PDA

View Full Version : Health Insurance = Health Care

MtnBiker
10-08-2009, 05:21 PM
So, does health insurance = health care?

In other words, if a person has health insurance does that also mean they have quality health care without problems?

crin63
10-08-2009, 05:42 PM

In other words, if a person has health insurance does that also mean they have quality health care without problems?

No, not at all. I've seen several people receive poor treatment even though they have insurance.

Kathianne
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM

You know, my feelings are we as a country need to be getting back to taking care of ourselves, period. Safety net? Let's call it 'catastrophic coverage.' What used to be called, not so many years ago, hospitalization insurance.

Difference you may ask? Pay for your flu shots, physicals, and immunizations. Pay for the mammograms and prostate exams. If the docs don't need to file forms, costs will come down. If costs didn't, well we wouldn't need the docs in great numbers.

Mr. P
10-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Yes and No..I just happened to go to the Dr. today. No insurance but great care....it just cost me $240. plus $16 for scripts (at target) and I refused to fill another that was $77. All outta my pocket...if I had insurance maybe I would have payed 1/4 of that?...but the care was great even without. On the other hand if my pocket is empty????

chesswarsnow
10-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Having insurance doesn't mean you are protected.
2. It means you do have something, but it may not be enough to really help.
3. Here's what should make you think, RSR just had a confrontation with cancer, he had insurance, but, he ended up having to dig into his pocket and shell out 12k, as he has claimed.
4. I think thats appualing, he had insurance, and still it was his money or his life.
5. Bottom line is, they took his money, ontop of whatever the insurance would shell out.
6. I just couldn't live with my self, if I was in an industry that sponsored that kind in immorality.
7. Its off the hook, unfair.
8. There's others right here on this site, who's father got real sick at the end of his long life, and his estate paid out over 700k for medical bills at his end.
9. That is a crime against humaity, old man dies and bequives all his worldly goods to some medical industry.
10. Makes me sick just thinking about it.
11. This is the other side of the story, perhaps, you never gave much thought too.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry bout that,

Yes and No..I just happened to go to the Dr. today. No insurance but great care....it just cost me $240. plus $16 for scripts (at target) and I refused to fill another that was $77. All outta my pocket...if I had insurance maybe I would have payed 1/4 of that?...but the care was great even without. On the other hand if my pocket is empty????

1. You didn't go to a hospital for that kinda small cash.
2. If you had, you better be ready to shell out somewhere around 15k a day, actually, depemds on whats wrong with you, it could be far more, maybe 50k a day.
3. I personnally know of people who went and had a growth removed, a day or two in the hospital, costed 200k, with no insurance.
4. Ofcourse they had that and to spare.
5. Still they were ripped off.
6. But its your money or your life healthcare system we presently have.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
10-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You didn't go to a hospital for that kinda small cash.
2. If you had, you better be ready to shell out somewhere around 15k a day, actually, depemds on whats wrong with you, it could be far more, maybe 50k a day.
3. I personnally know of people who went and had a growth removed, a day or two in the hospital, costed 200k, with no insurance.
4. Ofcourse they had that and to spare.
5. Still they were ripped off.
6. But its your money or your life healthcare system we presently have.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I know, I know..you think health care should be free.

chesswarsnow
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

I know, I know..you think health care should be free.

1. I hope you don't have a long lingering illness.
2. Where if you owned anything, its gone!
3. It could happen, nowdays.
4. Its happening right now to someone.
5. Welcome to the American nightmare, if it does.
6. Unless you're piss poor, then you got nothing to worry about.
7. Can't get blood from a turnup.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chloe
10-09-2009, 09:29 AM

no it just means that supposedly most of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance instead of you.

MtnBiker
10-09-2009, 12:17 PM
no it just means that supposedly most of the medical costs will be covered by the insurance instead of you.

The key word there is "supposedly".

MtnBiker
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
By the way, what exactly is health care insurance?

Kathianne
10-15-2009, 03:58 PM
By the way, what exactly is health care insurance?

Good question. I'm wondering why if this coverage is so important, why not just provide for 'catastrophic' insurance, long ago known as 'hospitalization?' it seems to me that it would cut down on high rates from docs for everyday matters.

MtnBiker
10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Good question. I'm wondering why if this coverage is so important, why not just provide for 'catastrophic' insurance, long ago known as 'hospitalization?' it seems to me that it would cut down on high rates from docs for everyday matters.

Agreed, one does not use their auto insurance to pay for an oil change.