PDA

View Full Version : Backdoor insurance for illegals

red states rule
10-07-2009, 06:03 AM
Dems now trust illegals NOT to take their free Obamacare?

And Dems do not want to know if illegals take Obamacare - they do want us to pay for it on their behalf

Backdoor insurance for illegals
Obama needs to show he meant what he said

When President Obama addressed Congress last month he made a promise. "There are also those who claim that our [health care] reform effort will insure illegal immigrants. This, too, is false - the reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally." Rep. Joe Wilson, South Carolina Republican, yelled, "You lie," which made that section of the president's speech a part of every newscast.

Illegal immigrants technically are not covered in the bill. However, the health care bill that the Senate Finance Committee likely will pass today does not contain any mechanism to keep illegals from receiving benefits. On a party-line vote, Democrats on the Senate Finance Committee rejected a proposed requirement that would require immigrants to prove their identity. Imagine Congress passing age restrictions on alcohol and not requiring merchants to check IDs. Such a law could be described in a word: toothless.

Democrats seem to think we can trust illegal immigrants not to abuse the system. As Sen. Jeff Bingaman, New Mexico Democrat, put it: "The way I see the amendment, it's a solution without a problem." Expecting those who enter the United States by breaking immigration laws to respect the medical ones could be described in another word: naive.

Mr. Bingamen's claim that there is no problem is, in Mr. Obama's terminology, "false." Illegal immigrants already receive federal medical benefits, according to the Congressional Research Service, some of them illegally. Indeed, illegals do lie to get health benefits, and we don't do much to catch them.

In response to a question from Sen. Charles E. Grassley, Iowa Republican, the Democrat-controlled Congressional Budget Office acknowledged that illegals are receiving government paid health care. Unfortunately, the CBO protected Democrats and refused to make an estimate of how many illegals would get benefits under the health care bill.

If Mr. Wilson was wrong when he said "You lie," now would be a good time for Mr. Obama to tell Democrats that he really meant no benefits for illegal immigrants.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/07/backdoor-insurance-for-illegals/

Binky
10-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Yep, I'd say now would be a great time for BO to step up and really make it emphatic that they will not be covered. Hmmmm, somehow, I don't think that's going to happen. We'll be paying for it.....

red states rule
10-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Yep, I'd say now would be a great time for BO to step up and really make it emphatic that they will not be covered. Hmmmm, somehow, I don't think that's going to happen. We'll be paying for it.....

Of copurse not. Obama will need their votes in 2012. By that time he would have made them legal, gave them handouts from the government, and had ACORN register them to vote - and vote straight Dem ticket

All while we are paying the tab for all the freebies and handouts

That is what liberalism is all about Binky

CSM
10-09-2009, 06:31 AM
"Naive" is not the word..."stupid" comes to mind though.

red states rule
10-09-2009, 06:40 AM
"Naive" is not the word..."stupid" comes to mind though.

Pres Reagan gave a pass to 9 million illegals and now we have about 20 million more illegals in the country

Rewarding bad behavior will not get you good behaviour

But in this case it will get Dems want the really want - the votes of the illegals in the next election

CSM
10-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Well one can hope that our horrible economy will result in fewer illegals. Maybe their relatives will start sending money here instead of receiving it.

red states rule
10-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Well one can hope that our horrible economy will result in fewer illegals. Maybe their relatives will start sending money here instead of receiving it.

I am shocked the reason the ICO did not award the games to the US is not working on solving the illegal probelm

Obama has spent 3 years telling the world what a lousy place Amercia is. He has went on several world apology tours saying how sorry he is for America. He says how other nations do not like America

So why in hell would anyone want to come here?

But you are corre4ct, Obama's economic policies may serve as a deterent for anyone to come to the US legal or not

CSM
10-09-2009, 06:55 AM
I am shocked the reason the ICO did not award the games to the US is not working on solving the illegal probelm

Obama has spent 3 years telling the world what a lousy place Amercia is. He has went on several world apology tours saying how sorry he is for America. He says how other nations do not like America

So why in hell would anyone want to come here?

But you are corre4ct, Obama's economic policies may serve as a deterent for anyone to come to the US legal or not

:coffee: And if the US had solved the illegal problem then the ICO would have awarded the games to Somalia because the US was too harsh of foreigners. Lets face it, the games were not coming here no matter what (despite Obama's apologies for everything evil in the world).

red states rule
10-09-2009, 06:57 AM
:coffee: And if the US had solved the illegal problem then the ICO would have awarded the games to Somalia because the US was too harsh of foreigners. Lets face it, the games were not coming here no matter what (despite Obama's apologies for everything evil in the world).

and the people in Chicago could not be happier. No politcal payoff, bribes, and the "families" in CHicago lost out on a ton of cash

Obama's ego was deflated for a moment, and Michelle can think about how she made a sacrifice in vain to help the peasants