whom dont hear the call should be the ones wondering why they havent.
3. He draws all those whom are of his flock, and never missed a one, throughout time.

Regards
SirJamesofTexas

Missileman
10-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. God knows who his sheep are, and calls them accordingly.
2. Those whom dont hear the call should be the ones wondering why they havent.
3. He draws all those whom are of his flock, and never missed a one, throughout time.

Regards
SirJamesofTexas

It's too ba-a-a-a-ad your life's ambition is to attain the status of a farm animal.

chesswarsnow
10-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry bout that,

It's too ba-a-a-a-ad your life's ambition is to attain the status of a farm animal.

1. Humm,......goats do tend to resist harshly.
2. I knew a guy who had a goat, out in the country, damn thing would climb up on his car, and try to but you in the gut.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
10-05-2009, 06:52 AM

yes, with verified proof that you don't have your fingers stuck in your ears.....

sgtdmski
10-12-2009, 01:24 AM

No, it presumes that anyone that is evil does not have the love of God. A big difference!!!

dmk

sgtdmski
10-12-2009, 01:48 AM

No our ambition in life it to be a servant of God and be in his good graces. To believe with our faith when those around us tell us we should not.

To pray him for guidance and to live our lives knowing that when we die, because we believe that we will have everlasting life..

I feel sorry for those who do not, for what do you have to look forward to other than becoming worn food. God may not exist, and I too may become worm food, but my life will be much more fulfilling than yours ever will be simply because I believe that there is more.....

As I said if I am wrong like you I will become worm food, but if you are wrong that is all that you will ever have the chance to become, whereas I, have the chance to meet those who have lived before and after me.

dmk

Missileman
10-12-2009, 10:33 AM
God may not exist, and I too may become worm food, but my life will be much more fulfilling than yours ever will be simply because I believe that there is more.....

dmk

Ask all the starving, god-worshipping people in Africa and elsewhere if they have a fulfilling life.

glockmail
10-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Are all queer enablers atheists?

Gaffer
10-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Are all queer enablers atheists?

Most queer enablers are so called christians. I can't stand queers myself. Has nothing to do with religion, they are just disgusting, both male and female. They are evolutions way of pruning the gene pool. They are the end of the branch.

glockmail
10-12-2009, 01:31 PM
That's true Virgil claims he is a Christian but can't justify queer-enabling with his stated religion. His actual religion is Democrat.

PostmodernProphet
10-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Ask all the starving, god-worshipping people in Africa and elsewhere if they have a fulfilling life.

the world's biggest church building.....Canaanland, Nigeria....

http://lh3.ggpht.com/hydmastipics/SB4dK3K9s_I/AAAAAAAAKE8/2xI9A83JtoA/s400/160641image026.jpg
there are parts of Africa where the people aren't starving.....

bullypulpit
10-14-2009, 04:07 AM
"Does God exist?" Which god are you talking about? There have been so many throughout human history.

But let's keep it simple and assume we're speaking of the god of Abraham...Jehovah...Yaweh, and yes, Allah, since Islam is also one of the Abrahamic religions. Never in the history of human knowledge and science has such a supreme, immortal, omniscient, omnipotent being revealed itself to us or displayed any of the powers ascribed to it.

Always...and without exception...We have a "prophet" who speaks for this god. If this god is omnipotent, as we have been told, it can speak. If it cannot do so then the claims of omnipotence for this being are false. We have been told by these "prophets" that god will only speak to the select...the chosen...the worthy.

Should we then accept a deity which is too powerless to speak or too devious or skeptical to do so? In either case the claims of omniscience and omnipotence are put to rest. Or perhaps a god which will only accept those which blindly swallow the faith set forth by a "prophet" supported by nothing more than the claims of said prophet that this god exists, absent any objective, independently verifiable proof? Yet we have done so, and continue to do so. And in doing so we have ceded tremendous powers to those who claim to speak for god...even the power of life and death even if it conflicts with the will of god as laid out by one or another of its prophets.

Given the utter absence of any objective and independently verifiable proof of the existence of a god, any god, It would be safe to assume that no such being exists.

chesswarsnow
10-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. What I wonder how long will God allow those who reject him to keep avoiding him?
2. And what happens to them, when he's done?
3. At what point does God turn away totally from one of his creation?
4. Or does he?
5. Is there always a glimmer of hope, for the lost?
6. And why after decades of denials, God's ready to forgive all, and bring the lost in?
7. In order to understand these questions and the answers you must already be amongst the found.
8. Coming in after being in darkness takes time to find ones footing.
9. Oh and allah isn't anywhere near the God Abraham followed.
10. Oh and BP, that right there made it clear, you do not understand what, and whom, God be.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

glockmail
10-14-2009, 08:28 AM
"Does God exist?" Which god are you talking about? There have been so many throughout human history.

But let's keep it simple and assume we're speaking of the god of Abraham...Jehovah...Yaweh, and yes, Allah, since Islam is also one of the Abrahamic religions. Never in the history of human knowledge and science has such a supreme, immortal, omniscient, omnipotent being revealed itself to us or displayed any of the powers ascribed to it.

Always...and without exception...We have a "prophet" who speaks for this god. If this god is omnipotent, as we have been told, it can speak. If it cannot do so then the claims of omnipotence for this being are false. We have been told by these "prophets" that god will only speak to the select...the chosen...the worthy.

Should we then accept a deity which is too powerless to speak or too devious or skeptical to do so? In either case the claims of omniscience and omnipotence are put to rest. Or perhaps a god which will only accept those which blindly swallow the faith set forth by a "prophet" supported by nothing more than the claims of said prophet that this god exists, absent any objective, independently verifiable proof? Yet we have done so, and continue to do so. And in doing so we have ceded tremendous powers to those who claim to speak for god...even the power of life and death even if it conflicts with the will of god as laid out by one or another of its prophets.

Given the utter absence of any objective and independently verifiable proof of the existence of a god, any god, It would be safe to assume that no such being exists.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Journalists-Personal-Investigation/dp/0310209307

bullypulpit
10-14-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Christ-Journalists-Personal-Investigation/dp/0310209307

A journalist questioning others about their subjective experiences and opinions, which proves what, exactly?