PDA

View Full Version : mm's new tune....

Silver
10-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Ronald Wilson Reagan

mmmm,mmmm,mmmm!

Indeed, I support a zero option for all nuclear arms. As I've said before, my dream is to see the day when nuclear weapons will be banished from the face of the Earth.....

:mm::lalala::mm:

And still waiting for that Peace Prize....

hjmick
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=24829

Little-Acorn
10-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Who's mm?

maineman
10-14-2009, 07:39 PM
as I said:

4. I can remember NO president who ever said that he wanted a world free of all nuclear weapons.

thank you all for refreshing my memory.

maineman
10-14-2009, 08:04 PM
oh... and maybe you should think about getting a life. You take this shit WAY to seriously.:lol:

darin
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
When we have no nukes, the Aliens will have already won.

glockmail
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
as I said:

4. I can remember NO president who ever said that he wanted a world free of all nuclear weapons.

thank you all for refreshing my memory.

And here's to your banishment, you ignorant fool:

Today, every inhabitant of this planet must contemplate the day when this planet may no longer be habitable. Every man, woman and child lives under a nuclear sword of Damocles hanging by the slenderest of threads, capable of being cut at any moment by accident or miscalculation or by madness. The weapons of war must be abolished before they abolish us… The mere existence of modern weapons … is a sources of horror and discord and distrust.
John F. Kennedy, September 25, 1961

I can’t believe that this world can go on beyond our generation and on down to succeeding generations with this kind of weapon on both sides poised at each other without someday some fool or some maniac or some accident triggering the kind of war that is the end of the line for all of us. And I just think of what a sigh of relief would go up from everyone on this earth if someday–and this is what I have–my hope, way in the back of my head–is that if we start down the road to reduction, maybe one day in doing that, somebody will say, ‘Why not all the way? Let’s get rid of all these things.’
Ronald Reagan, May 16, 1983

Most of the people have been hearing in political dialog from one side, since we’ve been here in the 3 1/2 years, that I somehow have an itchy finger and am going to blow up the world. And that has all been duly reported by so many of you that that is the tone that the people have been getting. And it doesn’t do me any good to tell you that, having seen four wars in my lifetime, I don’t know of anyone, in or out of government, that is more determinedly seeking peace than I am. And my goal is the total elimination of nuclear weapons. If we can get those fellows back to the table and get them to start down that road of mutual reduction, then they might find out what common sense it would mean to eliminate them."
Ronald Reagan, Press Conference, May 22, 1984

We seek the elimination one day of nuclear weapons from the face of the Earth.
Ronald Reagan, Inaugural Address, January 21, 1985

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.
Ronald Reagan, October 20, 1986

As I have indicated in previous statements to the Congress, my central arms control objective has been to reduce substantially, and ultimately to eliminate, nuclear weapons and rid the world of the nuclear threat. The prevention of the spread of nuclear explosives to additional countries is an indispensable part of our efforts to meet this objective. I intend to continue my pursuit of this goal with untiring determination and a profound sense of personal commitment.
Ronald Reagan, March 25, 1988

http://www.randomhouse.com/images/dyn/cover/?source=9781400063079&height=300&maxwidth=170