PDA

View Full Version : What Is "Liberalism" ???

HogTrash
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
FACT...Liberalism did not just happen and neither did Political Correctness.

They were planned and instituted as a strategy of war to destroy America.

It is the classic battle of the democratic constitutional republic vs marxism.

Cultural Marxism—or Liberalism?

Paul Weyrich's 1999 letter on cultural separation provides material for reflection on how best to describe the present dominant ideology. Weyrich calls it Political Correctness or (his preferred term) Cultural Marxism, an "alien ideology" that has gained control of America and aims openly at destroying its traditional culture. But then he says, in response to the moral catastrophe of the Clinton years, that "we have to face some unpleasant facts. I no longer believe that there is a moral majority. I do not believe that a majority of Americans actually shares our values."

But this raises the question, if a majority of Americans go along with this "alien ideology" (and not just go along with it, but take it so profoundly for granted that it becomes impossible for anyone to criticize it), can it really be so alien? Is it really an alien belief system coming from Herbert Marcuse and the Frankfurt School that Americans have signed on to? Or is it not, rather, our own American liberal belief system which has grown ever more radical and extreme?

This returns us to a point I've made before. I think Jim Kalb's way of describing the dominant culture as "liberalism," rather than as leftism or political correctness, is more accurate. Also it's more hopeful. If it's a radical or alien ideology that has so totally taken over our minds that no one even dreams of opposing it, then we must be entire zombies to have let that happen, and there wouldn't seem much hope of our fixing things. But if it's our own, American liberalism manifesting its own radical potentialities, then we can do something about it, because the problem is in ourselves. We have made some fundamentally wrong assumptions that have led inevitably to our current crisis, and we can go back and get things right.

The difference between calling the problem Cultural Marxism derived from the Frankfurt School and calling the problem liberalism is roughly analogous to the difference between saying: "The Masons (or the Jews) have worked this vast conspiracy for centuries to undermine the Church and Civilization (in which case what the heck do we do about it), and saying: "We have done this to ourselves and we must repent." The first view leads to endless paranoid gripes and conspiracy mongering. The second can lead to a cure.

Years ago I spent some time with traditionalist Catholics from a New York City parish and everything wrong with the world they atttributed to the Masons. I told them, I have no idea who the Masons are, I've never seen a Mason. If the Masons are the source of the trouble, what do we do about that? These arguments got nowhere with them. It was the Masons. That was that.

So the question is: Is there some particular alien thing that we can nuke and then everything will be OK, or is it something more basic that is a problem within us?

Here is the excerpt from Paul Weyrich's 1999 letter on cultural separation that set these thoughts going:

But it is impossible to ignore the fact that the United States is becoming an ideological state. The ideology of Political Correctness, which openly calls for the destruction of our traditional culture, has so gripped the body politic, has so gripped our institutions, that it is even affecting the Church. It has completely taken over the academic community. It is now pervasive in the entertainment industry, and it threatens to control literally every aspect of our lives.

Those who came up with Political Correctness, which we more accurately call "Cultural Marxism," did so in a deliberate fashion. I'm not going to go into the whole history of the Frankfurt School and Herbert Marcuse and the other people responsible for this. Suffice it to say that the United States is very close to becoming a state totally dominated by an alien ideology, an ideology bitterly hostile to Western culture. Even now, for the first time in their lives, people have to be afraid of what they say.

This has never been true in the history of our country. Yet today, if you say the "wrong thing," you suddenly have legal problems, political problems, you might even lose your job or be expelled from college.

Certain topics are forbidden. You can't approach the truth about a lot of different subjects. If you do, you are immediately branded as "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", "insensitive", or "judgmental."

Cultural Marxism is succeeding in its war against our culture. The question becomes, if we are unable to escape the cultural disintegration that is gripping society, then what hope can we have? Let me be perfectly frank about it. If there really were a moral majority out there, Bill Clinton would have been driven out of office months ago. It is not only the lack of political will on the part of Republicans, although that is part of the problem. More powerful is the fact that what Americans would have found absolutely intolerable only a few years ago, a majority now not only tolerates but celebrates. Americans have adopted, in large measure, the MTV culture that we so valiantly opposed just a few years ago, and it has permeated the thinking of all but those who have separated themselves from the contemporary culture.

If in Washington State and Colorado, after we have spent years talking about partial birth abortion, we can't by referendum pass a ban on it, we have to face some unpleasant facts. I no longer believe that there is a moral majority. I do not believe that a majority of Americans actually shares our values.
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/001129.html

HogTrash
10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Have you ever heard of the Frankfurt School ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh2DdJLycPM&NR=1

HogTrash
10-07-2009, 09:23 AM
The link to the entire article is below...

About the Frankfurt School
Dr. Gerald L. Atkinson CDR USN (Ret.)
Copyright August 1999

Who in America today is at work destroying our traditions, our family bonds, our religious beginnings, our reinforcing institutions, indeed, our entire culture? What is it that is changing our American civilization?

Suppose you were to learn that nearly all of the observations made in this series of essays are completely consistent with a 'design' -- that is a concept, a way of thinking, and a process for bringing it about. And suppose one could identify a small core group of people who designed just such a concept and thought through the process of infusing it into a culture. Wouldn't you be interested in at least learning about such a core group? Wouldn't you want to know who they were, what they thought, and how they conjured up a process for bringing their thoughts into action? For Americans with even a smidgeon of curiosity, the answer should be a resounding yes!

Just such a core group did, indeed, exist. History identifies a small group of German intellectuals who devised concepts, processes, and action plans which conform very closely to what Americans presently observe every day in their culture. Observations, such as those made in this series of essays, can be directly traced to the work of this core group of intellectuals. They were members of the Frankfurt School, formed in Germany in 1923. They were the forebears of what some proclaim as 'cultural Marxism,' a radical social movement that has transformed American culture. It is more commonly known today as 'political correctness.'

Everyone should read the entire article...Everyone!
http://frankfurtschool.us/history.htm

HogTrash
10-07-2009, 09:34 AM
If you consider yourself a liberal you should rethink everthing your social and political belief system is built upon.

It has all been one big lie...You have been manipulated, indoctrinated and are a marxist tool to destroy America.

Binky
10-07-2009, 04:41 PM
If you consider yourself a liberal you should rethink everthing your social and political belief system is built upon.

It has all been one big lie...You have been manipulated, indoctrinated and are a marxist tool to destroy America.

Hey Hog. You know, for decades now, I've felt, if you will, that there was some sort of movement in America, under the radar, to destroy her and all she stands for. I've even heard of that Frankfort school, but for some reason, over the years, I have forgotten about it. That is, until now. I've known that there were radical foreigners that crept into America, ions ago. It's been obvious, when you take a look at all the foreign professors in our major colleges over the decades. It has bothered me all these years, that those professors, many, but not all, have stood in front of their students, pushing their idealogies down their throats and trying to brainwash them to believe whatever it is they are telling them. And along with certain historians, have been known to "rewrite" history or change the mindset saying such and such never happened.

I remember asking someone, a few years ago, how this political correctness stuff began. That person didn't know. And at the time, I couldn't help thinking that when the powers that be want to "reprogram" the people, they start dropping a word, a phrase, an idea, whatever, at the public, and keep ramming it home until it one day becomes the norm...

I'll say one thing for this radical group of individuals, they have done what they've set out to do. They have indoctrinated enough youth to spread their hate, tearing down America and her belief system and everything else she stands for........And they aren't finished yet.....