PDA

View Full Version : Obama Quietly Authorizes 13,000 More U.S. Troops for Afghanistan

-Cp
10-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Didn't Obama pledge to "bring the troops home" during his campaign? just sayin........

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/13/obama-authorizes-troops-afghanistan/

darin
10-13-2009, 04:56 AM
He's bringing them home BY deploying them. It's clear you are full of hate for questioning Lord Obama. Your mind should be cleansed.

red states rule
10-13-2009, 06:09 AM
So now the Nobel Peace prize winner send troops off to war?

This will not sit well with his kook base, Reid, and Pelosi

Nevermind 40,000 troops were said to be needed. I guess Obama knows more then his Generals

CSM
10-13-2009, 07:04 AM
Smoke and mirrors.

The end result is the same number of troops on the ground as we have right now. It's in keeping of with this administrations actions so far which is to give the appearance of doing something while actually accomplishing nothing. They get very prestigious awards for doing that.

red states rule
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Smoke and mirrors.

The end result is the same number of troops on the ground as we have right now. It's in keeping of with this administrations actions so far which is to give the appearance of doing something while actually accomplishing nothing. They get very prestigious awards for doing that.

Like with Iraq, Dems are determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in Afghanistan

Trigg
10-13-2009, 11:11 AM
I guess all those years in the Illinois senate voting present are finally paying off. He's very good at NOT taking a stand, but looking like he is.:lame2:

Noir
10-13-2009, 11:37 AM
I would hardly say its been done "quietly" heck, i made a post a few days ago when it was discussed on a british politics show that he was going to increase the troop numbers, somewhere in the region of 10,000 to 40,000. So if we've been reporting on i i would assume you guys have aswell.

I would of thought this policy would of gone down more favourably on this forum that it seems too...

CSM
10-13-2009, 12:12 PM
I would hardly say its been done "quietly" heck, i made a post a few days ago when it was discussed on a british politics show that he was going to increase the troop numbers, somewhere in the region of 10,000 to 40,000. So if we've been reporting on i i would assume you guys have aswell.

I would of thought this policy would of gone down more favourably on this forum that it seems too...

IMO, the US either gives the commander on the ground what he asks for (40,000 plus) or we get the heck out of there. Half measures like this accomplish nothing (something the current administration seems to pride itself on) except to prolong the inevitable.

Personally, I would rather see us withdraw all troops from the Middle East and let the chips fall where they may.