PDA

View Full Version : Only in the Obamanation....

Silver
10-13-2009, 07:44 PM
http://www.katu.com/news/local/64059697.html

Only in the Obamanation......

ALBANY, Ore. - At the Oaks Apartments in Albany, the management can fly their own flag advertising one and two bedroom apartments - but residents have been told they can't fly any flags at all.

Jim Clausen flies the American flag from the back of his motorcycle. He has a son in the military heading back to Iraq, and the flag - he said - is his way of showing support.

"This flag stands for all those people," said Clausen, an Oaks Apartment resident. "It stands for the people that can no longer stand - who died in wars. That's why I fly this flag."

But to Oaks Apartment management, Clausen said, the American flag symbolizes problems.

He was told to remove the red, white and blue from both of his rides, or face eviction.

"It floored me," he said. "I can't believe she was saying what she was saying."

Even long-time residents like Sharron White, who has flown a flag on her car for eight years, has been told to take it down.

White said management told her that "someone might get offended."

"I just said to her 'They'll just have to get over it,'" White said.

Resident we talked to who had been approached to take down their flags all told us the same thing: that management told them the flags could be offensive because they live in a diverse community.

Attempts to find out for ourselves why management would ban flags were unsuccessful. KATU wanted to talk to management at Oaks Apartments, but no one has returned our calls. The woman we were told had made the decision said she was "not going to answer any questions."

Other than Maineman, I go out on a limb and guess there might even be some Democrats that find this shit just as insane as I do....

maineman
10-13-2009, 08:04 PM

ALBANY, Ore. - At the Oaks Apartments in Albany, the management can fly their own flag advertising one and two bedroom apartments - but residents have been told they can't fly any flags at all.

Jim Clausen flies the American flag from the back of his motorcycle. He has a son in the military heading back to Iraq, and the flag - he said - is his way of showing support.

"This flag stands for all those people," said Clausen, an Oaks Apartment resident. "It stands for the people that can no longer stand - who died in wars. That's why I fly this flag."

But to Oaks Apartment management, Clausen said, the American flag symbolizes problems.

He was told to remove the red, white and blue from both of his rides, or face eviction.

"It floored me," he said. "I can't believe she was saying what she was saying."

Even long-time residents like Sharron White, who has flown a flag on her car for eight years, has been told to take it down.

White said management told her that "someone might get offended."

"I just said to her 'They'll just have to get over it,'" White said.

Resident we talked to who had been approached to take down their flags all told us the same thing: that management told them the flags could be offensive because they live in a diverse community.

Attempts to find out for ourselves why management would ban flags were unsuccessful. KATU wanted to talk to management at Oaks Apartments, but no one has returned our calls. The woman we were told had made the decision said she was "not going to answer any questions."

Other than Maineman, I go out on a limb and guess there might even be some Democrats that find this shit just as insane as I do....

I would fight that eviction notice. a tenant flying a flag on a vehicle is no business of a landlord.

Silver
10-13-2009, 08:26 PM
I would fight that eviction notice. a tenant flying a flag on a vehicle is no business of a landlord.

Would you be surprised to learn that your old friend "Yurt" sees nothing wrong with it....?????:salute:
Thanks for the -rep!

maineman
10-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Would you be surprised to learn that your old friend "Yurt" sees nothing wrong with it....?????:salute:
Thanks for the -rep!

are you suggesting that yurt thinks that the landlord is within his rights to tell people to take american flags off their vehicles?

that would surprise me a little, I guess, but maybe he's just figuring out the angles from an ambulance chaser's perspective.

and thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Bravo!

darin
10-13-2009, 08:55 PM
If the leasees aggreed via contract to abide by 'no flags' they should face eviction. Let the market decide.

HogTrash
10-14-2009, 03:20 PM

Resident we talked to who had been approached to take down their flags all told us the same thing: that management told them the flags could be offensive because they live in a diverse community.They would have to explain one thing to me before I lowered the flag of my nation.

How could the American Flag possibly offend anyone who immigrated or moved to this country?

If anyone is that offended by America why would they even bother to come here in the first place?

If I hated chicken you wouldn't be seeing me at KFC...The liberal manager is the only one with the problem.

Other than Maineman, I go out on a limb and guess there might even be some Democrats that find this shit just as insane as I do....Democrats maybe but definately no liberals or progressives as some like to be called, will "find this shit just as insane" as the rest of us do.

maineman
10-14-2009, 03:34 PM
They would have to explain one thing to me before I lowered the flag of my nation.

How could the American Flag possibly offend anyone who immigrated or moved to this country?

If anyone is that offended by America why would they even bother to come here in the first place?

If I hated chicken you wouldn't be seeing me at KFC...The liberal manager is the only one with the problem.

Democrats maybe but definately no liberals or progressives as some like to be called, will "find this shit just as insane" as the rest of us do.

I beg to differ. I would think that most all Americans across the political spectrum would find actions that prevent citizens from flying the American flag to be insane shit and utterly objectionable.

HogTrash
10-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I beg to differ. I would think that most all Americans across the political spectrum would find actions that prevent citizens from flying the American flag to be insane shit and utterly objectionable.I agree...Most all would except for the liberals.

They are disgusting America hating lowlifes for the most part.

It doesn't sound as if you have had much experience with real liberals.

maineman
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I agree...Most all would except for the liberals.

They are disgusting America hating lowlifes for the most part.

It doesn't sound as if you have had much experience with real liberals.

seeing as I am a real liberal, I would suggest that the lack of experience might be with you, sir.

HogTrash
10-14-2009, 04:29 PM
seeing as I am a real liberal, I would suggest that the lack of experience might be with you, sir.Believe me when I say, you are a moderate compared to the majority of liberals I have dealt with on other political forums.

Liberals are weak dependent losers who can't feed, bath or dress themselves without government assistance.

Liberals strive for wealth redistribution and a nanny government that will defend and care for them from cradle to grave.

They are marxist pawns and America haters who will always side with and defend America's enemies...These are the cold hard facts of life.

Silver
10-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Update

http://www.katu.com/news/local/64262707.html

ALBANY, Ore. -- Flags are OK again at an Albany apartment complex after the property manager reviewed the policy and decided she didn't have the legal standing to ban flags from the exteriors of apartments and vehicles parked at the complex.

"If people want to fly any flag of any nationality, it's their right," said Barb Holcomb with Oaks Apartments.

Looks like the property manager has more legal smarts than our ambulance chasers here....