PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Cancels Baseball Playoff Game

red states rule
10-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Now global warming is savaging the state of Colorado. A early snowstorm has forced the psotponment of the third game in the NLDS

I wonder if the enviro wackos will blame Pres Bush for this?

Rockies VS Phillies Game Three Postponed Due to Snow

It didn't look like baseball weather in Denver, as the temperatures dipped to 18 degrees. The problem with suspending the Saturday night game means that the complete strategy of the series may need to be altered for both teams.

The Phillies-Rockies playoff series has so far been a split, with Philadelphia winning game 1 by a score of 5-1, and Colorado pulling out the game 2 victory by a score of 5-4. Both of those games took place in Philadelphia, and the teams had moved on to Colorado to play the next two games in Denver. The schedule was supposed to have game 3 on Saturday, and game 4 on Sunday, giving the possibility of a game 5 on next Tuesday in Philadelphia if it is needed. Now everything will get mashed together with game 3 on Sunday, and game 4 pushed back to Monday night.

The expected starting pitchers for the game were to be Jason Hammel for the host Colorado Rockies, and Pedro Martinez for the visiting Philadelphia Phillies. Now the managers may be able to re-think which pitcher takes the mound, but it could also change their approaches to game 4 and game 5. The problem all stems from the bad weather that the Colorado area has been having, and when the temperatures dipped below 20 degrees Fahrenheit, it certainly seemed like Major League baseball might have to take some action. Its great weather for football, but not so conducive to playing baseball. The league stepped in, and now Colorado and Philadelphia have an extra day off to enjoy some room service.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2271091/rockies_vs_phillies_game_three_postponed.html?cat= 14

Insein
10-12-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm more angry that Sunday's game was at 10:07 EST. I stayed up watching that game till 2:30am. Thank God the Phillies won or else I'd be tired and miserable today. Right now I'm just tired.

I mean really, MLB. Schedule the coldest city on the schedule to the latest game possible. Thats pure genius to avoid another cold weather setup. Idiots.

red states rule
10-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm more angry that Sunday's game was at 10:07 EST. I stayed up watching that game till 2:30am. Thank God the Phillies won or else I'd be tired and miserable today. Right now I'm just tired.

I mean really, MLB. Schedule the coldest city on the schedule to the latest game possible. Thats pure genius to avoid another cold weather setup. Idiots.

According to the enviro wackos it should have been like the tropics in Colorado by now

maineman
10-12-2009, 03:11 PM
weather versus climate.

some morons clearly do not understand the difference.

red states rule
10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
weather versus climate.

some morons clearly do not understand the difference.

Yea, and Al Gore was to toss out the first pitch. What a bummer