PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, gun nuts!

gabosaurus
04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Today is yet another victory for the unrestricted and unfiltered right to own a gun! Preferably an assault rifle or other automatic weapon.
Yes, I know. Guns do not kill people. People who can buy guns whenever and however they want kill people. Again and again.
So let's party down and celebrate the American right to commit mass murders! :cheers2:

04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Today is yet another victory for the unrestricted and unfiltered right to own a gun! Preferably an assault rifle or other automatic weapon.
Yes, I know. Guns do not kill people. People who can buy guns whenever and however they want kill people. Again and again.
So let's party down and celebrate the American right to commit mass murders! :cheers2:

The fact that you libs are trying to politicize that tragedy today is sickening.

gabosaurus
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
You love it. You know you do. :dance:

Gunny
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM

Oh yeah, like gun control would have stopped this from happening. What it stopped is one of those students pulling out a .45 and ending the killing spree at 3-ro-4.

Do you really think a criminal who sets out to commit mass murder is going to be stopped by making firearms unavailable to honest, law-abiding citizens? If you do, I've got some swampland in El Paso for sale ......

Gunny
04-16-2007, 01:33 PM
You love it. You know you do. :dance:

No, you've actually stepped across the line from usually tasteless to complete lack of class.

GW in Ohio
04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
The fact that you libs are trying to politicize that tragedy today is sickening.

Yeah, you're goddamned right we're politicizing it.

We have made it way to easy for any asshole with a grudge against life to get his hands on some guns and go on a killing rampage.

It's way too easy to get guns in this country because you right-wingnuts think you have to have them. I'm not talking about hunting rifles and shotguns; I'm talking about assault rifles and semiautomatic weapons.

04-16-2007, 01:42 PM

We have made it way to easy for any asshole with a grudge against life to get his hands on some guns and go on a killing rampage.

It's way too easy to get guns in this country because you right-wingnuts think you have to have them. I'm not talking about hunting rifles and shotguns; I'm talking about assault rifles and semiautomatic weapons.

No its easy to get guns because the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms. And it should be easy to provide people means of defending themselves.

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 01:44 PM

How easy is it, GW in Ohio?

GW in Ohio
04-16-2007, 01:48 PM
How easy is it, GW in Ohio?

In a number of states any asshole with a driver's license and the necessary cash can get a gun.

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
In a number of states any asshole with a driver's license and the necessary cash can get a gun.
You obviously don't know what you're talking about if you believe that's all it takes in any state.

04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
You obviously don't know what you're talking about if you believe that's all it takes in any state.

If he knew what he was talking about, he would be supporting the Constitution.

GW in Ohio
04-16-2007, 01:59 PM

Okay. Then why don't we go back to my original comment:

We've made it way too easy for any asshole with a grudge against life to get his hands on guns and go on a killing rampage.

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 02:00 PM
If he knew what he was talking about, he would be supporting the Constitution.

and supporting or modifying the existing criminal laws, instead of wanting rights taken away. Knee Jerk reaction, typical when this stuff happens. I'm sure we see more of it this week. And spin, the media will have a field day over this.

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 02:01 PM

We've made it way too easy for any asshole with a grudge against life to get his hands on guns and go on a killing rampage.

How? How have we made it easy?

04-16-2007, 02:03 PM

No we've made it impossible for civilians to defend themselves. Virginia Tech was a gun free zone.

GW in Ohio
04-16-2007, 02:14 PM
No we've made it impossible for civilians to defend themselves. Virginia Tech was a gun free zone.

Here is my take on this business...

We either have to make it next to impossible for anyone to own a gun,

or we have to make it possible for everyone to walk around carrying a gun.

I will agree with you that if the students in the dormitory or the classroom had been packing firearms, one of them might well have put this asshole down before his killing spree went very far.

But is that what we want....students coming to class with Smith & Wesson .38s on their hips?

04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
But is that what we want....students coming to class with Smith & Wesson .38s on their hips?

what exactly would be wrong with that?

theHawk
04-16-2007, 02:17 PM

Ooo, I know - lets make everyone take a test before they buy guns at a store or gunshow:

1) Are you an asshole with a grudge against life?
a)yes
b)no

Fuck, why didn't we think of this eariler?

Gunny
04-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Let me 'splain something to you, Lucy .....

That which makes an assault rifle a true assault rifle is NOT available in this country without an illegal modification to the firearm, or a Class III license.

I can take a Winchester Model 94, lever action .30-.30 and do every bit as much and probably more damage than you could with an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine. Give me a Remington Model 700 bolt action hunting rifle and I could easily produce 20 bodies.

I feel just as sure I could take a revolver and a few speedloaders and outdo you with a Glock and a couple of 15 rd mags.

It isn't the weapon. It's knowing what you're doing.

Blaming the tool for what the man does is misplacing the blame. If I kill 10 people with a baseball bat, you going to rail against H&B for making them too available to me?

GW in Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW in Ohio

I'm not sure. If we made it possible for everybody to carry a gun we would discourage incidents like this one.

But how many additional accidental shootings, or deliberate shootings would there be, if everyone had access to guns?

glockmail

It's way too easy to get guns in this country because you right-wingnuts think you have to have them. I'm not talking about hunting rifles and shotguns; I'm talking about assault rifles and semiautomatic weapons. The 2nd Ammendment of the Constitution is not about hunting; it's about defense.

glockmail
04-16-2007, 02:24 PM

But is that what we want....students coming to class with Smith & Wesson .38s on their hips? I'd prefer that a select few carry concealed.

theHawk
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM

Sound like the same question that perplexes most governments. The dictator types choose the former, our founding fathers choose the latter. I think our country has done pretty good compared to societies that chose gun control. If you don't like it, move to Europe.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 02:27 PM
Here is my take on this business...

I will agree with you that if the students in the dormitory or the classroom had been packing firearms, one of them might well have put this asshole down before his killing spree went very far.

Making it next to impossible for anyone to own guns is just handing criminals a gift. They'd LOVE to know the general citizenry who obeys the law is disarmed.

I don't think we want students to be walking into class with guns on their hips. This however, did not start in a classroom from waht i understand. It started in the dorm. That spells "castle" to me. IIRC, most college-age students aren't old enough to legally own a handgun to begin with. But a double-barrelled 12 guage behind the door would certainly make home a bit more cozy. And one barrel would have cut this idiot in half.

theHawk
04-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Blaming the tool for what the man does is misplacing the blame. If I kill 10 people with a baseball bat, you going to rail against H&B for making them too available to me?

Yup, God forbid we actually hold people accountable for their own actions. And don't dare try to anyalize what motivates people to mass murder others, just focus on who put the weapon in his hand and start spreading the idea that they instead are responsible. :lame2:

glockmail
04-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Why was this guy on a spree for over two damn hours? Where was campus security? Where were the police?

theHawk
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Why was this guy on a spree for over two damn hours? Where was campus security? Where were the police?

Thats what is really blowing my mind about this. There was an initial shooting and they didn't lock down the campus? Just goes to show you that you should never trust the government (local authorities or Feds) with your own life at risk.

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Yeah...but then you may have been there. It's a laid back peaceful campus.
I'd guess they were caught by total surprise, and never expected something like this.

04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Thats what is really blowing my mind about this. There was an initial shooting and they didn't lock down the campus? Just goes to show you that you should never trust the government (local authorities or Feds) with your own life at risk.

Actually they did lock down campus. But then they let down the lock down after they thought the threat was over, at which time the rest of the shootings occured.

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 02:47 PM
I'd guess they were caught by total surprise, and never expected something like this.

Campuses think they are immune. They love everyone in the world and no one would be evil enough to not recognize that.

theHawk
04-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Well, it was this same week in 1999 when some Darwinian extremists did their good work for evolution at Columbine.

04-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Well, it was this same week in 1999 when some Darwinian extremists did their good work for evolution at Columbine.

Dont think it is, but there is always a possibility that this is some sick copy cat...

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Campuses think they are immune. They love everyone in the world and no one would be evil enough to not recognize that.

Good point, and they did seem a tad liberal there at VT too.

glockmail
04-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Actually they did lock down campus. But then they let down the lock down after they thought the threat was over, at which time the rest of the shootings occured. What, they figgered the shooter evaporated? What kind of dummy doesn't understand that its not over until the guys got at least 50 holes in him. He was probably over at Walmart getting more ammo.

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Good point, and they did seem a tad liberal there at VT too.

I was trying to dodge the " L " word for conversation sake but I think you're right. They think America is just paranoid and we don't NEED to be keeping an eye out for things like this. It's better to have dead people than to infringe on anyones' "rights". Didn't this guy have a right to plan all this ?

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I was trying to dodge the " L " word for conversation sake but I think you're right. They think America is just paranoid and we don't NEED to be keeping an eye out for things like this. It's better to have dead people than to infringe on anyones' "rights". Didn't this guy have a right to plan all this ?

Yup! He did, but he's NOT responsible for it. All the law abiding gun owners are! You did note that was pretty much the first reaction buy a couple of our left-wingers. Not "Oh shit!" or "This is awful" but a "you shouldn't own guns" and "anyone can get one" (both are wrong) BS.

manu1959
04-16-2007, 03:18 PM

there is a law against these types of weapons as well as murder...didn't seem to slow this guy down....

gabosaurus
04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
The constitution was drafted over 300 years ago, when owning a gun was often necessary for personal safety in a country that was primarily wilderness.

At the present, gun nuts take this as a right to own machine guns and assault rifles. Some have dozens of them.
How easy is it to own a gun? In California, there are gun shows almost every week. If you have the money, you can buy a gun. Any kind of gun. Same with some pawn shops and small munitions places.

Let's face it. Gun nuts tacitly approve these mass murders. They believe ownership of any type of weapon should be legal. If you are hacked off, you can go buy an assault rifle (or a weapon that is easily converted) and go shoot as many people as you wish.

You can yell about "politicizing" all you want. Or the Constitution. Or your rights as an American citizen. Truth is, if you are in favor of open gun ownership, you are in favor of mass murder. You have zero right to express remorse for something you are not in favor of preventing.

Watch CNN. Watch them drag out the bodies. Look at the blood, the wounded and those scarred forever by this massacre. It is on your hands. Because people like you allow these things to happen.

04-16-2007, 03:21 PM
The constitution was drafted over 300 years ago, when owning a gun was often necessary for personal safety in a country that was primarily wilderness.

At the present, gun nuts take this as a right to own machine guns and assault rifles. Some have dozens of them.
How easy is it to own a gun? In California, there are gun shows almost every week. If you have the money, you can buy a gun. Any kind of gun. Same with some pawn shops and small munitions places.

Let's face it. Gun nuts tacitly approve these mass murders. They believe ownership of any type of weapon should be legal. If you are hacked off, you can go buy an assault rifle (or a weapon that is easily converted) and go shoot as many people as you wish.

You can yell about "politicizing" all you want. Or the Constitution. Or your rights as an American citizen. Truth is, if you are in favor of open gun ownership, you are in favor of mass murder. You have zero right to express remorse for something you are not in favor of preventing.

Watch CNN. Watch them drag out the bodies. Look at the blood, the wounded and those scarred forever by this massacre. It is on your hands. Because people like you allow these things to happen.

300 years huh? I must have taken a longer nap than i realized... and Gabs is still talking about the same stuff...

Gunny
04-16-2007, 03:21 PM

There's also the fact that even though they have yet to identify the shooter, odds are good he was a student. If he had not been identified, he could manage to make his way to the other side of the campus and just been considered another fleeing student. That's just speculation on my part of course.

What I most reacently read is he killed 31 and wounded 17 with a 9mm handgun and a .22 handgun. Which would go back to my point that if he is/was a student, he is more than likely not of age to own a handgun legally.

manu1959
04-16-2007, 03:25 PM
The constitution was drafted over 300 years ago....

over 300 years ago 2007 - 300 = 1707... so exactly which year prior to that was it written...

:laugh2:

Gunny
04-16-2007, 03:28 PM

What do YOU know? Not only are you way off on the age this Nation, but in the state in which you reside it is illegal to own either an assault weapon or whatever you're calling a "machinegun."

You would also be incorrect about how easy it is to obtain a firearm legally in CA, starting with the 10-or-15 day waiting period, background check, and registration. Criminals can buy one however on your streetcorner in the amount of time it takes to make the exchange of money for gun.

You are an idealistic fool if you think believeing in law-abiding citizens having the right to own guns is approving of mass murder. The mass murder occurred because ONLY THE F-ING CRIMINAL HAD A GUN.

Samantha
04-16-2007, 03:50 PM
.............But is that what we want....students coming to class with Smith & Wesson .38s on their hips?

There would be a hell of a lot more shootings if all the students walked around with guns.

I'd prefer that a select few carry concealed.How would you choose them?

theHawk
04-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Believe it or not, a lot of people still live out in the country. And the right was never about hunting animals in the wilderness.

Do you have any statistics that show the amount of legal gun owners verses the amount of owners that have gone on a murderous rampage?

And we can just as easily say that gun-control nuts approve of innocent people being robbed, raped, and murdered by thugs that will just get guns. Even "IF" we had your ideal utopian world where our borders magically evaporate weapons but allow illegal aliens cross the border, thugs would still be able to rob and murder people with knives. We'd live in a world where only the strong and able bodied people who can train with melee weapons would have a chance to survive. If you're frail or old or disabled, well, Darwin says you shouldn't exist anyway.
But hey, if you want to blame the U.S. Constitution for what happened today, go right on ahead. It just confirms the rest of us that you hate America.

OCA
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Yep, which is why i've called for a standardized mental evaluation for every American upon turning 18. If you pas this test you move on, if not you either get locked up or euthanized.

Now with that said i'm not talking about your mentally handicapped individuals, i'm talking about your fucks obsesssed with violence, sex etc. etc., any asshole who displays any sick tendencies such as that shit gets canceled, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Society simply has no use for idiots anymore.

OCA
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM

If not a gun, it would be something else. Hell i'll kill you with some electrical wire if i'm so motivated.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Yep, which is why i've called for a standardized mental evaluation for every American upon turning 18. If you pas this test you move on, if not you either get locked up or euthanized.

Now with that said i'm not talking about your mentally handicapped individuals, i'm talking about your fucks obsesssed with violence, sex etc. etc., any asshole who displays any sick tendencies such as that shit gets canceled, no ifs, ands or buts about it. Society simply has no use for idiots anymore.

I guess that WOULD also address overpopulation.:laugh2:

OCA
04-16-2007, 03:55 PM

When is the last time you heard of a massacre in Montana where you can openly carry firearms?

OCA
04-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Quote:

I'm not sure. If we made it possible for everybody to carry a gun we would discourage incidents like this one.

But how many additional accidental shootings, or deliberate shootings would there be, if everyone had access to guns?

Shit happens, nothing is fool proof.

theHawk
04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Shit happens, nothing is fool proof.

Shit never happens in the L.U.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Shit never happens in the L.U.

You ever notice how that shit don't happen around here much? Wannabe mass murderers know they'll get they're damned heads blown off before they get started good.

OCA
04-16-2007, 04:04 PM

Complete bullshit, intellectually invalid but full of incorrect hot rhetoric.

California has stringent gun laws and not just anybody can get a permit.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

OCA
04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
There would be a hell of a lot more shootings if all the students walked around with guns.

Completely untrue.

stephanie
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical liberal knee jerk reaction..
Get rid of all the guns, then we'll all be happy...living in our fortified homes with bars on all the windows, 10ft walled fences and a baseball bat to protect us from the thugs...who by the way...will still have their guns...

Nuts..
:cool:

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Complete bullshit, intellectually invalid but full of incorrect hot rhetoric.

California has stringent gun laws and not just anybody can get a permit.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/pubfaqs.php

Hell, I've bought guns there. I got a security clearance in the military easier. She isn't fooling anyone.

theHawk
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
You ever notice how that shit don't happen around here much? Wannabe mass murderers know they'll get they're damned heads blown off before they get started good.

I'm not a gun owner(yet) but I know I feel alot safer around here than in California.
Ironically I was just at a friends place this weekend for a bbq. His family runs a shooting range. Felt pretty safe with all my buds practicing shooting their AKs and many other various rifles. :coffee:

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 04:12 PM
WOW over 300 years ago? As in before 1707?
Constitutionally Gun ownership has nothing to do with the wilderness.

It’s their right..and yeah some do, so what?

Yes they have gun shows; the rest of what you said is Not true.

Let's face it. Gun nuts tacitly approve these mass murders. They believe ownership of any type of weapon should be legal.
Not true.

If you are hacked off, you can go buy an assault rifle (or a weapon that is easily converted) and go shoot as many people as you wish.
Maybe if you get buy all the filters, but you can buy a baseball bat or machete and do the same thing.
BTW what is an “assault weapon”?

You can yell about "politicizing" all you want. Or the Constitution. Or your rights as an American citizen. Truth is, if you are in favor of open gun ownership, you are in favor of mass murder.
BS

You have zero right to express remorse for something you are not in favor of preventing.
I’m for the death penalty in a case like this or any other when a gun is used, are you?

Watch CNN. Watch them drag out the bodies. Look at the blood, the wounded and those scarred forever by this massacre.
Media Hype, they'll play this-up through the weekend. I wonder if they will even mention ALL the kids killed everyday by abusive parents?

It is on your hands. Because people like you allow these things to happen.
No we have laws against this stuff.
People like you enable this to happen with restrictions on citizens rights to defend themselves.

glockmail
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM

How would you choose them? The existing right to carry laws in VA are nearly identical to NC, as the two states have reciprocal agreements. In NC you have to undergo an extensive background check for past criminal activity, as well as with the three State mental health hospitals. You then have to take a 16 hour course on handgun safety. Finally you have to submit to having your fingerprints on file with your local sheriff. The whole process takes about 3 months, and requires renewal every 5 years.

glockmail
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
When is the last time you heard of a massacre in Montana where you can openly carry firearms? You can open carry in VA as well, just not on the VT campus, apparently.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm not a gun owner(yet) but I know I feel alot safer around here than in California.
Ironically I was just at a friends place this weekend for a bbq. His family runs a shooting range. Felt pretty safe with all my buds practicing shooting their AKs and many other various rifles. :coffee:

Wasn't "A Place to Shoot" was it?

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
You can open carry in VA as well, just not on the VT campus, apparently.

I don't think you can carry a weapon on ANY school grounds in VA.

theHawk
04-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Wasn't "A Place to Shoot" was it?

naw heh.

Nuc
04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Sound like the same question that perplexes most governments. The dictator types choose the former, our founding fathers choose the latter. I think our country has done pretty good compared to societies that chose gun control. If you don't like it, move to Europe.

Well I'm sitting here in Australia, we don't have easy access to guns, and the crime rate is low. There are very few murders and mass murder is not a fad like it is in the States. They had a mass murder in Tasmania about 10 years ago and the people refuse to speak the man's name. In contrast Jeffrey Dahmer et. al are celebrities in the States. Heroes. Role models for future mass murderers. Dahmer didn't use guns, but you get my point. This guy did and it took him minutes to kill as many as Dahmer killed in years. Between guns and the celebration of mass murderers there's something very sick going on there.

In Australia we have every luxury and positive aspect of the States and more, few guns and low crime. There is another way to live. And it's a better way. I'm proud to be an American, but it is no longer the greatest country on Earth or the best lifestyle. In fact it's going down the toilet rapidly.

glockmail
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
I don't think you can carry a weapon on ANY school grounds in VA. Same in NC, but mine's still in my car when I pick up my kids, as the car is my sanctuary.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:22 PM
naw heh.

I used to know the guy who ran that range. There's also one right up the road from me, but I don't recall the name. I prefer A Place to Shoot because it's an outdoor range.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Same in NC, but mine's still in my car when I pick up my kids, as the car is my sanctuary.

IIRC, they recently adopted that rule here as well regarding your vehicle.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Well I'm sitting here in Australia, we don't have easy access to guns, and the crime rate is low. There are very few murders and mass murder is not a fad like it is in the States. They had a mass murder in Tasmania about 10 years ago and the people refuse to speak the man's name. In contrast Jeffrey Dahmer et. al are celebrities in the States. Heroes. Role models for future mass murderers. Dahmer didn't use guns, but you get my point. This guy did and it took him minutes to kill as many as Dahmer killed in years. Between guns and the celebration of mass murderers there's something very sick going on there.

In Australia we have every luxury and positive aspect of the States and more, few guns and low crime. There is another way to live. And it's a better way. I'm proud to be an American, but it is no longer the greatest country on Earth or the best lifestyle. In fact it's going down the toilet rapidly.

What do you expect when there are more kangaroos than people per square mile?:poke:

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 05:19 PM

Some people have decided not to run away and stay here to improve it.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 05:22 PM

I liked Australia. What I remember of it. I did have beer goggles on for the most part.:laugh2:

Do you really think it's going to improve here? I'm looking at this current congress, and then the list of Presidential candidates, and my hopes ain't exactly "up there."

Mr. P
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Hey, I was going to say something like that. :slap:

I'll sit here and work for change. Way too many mean ass snakes over there for me anyway.:laugh2:

-Cp
04-16-2007, 05:35 PM
From a buddy of mine who's a cop:

"Oh yeah.. take away gun rights that's great.. that just means some asshat will go out and put together a fertilzer bomb and do even more damage"...

stephanie
04-16-2007, 05:41 PM
From a buddy of mine who's a cop:

"Oh yeah.. take away gun rights that's great.. that just means some asshat will go out and put together a fertilizer bomb and do even more damage"...

Exactly..
But then, they will ban fertilizer, barrels, trucks to hall them in, etc, etc.....

good grief...:poke:

Nuc
04-16-2007, 05:50 PM

I'll sit here and work for change. Way too many mean ass snakes over there for me anyway.:laugh2:

I didn't "run away" I moved and I had plenty of reasons for doing so including family and business. But I also analyzed the situation and decided it's NOT going to get better in the US. You can't bail out a sinking ship with a thimble. The forces that are destroying America have attained critical mass and they're unstoppable. The corporate culture has completely taken over with their amorality. And race issues remain unresolved and there is no chance in hell that situation will get better. It's been getting worse and worse, or would someone care to disagree with me? The place is almost ungovernable because everybody has a different idea of the national identity.

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 05:53 PM

no shit---and baby stealing dingos too !!!!!!! :lmao:

shattered
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Man, yer a sick fuck.

Hugh Lincoln
04-16-2007, 07:57 PM

Here's the part where we escort the children from the room, because freedom is for grown-ups. Yes, Virginia, bad things can happen under a system of freedom. "Allow" people to drive, and deadly car accidents happen. "Allow" them to drink, and fights happen. "Allow" them to have sex, and babies happen.

You can yell about "politicizing" all you want. Or the Constitution. Or your rights as an American citizen.

Yes, I'm going to yell. Stand back, San Francisco.

You have zero right to express remorse for something you are not in favor of preventing.

This makes great sense. I was just thinking at my grandmother's funeral that I had no right to be sad about her death, given what a slacker I've been in the cause to end death for human beings.

Liberals can choke on this much: Just as as abortion "rights" will never, ever go away in America, neither will gun rights. Never. Bet on it. Difference is, one of those rights is actually in the Constitution.

LiberalNation
04-16-2007, 08:03 PM
He sure did a lot of killing for just having two pistols. Can't believe the doors were chained shut. All the wrong circumstances just came together to cause this horrible tragedy. The police didn't look like they did all that well either.

As for the gun thing, a gun didn't cause this, a crazy person did. I don't believe in banning guns for law abiding citizens in the hopes of stopping criminals from using them.

shattered
04-16-2007, 08:05 PM
He sure did a lot of killing for just having two pistols. Can't believe the doors were chained shut. All the wrong circumstances just came together to cause this horrible tragedy. The police didn't look like they did all that well either.

As for the gun thing, the gun didn't cause this a crazy person did. I don't believe in banning guns for law abiding citizens in the hopes of stopping criminals from using them.

Good God. Something sensible, and rep worthy. I'm in shock.

glockmail
04-16-2007, 08:17 PM
IIRC, they recently adopted that rule here as well regarding your vehicle. Can you still shoot someone in TX for stealing your ride?

glockmail
04-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I didn't "run away" I moved and I had plenty of reasons for doing so including family and business. But I also analyzed the situation and decided it's NOT going to get better in the US. You can't bail out a sinking ship with a thimble. The forces that are destroying America have attained critical mass and they're unstoppable. The corporate culture has completely taken over with their amorality. And race issues remain unresolved and there is no chance in hell that situation will get better. It's been getting worse and worse, or would someone care to disagree with me? The place is almost ungovernable because everybody has a different idea of the national identity. That's why I left New York for North Carolina, and they are like night and day. What part of The Greatest Country on the Face of The Earth did you hail from?

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 08:26 PM
ok latest I have read was that he was asian. I also read he was chinese and was here on a student visa. But at the same time there are a lot of paki's on that campus who are considered asian. There is also a debate that there might have been two shooters. One at the dorm and one at the class hall. I'm still thinking this has all the appearance of a jihadist attack.

It was well planned. The guy chained the doors so no one could get in or out and went from room to room shooting. And this guy was well trained in shooting. You don't shoot 60 people with pistols without knowing what your doing. Especially moving people that are trying to get away.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Had there been a law abiding citizen who was legally carrying a weapon in the area, the asshole who perpetrated these heinous acts would not have been nearly as "successful" in his terrorist act.

Had I been there, rest assured, there would not have been any casualties other than a dead asshole!

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
even if he wasn't a jihadist they are going to take note of this and plan accordingly.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 08:36 PM
ok latest I have read was that he was asian. I also read he was chinese and was here on a student visa. But at the same time there are a lot of paki's on that campus who are considered asian. There is also a debate that there might have been two shooters. One at the dorm and one at the class hall. I'm still thinking this has all the appearance of a jihadist attack.

It was well planned. The guy chained the doors so no one could get in or out and went from room to room shooting. And this guy was well trained in shooting. You don't shoot 60 people with pistols without knowing what your doing. Especially moving people that are trying to get away.

I didn't want to be the first to point out that this dude knew what he doing. You're absolutely right. You don't rack up a bodycount that high with a handgun without knowing your business.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Can you still shoot someone in TX for stealing your ride?

Not sure. Unless it's been changed, as of a couple of years ago you could still hang horse thieves.

LiberalNation
04-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Had there been a law abiding citizen who was legally carrying a weapon in the area, the asshole who perpetrated these heinous acts would not have been nearly as "successful" in his terrorist act.
He was wearing a bullet proof vest so you'd have to have someone who was also a good and calm in chaos.

As for an Islamist thing, no I think he was Chinese and just crazy but time will tell.

LiberalNation
04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
You don't rack up a bodycount that high with a handgun without knowing your business.
Unless the people are stuck in a building and can't get out, have no weapons, and the shooter has plenty of clips.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 08:38 PM
He was wearing a bullet proof vest so you'd have to have someone who was also a good and calm in chaos.

As for an Islamist thing, no I think he was Chinese and just crazy but time will tell.

That vest won't stop a headshot.

LiberalNation
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Nope but I doubt I could make one in such a stressful situation with a bunch of panicked people all over the place and in the way. I can barely hit a can a little ways away with a pistol but then I don’t shoot that much. So like I said, it wouldn't be just as simple as a person with a gun.

CockySOB
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
So gabby, the Constitution was drafted over 300 years ago, huh? Last I checked the Articles of Confederation upon which the Constitution of the USA was based was drafted at the Annapolis Convention in 1776 and signed in 1777. Even giving you that as the basis for hte Constitution of the USA, that'd mean that your calculation is off by what, (1777+300-2007) 70 years or so? That'd put your margin for error at 70/300 or 7/30 or a little over %23. That's a pretty lousy error rate, but then maybe WE should demand a recount, eh?

Gunny
04-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Unless the people are stuck in a building and can't get out, have no weapons, and the shooter has plenty of clips.

To make 31 kills, you STILL have to be good. I doubt those people just stood in line. Moving targets require a much higher degree of skill than your average knucklehead is capable of.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Nope but I doubt I could make one in such a stressful situation with a bunch of panicked people all over the place and in the way. I can barely hit a can a little ways away with a pistol but then I don’t shoot that much. So like I said, it wouldn't be just as simple as a person with a gun.

A person with a gun who isn't at least functional with it is an unarmed person. Shooting come snaturally to some, but almost anyone who puts time and effort into it can become quite proficient.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-16-2007, 08:50 PM

I've no doubt that Gunny or other professionally trained individual could and would be able to make such a shot without a problem.

The point of having a CC permit is to be able to use it with success...not just as a conversation piece. Of all the people I know with permits, they train at least once a month, if not more....

LiberalNation
04-16-2007, 08:53 PM
A person with a gun who isn't at least functional with it is an unarmed person. Shooting come snaturally to some, but almost anyone who puts time and effort into it can become quite proficient.

It's the time and effort thing. I know a lot of people who carry guns but rarely if ever shoot them.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I've no doubt that Gunny or other professionally trained individual could and would be able to make such a shot without a problem.

The point of having a CC permit is to be able to use it with success...not just as a conversation piece. Of all the people I know with permits, they train at least once a month, if not more....

I still shoot about every 3 weeks or so. Got a Remington Model 700 in 7mm mag with a 10x scope, and a hangun within reach anywhere in my house.

I'd take the shot.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I still shoot about every 3 weeks or so. Got a Remington Model 700 in 7mm mag with a 10x scope, and a hangun within reach anywhere in my house.

I'd take the shot.

I would expect nothing less.....I'd break out my popcicle stick, if I had to.....

What a f*cking day......don't like it when this sh!t happens, you know?

Gunny
04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
It's the time and effort thing. I know a lot of people who carry guns but rarely if ever shoot them.

Then they are more of a danger to themselves than anyone else. Yes, like anything else, it requires time and effort; especially if you do not a natural ability to fall back on.

I have enough confidence in my ability that I would take a snap shot at the head if armed and in the position those students were in. But then, I've practiced for years shooting from the draw.

While I tend to reserve judgement, I have to agree with gaffer here. This looks meticulously planned by a person with above-average skills with a handgun. And protective vests don't grow on trees. Unless I'm wrong, that's Class III equipment.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 09:05 PM
I would expect nothing less.....I'd break out my popcicle stick, if I had to.....

What a f*cking day......don't like it when this sh!t happens, you know?

You sure seem to be quite the menace with that popsicle stick.:laugh2:

And no, I don't like this shit. The loss of life is tragic. The politicization is going to be almost unbearable from both sides. And it's alwasy kinda like robbery when the perps pop themselves instead of having the stones to stand up for what they did.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Y'know something that bugs me. This guy wasn't in herd of sheep. As much travelling around as this guy did, why didn't someone waylay his ass and snap his neck?

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
There had to be some close quarter opportunity...but then again, I have had a bit of training...as you well know.....most kids in school don't or won't see it the same way....

Gunny
04-16-2007, 09:28 PM
There had to be some close quarter opportunity...but then again, I have had a bit of training...as you well know.....most kids in school don't or won't see it the same way....

True enough. It's just hard to imagine him not presenting the opportunity at some point, and even when I was 20 I had was of the mindset that I'm going to try to do something before I'm going to be slaughtered like a sheep.

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 09:32 PM
In the case of someone carrying concealed. What they carry can be important. A small caliber or snubnose won't have the knockdown power or accuracy needed in a gun fight. If the guy was wearing a armored vest you won't kill him if the vest is hit, but it can knock him down. Vest will stop the bullet but the impact is still moving through and will knock the wind out of you.

Effects and accuracy are effected by range as well. But at least one person with a gun in tha building shooting back could have changed everything. what I have read so far is that he is was wearing a vest full of clips for the pistols he carried. So it may not have been armored.

He didn't have any assault rifles or automatic rifles. He had 9mm pistols that can be bought easily anywhere and are easily concealed. And I would bet he didn't have a permit to carry. If he was a foriegn student he had no right to be carrying fire arms period. But that didn't stop him. Signs posted all over the campus declared it a gun free zone. That didn't stop him. The only thing that would have stopped him would have been other students armed while in class. But they were law abiding.

If we make all guns illegal there will still be massacres like this. Criminals and nuts will still get them and still attack innocent unarmed people. And police will still have to respond after the fact and pick up the pieces.

Gadget (fmr Marine)
04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I have it oin good authority the FBI has taken over the investigation.

Gunny
04-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I have it oin good authority the FBI has taken over the investigation.

Just out of curiosity, what would be the premise under which they would usurp state authority?

That the shooter allegedly is a foreign exachange student? Or patriot Act?

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't want to see the FBI on it yet. Not till we know if he's a muslim or not. I'm curious if I should add this to my terror attack list. Where they will claim he just was insane and has nothing to do with islam.

The old swamp gas routine, move along folks, nothing to see here.

Pale Rider
04-17-2007, 12:17 AM

Gee... where have I been? I didn't know I had the right to commit mass murder... :confused:

Nuc
04-17-2007, 03:11 AM
That's why I left New York for North Carolina, and they are like night and day. What part of The Greatest Country on the Face of The Earth did you hail from?

Originally from Milwaukee, but I spent most of the last 10 years in NYC. 9/11 was a slight turd in the punchbowl and Milwaukee wants to be Detroit Jr. so I looked to the horizon.

KarlMarx
04-17-2007, 03:24 AM

I wouldn't crow too loudly, nor be so sanctimonious if I were you, young lady.

Not to be off topic, but abortionists have been celebrating mass murder in their own way... remember the "I had an abortion" t shirt? Yesterday's gun crime netted 32 victims, Roe vs Wade has netted 32 MILLION (and counting) in this country alone.

It is safe to say that abortion has ended more American lives than the Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War, the Spanish American War, the First World War, World War II, the Korean War, Vietnam, the first Iraq War and the current war in Iraq COMBINED.

http://resource.nusonline.co.uk/media/images/abortiont.jpg

For your information, the Second Amendment to the Constitution gives us the right to bear arms. There is no such provision in the Constitution for abortion. That, my dear, was brought about by judicial fiat.

And spare me the bloody coat hanger myth, will you?

Gunny
04-17-2007, 06:05 AM
From what I saw prior to hitting the rack, it appears this guy had on a vest that held his magazines, but was not identified as body armor. The high body count is attributed to shooting at point blank range, and simply executing those that stood there and took it. Quite a few students apparently too their chances leaping out the window.

While not identified by name, the shooter was identified as a Chinese National, and they gave his visa number, and date and port of entry, so they know who he is.

KarlMarx
04-17-2007, 06:16 AM
While not identified by name, the shooter was identified as a Chinese National, and they gave his visa number, and date and port of entry, so they know who he is.
That does it! Let's pass a law banning Chinese nationals!

Gunny
04-17-2007, 06:23 AM

This goes back to the argument of "law-abiding" citizens -- the one gabby and her ilk call "gun nuts."

This guy was Chinese National. Last I checked, he cannot legally purchase nor own firearms. But he, the criminal, got one anyway. The only ones who suffered were the law-abiding citzens who complied with being legally disarmed.

It just doesn't get much simpler than that.

Nuc
04-17-2007, 06:27 AM

At the very least we shouldn't give them driver's licenses! They can't drive!

Gunny
04-17-2007, 06:32 AM
At the very least we shouldn't give them driver's licenses! They can't drive!

Define "drive." They always kept it between the buildings that I saw.:laugh2:

Nuc
04-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Define "drive." They always kept it between the buildings that I saw.:laugh2:

I saw one using the freeway offramp as an onramp. People were giving him the horn and the dude didn't understand what was wrong.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 07:05 AM
I saw one using the freeway offramp as an onramp. People were giving him the horn and the dude didn't understand what was wrong.

Note I said "buildings," not "sidewalks" or 'lanes.":laugh2:

KarlMarx
04-17-2007, 07:06 AM
This goes back to the argument of "law-abiding" citizens -- the one gabby and her ilk call "gun nuts."

This guy was Chinese National. Last I checked, he cannot legally purchase nor own firearms. But he, the criminal, got one anyway. The only ones who suffered were the law-abiding citzens who complied with being legally disarmed.

It just doesn't get much simpler than that.
Thanks... that's the point I was making. Banning guns will not decrease violence. It will only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

If you live in Upstate New York, as I do, you know many people who know guns.

Crimes that involve guns in my neck of thw woods are often committed by the bums and scumbags that moved up from New York City to this area . We had guns before they came here and a lot less crime.

My cousins, some friends and several neighbors own guns. They use them for hunting mostly. To my knowledge, they have not knocked over any banks, plus their wives, children and fellow employees are still alive and well.

I wonder, was that fellow on medication of any sort? I've heard that the kids who committed the Columbine massacre were all on Ritalin. I don't know if that's just an urban legend or if it is the truth.

The real problem is enforcement of existing gun laws.

Another point I'd like to make is that tragedies like this offer an opportunity for liberal busybodies to stick their sanctimonious snouts into everyone else's business. It affords them the opportunity to push their views and beliefs on the rest of us in the form of laws, bans, regulations, moratoriums, taxes, fees and other nonsense. The fact is, while most liberals actually mean well, they are being manipulated by special interests who have agendas, all of which involve control of bumpkins and podunks like you and me. They think they know better because they work at a university, are members of the NOW or the Green Party, eat tofu, or wear Birkenstocks...

They just can't abide the fact that people can handle their own affairs without their enlightened guidance.

Frankly, I find them as annoying as flies and as damaging as rats.

So here's to you liberal busybodies :fu:

and I bid you all a fond "BAH FAN GOOL" ("up your ass" for those of you who don't come from Italian neighborhoods)

Gunny
04-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Thanks... that's the point I was making. Banning guns will not decrease violence. It will only take guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

If you live in Upstate New York, as I do, you know many people who know guns.

Crimes that involve guns in my neck of thw woods are often committed by the bums and scumbags that moved up from New York City to this area . We had guns before they came here and a lot less crime.

My cousins, some friends and several neighbors own guns. They use them for hunting mostly. To my knowledge, they have not knocked over any banks, plus their wives, children and fellow employees are still alive and well.

I wonder, was that fellow on medication of any sort? I've heard that the kids who committed the Columbine massacre were all on Ritalin. I don't know if that's just an urban legend or if it is the truth.

The real problem is enforcement of existing gun laws.

Another point I'd like to make is that tragedies like this offer an opportunity for liberal busybodies to stick their sanctimonious snouts into everyone else's business. It affords them the opportunity to push their views and beliefs on the rest of us in the form of laws, bans, regulations, moratoriums, taxes, fees and other nonsense. The fact is, while most liberals actually mean well, they are being manipulated by special interests who have agendas, all of which involve control of bumpkins and podunks like you and me. They think they know better because they work at a university, are members of the NOW or the Green Party, eat tofu, or wear Birkenstocks...

They just can't abide the fact that people can handle their own affairs without their enlightened guidance.

Frankly, I find them as annoying as flies and as damaging as rats.

So here's to you liberal busybodies :fu:

and I bid you all a fond "BAH FAN GOOL" ("up your ass" for those of you who don't come from Italian neighborhoods)

I'm from Texas. Not sure I know anyone who DOESN'T have at least one-or-two guns. :laugh2:

We have some common sense laws here, and Governor Bush is the one that made them happen. You get caught commiting a crime with a gun, there's a mandatory minimum just for having the gun. IF someone dies as a result of you committing a crime with a gun, you just became eligible for the needle. And in case you haven't heard, we ain't stingey with that needle.

The argument for gun control, IMO, is illogical, and no more difficult than my posts in this thread, or the incident itself. Law-abiding citizens abided the law and were disarmed. The criminal had a gun anyway. It's that part about criminals don't respect the law that always screws them up.

Disarm the public and criminals who are willing to break any other law are for some reason going to abide the one for guns. Not just illogical, but stupid.

Nuc
04-17-2007, 07:44 AM

"Vafancullo" means more like, "go fuck yourself in the ass".

KarlMarx
04-17-2007, 07:49 AM
"Vafancullo" means more like, "go fuck yourself in the ass".
Yes, that's probably a better translation.

I've also heard that it is the closest thing to "fuck you" that the Italian language has.

The phrase literally means "go to your ass" or "go up your ass".

Nuc
04-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Yes, that's probably a better translation.

I've also heard that it is the closest thing to "fuck you" that the Italian language has.

The phrase literally means "go to your ass" or "go up your ass".

Yes in context they use it the same way we would use, "Fuck you" but it's interesting how they bring the ass into it as well. They have lots of weird terminology, like, "blowjob" is "pompino" which means "little pump". "Fuck" is "scopare" which means "to sweep". Etc. It is the most beautiful language on Earth but some of the words are funny.

04-17-2007, 10:02 AM
They are saying he was South Korean.

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm still curious if he was a recently converted muslim.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm still curious if he was a recently converted muslim.

Nah ... he was recently converted to single by his ex ... the person he shot first.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Y'know something that bugs me. This guy wasn't in herd of sheep. As much travelling around as this guy did, why didn't someone waylay his ass and snap his neck?
The students were taught that this may offend someone. :dunno:

glockmail
04-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally from Milwaukee, but I spent most of the last 10 years in NYC. 9/11 was a slight turd in the punchbowl and Milwaukee wants to be Detroit Jr. so I looked to the horizon. Never been to Milwaukee, but I've heard it's a shit-hole. NYC is better now than it was 20 years ago, but its still a rat infested shit-hole with ultra high taxes. Neither is indicative of the US.

I lived in metro Boston for 20 years, then Hartford, both shitholes. :pee:

GW in Ohio
04-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Never been to Milwaukee, but I've heard it's a shit-hole. NYC is better now than it was 20 years ago, but its still a rat infested shit-hole with ultra high taxes. Neither is indicative of the US.

I live in Columbus. It is not a shit-hole.

5stringJeff
04-17-2007, 02:15 PM

This has got to be the stupidest post I've ever read.

First, the right to bear arms is about self-protection, which will always be a legitimate concern.

Second, CA has some of the toughest gun restrictions in the US. But, in general, I'm glad that it's easy to own a gun. I would like it if more people owned guns and knew how to use guns. Such a shift in our culture would prevent these type of events from happening in the future.

Third, "gun nuts," or gun-right advocates (as I prefer to be addressed), do not approve of murder, assault, threats, etc. We simply prefer to be FREE to protect ourselves as we see fit.

Fourth, if you'd like to see mass murder on a grand scale, why don't you go look up places like Darfur or Zimbabwe, where gun ownership is banned? Think those people are getting along well? In those places, owning a gun legally is virtually impossible. The government owns all the guns, and uses them to enforce their will on the defenseless people, to include confiscation of property, jailing dissidents, slavery, rape, starvation, and death. THAT is the outcome of gun control.

5stringJeff
04-17-2007, 02:16 PM
I live in Columbus. It is not a shit-hole.

I've been to Columbus. It's nice. I stayed a couple of days with a friend who lived near campus. She took me to a bar nearby that played reggae! :thumb:

OCA
04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I didn't want to be the first to point out that this dude knew what he doing. You're absolutely right. You don't rack up a bodycount that high with a handgun without knowing your business.

I'll be the first to say it, well let me state first that absolutely this guy was a psychopath, but he HAD HUGE BALLS! You can't do something like this, the planning, the padlocking the doors, the hiding out in the weeds for two hours until the right time to make your next move and then doing it knowing there was no way you were coming out alive takes balls, cowardly to shoot unarmed students and faculty, yes, but balls nonetheless. This guy was a genius in the realm of what he did.

The only thing is I wish one of these bastards would allow theirselves to be taken alive, i'm fascinated by what pushes one over the edge to commit such an act of violence.

OCA
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM

I heard today in my rounds that he was South Korean, no?

OCA
04-17-2007, 02:34 PM

No, even under these circumstances you still have to have complete command of the weapon and complete inner calm, this guy had it, he was well trained to get the body count he did, i'm sure most were one shot kills and without command and calm he would've been firing wildly and we'd be talking about a few dead and 50 wounded or thereabouts.

Hell I even heard a few of the dead were found shot execution style, on their knees with hands and fingers interlocked behind their heads, you don't do that without complete command of your mental faculties at the time your doing your deed.

LiberalNation
04-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Prolly this story has changed since the first rumor reporting.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Correct--South Korean resident alien raised in America

Nuc
04-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Never been to Milwaukee, but I've heard it's a shit-hole. NYC is better now than it was 20 years ago, but its still a rat infested shit-hole with ultra high taxes. Neither is indicative of the US.

NYC is the greatest city in the world, but the reasons for that have nothing to do with livability.

Milwaukee is NOT a shithole. It's one of the nicer cities in America. This is because we had socialist government for several decades (ending in 1960) and they took it upon themselves to create a beautiful park system and other infrastructure. The parts of the city that have maintained themselves are still wonderful. However Milwaukee is also the most segregated city in America (I sense Hugh Lincoln and others buying their online tickets right now) and since the industrial base collapsed the black neighborhoods got violent and continue to expand. It's like a cancer and it's eating the city from within. Actually the Jeffrey Dahmer incident highlights this. He was able to get away with his shenanigans for so long because he lived in that part of town and it's lawless. The cops haven't figured out how to deal with it and of course the criminals like it that way. Law abiding blacks are stuck in the mire.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 07:13 PM
NYC is the greatest city in the world, but the reasons for that have nothing to do with livability.

Milwaukee is NOT a shithole. It's one of the nicer cities in America. This is because we had socialist government for several decades (ending in 1960) and they took it upon themselves to create a beautiful park system and other infrastructure. The parts of the city that have maintained themselves are still wonderful. However Milwaukee is also the most segregated city in America (I sense Hugh Lincoln and others buying their online tickets right now) and since the industrial base collapsed the black neighborhoods got violent and continue to expand. It's like a cancer and it's eating the city from within. Actually the Jeffrey Dahmer incident highlights this. He was able to get away with his shenanigans for so long because he lived in that part of town and it's lawless. The cops haven't figured out how to deal with it and of course the criminals like it that way. Law abiding blacks are stuck in the mire.

I've been to NYC many times. Its a shit hole.

The way you describe Milwakee is like a description of hell. Or a shit hole.

grunt
04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Quote:

hey stupid...earlier you said everyone had access to guns, too much access...so which is it?

Dolt... :fu: