PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raiser

jimnyc
10-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I just found out that this domain expires in 3 months and want to stay on the ball and extend the domain before it dies! Also, fees are due for hosting and I spent my last 800 pennies on a pack of smokes! LOL

If you can assist, please click the Paypal logo at the bottom of the forum. Every little bit helps and is always highly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jim

crin63
10-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Donation inbound!!!

jimnyc
10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I wanted to update and thank personally both crin63 and MtnBiker. Their donations made it possible to pay the monthly fees last week. Hopefully in the near future these "donation" threads can be a thing of the past, but for now it's nice to know that the community itself is willing to donate monthly to keep our home intact.

jimnyc
10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Just getting a head start this time as I know the fees are right around the corner for this month, and I already know that I'm broke! :)

If you can even spare just a few dollars to support the board it would be highly appreciated. Again, even if you hate me, or if you hate conservatives, or hate liberals, we all share the community together and we all benefit from having a place to have our discussions.

Thanks!

CSM
11-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Just getting a head start this time as I know the fees are right around the corner for this month, and I already know that I'm broke! :)

If you can even spare just a few dollars to support the board it would be highly appreciated. Again, even if you hate me, or if you hate conservatives, or hate liberals, we all share the community together and we all benefit from having a place to have our discussions.

Thanks!

how is this going?

jimnyc
11-02-2009, 05:11 PM
how is this going?

Zero thus far - but that IS NOT my way of asking you to donate! You have donated previously - and I truly wish others who have donated would step up to the plate rather than have the same people donating over and over.

jimnyc
11-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Someone was kind enough to make a donation this evening. I don't recognize the name, and the email used to make payment doesn't correspond to any registered users.

Can whoever made the donation please shoot me a PM for confirmation?

Thanks!

jimnyc
11-07-2009, 01:12 PM
First off, I wanted to thank Noir for his recent contribution to the board!

Additionally, we have an opportunity coming up to move to the latest technology offered from vBulletin. They are forever upgrading and are about to release version 4.0. This release offers MUCH more to the community and performance is one of the best parts about it. But you can read about all the new features here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/

Not right away, but eventually they do away with earlier versions and stop offering support and renewal of licenses. So it's not mandatory to upgrade, but you're basically screwed if you don't!

This upgrade won't come cheap. The entire suite with all the new goodies will run $235 for a license. A simple license for just the forum will be $195. I believe the main difference is that the suite comes with a built in CMS, blogs & widgets. The suite would give an entirely new look to the forum. Just the forum upgrade will give it better performance and options, but no CMS. To see vB 4.0 in operation, visit their official forums. Theirs is very generic on purpose, but you can see all the new functionality for the forums in action.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

A printscreen of the message I get when I login to vB to view my license details:

http://i33.tinypic.com/2sbvo91.jpg

Needless to say, any contributions to the board will now go towards this new software. This appears to be there best release yet and I think you guys will all like it after you give it a test ride.

Thanks!

jimnyc
11-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Got my usual email from my webhost that fees are due in a few days (1st of December). Chloe was more than kind enough to donate over the past weekend, but a few more dollars is still needed to cover all the fees. If anyone can donate this month, I would be very "Thankful". :)

crin63
11-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Hows this going Jim?

jimnyc
11-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Hows this going Jim?

Not too well :(

But please, don't you donate! You've done so more than your share already!

crin63
11-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Not too well :(

But please, don't you donate! You've done so more than your share already!

Okay, let me know if I can be of help.

jimnyc
01-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Fees are once again due the day after tomorrow. If anyone can help me offset some of the fees I would be extremely grateful. I make payment to my webhost provider via Paypal, and below is a screenshot of my up to date account, leaving me $25 shy! Just don't want anyone thinking I am lying.

Also, to verify what my exact payment is, you can visit my providers page here:
http://www.jaguarpc.com/vps-hosting/

We are on the "VPS Two" package which shows the cost as $34.97, but I am grandfathered in at the old rate of $29.97.

The Paypal donate button is located at the very bottom of the board, and is visible on every page of the forum.

If you cannot donate, you can send me hate mail via the feedback form link at the bottom of the board as well. Been getting a few anonymous emails lately and they cheer me up! LOL

http://i47.tinypic.com/2004v7t.jpg