PDA

View Full Version : Murder/ Suicide

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
There's no evidvence of the suicide in the recent school shootings yet but here's an interesting article.

http://www.vpc.org/studies/amercont.htm

We're starting to look like Arabs. WTF?

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Apparently there now IS evidence of suicide. What's the deal ? Get depressed and feel hopeless so you take as many people out with you as you can. An incredibly evil thing to do !!!

Nienna
04-16-2007, 06:39 PM
No one can argue about the evilness... but what can be done to stop this?

Kathianne
04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Apparently there now IS evidence of suicide. What's the deal ? Get depressed and feel hopeless so you take as many people out with you as you can. An incredibly evil thing to do !!!

Suicide by police?

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 06:43 PM
No one can argue about the evilness... but what can be done to stop this?

I've been thinking-----other than self defense I can only think of bringing mass social shame on the perpetrator.

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Suicide by police?

nope

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 07:05 PM
How about anyone that does this will be shot and their body dragged around and spit on and set on fire and humilated in every way posible. Think that will deter any one? Me either. I suggest more people start carrying guns and get rid of these stupid gun free zones that don't mean anything to these nut cases. They are as effective as a un resolution.

Kathianne
04-16-2007, 07:06 PM
How about anyone that does this will be shot and their body dragged around and spit on and set on fire and humilated in every way posible. Think that will deter any one? Me either. I suggest more people start carrying guns and get rid of these stupid gun free zones that don't mean anything to these nut cases. They are as effective as a un resolution.

I have to agree. Obviously he was going to kill himself, which he did, or the police would be forced to kill him. Once someone goes down that path, there is nothing to lose.

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 07:18 PM
This is the kind of event that just can't be stopped if the guy is determined to do it. Short of having armed guards throughout the school. These sort of nuts are looking for the easiest way to do the most harm to the most people.

They say he is thought to be asian. That in itself is unusual. I'm still wondering if he was muslim or not.

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
This is the kind of event that just can't be stopped if the guy is determined to do it. Short of having armed guards throughout the school. These sort of nuts are looking for the easiest way to do the most harm to the most people.

They say he is thought to be asian. That in itself is unusual. I'm still wondering if he was muslim or not.

Then it would be nice if everyone would ease up on the cops,school and everything else they are trying like hell to pin this on. There IS NO GUARANTEE OF SECURITY. ANYWHERE.

Oscar
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Then it would be nice if everyone would ease up on the cops,school and everything else they are trying like hell to pin this on. There IS NO GUARANTEE OF SECURITY. ANYWHERE.

I agree

Maybe officialls shouldn't allow the name to be released to the press and he should be baried in a pine box somewhere undisclosed.

This might stop future notjobs from trying to make headline news.

Can't wait for the far far far left to get a hold of this and spin it around to be Bush's fault somehow.

Dilloduck
04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
I agree

Maybe officialls shouldn't allow the name to be released to the press and he should be baried in a pine box somewhere undisclosed.

Can't wait for the far far far left to get a hold of this and spin it around to be Bush's fault somehow.

Sorta what I was thinking but any flavor media would rather get the bucks than do anything that might help. Sick.

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 09:36 PM

Your right. But it sounds like the school was being pc about releasing the initial information. Would look bad if they said there had been a murder and at least part of the school was closed. So far I don't see where the police can be faulted for anything at this point. But need more info.

lily
04-16-2007, 10:30 PM
``````````````

lily
04-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I agree

Um........yeah...unlike the far far far right that would like to blame it on a Muslim.

Gaffer wrote:

This is a terrible tragedy, yet instead of discussing it......

What I would like to know is how one shooting could happen 2 hours before?

Gaffer
04-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Um........yeah...unlike the far far far right that would like to blame it on a Muslim.

This is a terrible tragedy, yet instead of discussing it......

What I would like to know is how one shooting could happen 2 hours before?

And why wasn't the campus locked down and classes canceled right after the first shootings.

Sitarro
04-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I agree

I agree that his name should not be known and all of the attention should be placed on the victims and anyone that tried to stop him but then again that would be the exact opposite of what will happen. I am sure there are reporters in China checking with his former neighbors, what he looked like as a kid, whether he treated animals badly, what designers he most liked, favorite movies and video games, how he became such an ace with a handgun, what his girlfriend did to force him to become so enraged, what he thought about President Bush and the Iraq conflict, what military training he had, what he felt about America's gun laws, what his favorite car was, etc. etc.

I am also positive the script writers are busy as we speak on both a TV mini-series and a full length movie. And you know what, Americans will watch and read the books and he will be a star......and we wonder what the problem is.

I don't cooperate...... I won't read about his sorry ass(I already know too much) and I certainly won't buy the book or see the movie.........he will spend eternity in hell for what he has done and should be known only as a very disturbed coward that no one should think of emulating.

lily
04-16-2007, 11:07 PM
And why wasn't the campus locked down and classes canceled right after the first shootings.

That's what I don't understand Gaffer. It doesn't add up. I had to turn the news off. Not to go too far off topic, but I got tired of them "interviewing" anyone with a cell phone trying to get their name on the air waves. So far I haven't read any thing that explains this. I'm wondering if it's factual. It just doesn't sound right. I freely admit that I don't know much about guns....but how can 1 person shoot so many people? I'm not just talking about the dead, I'm talking about all those injured.

Aslo there is footage of the police shooting the guy.....yet the media is saying suicide. Don't get me wrong, I honestly don't care how he died.....but I want facts. I want to know how there could be a shooting 2 hours before the massacre.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 07:45 AM
That's what I don't understand Gaffer. It doesn't add up. I had to turn the news off. Not to go too far off topic, but I got tired of them "interviewing" anyone with a cell phone trying to get their name on the air waves. So far I haven't read any thing that explains this. I'm wondering if it's factual. It just doesn't sound right. I freely admit that I don't know much about guns....but how can 1 person shoot so many people? I'm not just talking about the dead, I'm talking about all those injured.

Aslo there is footage of the police shooting the guy.....yet the media is saying suicide. Don't get me wrong, I honestly don't care how he died.....but I want facts. I want to know how there could be a shooting 2 hours before the massacre.

The asshole shot people in one location and left. The police responded and were investigating. No one knew where he went and students were wandering all over campus. The administration sent out e-mails and warnings of every kind to notify the campus of the danger. When students reached thier rooms the buildings were locked down. Securing an open campus is impossible. Blame the shooter --not the authorities. I'm sure they feel depressed and guilty already about something that they couldn't have done anything about. Second guessing the response is easier for those who now know all the information. They didn't have it.

Birdzeye
04-17-2007, 07:59 AM
This is one of those times when I just don't know what to say. I could speculate till the cows come home about the coulda, woulda, shoulda, and I doubt that it would do a bit of good. About the only thing I'm sure of is that the shooter was seriously deranged.

Mr. P
04-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Just FYI folks...a news conference is suppose to start any minute from VT.

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Well they now know he was a korean and a citizen. But still not a lot of info being released yet. Still need a lot more information.

Whatever was done wrong needs to be evaluated so the same mistakes aren't made again. Not used to blame people and condemn.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Well they now know he was a korean and a citizen. But still not a lot of info being released yet. Still need a lot more information.

Whatever was done wrong needs to be evaluated so the same mistakes aren't made again. Not used to blame people and condemn.

Wrong---resident alien.

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Wrong---resident alien.

Just heard that.

lily
04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
The asshole shot people in one location and left. The police responded and were investigating. No one knew where he went and students were wandering all over campus. The administration sent out e-mails and warnings of every kind to notify the campus of the danger. When students reached thier rooms the buildings were locked down. Securing an open campus is impossible. Blame the shooter --not the authorities. I'm sure they feel depressed and guilty already about something that they couldn't have done anything about. Second guessing the response is easier for those who now know all the information. They didn't have it.

Dilloduck......I'm not sure where I blamed the authorities. What I did state is I want reputable information and I wanted to know how this could have happened. As your post is dated today, then it seems I got what I asked for, which was something that was not available when I asked my question.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Dilloduck......I'm not sure where I blamed the authorities. What I did state is I want reputable information and I wanted to know how this could have happened. As your post is dated today, then it seems I got what I asked for, which was something that was not available when I asked my question.

It was just a general informative post aimed at no one in particular---:chillpill:

lily
04-17-2007, 11:55 AM
It was just a general informative post aimed at no one in particular---:chillpill:

Actually so was mine. It seems you can't make a simple statement here without it being considered an attack. I wanted information, you provided it, now let's get on with discussing it.

From the way that I am understanding it is the first shooting happened in the morning. The police were out with dogs tracking. They never suspected it would turn into anything more than domestic abuse and they actully thought that they had the suspect. Also that at 7:00 in the morning that no one else would be in danger as classes didn't start yet.

IMO the authorities did the right thing they are not mind readers. What I was getting at in my first post was all the dis-information that has come from the 24 hour so called "news", because heaven forbid, someone scoops them on actual FACTS.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 12:01 PM
I agree that his name should not be known .....

I dunno. If is body was put in a big pickle jar like one of those malformed babies at the back of the medical lab it would be kinda neat. :pee:

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 12:03 PM
The press is always anxious to get the story out first inspite of accuracy. It's all about the sensationalism to bring in the viewers.

whether the police and admin did right remains to be seen. Errors in judgement will be made as situations evolve. The best that can be done is look back and note the errors and try not to do them again.

lily
04-17-2007, 12:11 PM
The press is always anxious to get the story out first inspite of accuracy. It's all about the sensationalism to bring in the viewers.

I think we're in agreement there.

whether the police and admin did right remains to be seen. Errors in judgement will be made as situations evolve. The best that can be done is look back and note the errors and try not to do them again.

Well, the police and admin. are only human. You are right, they can now reflect on what went wrong and try to correct it. I also give them credit for not passing the buck and owning up that yes, mistakes were made.

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 12:28 PM
I think we're in agreement there.

Well, the police and admin. are only human. You are right, they can now reflect on what went wrong and try to correct it. I also give them credit for not passing the buck and owning up that yes, mistakes were made.

Yep that's important.

It will take days before all the info can be gathered and anylized to know what really was going on.

You can bet the media will be carrying this for a month.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Actually so was mine. It seems you can't make a simple statement here without it being considered an attack. I wanted information, you provided it, now let's get on with discussing it.

From the way that I am understanding it is the first shooting happened in the morning. The police were out with dogs tracking. They never suspected it would turn into anything more than domestic abuse and they actully thought that they had the suspect. Also that at 7:00 in the morning that no one else would be in danger as classes didn't start yet.

IMO the authorities did the right thing they are not mind readers. What I was getting at in my first post was all the dis-information that has come from the 24 hour so called "news", because heaven forbid, someone scoops them on actual FACTS.

I didn't accuse YOU of attacking anyone---:chillpill: :chillpill: I was referring to those who were responding to this tragedy by trying to find fault with the administration or police. Like Katrina, this illusion that someone should and can always be out there stopping every tragedy that occurs is a dream which prevents people from living like they are responsible for themselves.

Abbey Marie
04-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I dunno. If is body was put in a big pickle jar like one of those malformed babies at the back of the medical lab it would be kinda neat. :pee:

Sure. Then some moron comes along and puts his brain into the body of a 7 ft. monster, starts the electrical shocks, and...
Well, you know the rest!

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Sure. Then some moron comes along and puts his brain into the body of a 7 ft. monster, starts the electrical shocks, and...
Well, you know the rest!

ya--puttin on the Ritz !!! :lol:

lily
04-17-2007, 06:58 PM
I didn't accuse YOU of attacking anyone---:chillpill: :chillpill: I was referring to those who were responding to this tragedy by trying to find fault with the administration or police. Like Katrina, this illusion that someone should and can always be out there stopping every tragedy that occurs is a dream which prevents people from living like they are responsible for themselves.

Point taken.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, you know the rest! Yeah- the moron takes a bath with a corpse and electrocutes his sorry arse! :laugh2:

Nuc
04-19-2007, 06:45 AM
So they're saying this fool had suicidal tendencies. Maybe in the future we should encourage these people to commit suicide rather than trying to help them.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 07:13 AM
So they're saying this fool had suicidal tendencies. Maybe in the future we should encourage these people to commit suicide rather than trying to help them. I've no problem with that. :rolleyes: