PDA

View Full Version : Trans-Texas Corridor...DEAD!!!

theHawk
10-06-2009, 03:45 PM
FINALLY!!! Victory to the grassroots movement to stop the TTC!! After years of being ignored, the assholes at the department of transportation in the end couldn't stop the will of the people. We were not going to let the government take land illegally, tax us, toll us, sell us out to a foreign country, and unsecure our borders. :cheers2:

AUSTIN — State transportation officials, who earlier this year declared the Trans-Texas Corridor dead at least in name, plan to stick a fork in the lingering Interstate 35 section of the project on Wednesday.

Texas Department of Transportation officials said that in response to comments from citizens during the environmental review of Trans-Texas Corridor-35, the agency would end efforts to develop it “through the Trans-Texas Corridor concept.”

The highway was envisioned as a congestion-relieving parallel to I-35 between the Dallas-Fort Worth area and San Antonio.

GOP Gov. Rick Perry had championed the Trans-Texas Corridor, an ambitious highway network proposal that included public-private partnerships and tollways. It was meant to address a state highway system whose revenues aren't keeping up with the need.

An outcry from landowners and others, however, prompted the transportation agency this year to say it would scale back the network concept and drop the name. The I-35 proposal was a lingering project.

As part of the decision, the Associated Press reported, a development contract with Spain-based Cintra and Zachry Construction Corp. of San Antonio was being terminated. A Zachry spokeswoman didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Agency officials said they will detail the “path forward” on Wednesday. The agency is overseen by the Perry-appointed Texas Transportation Commission.

The move comes on the heels of the Texas Farm Bureau's decision to endorse U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison over Perry in the race for the GOP nod for governor. The Trans-Texas Corridor is a key issue on which Perry split with the bureau.

The transportation department emphasized the reason for the original Trans-Texas Corridor concept in a statement today.

“Interstate 35 has long been recognized as one of the state's most congested highways, delaying travel for motorists and freight. The TTC concept was introduced in 2001 as a strategy to address congestion,” it said

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Texas_pulls_the_plug_on_Interstate_35_project.html

A victory for Texans, a victory for America, and defeat for the biggest putz RINO Perry!

:dance:

Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out Perry!
:flameth::scared:

chesswarsnow
10-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I never liked the idea of having another country build our infrastructure.
2. Then charge us to use it.
3. No thanks.
4. Glad this turkey died.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Binky
10-07-2009, 12:53 PM
FINALLY!!! Victory to the grassroots movement to stop the TTC!! After years of being ignored, the assholes at the department of transportation in the end couldn't stop the will of the people. We were not going to let the government take land illegally, tax us, toll us, sell us out to a foreign country, and unsecure our borders. :cheers2:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Texas_pulls_the_plug_on_Interstate_35_project.html

A victory for Texans, a victory for America, and defeat for the biggest putz RINO Perry!

:dance:

Don't let the door hit you on your ass on the way out Perry!
:flameth::scared:

I'm glad that one died on the vine. Now, isn't there suppose to be one called the Amermexca Highway, or something to that effect, that will run all way from Mexico up to Canada and over to the east coast? The powers that be wanted to make it easier for truckers to get thru the country via as quickly as possible. I haven't heard anything about that one in a long time.....are the plans for it still in effect?

Jeff
10-07-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm glad that one died on the vine. Now, isn't there suppose to be one called the Amermexca Highway, or something to that effect, that will run all way from Mexico up to Canada and over to the east coast? The powers that be wanted to make it easier for truckers to get thru the country via as quickly as possible. I haven't heard anything about that one in a long time.....are the plans for it still in effect?

Binky I hadn't heard of that one at all, but I will have to check it out

theHawk
10-07-2009, 05:30 PM

That was the TTC. Dead ....for now. But don't be surprised if "the powers that be" try it again.

Binky
10-07-2009, 06:22 PM
That was the TTC. Dead ....for now. But don't be surprised if "the powers that be" try it again.

Ok. Just wondering. I thought it was to run all the way up to Can. border with a shoot off towards the east coast.... Sort of like a Y.

trobinett
10-10-2009, 11:17 AM
I believe what your referring to is the Trans-American Hi-way. It is suppose to run from Alaska through Canada, and the United States, all the way through South America, ending in Argentina.

Right now its stuck in the mud in Central America, and has been for some years.

hjmick
10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I like Kay, not as much as I liked Richards, but I like her. I think she'd do well as Governor.