PDA

View Full Version : ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY because our oath is to The Constitution

crin63
10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I was introduced to this organization yesterday by a new friend and I thought some of you may be interested. Its goal is focused on Military, Law Enforcement and the like but allows civilians to join as well.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

Our motto is "Not on our watch!"

OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

To read the full version of this oath: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/

Nukeman
10-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I was introduced to this organization yesterday by a new friend and I thought some of you may be interested. Its goal is focused on Military, Law Enforcement and the like but allows civilians to join as well.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

To read the full version of this oath: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2009/03/03/declaration-of-orders-we-will-not-obey/

Uh oh, your now on a list!!!!!!!!!!!!:coffee:

crin63
10-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Uh oh, your now on a list!!!!!!!!!!!!:coffee:

I always new I would end up on a list, lol!!!

maineman
10-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Most of those are quite reasonable.

#4 bothers me a bit. The constitution certainly provides justification to suspend habeas corpus which is the essence of martial law. There could very well be situations that arise where such a suspension is perfectly constitutional.

#5 Wasn't that what happened in the Civil War?

#6 the line about turning them into concentration camps is a smoke screen... I can easily imagine situations that might arise regarding public health that might require quarantining cities.

SassyLady
10-08-2009, 01:49 PM
It's OK MM - this is why they are listed for all too see.

Some will understand the purpose and some won't; some will take the oath and some won't.

Isn't it great that we live in a country that allows one to make that decision.

For me, I think it is sad that one has to join a group and take an oath in order to hold themselves accountable to do the right thing when the right thing needs to be done.

crin63
10-08-2009, 02:22 PM
It's OK MM - this is why they are listed for all too see.

Some will understand the purpose and some won't; some will take the oath and some won't.

Isn't it great that we live in a country that allows one to make that decision.

For me, I think it is sad that one has to join a group and take an oath in order to hold themselves accountable to do the right thing when the right thing needs to be done.

I think, more than to hold oneself accountable, its to find like minded people.

HogTrash
10-28-2009, 03:44 PM
This is news to me...Good news because this has been a major concern of mine for a very long time.

I have often wondered if the US military would follow orders to take action against American citizens or enforce Martial Law.

I have also wondered if state and local police would enforce unconstitutional laws to confiscate guns or suppress free speech, protests and meetings.

I would like to know how strong their numbers are and how wide-spread their support is nationaly...A movement like this could disrupt the plans of the globalist elites.

The Republic Of United States Of America is the last stronghold of freedom against the forces of evil, marxism and oppression in the world...When we fall, so goes the world.

Monkeybone
10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
I can understand what MM is saying and what the list is saying. It is all situational.

crin63
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Look I realize that some of the fears people have seem somewhat irrational but then who would have ever thought we would have a Marxist president who seems bent on destroying America as we know it.

There are people who are afraid that the Obama administration will use something like the H1N1 Virus to declare martial law nationwide, then act much like they did after Katrina, disarming and rounding up people under the guise of an emergency. We already see that this president has an enemy list (ie Foxnews, Rush, Beck...) and is trying to shut down any opposition through regulations. What's next if that doesn't work, force?

Personally I have no problem with state sovereignty, thats how it should be. What it means is that if say Arizona doesn't want to participate in a nationwide imposition of martial law that folks from other states wont force them into that situation. Its promise to protect your neighbor, not invade your neighbor.

gabosaurus
10-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Crin, are you aware that the Bush administration detain numerous American citizens as "enemy combatants" and held them without trials for years?
They also conducted warrant-less searches, extradited the detainees outside the U.S. and placed them in detention camps.
Not to mention confiscating their property.
The Bushies also invaded and subjugated a state that had asserted its sovereignty.

Your "oath" sounds more than a bit hypocritical to me.

Joyful HoneyBee
10-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Crin, are you aware that the Bush administration detain numerous American citizens as "enemy combatants" and held them without trials for years?
They also conducted warrant-less searches, extradited the detainees outside the U.S. and placed them in detention camps.
Not to mention confiscating their property.
The Bushies also invaded and subjugated a state that had asserted its sovereignty.

Your "oath" sounds more than a bit hypocritical to me.

All the more reason that we cannot allow the current or future administrations continue to bastardize our Constitution with tools like the patriot act and by imposing the most extraordinarily malicious attack on liberty ever conceived "The Health Care Reform Act".

As for Crin's oath....the oath that is the subject of this thread belongs to an organization comprised of law enforcement and military personnel who have taken an oath to protect the American public by only upholding those orders that are not a violation of our Constitution. I am proud of these brave men and women for their willingness to choose to perform only that which is right, as opposed to blindly following orders of leaders who may not always have our best interest at heart.

Throughout my lifetime I have become increasingly dismayed as I have watched each successive administration cross line after line that encroaches on our liberty. Laws and regulations have been adopted that have set us up for this current economic, social and political climate. A house of cards was assembled and last autumn it collapsed directly on the backs of the hardworking American taxpayers.

I recall that when I read "1984" in high school for my Sociology class I wrote in my book report that I could see how this sort of thing could happen, even in America; and, that people wouldn't realize that they had been raped and robbed of their liberty and dignity until, in retrospect, they looked back over how they had allowed it to happen by trusting their government too much. I have NO trust in the government to make my choices and decisions for me. That was NEVER the intended role of the government from its inception. We all have an obligation, just as the Oathkeepers, to be watchful and mindful of the fact that we may be only a few pen strokes away from relinquishing our liberty, thus becoming drones of the state, monitored by the thought police. At least we can know it won't be one of the Oathkeepers, eh.....

bullypulpit
11-12-2009, 05:23 AM

Where and when have such orders been issued, and by whom?

Ya really should get a new avatar too. Your posts show that you have no grasp or understanding at all of what Marxism is or what Stalin did. It's just more mindless right wing-nut sloganeering favored by you and your fellow travelers.