PDA

View Full Version : Bring It or STFU

Gunny
01-16-2007, 12:59 PM
My original statement:

Then there's the fact he was tying up at least a quarter of our military and its financing for over a decade with no end in sight.

This has been purposefully misquoted as:

... and then you claimed that a quarter of our military budget was taken up in keeping Saddam in check ...

and...

Please Gunny.... explain to me how that sentence does not mean that Saddam was tying up over 25% of our military and its budget for over a decade.

both by manfrommaine.

Dirt the Cheesedick adds from another thread:

You (especially) don't need to play semantics police when you just got done tapdancing around a comment you made that 25% of our military and budgeting was tied up with Saddam.

I suggest first that both of you learn to read what's written, not what you see between the lines.

I suggest second that since I already stated I just took a quick stab at the number, that you either disprove the number or shut the fuck up. Amidst all the personal attacks, I saw nothing to refute even my guess.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
My original statement:

and...

both by manfrommaine.

I suggest first that both of you learn to read what's written, not what you see between the lines.

I suggest second that since I already stated I just took a quick stab at the number, that you either disprove the number or shut the fuck up. Amidst all the personal attacks, I saw nothing to refute even my guess.
I don't need to disprove the number, fuckface, it was your outrageous claim so you deal with it. Do you know how fucking stupid you sound saying that you took a quick stab at the numbers but then telling someone to disprove it? You fucking retard. Get back to me when those monkeys stop flying out of your ass.

retiredman
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
My original statement:

and...

both by manfrommaine.

is the issue that you are saying the 25% IS accurate, or is it that you are saying that my paraphrasing of your original statement is inaccurate?

I don't understand your challenge here.

you say he was "tying up a quarter of our military AND ITS FINANCING" in one breath and then claim that my paraphrasing that as "Saddam was tying up over 25% of our military and its budget for over a decade." was purposely disotorting your words. I am saying that the two sentences mean essential the exact same thing and that they are both inaccurate in that Saddam did not take up 25% of the budget or the resources or the men or the time of the US military.... not by a long shot.

So what are you bitching about? that I am assuming that your use of the word "quarter" implies 25% or that the percentage itself is accurate?

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 02:18 PM
is the issue that you are saying the 25% IS accurate, or is it that you are saying that my paraphrasing of your original statement is inaccurate?

you say he was "tying up a quarter of our military AND ITS FINANCING" in one breath and then claim that my paraphrasing that as "Saddam was tying up over 25% of our military and its budget for over a decade." was purposely disotorting your words. I am saying that the two sentences mean essential the exact same thing and that they are both inaccurate in that Saddam did not take up 25% of the budget or the resources or the men or the time of the US military.... not by a long shot.

So what are you bitching about? that I am assuming that your use of the word "quarter" implies 25% or that the percentage itself is accurate?
Fuckhead doesn't know what the hell he's saying. He's one of those argumentative fucks who disagrees just to disagree. He's always saying shit like I was never for invading Iraq while being the biggest war apologist on the board. He relies on selectively nitpicking from everyone else's posts and trying to engage in a debate about semantics while downplaying his own numbers and information he pulls out of his ass. Now he wants someone to refute a number he "just took a stab at." http://www.gamesboard.net/images/smilies/rofl.gif

Gunny
01-16-2007, 02:55 PM

In the post following your response to my intial post, I stated I do not know the exact percentage and that I just took a quick guess. It should have ended there.

Two, within the context of my original statement, it's pretty obvious that "and its financing" applies to the 25%, not to the entire military budget; which, was no part of the discussion.

Again, I don't know what the actual percentage was, and I have so far been unable to find anything concerning it. Which, would mean you don't know what the actual percentage is either. If by chance you have found something to the contrary of that assumption, I would like to see it.

Within the context of my argument, it is pretty clear that we spent a significant amount of money and military manpower babysitting Saddam Hussein, and I consider that one of the justifications for invading iraq.

Since you don't think anything justified the invasion of Iraq, fine. We disagree.

So, the point to carrying on about this WHAT, exactly?

Gunny
01-16-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't need to disprove the number, fuckface, it was your outrageous claim so you deal with it. Do you know how fucking stupid you sound saying that you took a quick stab at the numbers but then telling someone to disprove it? You fucking retard. Get back to me when those monkeys stop flying out of your ass.

:lol: Yeah, no one ever guesses at anything or makes estimates. Unheard of. Who'd of thunk it?

Didn't take you long to show your true colors. Guess you don't know how stupid you made yourself look when your responses in an unrelated thread were nothing but personal attacks since you couldn't make a legitimate argument on your own. Next time I'll use the big fat crayons and the little words just for you.

dirt mcgirt
01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
:lol: Yeah, no one ever guesses at anything or makes estimates. Unheard of. Who'd of thunk it?
People make guesses and assumptions all the time. I've just never seen anyone state something, then get called out on it, then say that they were just taking a stab at it, but then going back and providing links to try and support it. LOL.

Didn't take you long to show your true colors. Guess you don't know how stupid you made yourself look when your responses in an unrelated thread were nothing but personal attacks since you couldn't make a legitimate argument on your own. Next time I'll use the big fat crayons and the little words just for you.
True colors? WTF are you talking about? You implied something that wasn't in my post, called me jackass and other personal attacks, started some stupid steel cage thread, and now you're acting all surprised because I flamed you back. If people are upset because I returned the favor then so be it. I'd rather discuss with facts and figures too but the minute you go personal, I do the same.

retiredman
01-16-2007, 03:50 PM
In the post following your response to my intial post, I stated I do not know the exact percentage and that I just took a quick guess. It should have ended there.

The point is...it is not even close. THAT WAS my original point. That the quick guess was ridiculous...it would be like me saying..."I am not sure how long my penis is...I've never actually measured it, but, I am going to take a quick guess and say it is 35 feet long."

Two, within the context of my original statement, it's pretty obvious that "and its financing" applies to the 25%, not to the entire military budget; which, was no part of the discussion.
That sentence makes absolutely ZERO sense...you need to go back and reread it and come back with something better. YOur initial post talked about him "tying up a quarter of our military and it's financing" that is talking about tying up a quarter of the military and a quarter of the military's budget.... which is as crazy as my 35 foot long johnson

Again, I don't know what the actual percentage was, and I have so far been unable to find anything concerning it. Which, would mean you don't know what the actual percentage is either. If by chance you have found something to the contrary of that assumption, I would like to see it.

I am not going to take the time to do your research for you.... go look at the defense department budget.... look at all the billions spent on ship construction and new aircraft and all that training and all those bases all over the world and all those bases at home and all those soldiers sailors and marines in all those bases with all those tanks and artillery pieces and helicopters ...

and then imagine the detachments in the middle east... and the relative handful of ships that patrol the arabian sea and persian gulf and the squadron of airforce CAP aircraft that patrolled the no-fly zones.

As I said before, 25% is not just A guess, it is a superbly ridiculous guess that indicates that you have zero knowledge about the incredible complexity of the defense department or its budget. I would be surprised if the actual number were greater than 2%.

Within the context of my argument, it is pretty clear that we spent a significant amount of money and military manpower babysitting Saddam Hussein, and I consider that one of the justifications for invading iraq.

And I really find the entire premise that some percentage of prior defense spending becomes a justification for flushing a half a trillion MORE dollars down the shitter and suffering 25THOUSAND dead and wounded....
to be barbaric and idiotic.

Since you don't think anything justified the invasion of Iraq, fine. We disagree.
no shit

why...to kick your ass in this steel cage match that YOU set up, of course.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 04:14 PM
People make guesses and assumptions all the time. I've just never seen anyone state something, then get called out on it, then say that they were just taking a stab at it, but then going back and providing links to try and support it. LOL.

Wow. Another incorrect assumption on your part. I seriously doubt that the percentage comes out to an exact 25%. I can guarantee you it doesn't come out to zero. Whatever the exact percentage is/was, it's above and beyond anything babysitting Saddam for 13 years was worth; which, was the intent of my statement. The numbers in the links are what they are, and I did not try to present them as anything more or less than that.

True colors? WTF are you talking about? You implied something that wasn't in my post, called me jackass and other personal attacks, started some stupid steel cage thread, and now you're acting all surprised because I flamed you back. If people are upset because I returned the favor then so be it. I'd rather discuss with facts and figures too but the minute you go personal, I do the same.

I'd suggest you go re-read the thread and your first response to me before you go accusing me of tossing out the first insult. Regardless that, your flame was WAY over the top. I will bear in mind that you cannot differentiate between the severity of insults.

It may not have crossed your mind, but this is a new board and its success depends on attracting new members. A single pissing contest in multiple threads does not accomplish that.

You want to play in the mud with me, no problem. But let's be courteous enough to do it in the proper place.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 04:29 PM

The point is...it is not even close. THAT WAS my original point. That the quick guess was ridiculous...it would be like me saying..."I am not sure how long my penis is...I've never actually measured it, but, I am going to take a quick guess and say it is 35 feet long."

How do you know it isn't even close? We had a lot of military assets in the ME during the 90s. Say it's 5% or 10% or 15% -- whatever -- how much is "enough" for you?

That sentence makes absolutely ZERO sense...you need to go back and reread it and come back with something better. YOur initial post talked about him "tying up a quarter of our military and it's financing" that is talking about tying up a quarter of the military and a quarter of the military's budget.... which is as crazy as my 35 foot long johnson

Nope. You read it wrong.

I am not going to take the time to do your research for you.... go look at the defense department budget.... look at all the billions spent on ship construction and new aircraft and all that training and all those bases all over the world and all those bases at home and all those soldiers sailors and marines in all those bases with all those tanks and artillery pieces and helicopters ...

I didn't ask you to do anything for me, did I?

and then imagine the detachments in the middle east... and the relative handful of ships that patrol the arabian sea and persian gulf and the squadron of airforce CAP aircraft that patrolled the no-fly zones.

Handful? Yeah, okay.:laugh:

As I said before, 25% is not just A guess, it is a superbly ridiculous guess that indicates that you have zero knowledge about the incredible complexity of the defense department or its budget. I would be surprised if the actual number were greater than 2%.

And I think it was significantly larger than 2%.

And I really find the entire premise that some percentage of prior defense spending becomes a justification for flushing a half a trillion MORE dollars down the shitter and suffering 25THOUSAND dead and wounded....
to be barbaric and idiotic.

So just how long do think we should have spent our time and money and tied up our military personnel, REGARDLESS PERCENTAGE. babysitting a genocidal maniac?

no shit

why...to kick your ass in this steel cage match that YOU set up, of course.

Good luck.

Missileman
01-16-2007, 04:59 PM

Actually, the financing for x percent of the military is not necessarily linear to x percent of the budget. Compare the cost of one pilot and one F-15 to the cost of one soldier and one Humvee (sp).

Gaffer
01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Actually, the financing for x percent of the military is not necessarily linear to x percent of the budget. Compare the cost of one pilot and one F-15 to the cost of one soldier and one Humvee (sp).

Not to mention the cost of every carrier group kept on station in the area for 13 years.

retiredman
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM
Not to mention the cost of every carrier group kept on station in the area for 13 years.

are you suggesting that the only reason we would have a carrier group in the northern arabian sea was to keep tabs on Saddam? HAHAHAHAHA

that's hilarious!

retiredman
01-16-2007, 07:30 PM

no argument here...the POINT was...his idiotic statement at the beginning of this whole mess was that keeping an eye on Saddam with the squadron of airforce CAP aircraft, the ground forces in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and the Naval Assets in the gulf and arabian sea who were only partially dedicated to Saddam babysitting took up over a quarter of our military and its financing.....

like I said....then my penis is 35 feet long.

It is an idiotic and overblown guesstimate, and when he was called on it, he has done nothing but tap dance ever since.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 10:33 PM
are you suggesting that the only reason we would have a carrier group in the northern arabian sea was to keep tabs on Saddam? HAHAHAHAHA

that's hilarious!

Is it? Every time we entered the Gulf, we went straight to Kuwait. We sat on the Kuwait-Iraq border while the ARG provided air support for Operation Southern Watch.

Matter of fact, the last time I deployed, Saddam rattled his saber and got our liberty in Phuket cut short by two days so we could rush off to flex for him.

You could say the ARGs were a regional show of force. But then, WHO was the only troublemaker in the region at the time? We didn't spend ten minutes even looking in the direction of Iran. We weren't there to impress Saudi Arabia, Qatar or the UAE.

There were approx 4,500 military personnel and an undisclosed amount of aircraft at Prince Sultan Air Force Base in Saudi Arabia from 1990 to 2003, when they transfered to Qatar.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/prince-sultan.htm

In short, we were there to project US force within the region while looking directly at Iraq.

Gunny
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
no argument here...the POINT was...his idiotic statement at the beginning of this whole mess was that keeping an eye on Saddam with the squadron of airforce CAP aircraft, the ground forces in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and the Naval Assets in the gulf and arabian sea who were only partially dedicated to Saddam babysitting took up over a quarter of our military and its financing.....

like I said....then my penis is 35 feet long.

It is an idiotic and overblown guesstimate, and when he was called on it, he has done nothing but tap dance ever since.

I don't dance, jackass, and surely not for the likes of you. If you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?

retiredman
01-17-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't dance, jackass, and surely not for the likes of you. If you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?

OK...if you don't tapdance....just explain how you can say:

"Then there's the fact he was tying up at least a quarter of our military and its financing for over a decade with no end in sight."

and then call the following paraphrase by me a deliberate misquote:

Please Gunny.... explain to me how that sentence does not mean that Saddam was tying up over 25% of our military and its budget for over a decade.

The latter is synonymous with the former. Your quesstimate is ridiculous. I called you on it. Rather than say I misquoted you deliberately when I most certainly did NOT...why not just show a modicum of class and say, "you're right, Commander.... I really am not as well versed on this topic as I thought I was."

Don't forget for a moment who started this "steel cage" thread.....

and your big tough move in the "steel cage" to shut us down is: "if you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?"

That's it?

I would have thought a big tough gunny like you would have pulled out the big guns like:

"I'm rubber, you're glue".... or "my Dad is bigger than you Dad"..... why leave the big clubs in the bag?

Steel cage? fuck that...this is more like a sand box or a play pen.

retiredman
01-17-2007, 07:53 AM
Is it? Every time we entered the Gulf, we went straight to Kuwait. We sat on the Kuwait-Iraq border while the ARG provided air support for Operation Southern Watch.

You talk about Ampibious Ready Groups. I talked about Carrier Battle Groups. Apples and Oranges. I happen to have spent two dreadfully long IO deployments with a Carrier Battle Group in the northern Arabian sea and I can tell you that our mission there had a lot more strategic breadth than Iraq.

Gunny
01-17-2007, 02:33 PM
OK...if you don't tapdance....just explain how you can say:

"Then there's the fact he was tying up at least a quarter of our military and its financing for over a decade with no end in sight."

and then call the following paraphrase by me a deliberate misquote:

The latter is synonymous with the former. Your quesstimate is ridiculous. I called you on it. Rather than say I misquoted you deliberately when I most certainly did NOT...why not just show a modicum of class and say, "you're right, Commander.... I really am not as well versed on this topic as I thought I was."

Don't forget for a moment who started this "steel cage" thread.....

and your big tough move in the "steel cage" to shut us down is: "if you don't like my guesstimate, tough fucking shit, huh?"

That's it?

I would have thought a big tough gunny like you would have pulled out the big guns like:

"I'm rubber, you're glue".... or "my Dad is bigger than you Dad"..... why leave the big clubs in the bag?

Steel cage? fuck that...this is more like a sand box or a play pen.

I've explained it numerous times in two different threads. I'm through explaining it. Your purposeful lack of comprehension so you can keep harping on something that is irrelevant is intellectually dishonest.

I wasn't aware I was making "big move," dipshit. All I did was get your whiney-ass ranting contained to one thread in a forum appropriate to whiney-ass ranting.

Gunny
01-17-2007, 02:40 PM
You talk about Ampibious Ready Groups. I talked about Carrier Battle Groups. Apples and Oranges. I happen to have spent two dreadfully long IO deployments with a Carrier Battle Group in the northern Arabian sea and I can tell you that our mission there had a lot more strategic breadth than Iraq.

Were you deployed there between 1990 and 2003? Because if you weren't, it doesn't really matter what you were there for within the context of this discussion, does it?

retiredman
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I've explained it numerous times in two different threads. I'm through explaining it. Your purposeful lack of comprehension so you can keep harping on something that is irrelevant is intellectually dishonest.

I wasn't aware I was making "big move," dipshit. All I did was get your whiney-ass ranting contained to one thread in a forum appropriate to whiney-ass ranting.

your explanation was - and remains - nonsensical....a tap dance. Your initial statement was that you thought that the effort to contain Saddam had consumed a quarter of our military effort for over a decade.... I paraphrased it and you claimed I was misquoting you deliberately.... you are wrong. What I typed and what you typed are synonymous...and the 25% guesstimate is patently ridiculous.

I understand yours was a guess..... like I guess the length of my cock to be 35 feet. same thing. equally stupid.

retiredman
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Were you deployed there between 1990 and 2003? Because if you weren't, it doesn't really matter what you were there for within the context of this discussion, does it?

who cares whether I was deployed to the persian gulf during those years? Do you think that my knowledge of force structure and strategic mission throughout my career was limited to my own unit? I know what carrier battle groups do and what their purpose is in all theaters.

To dumb it down to a gunny level....do you think that your skill at opening an MRE goes away when you move to another area of operation?

Ask yourself if you would be questioning a marine Lieutenant Colonel about his knowledge of Amphibious Ready Groups.

Gunny
01-17-2007, 10:34 PM
your explanation was - and remains - nonsensical....a tap dance. Your initial statement was that you thought that the effort to contain Saddam had consumed a quarter of our military effort for over a decade.... I paraphrased it and you claimed I was misquoting you deliberately.... you are wrong. What I typed and what you typed are synonymous...and the 25% guesstimate is patently ridiculous.

I understand yours was a guess..... like I guess the length of my cock to be 35 feet. same thing. equally stupid.

***yawn***

Gunny
01-17-2007, 10:39 PM
who cares whether I was deployed to the persian gulf during those years? Do you think that my knowledge of force structure and strategic mission throughout my career was limited to my own unit? I know what carrier battle groups do and what their purpose is in all theaters.

To dumb it down to a gunny level....do you think that your skill at opening an MRE goes away when you move to another area of operation?

Ask yourself if you would be questioning a marine Lieutenant Colonel about his knowledge of Amphibious Ready Groups.

Nice try, Lord Admiral Nelson, but no sale. The relevancy to my question is that if you were not in the Arabian Sea between 1990 and 2003, then when you WERE there it would NOT have been for Saddam.

Had nothing to do with your knowledge of force structure, and everything to do with the different purposes for which you were there and I was there.

If and when I didn't agree with Marine LtCol's, I questioned them every time. You may think that shiney shit on your collar makes you something special, but I assure it does not. It is however a really good identifier for target acquisition.

retiredman
01-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Look...I wouldn't think to tell you how to run a squad of jarheads...please don't presume to tell me what I know or don't know about what carrrier battle groups around the globe are there to do.

and gunny.... I was chewing up E-7s smarter than you when you were still in grade school.

Get your shit together or go try to pick on someone else.

Gunny
01-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Look...I wouldn't think to tell you how to run a squad of jarheads...please don't presume to tell me what I know or don't know about what carrrier battle groups around the globe are there to do.

and gunny.... I was chewing up E-7s smarter than you when you were still in grade school.

:lmao: Trying to pull rank on a message board? That's about as desperate as it can get.

You ain't chewed up nothing here, you ain't about to, and you never could, even when I was in gradeschool.

I'll tell you what a carrier battle group is there to do if you're wrong. Each and every time.

Gaffer
01-17-2007, 11:23 PM

Most E-7's I knew would make life pretty miserable for an elitist officer. E-7's 8's and 9's are what makes the military work.

And you were chewing them out when Gunny was in grade school? Somehow the time frame seems a little off here.

retiredman
01-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Most E-7's I knew would make life pretty miserable for an elitist officer. E-7's 8's and 9's are what makes the military work.

And you were chewing them out when Gunny was in grade school? Somehow the time frame seems a little off here.

1. I wasn't an "elitist officer"
2. I have been retired (as an O-5) for nearly 15 years now. I assumed that Gunny was in grade school in the 70's. The math is based on that assumption.... adjust accordingly if the age is incorrect (i.e. if he was in high school in the 70's.... replace "grade school" with "high school") got it?

retiredman
01-18-2007, 08:13 AM
:lmao: Trying to pull rank on a message board? That's about as desperate as it can get.

You ain't chewed up nothing here, you ain't about to, and you never could, even when I was in gradeschool.

I'll tell you what a carrier battle group is there to do if you're wrong. Each and every time.

I am not pulling rank...I am merely stating facts. I know a lot about my service and I am sure you know a lot about yours. I wouldn't pretend to tell you what to do at a beachhead of an amphibious assault. I am sure you would find such uninformed presumptiousness to be insulting. Put the shoe on the other foot and try not to assume that you know more than me about what I did for MY career.

Gunny
01-18-2007, 09:34 AM
I am not pulling rank...I am merely stating facts. I know a lot about my service and I am sure you know a lot about yours. I wouldn't pretend to tell you what to do at a beachhead of an amphibious assault. I am sure you would find such uninformed presumptiousness to be insulting. Put the shoe on the other foot and try not to assume that you know more than me about what I did for MY career.

I am not presuming to know more about the Navy than you. I am presuming to know what the ARGs I was assigned to from Desert Shield 90 onward were assigned to do.

retiredman
01-18-2007, 11:03 AM
I am not presuming to know more about the Navy than you. I am presuming to know what the ARGs I was assigned to from Desert Shield 90 onward were assigned to do.

but yet, this is how the topic was broached:

I said:
"are you suggesting that the only reason we would have a carrier group in the northern arabian sea was to keep tabs on Saddam? HAHAHAHAHA

that's hilarious!
to which you replied:

"Is it? Every time we entered the Gulf, we went straight to Kuwait. We sat on the Kuwait-Iraq border while the ARG provided air support for Operation Southern Watch."

All I am saying is that I am sure you know what amphibious ready groups do more than me.... just as I am sure that I know what carrier battle groups do more than you. And I certainly have a better developed sense of what the costs are for such an operation as a percentage of the defense department budget. Now...do you really want to dispute that?

Roomy
01-18-2007, 12:56 PM

I said:
"are you suggesting that the only reason we would have a carrier group in the northern arabian sea was to keep tabs on Saddam? HAHAHAHAHA

that's hilarious!
to which you replied:

"Is it? Every time we entered the Gulf, we went straight to Kuwait. We sat on the Kuwait-Iraq border while the ARG provided air support for Operation Southern Watch."

All I am saying is that I am sure you know what amphibious ready groups do more than me.... just as I am sure that I know what carrier battle groups do more than you. And I certainly have a better developed sense of what the costs are for such an operation as a percentage of the defense department budget. Now...do you really want to dispute that?

Should we start calling you God now or later?:D

retiredman
01-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Should we start calling you God now or later?:D

no...you could avoid calling me anything or addressing me in any way...that would be extra special...

but if you must, "God" is way to presumptious....

"Commander" would be appropriate.

can I go with "twit" for you in return? If not, how does "douchebag" work for you?

OCA
01-18-2007, 03:20 PM
can I go with "twit" for you in return? If not, how does "douchebag" work for you?

Those would be most appropriate terms for him and could never be overused.

Grumplestillskin
01-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Lotsa mirrors around here...:)

OCA
01-18-2007, 03:32 PM
When I look in the mirror I see a virle friggin stud, admired by many, loved by all.

What do you see beyond the cracks?

Grumplestillskin
01-18-2007, 03:35 PM
I didn't realise you worked in the House of Mirrors at the Freak Show. Makes sense now....

OCA
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I didn't realise you worked in the House of Mirrors at the Freak Show. Makes sense now....

Excellent comeback, maybe you will do better next year when you go to middle school.

Practice makes perfect, always remember that.

Grumplestillskin
01-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Practice makes perfect, always remember that.

Methinks somebody around here needs to take their own advice. However having posted around you for the best part of six month, you're like a goldfish...

OCA
01-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Methinks somebody around here needs to take their own advice. However having posted around you for the best part of six month, you're like a goldfish...

Another excellent one! Man you are rolling today! Keep it up because laughter is the best medicine.:lmao:

Grumplestillskin
01-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Another excellent one! Man you are rolling today! Keep it up because laughter is the best medicine.:lmao:

What can I say? You're an easy mark....:D

OCA
01-18-2007, 04:39 PM
What can I say? You're an easy mark....:D

Well then you need target practice.....or a bigger gun.

Gunny
01-18-2007, 06:00 PM

I said:

that's hilarious!
to which you replied:

The ARG is part of a carrier battle group.

And for all of your bluster and dragging things out, you have not PROVEN you have a better developed sense of what the costs are such an operation as a percentage of the DoD budget.

I await you posting a link to support your argument.

retiredman
01-18-2007, 06:19 PM
post links? Jesus! How lazy are you? Do you even get up from behind your computer when you have to crap or do you just wear a depends and not worry about it?

Go google "DoD 2006 Budget" I ain't your school teacher!

If you don't want to do that, you'll just have to take my word for it that my cock is 35 feet long.

Gunny
01-18-2007, 06:42 PM
post links? Jesus! How lazy are you? Do you even get up from behind your computer when you have to crap or do you just wear a depends and not worry about it?

Go google "DoD 2006 Budget" I ain't your school teacher!

If you don't want to do that, you'll just have to take my word for it that my cock is 35 feet long.

Sorry Charlie, no sale.

You clearly made the assertion that you "have a better developed sense of what the costs are such an operation as a percentage of the DoD budget."

The same rules you have ranted and raved over like a 2-years old for three days apply to you as they do me:

Substantiate your claim.

Hint: The 2006 budget is irrelvant to the discussion. We were speaking of Iraq pre-invasion.

Grumplestillskin
01-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Well then you need target practice.....or a bigger gun.

Don't know how I can better a bullseye every time....and I think I'll stick with my spud gun - seems to be having the desired effect...

OCA
01-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't know how I can better a bullseye every time....and I think I'll stick with my spud gun - seems to be having the desired effect...

Chump your the dead mouse and i'm the cat, i'm just gonna paw you around a little before I have you mixed with tender vittles for dinner.

Face it brother, i've got you pegged, you sooooooooooooo want to be a mod here that it kills you not to be one because by golly your just so much smarter than the average bear and sure as hell smarter than OCA but dammit that OCA has something over me, he's privy to all the inside shit, maybe i'm not so smart after all. LMFAO!

Anyway you got your woman who saves your ass from being obliterated constantly to keep you informed, you two wear the same skirt size?

retiredman
01-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Sorry Charlie, no sale.

You clearly made the assertion that you "have a better developed sense of what the costs are such an operation as a percentage of the DoD budget."

The same rules you have ranted and raved over like a 2-years old for three days apply to you as they do me:

Substantiate your claim.

Hint: The 2006 budget is irrelvant to the discussion. We were speaking of Iraq pre-invasion.

then google the 2000 DoD budget. I do not have the time nor the interest nor the inclination to play these crazy games with you anymore than you would want to engage in a google search to proove that my penis was not 35 feet long. For you to suggest that the costs of less than a tenth of our Navy and a three squadrons at most of air force CAP assets and an amphibious ready group OR TWO equated to a quarter of ourDoD budget during the years in question is really as ridiculous as my assertions about penis length. Honestly. When one considers the enormous amount of money that goes into Operations and maintenance, Military Personnel, Procurement , Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation, Military Construction, and Department of Energy Defense Activities .. and you want to say that a couple of carrier groups and an ARG or two and a two or three Air Force fighter squadrons all positioned to keep a lid on Saddam combined ate up a full twenty-five percent of all of that $400+ BILLION budget....it really is as laughable as my 35 foot dick...honestly.

Grumplestillskin
01-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Chump your the dead mouse and i'm the cat, i'm just gonna paw you around a little before I have you mixed with tender vittles for dinner.

More like you're the fish and I'm the rod...and I just keep reeling you in time after time...

Face it brother, i've got you pegged, you sooooooooooooo want to be a mod here

Being privy to all the info going around, you do know that John asked me if I was interested in the job, and I turned him down, right? And I suggested Jillian? You do know this?

because by golly your just so much smarter than the average bear and sure as hell smarter than OCA but dammit that OCA has something over me, he's privy to all the inside shit, maybe i'm not so smart after all. LMFAO!

Two things: 1) I may or may not be smarter than the average bear, but you are right, I am smarter than you. Then again, my four year old is, so that is no great shakes. Two main reasons I was not interested in being a mod were 1) I don't like moderation 2) I DEFINITELY do not want to know ANY inside shit....

Anyway you got your woman who saves your ass from being obliterated constantly

Who by? You? RATFLMAO..I actually laughed out loud at that one! Heh. OK, so you do have a sense of humour - kudos!

you two wear the same skirt size?

Dunno, about the same size as you and your boyfriend's bra size...double D?? BTW, the irony is not lost on me re skirt size, because if there is one person on this board and the USMB, who hid behind a skirt, it wasn't me.

Roomy
01-19-2007, 03:06 AM
no...you could avoid calling me anything or addressing me in any way...that would be extra special...

but if you must, "God" is way to presumptious....

"Commander" would be appropriate.

You can call me anything you like, it doesn't bother me one bit.If you hadn't been a liar I may have cared a little, but even then, not a lot.:D

Commander Hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahah......... ...........hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhaha, you dillussional egomaniac, you must be typing from a mental institution or something.

You can call me Admiral hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah.

Roomy
01-19-2007, 03:09 AM

Face it brother, i've got you pegged, you sooooooooooooo want to be a mod here that it kills you not to be one because by golly your just so much smarter than the average bear and sure as hell smarter than OCA but dammit that OCA has something over me, he's privy to all the inside shit, maybe i'm not so smart after all. LMFAO!

Anyway you got your woman who saves your ass from being obliterated constantly to keep you informed, you two wear the same skirt size?

Life would be so much easier for you if you accepted your disability and learned to live with it.:)

OCA
01-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Being privy to all the info going around, you do know that John asked me if I was interested in the job, and I turned him down, right? And I suggested Jillian? You do know this?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You actually thought i'd buy that! What a douchebag!

Never happened......but if it did Johnny was too embarrassed to tell anybody else.

jillian
01-19-2007, 07:09 AM

Never happened......but if it did Johnny was too embarrassed to tell anybody else.

What do you think made John think of me? :uhoh:

***Note: I didn't edit the above.... just hit edit by accident and it left an editing mark when I exited out to hit quote to respond to your post... sorry. Still getting used to the bells and whistles.

retiredman
01-19-2007, 07:40 AM
You can call me anything you like, it doesn't bother me one bit.If you hadn't been a liar I may have cared a little, but even then, not a lot.:D

Commander Hahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahhahahah......... ...........hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhaha, you dillussional egomaniac, you must be typing from a mental institution or something.

You can call me Admiral hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah.

folks have warned me about you..that you love to push people's buttons for no apparent reason. Here's the deal: I have never lied on this or any other site. I really am a retired navy commander... so if you really just want to toss verbal molotov cocktails at me and not discuss anything, maybe we should just agree to disagree and then avoid one another. How would that work for you?

Roomy
01-19-2007, 07:53 AM
folks have warned me about you..that you love to push people's buttons for no apparent reason. Here's the deal: I have never lied on this or any other site. I really am a retired navy commander... so if you really just want to toss verbal molotov cocktails at me and not discuss anything, maybe we should just agree to disagree and then avoid one another. How would that work for you?

You flamed me with your first response and continued in the same vein, now you don't fucking like it when you get some back.Like I said before, the Navy is a better service without the likes of you.So no can do Commander, If I have something to say, I will say it.

Admiral.
;)

OCA
01-19-2007, 08:08 AM
What do you think made John think of me? :uhoh:

***Note: I didn't edit the above.... just hit edit by accident and it left an editing mark when I exited out to hit quote to respond to your post... sorry. Still getting used to the bells and whistles.

You expect me to believe that Johnny thought of Chump before you? LMFAO!

There would have been a board revolt, most think he's a joke because he pulls something out of his ass and pronounces it as profound and provocative.

Like I said if that happened Johnny was too embarrassed to say it publicly, he was probably rebuked when he brought the idea up.

retiredman
01-19-2007, 08:27 AM
You flamed me with your first response and continued in the same vein, now you don't fucking like it when you get some back.Like I said before, the Navy is a better service without the likes of you.So no can do Commander, If I have something to say, I will say it.

Admiral.
;)

as will I...

jillian
01-19-2007, 09:14 AM
You expect me to believe that Johnny thought of Chump before you? LMFAO!

There would have been a board revolt, most think he's a joke because he pulls something out of his ass and pronounces it as profound and provocative.

Like I said if that happened Johnny was too embarrassed to say it publicly, he was probably rebuked when he brought the idea up.

Don't know that it ever got that far. Grump told him he wasn't interested and recommended me. I think the only one who would have "revolted" was you. :p

Gunny
01-19-2007, 11:34 AM
then google the 2000 DoD budget. I do not have the time nor the interest nor the inclination to play these crazy games with you anymore than you would want to engage in a google search to proove that my penis was not 35 feet long. For you to suggest that the costs of less than a tenth of our Navy and a three squadrons at most of air force CAP assets and an amphibious ready group OR TWO equated to a quarter of ourDoD budget during the years in question is really as ridiculous as my assertions about penis length. Honestly. When one considers the enormous amount of money that goes into Operations and maintenance, Military Personnel, Procurement , Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation, Military Construction, and Department of Energy Defense Activities .. and you want to say that a couple of carrier groups and an ARG or two and a two or three Air Force fighter squadrons all positioned to keep a lid on Saddam combined ate up a full twenty-five percent of all of that $400+ BILLION budget....it really is as laughable as my 35 foot dick...honestly.

What you have the time, interest, and/or inclination to do is irrelevant as well as the size of your dick; which, apparently is quite an obsession with you since you can't shut up about it.

The folks are watching. You going to prove your assertion? Or stand by your blatantly obvious double-standard?

retiredman
01-19-2007, 12:09 PM
what double standard? I am not asking you to prove your 25% guesstimate.

I am not so sadistic as to demand you spend hours using search engines looking for something that doesn't exist.

It is silly on its face. Anyone who knows what an aircraft carrier costs or a B-1 bomber or the annual upkeep of a slew of military facilities across the nation knows that 25% is silly. Off the top of my head, I'd imagine that the money they spent during those years to just operate and maintain and staff the pentagon alone was more than the operations in the gulf between the wars.... but I sure as hell ain't gonna go research Pentagon OPTAR figures to prove that....

Gunny
01-19-2007, 12:11 PM
what double standard? I am not asking you to prove your 25% guesstimate.

Yeah you did. Repeatedly.

I am not so sadistic as to demand you spend hours using search engines looking for something that doesn't exist.

It is silly on its face. Anyone who knows what an aircraft carrier costs or a B-1 bomber or the annual upkeep of a slew of military facilities across the nation knows that 25% is silly. Off the top of my head, I'd imagine that the money they spent during those years to just operate and maintain and staff the pentagon alone was more than the operations in the gulf between the wars.... but I sure as hell ain't gonna go research Pentagon OPTAR figures to prove that....

Uh huh.:rolleyes:

Grumplestillskin
01-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Sure he was....;)

Grumplestillskin
01-19-2007, 01:13 PM
There would have been a board revolt, .

Is that why you have twice as many posts as me and your rep is still stuck on 10? You are just so well liked around here....:lol:

OCA
01-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Is that why you have twice as many posts as me and your rep is still stuck on 10? You are just so well liked around here....:lol:

Fortunately my self esteem is not tied to reputation unlike you. Hey let me check but i'll bet that better than 80% of your reps come form your protector, Jilly.

What a dork.

Face it, i'll always be 1 up on you, your my beotch!:2up:

Grumplestillskin
01-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Fortunately my self esteem is not tied to reputation unlike you. Hey let me check but i'll bet that better than 80% of your reps come form your protector, Jilly.

What a dork.

Face it, i'll always be 1 up on you, your my beotch!:2up:

Be my guest. Check it out...:thumb: You'd be wrong. :D Rep isn't that important to me at all - in fact if Jim could completely disable it, I'd be in for that, but unfortunately when it is switched off, you can still see it. But it just amuses me that the self-professed stud of the board vs, the board parasite (in your opinion of course) is about as popular as a dose of the clap. Like ALL of your opinions, what you think you are, and what the reality is, are complete opposites. And I know me handing your ass to you on plate every time just eats away at you, even though you have a hide of a rhino...

As for Jillian, at least I don't start shit, then get her to ban people like you do...and you're a mod for chrissakes....:D

One up on me? hhhmmmm..I have this mental picture of you. I reckon you look a lot like Danny Devito, with four caveats - He's taller than you, thinner than you, better looking than you, and has more hair than you. C'mon, indulge me. I'm right, right.

OCA
01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Be my guest. Check it out...:thumb: You'd be wrong. :D Rep isn't that important to me at all - in fact if Jim could completely disable it, I'd be in for that, but unfortunately when it is switched off, you can still see it. But it just amuses me that the self-professed stud of the board vs, the board parasite (in your opinion of course) is about as popular as a dose of the clap. Like ALL of your opinions, what you think you are, and what the reality is, are complete opposites. And I know me handing your ass to you on plate every time just eats away at you, even though you have a hide of a rhino...

As for Jillian, at least I don't start shit, then get her to ban people like you do...and you're a mod for chrissakes....:D

One up on me? hhhmmmm..I have this mental picture of you. I reckon you look a lot like Danny Devito, with four caveats - He's taller than you, thinner than you, better looking than you, and has more hair than you. C'mon, indulge me. I'm right, right.

Lol, first you try to dog me on rep and then say you don't really care about rep, which is it?

2nd lol, that was fucking funny when you got banned, wasn't it? Funny thing is though I didn't run to anyone, Darin ran across your vile screed and we discussed and felt that banning you was VERY appropriate, I can't help it that Jimmy is a big softy and let you get back on or maybe you offered to suck him off, don't know.

Do you and Jilly share beauty secrets and scrunchies?:D

I'm so fucking good looking that you'd probably want to fuck me....but then again evey stud you se in leather turns your crank, don't they Boy George?

Why don't you give up this charade, you don't have what it takes to battle with me, i'm simply have too much game for you.

Grumplestillskin
01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Lol, first you try to dog me on rep and then say you don't really care about rep, which is it?

2nd lol, that was fucking funny when you got banned, wasn't it? Funny thing is though I didn't run to anyone, Darin ran across your vile screed and we discussed and felt that banning you was VERY appropriate, I can't help it that Jimmy is a big softy and let you get back on or maybe you offered to suck him off, don't know.

Do you and Jilly share beauty secrets and scrunchies?

I'm so fucking good looking that you'd probably want to fuck me....but then again evey stud you se in leather turns your crank, don't they Boy George?

Why don't you give up this charade, you don't have what it takes to battle with me, i'm simply have too much game for you.

Pointing out a snippet and caring about it are two different things...:lol:

LOL re Drain running across my "vile" screed. I was only responding in kind..:2up: Funny thing is, the first three bannings I came across were me once and RWA twice. On all three occasions, you did the stirring, Darin did the banning. As I said, hiding behind another's skirts seems to be your forte...most cowards are like that...;) Jim, just being the normal kinda guy he is, saw two idiots being idiots.

Do you and Darin share anal probes? heh

LOL re being good looking - hell, even the Elephant Man thought he was good looking...:wink2:

Yeah, you're a real character...lol

Roomy
01-20-2007, 10:23 AM

I had the same picture in my head, I only wish I could have put it down in writing, I owe you some rep.:laugh:

OCA
01-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Pointing out a snippet and caring about it are two different things...:lol:

LOL re Drain running across my "vile" screed. I was only responding in kind..:2up: Funny thing is, the first three bannings I came across were me once and RWA twice. On all three occasions, you did the stirring, Darin did the banning. As I said, hiding behind another's skirts seems to be your forte...most cowards are like that...;) Jim, just being the normal kinda guy he is, saw two idiots being idiots.

Do you and Darin share anal probes? heh

LOL re being good looking - hell, even the Elephant Man thought he was good looking...:wink2:

Yeah, you're a real character...lol

Uhhhh jackoff, I personally banned RWA 3 times. If you are going to lie at least make an attempt to do it halfassed, this wasn't even halfassed.

OCA
01-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I had the same picture in my head, I only wish I could have put it down in writing, I owe you some rep.:laugh:

Rommy, you are a joke, a bad joke.

You are my 2nd bitch.

Hey it was funny as hell when I bumped that ban to 3 months, wasn't it?:dev:

OCA
01-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Anyway gents its clear to anyone who followed this exchange that I have cleary retained my title belt as "heavyweight champ", continue if you must but the pressing issues of the day require my attention, playing with two losers who are using old pc's down at the Salvation Army mission doesn't.

Keep on if you must.

Grumplestillskin
01-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Uhhhh jackoff, I personally banned RWA 3 times. If you are going to lie at least make an attempt to do it halfassed, this wasn't even halfassed.

I did use the words "I came across" for a reason fool. You could have banned him a 100 times for all I know...

Grumplestillskin
01-20-2007, 04:40 PM
Anyway gents its clear to anyone who followed this exchange that I have cleary retained my title belt as "heavyweight champ", continue if you must but the pressing issues of the day require my attention, playing with two losers who are using old pc's down at the Salvation Army mission doesn't.

Keep on if you must.

Ah the old "trying to retire with dignity after having your ass handed to you on a plate, while sending off a last barb" trick. If you gonna retire with your tail between your legs, at least try and do it gracefully Zorba...Ciao...

Roomy
01-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Rommy, you are a joke, a bad joke.

You are my 2nd bitch.

Hey it was funny as hell when I bumped that ban to 3 months, wasn't it?:dev:

It was predictable given that you are you.:)

stephanie
01-21-2007, 04:56 AM
It was predictable given that you are you.:)

rommy.......stay out of this one.........

you have know idea WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.......:

Roomy
01-21-2007, 05:07 AM

it has nothing to do with you...:beer:

You all go for it.........

We will decide..????

Yes it has, are you blind or deliberately flaming, who do you think it is to do with?One thing is for certain, it has absolutely nothing at all to do with you.:no:

stephanie
01-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Yes it has, are you blind or deliberately flaming, who do you think it is to do with?One thing is for certain, it has absolutely nothing at all to do with you.:no:

HUH??????

:2up: :beer:

Please explaine whatever the hell you just said.....above...:dunno:

stephanie
01-21-2007, 05:23 AM
I was trying to say, rommy... That it was great that some were involved in our politics... and some were good and some???

But since you want to jump my shit....:lmao:

stephanie
01-21-2007, 05:42 AM
rommy......

I am truly stunned, by your address to me;???

I was trying to stand by you, and say I can hear what your saying...\

Your hateful and stick a knife into my back...

I wish that your all we're as lovable as you all portray yourselves you are...

I like you all.........:beer: But, I will watch my back....... :dunno:

Roomy
01-21-2007, 07:32 AM
rommy......

I am truly stunned, by your address to me;???

I was trying to stand by you, and say I can hear what your saying...\

Your hateful and stick a knife into my back...

I wish that your all we're as lovable as you all portray yourselves you are...

I like you all.........:beer: But, I will watch my back....... :dunno:

Stefanny

I like you too:)

OCA
01-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Ah the old "trying to retire with dignity after having your ass handed to you on a plate, while sending off a last barb" trick. If you gonna retire with your tail between your legs, at least try and do it gracefully Zorba...Ciao...

No, more like i'm poking sticks at the dried up turd in the dirt........or i'm stabbing continuously the dead body. I'm engaging in overkill with you.

Anyway a troll such as yourself is really a waste of my time but......I will see you from time to time when I need the comedic relief.

OCA
01-21-2007, 11:39 AM

you have know idea WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT.......:

Steph he can't help it, he's a sadomasochistic glutton for punishment.

Roomy
01-21-2007, 12:39 PM
Steph he can't help it, he's a sadomasochistic glutton for punishment.

:lmao: are you bitter about getting the sack?:wink2:

OCA
01-21-2007, 12:47 PM
:lmao: are you bitter about getting the sack?:wink2:

Excellent reply Roomy, get back to me after your Wiggles espisode is over.

Lol the board douchebag!

Roomy
01-22-2007, 02:30 AM
Excellent reply Roomy, get back to me after your Wiggles espisode is over.

Lol the board douchebag!

Was I too cruel?:)