PDA

View Full Version : women with real talent vs women with no talent

actsnoblemartin
10-09-2009, 08:17 PM
Women with talent: Karen Carptenter, Dusty Springfield, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton

Women with no talent, using their bodies to sell records cause they cant sing, write their own music or play an instrument profieciently

Madonna, Avril Lavigne, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera

Now, which group is a better example for what real music is, a good role model for women, you tell me

Kathianne
10-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Women with talent: Karen Carptenter, Dusty Springfield, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton

Women with no talent, using their bodies to sell records cause they cant sing, write their own music or play an instrument profieciently

Now, which group is a better example for what real music is, a good role model for women, you tell me

Women have a right to use whatever venues are open to them, just like men.

actsnoblemartin
10-09-2009, 08:47 PM
what are you the feminist spokesman?

Women may have the right to be whores, but it is un-godly, immoral and disgusting.

If i wanted to be around whores id go to el cajon blvd (place where hookers go)

im quite shocked and sad that your defending bad behavior because their women, and they have to right to be stupid *****

its pathetic.

actsnoblemartin
10-09-2009, 08:49 PM
way to actually stay on topic by the way, its complete non sense to defend these women

if you dont like my post, make a post about how bad men are.

And yes, I dont think men should use their bodies to sell records, but they are not as slutty as the women with their dress.

but i condemn men as much as women for fornicating, and abortions and other sins, because god would frown upon their actions so do i.

if you dont like it, tough

Kathianne
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
way to actually stay on topic by the way, its complete non sense to defend these women

And yes, I dont think men should use their bodies to sell records, but they are not as slutty as the women with their dress.

but i condemn men as much as women for fornicating, and abortions and other sins, because god would frown upon their actions so do i.

In spite of your dings, I'm assuming after a breath or two or ten, you'll recognize what I'm speaking about.

actsnoblemartin
10-09-2009, 09:05 PM
what are you talking about?

Perhaps I could calm, i do love ya but your annoying me :thumb:

In spite of your dings, I'm assuming after a breath or two or ten, you'll recognize what I'm speaking about.

actsnoblemartin
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
i still wish you would explain what your talking about :((

chloe
10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
are you kidden? Aguilara has some pipes !!!!!! wow !!!

GYZtIL-_Kus

ajINmhvpj8c

chloe
10-09-2009, 10:46 PM
D2innZagR_M

Njph0QyXcKs

Mr. P
10-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Meds Martin, check yer MEDS!

DragonStryk72
10-10-2009, 01:45 AM

Um, first off, your entire premise is shot by bias, so nothing for you there. Second, I have to say that Avril doesn't deserve to be on the second list. Actually look at her videos, and tell me where she's using her body to sell them. Most of her videos don't even have her in them for more than 15 seconds. In fact, when she came on the scene, she was so different from Brit and Christina simply because she wasn't letting it all hang out there. She wore full pants, usually had a hoodie on, and stuck to normal t-shirts or a wife beater. That's not using your body.

DragonStryk72
10-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Plus, she was one of the first pop stars who came out pro-abstinence. That was her whole run in the song "Did you think I was gonna give it up to you?"

Kathianne
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM

None of us must post what you think we should. See, I disagree with your take that because some women choose different presentation forms, that you happen not to like, that we must agree with you.

Actually I wouldn't spend the $$ for ticket or go out of my way to catch them even for free. However, they have the right to perform how they wish. If enough folks like their act or buy their records they will succeed. If not, they'll fail.

chesswarsnow
10-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well in America's entertainment industry, its, *faunt it if you got it*.
2. Sex sells.
3. Women have that certain thing men and women like to check out.
4. The men are attracted naturally, being men, while women enjoy seeing how other women look, to see how the beauty of them is.
5. So either way, *flaunting it* attracts viewing of the auidience.
6. I agree with Mr. Martin, the women performers, do tend to go to far, hunching on poles like strippers, all kinds of slutty filming in order to get a rise from men, whoring for the viewership.
7. Its wrong, and immoral.
8. But the America female performers don't cry about it too much on the way to deposit the checks at the banks.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
doesnt write her own songs, doesnt play and instrument, and her voice sounds like screeching cat

are you kidden? Aguilara has some pipes !!!!!! wow !!!

GYZtIL-_Kus

ajINmhvpj8c

actsnoblemartin
10-10-2009, 10:21 PM
this has nothing to do with my meds, but nice cheap shot :poke:

Meds Martin, check yer MEDS!

well she changed, and not dresses slutty and all glammed (fake) up

her performances now, and videos she is wearing short shorts and such

she is a phony.

Um, first off, your entire premise is shot by bias, so nothing for you there. Second, I have to say that Avril doesn't deserve to be on the second list. Actually look at her videos, and tell me where she's using her body to sell them. Most of her videos don't even have her in them for more than 15 seconds. In fact, when she came on the scene, she was so different from Brit and Christina simply because she wasn't letting it all hang out there. She wore full pants, usually had a hoodie on, and stuck to normal t-shirts or a wife beater. That's not using your body.

she is a complete phony who pretended to play guitar on her first album, and only played on one track, i dont believe her

Plus, she was one of the first pop stars who came out pro-abstinence. That was her whole run in the song "Did you think I was gonna give it up to you?"

since when did i say the women or men of this board have to agree with me?

None of us must post what you think we should. See, I disagree with your take that because some women choose different presentation forms, that you happen not to like, that we must agree with you.

Actually I wouldn't spend the $$ for ticket or go out of my way to catch them even for free. However, they have the right to perform how they wish. If enough folks like their act or buy their records they will succeed. If not, they'll fail.

Kathianne
10-11-2009, 03:07 AM
since when did i say the women or men of this board have to agree with me?

From this post:

Originally Posted by actsnoblemartin

chloe
10-11-2009, 07:24 AM
doesnt write her own songs, doesnt play and instrument, and her voice sounds like screeching cat

That is just your opinion, there are many people out there who like the sound of Aguilera's voice and her range. Actually Christina co-wrote the song "hurt". I do NOT consider Karen Carpenter ANYONE a young female should look up to as a role model, since she died of anorexia !!!!

Trigg
10-11-2009, 08:30 AM

That's your oppinion though. Personnally I think the girls got an amazing voice.

actsnoblemartin
10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
From this post:

i dont see anything hypocritical about this, your more then welcome to make a thread about male performers or men in general if you dont like this post

I disagree,

#1 her death brought major awareness to eating disorders

#2 it was a mental illness like any other, and should not she should not be stigma tizes for it.

Her warm personality and wonderful voice/work ethic should be emmulated

That is just your opinion, there are many people out there who like the sound of Aguilera's voice and her range. Actually Christina co-wrote the song "hurt". I do NOT consider Karen Carpenter ANYONE a young female should look up to as a role model, since she died of anorexia !!!!

i respect your opinion, but her voice is alright too me.

have a nice day Trigg

That's your oppinion though. Personnally I think the girls got an amazing voice.

chloe
10-12-2009, 07:55 AM
i respect your opinion, but her voice is alright too me.

have a nice day Trigg

Martin, you are telling me aguilera has a voice like a screeching cat, and then you are telling Trigg aguilera's voice is alright to you too? You say don't stigmatize karen carpenter for her mental illness of anorexia, all I said is that is not something a young woman should look up to, yet you say avril lavigne, aguilera dress bad sing bad and have no talent. You don't like those women according to your opinion using there "bodies" to get famous, you are aware that those images talented or not have an influence on people. So you don't like it. I have no problem with that because you can choose not to listen to theire music. But dont try to act like Karen Carpenter had no infuence on young women either, the fact that she died from starving and it killed her heart is tragic. She did have fame and influence on fans who loved her, and young women who think being thin is the most important image to portray, could see her as a role model just as much as young women thinking dressing like spears is cool. I happen to like the Carepenters music, but I like all kinds of music and singers. I don't get why you can't just state an opinion without acting like its some kind of fact instead of just your own personal preference, and I didn't care for the tone your post took to Kathianne when she responded to your opinion.

Pericles
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM

Actsnoble, you might consider that there's a complete double standard when it comes to male and female preformers & entertainers. In the music business especially, men can get away with being poor singers and with looking like five miles of bad road, and still make millions in the industry. Women? They can have loads of talent, great singing voices, but without the looks, they'll never see the payday. Don't decry the fact that many women work the sex appeal angle (both in their image and their lyrics) when it is men who manuever them there in the first place.

That said, there are many female artists who are better than any of those mentioned in your first list. Here's a few: Jenny Lewis, Cat Power (nee Chan Marshall), Neko Case.

Lots of people go on about how great Augilera's voice is, but her songs have virtually no emotional depth, so all she does is come of as technically proficient. You want to hear a voice with power, with serious, emotionally resonant lyrics, you folks need to listen to Neko Case...

chloe
10-17-2009, 09:09 PM
WzTTQmzxdps

:cool: