PDA

View Full Version : Religious Freedom in USA ?

chloe
10-08-2009, 07:24 PM
What exactly does Religious Freedom Rights cover? You can't be a polygamist even if your religion believes it has a spiritual purpose, you can't smoke hallucinagenics unless your on an indian reservation still not sure if other religions can, you can't decline doctors or vaccines, you can't pray in school, so what is the religious freedom right you have by law ? is it just that your allowed to have a belief of whatever religion you want? Is that what is boils down to?

CSM
10-09-2009, 06:44 AM
While the Constitution is supposed to gaurantee freedom of religion, it has been perverted to freedom FROM religion. Two very, very different things.

This nation has gone from a moral and principled country to an immoral and unprincipled collection of idiots. That's what happens when you rely on government instead of religion to provide a foundation for human interaction.

chloe
10-09-2009, 09:25 AM
While the Constitution is supposed to gaurantee freedom of religion, it has been perverted to freedom FROM religion. Two very, very different things.

This nation has gone from a moral and principled country to an immoral and unprincipled collection of idiots. That's what happens when you rely on government instead of religion to provide a foundation for human interaction.

I do think the country has gone downhill morally, but I really think its very confusing to say we have freedom of religion, but then we really don't. What we have is freedom to believe what a religion of our own choice teaches, but depending on the religion we are limited by government in practicing that belief. No prayer in school or work, as just one example. The reason given is seperation of church & state. Also if a teenager wants an abortion the government will allow it in some states even if its against the parents religion & wishes, yet if a teenager declines vaccines or a doctor based on religion beliefs to choose prayer the government forces medicine based on health organization regulations to not spread disease. So its ok to kill a baby behind your parents back, but not ok to pray when your sick instead of see a doctor. I guess the government decides what religion choice is ok and what isn't and there is no real freedom.

CSM
10-09-2009, 09:36 AM
I do think the country has gone downhill morally, but I really think its very confusing to say we have freedom of religion, but then we really don't. What we have is freedom to believe what a religion of our own choice teaches, but depending on the religion we are limited by government in practicing that belief. No prayer in school or work, as just one example. The reason given is seperation of church & state. Also if a teenager wants an abortion the government will allow it in some states even if its against the parents religion & wishes, yet if a teenager declines vaccines or a doctor based on religion beliefs to choose prayer the government forces medicine based on health organization regulations to not spread disease. So its ok to kill a baby behind your parents back, but not ok to pray when your sick instead of see a doctor. I guess the government decides what religion choice is ok and what isn't and there is no real freedom.

That about sums it up. Too bad there isn't a "New World" to go to where we can escape such thinking.