PDA

View Full Version : PigBoy...I mean Rush...snubbed by NFL, whines incessantly

GW in Ohio
10-15-2009, 09:26 AM
If conservative radio commentator Rush Limbaugh ever had much of a chance to be a minority owner in a successful bid to buy the NFL's St. Louis Rams, it is now over, two league sources have confirmed to SI.com.

In a statement released Wednesday evening by St. Louis Blues chairman Dave Checketts -- who is heading the group that hopes to buy the Rams -- he announced Limbaugh's official exit from the bid. It is believed that Limbaugh's controversial participation would have doomed the group's effort in the eyes of NFL owners. League sources told SI.com that Limbaugh's candidacy in any Rams bid had "zero chance'' of being approved by the league's owners. In his statement, Checketts said Limbaugh's participation had become "a complication and a distraction'' to the group's efforts.

According to league sources, Limbaugh comes with too much troubling baggage in terms of his outspoken views that often intersect the divisive issues of politics and race in America.

Here's what PigBoy....I mean Rush...has to say...

[cue violins & sappy music] Rush: "You know, the bond that you and I have as host and audience is one that the media can't break, despite their efforts for 21 years and it's the single greatest thing I appreciate about my success, that being that it's yours. It wouldn't have happened without you. The fact that you're there each and every day and have been for 21 years is something I can never properly thank you all for other than to say it, and it seems so insufficient when I say it. But I do love you all and I thank you all so much for your support."

[segue to background music.....medley of patriotic music...e.g., America the Beautiful...} Rush:"This is not about the National Football League. It's not about the St. Louis Rams. That's just a subset. This is the latest in a long line of attempts by the left to discredit any of us who believe what we believe."

And Rush goes on and on, ad nauseam....

red states rule
10-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for showing the true side of liberalism GW. Sicne you guys can;t compete in the arean of ideas or have a civil debate with those who disagree with you - you attack

It is clear to everyone the lynch mob mentailty of the left is getting worse

The Rush Limbaugh media lynch mob

Which public figure can be quoted as having said something bigoted and disgusting and it doesn’t matter whether he did or not because he might have? Who can Big Media brand a racist without checking the facts? Who has to prove he did not say something racist, rather than the accuser proving he did?

A pat on the back for anyone who guessed the answer: Rush Limbaugh (OK, the blog headline was a clue). From CNN to MSNBC to ABC, it’s been put about that Limbaugh said this:

I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

It’s also been spread around that he said this, about the death of the man who assassinated Martin Luther King:

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honour? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Here’s CNN’s Rick Sanchez baldly stating at the 1.14 point that Limbaugh made the slavery comment:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cpVbOKYDkos&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cpVbOKYDkos&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Trouble is, he didn’t say either of these outrageous things. And it wasn’t difficult to check, as protein wisdom shows here. They originated from, er, Wikipedia and Wikiquotes. Both quotes ended up in this book - a hit job that doesn’t cite any sources. They’re also included in this internet list posted a year ago and endlessly ripped off ever since.

The irony is, of course, that the people reporting this as fact are the same types who are always denouncing bloggers and the internet as forces of evil intent on destroying proper journalism – proper journalism being the kind that involves checking facts. In the case of Rush Limbaugh, however, it seems to be enough that the intention (i.e. to show the talk radio host is a racist) is considered pure.

Even those who have been primary movers in spreading these malicious falsehoods – which would lead to payouts of hundreds of thousands in British libel courts if lawsuits were ever filed there – are brazenly unapologetic.

Thus, St. Louis Post-Dispatch columnist Bryan Burwell pens this column containing the slavery quote and then follows up with another column with a kind-of-sort-of-well-not-really-at-all mea culpa in which he states that the quote seemed “so in character with the many things that Limbaugh has said before that we didn’t verify it beyond the book”.

OK, so it sounded right and it was on the internet or in a book or something so it was fine to just go ahead and print it as stone-cold fact without any attribution? I wonder which journalism school teaches that?

And Burwell caps it off by implying – nudge, nudge, wink, wink – that Limbaugh’s really lying: “Fine, let’s play along for the time being and take him at his word that he was inaccurately quoted in the Huberman book.” I’m no fan of British libel laws but, again, if that had been printed in the UK it would have led to a hefty payout for aggravated damages.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100013647/the-rush-limbaugh-media-lynch-mob/

CSM
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM

[cue violins & sappy music] Rush: "You know, the bond that you and I have as host and audience is one that the media can't break, despite their efforts for 21 years and it's the single greatest thing I appreciate about my success, that being that it's yours. It wouldn't have happened without you. The fact that you're there each and every day and have been for 21 years is something I can never properly thank you all for other than to say it, and it seems so insufficient when I say it. But I do love you all and I thank you all so much for your support."

[segue to background music.....medley of patriotic music...e.g., America the Beautiful...} Rush:"This is not about the National Football League. It's not about the St. Louis Rams. That's just a subset. This is the latest in a long line of attempts by the left to discredit any of us who believe what we believe."

It's not Rush that brings on the "ad nauseam"!

Little-Acorn
10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
You have to feel sorry for today's liberals. Limbaugh keeps pointing out how unworkable, and even deceitful, their agenda is, giving example after example from both history and modern times. They are unable to refute any of it.

So instead of acknowledging the truth, they start telling lies about him ("Limbaugh is racist", "Limbaugh supports plantation slavery", etc, their smears getting more kooky every day), and proclaiming "everybody knows these things to be true". Without, of course, ever backing up any of them. They even call him names, a practice most bullies gave up after the third grade.

It's getting more and more difficult to be a liberal these days. In part because now that they have the Presidency and the Congress, they can no longer blame anyone else for the failure of their agenda, or explain away the massive opposition from the American people to what they propose.

Too bad, so sad. :D

Insein
10-15-2009, 11:45 AM
The media and the left were successful in their derailment of rush attempting to pruchase an NFL team and here's why that is dangerous. Everyone has the right to their opinion. Everyone has the right to express a dislike for someone else. People do NOT have the right to slander or misrepresent a person in the public.

The NFL was right in their decision based purely on a business standpoint to state that any ownership involving Rush Limbaugh would not help their buisness further. Most of Rush's 21 million listeners are NFL fans already. So his addition would not boost that standpoint. The negative effects that occur from his political nature may hurt the business. That is a truth as well. So they weighed the pros and the cons and decided that he wouldnt be a beneficial addition to the league.

Now the media hype about him being a racist and a bigot take the essence of public figure to a new level. I believe that if a slander case was presented by Rush to a court of law, he would indeed win. The reason is that his character was damaged and it cost him in possible financial situations because of this. It would place the burdon on the defendant to prove that he is actually a racist. When they fail to prove any of this based on his words or actions, then they would lose. Rush would never do this of course because he understands that its the nature of the profession he has chosen.

stephanie
10-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Remember my favorite saying.....scratch a Progressive liberal, find a FACIST..

the left thinks they WON or Accomplished something with this, they did, they showed people just how far they will go to crush any American citizen who wants to own or buy a business...

the Amercian people will see this for what it really is and I believe they will come out against it...

Lets Roll people

red states rule
10-16-2009, 07:22 AM

the left thinks they WON or Accomplished something with this, they did, they showed people just how far they will go to crush any American citizen who wants to own or buy a business...

the Amercian people will see this for what it really is and I believe they will come out against it...

Lets Roll people

The left is doing what they do best

They are using their usual race-baiting tactics, openly lying in public about someone they hate with a passion, and slandering the person

They also apply pressure to intetfere wih his personal business dealings - all in an effot to show howtolerant they are of people with different opinions

red states rule
10-16-2009, 07:24 AM
I wonder if libs will be pissed off over this?

Propbably not. Why would any lib go after a fellow lib for making a racist insult to another black guy DEFENDING and telling the TRUTH about Rush?

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdSUSU2GqG" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=GdSUSU2GqG" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 07:29 AM

Lets Roll people

One of the things that make PigBoy Limbaugh such a negative force in this country is that he frames everything....everything.....in terms of a (self-defined) "struggle" between godless, amoral liberals and god-fearing, virtuous conservatives. He has done more than anyone else to divide Americans and pit them against one other. Along the way, he's done everything he can to demonize a large segment of the American people (liberals), and say, "They're the cause of all our troubles." It's very similar to what Hitler and the Nazis did in the '30s when they declared that the Jews were the cause of all the problems in Europe.

This isn't a left vs. right issue. This is just a case of NFL owners deciding they didn't want to admit Limbaugh into their fraternity because of his controversial and divisive personality and all the baggage he brings with him.

I would guess that in high school Rush was a fat kid who got pushed around by the football players and he always wished he could be one of them.

Now it's years later, and many $millions later, and Rush is still the fat kid who desperately wants to be included.

And he's still getting shoved up against the lockers by the football players.

Tough shit, Rush. Maybe if you hadn't been such an asshole for so many years, the NFL would find you more palatable.

red states rule
10-16-2009, 07:42 AM
One of the things that make PigBoy Limbaugh such a negative force in this country is that he frames everything....everything.....in terms of a (self-defined) "struggle" between godless, amoral liberals and god-fearing, virtuous conservatives. He has done more than anyone else to divide Americans and pit them against one other. Along the way, he's done everything he can to demonize a large segment of the American people (liberals), and say, "They're the cause of all our troubles." It's very similar to what Hitler and the Nazis did in the '30s when they declared that the Jews were the cause of all the problems in Europe.

This isn't a left vs. right issue. This is just a case of NFL owners deciding they didn't want to admit Limbaugh into their fraternity because of his controversial and divisive personality and all the baggage he brings with him.

I would guess that in high school Rush was a fat kid who got pushed around by the football players and he always wished he could be one of them.

Now it's years later, and many $millions later, and Rush is still the fat kid who desperately wants to be included.

Tough shit, Rush. Maybe if you hadn't been such an asshole for so many years, the NFL would find you more palatable.

Speaking of flames - the title of this thread?

What you call Rush?

You do not know a damn thing about Rush GW. You sprew the hate you are sppon fed form your left wing sources. Rush has dropped close to 100 pounds and looks great - yet the leiberal media use old pics when they sprew their lies

Why not admit it? You can't compete with him in the free market. You can't defeat him in a debate. So you are out to smear and destroy him

For a liberal who claimes to detest racism why the hell are you a Democrat that has srewed racist hate toward epole like Justice Thomas, Sec Rice, Michael Steele, and manyt other black conservatives?

I suspect you wil be like BP and Gabby. You wil toss out your BS crap, run away, not reply, then come back later and do it all over again

stephanie
10-16-2009, 07:56 AM

LOL, you call Rush a negative force in this country...what the hell do you call this post, positive...
you are a typical liberal lefty.......TWO FACED Hypocrite

red states rule
10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
LOL, you call Rush a negative force in this country...what the hell do you call this post, positive...
you are a typical liberal lefty.......TWO FACED Hypocrite

GW is alot like my co worker who I car pool with for 2 hours each work day. In his world, it is outrageous for people to point out facts about Obamacare - like abortions will be paid with taxpayer money - but he laughs over what is being done to Rush

I have always known if the left can't defeat you in a deabte with facts, and make a convincing argument as to why their ideas are better - they will fall back on the one thing they are experts at

Scorthced Earth Policy tactics

Looks like GW has indeed fled the scene

stephanie
10-16-2009, 08:11 AM
GW is alot like my co worker who I car pool with for 2 hours each work day. In his world, it is outrageous for people to point out facts about Obamacare - like abortions will be paid with taxpayer money - but he laughs over what is being done to Rush

I have always known if the left can't defeat you in a deabte with facts, and make a convincing argument as to why their ideas are better - they will fall back on the one thing they are experts at

Scorthced Earth Policy tactics

Looks like GW has indeed fled the scene

Of course he left, he is nothing more now than a drive by agitator..
he drops in spews all over than poof....how do you take anyone like that serious? I know I don't..

red states rule
10-16-2009, 08:22 AM
he drops in spews all over than poof....how do you take anyone like that serious? I know I don't..

They know they can't be taken seriously Stephanie - that is why their style of debate is, for the most part, pure hate and attack mode

As I told my buddy last night - your side is more pissed off and angry then they were during the Bush years

Given the fact, they have not delivered any hope, nor have hey have delivered any change

All they have is reality

It must really stink to be a liberal democrat these days

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 08:37 AM

You're absolutely right, stephanie....

I stop by from time to time and spew some left-wing hate.

Then I go off to my real job.......

Selling cocaine. :salute::dance::salute:

stephanie
10-16-2009, 08:40 AM

probably the only truthful thing you've said in a long time, sonny..:poke:

red states rule
10-16-2009, 08:41 AM

That explaines what happened to your brain and why you are a liberal Dem

Care to try something new and try having a civil conversation?

Hell, I thought you guys were bringing change to America. So far it is jsut more of the same old same old

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 08:50 AM
Speaking of flames - the title of this thread?

What you call Rush?

You do not know a damn thing about Rush GW. You sprew the hate you are sppon fed form your left wing sources. Rush has dropped close to 100 pounds and looks great - yet the leiberal media use old pics when they sprew their lies

Why not admit it? You can't compete with him in the free market. You can't defeat him in a debate. So you are out to smear and destroy him

For a liberal who claimes to detest racism why the hell are you a Democrat that has srewed racist hate toward epole like Justice Thomas, Sec Rice, Michael Steele, and manyt other black conservatives?

I suspect you wil be like BP and Gabby. You wil toss out your BS crap, run away, not reply, then come back later and do it all over again

I know that Rush has slimmed way down. I still enjoy calling him PigBoy, though.

If it makes you feel better, I can call him PrescriptionDrugAbuserBigMouth.

I wonder if Rush's new svelte shape means he's out there on the dating scene.....maybe shopping for Mrs. Limbaugh #4?

red states rule
10-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I know that Rush has slimmed way down. I still enjoy calling him PigBoy, though.

I wonder if Rush's new svelte shape means he's out there on the dating scene.....maybe shopping for Mrs. Limbaugh #4?

Thanks for admitting you do not care about facts and have no problem lying about people you hate

I do hope BSR comes back. He is alot lioke you GW. He does not care about facts. He will not answer direct questions. he sticks to his double standards like velcro

And if you have to, sprew liews to destroy your opponent when you can;t beat them on the issues

Looks like some are seeing thru the lies while others stnad by them

Huffington Post Pulls Bogus Limbaugh Quotes
By Rich Noyes

October 15, 2009 - 20:41 ET

Earlier today, the Weekly Standard’s John McCormack reported that the Huffington Post had asked author Jack Huberman to document quotes allegedly from Rush Limbaugh declaring that slavery “had its merits” and that the assassin of Martin Luther King, Jr. deserved the Medal of Honor.

The quotes were widely cited as real by several sports writers and on CNN and MSNBC in the past week as proof that Limbaugh was a racist who did not deserve to own part of the St. Louis Rams football team. But the Huffington Post has now removed them, saying the author has not been able to substantiate them.

This editor’s note appeared early this evening on the 2006 blog by the liberal Huberman, who was pitching his then-new book, 101 People Who Are REALLY Screwing America:

Editor's Note: An earlier version of this post contained quotes attributed to Rush Limbaugh, which Limbaugh has since denied making. As is our policy when a fact in a blog post is called into question, we gave its author 24 hours to substantiate the quote. Since he has not been able to do so, the quotes have been deleted from the post.

CNN’s Rick Sanchez read the slavery quote during the 3pm hour of CNN’s Newsroom on October 12 as proof of Limbaugh’s “racist diatribes.” Last night, CNN’s Anderson Cooper declared the slavery quote “false,” and “not something he [Limbaugh] ever said. Sanchez may have been planning his own retraction today, but live coverage of the runaway balloon in Colorado pre-empted his normal show.

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow cited the preposterous quote about giving King assassin James Earl Ray the Medal of Honor back in June; this week, multiple MSNBC anchors have referred to the pro-slavery quote as genuine. MSNBC Live anchor Tamron Hall, for example, on Monday afternoon asked, “Should a person who says there are merits with slavery be able to have this privilege of owning a team?” That was after Limbaugh had already said that he had never uttered such a phrase.

At this point I’ve heard of no effort to correct the record at MSNBC.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2009/10/16/oreilly-guest-juan-williams-go-back-porch

stephanie
10-16-2009, 08:56 AM

I'm sure Rush will survive this and the name calling by all you oh so tolerant lefties...

what might not survive is you lefties in 2010 and the big one in 2012...that my friend will be the sweet revenge of your hate..

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm sure Rush will survive this and the name calling by all you oh so tolerant lefties...

what might not survive is you lefties in 2010 and the big one in 2012...that my friend will be the sweet revenge of your hate..

Then GW wil be going after all the racists in America who did not support Obama because he is black

and Rush, Sean, Beck, and Fox News for drowning out Obama's message with lies

and those those greedy Teabaggers who did not want to pay their fair share to pay for the new America Obama is trying to bring to America

and the stupid people who were not smart enough to vote for Dems who are the only ones smart enough to know what was best for them

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Then GW wil be going after all the racists in America who did not support Obama because he is black

and those those greedy Teabaggers who did not want to pay their fair share to pay for the new America Obama is trying to bring to America

and the stupid people who were not smart enough to vote for Dems who are the only ones smart enough to know what was best for them

I acknowledge that teabaggers and right-wingers have a right to their opinions. Diversity of opinion is what makes this country's politics work.

I even acknowledge that you guys have a right to your wacko convictions.

stephanie
10-16-2009, 09:19 AM

we should preserve this post for when what you predict comes true...only because liberals are so damn predictable...:thumb:

stephanie
10-16-2009, 09:21 AM
I acknowledge that teabaggers and right-wingers have a right to their opinions. Diversity of opinion is what makes this country's politics work.

well golly gee...how we be blessed for he acknowledges we all have rights...
but come GW admit it...if you could, you would rather we all be shut upped, wouldn't you?

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:21 AM

Gee GW, that is real nioce to admit people can speak out - even if the usual reaction of the left is to tag them as racists

What wacko convictions?

Opposing tax increases with unemployemnt at 10%?

Opposing a 2 trillion annual deficit?

Opposing the doubling of the national debt?

Opposing new and expanded government programs designed to put private companies under the control of the Federal government or out of business?

Are those what you call wacko convictions?

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
we should preserve this post for when what you predict comes true...only because liberals are so damn predictable...:thumb:

I also posted here where is Obama was elected, libs would whine everytime anyone opposed Obama

As you said, they are so predictable

I get under BSR's skin because I say what he will say before he says it - and he gets so upset when I do that :laugh2:

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Hey GW, looks like the left is being humilated once agin - thanks to their obsession with trying to destroy Rush

CNN's Sanchez Apologizes for Running Fake Limbaugh Quote
By NB Staff

October 16, 2009 - 10:13 ET

Yesterday CNN's Rick Sanchez was set to go on air and issue an apology for running an unverified quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh. Breaking news of the now-infamous "balloon boy" intervened, and Sanchez was unable to deliver his apology.

It came to the attention of the NewsBusters staff that Sanchez plans on issuing a correction today on-air, reading the following statement:

Earlier this week we provided quotes attributed to Limbaugh to illustrate why some people and players felt that Rush Limbaugh was too divisive to be an NFL owner. One of these quotes, which was in a column in the St. Louis Post Dispatch and in a book largely about conservatives, was refuted by Limbaugh. We have been unable to independently confirm that quote. We should not have reported it and for that I apologize. I feel it is important to hold folks accountable when they make mistakes, and that should include myself and my team.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staff/2009/10/16/cnns-sanchez-apologizes-running-fake-limbaugh-quote

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 09:38 AM
well golly gee...how we be blessed for he acknowledges we all have rights...
but come GW admit it...if you could, you would rather we all be shut upped, wouldn't you?

No, we need a strong conservative voice in this country to counterbalance the liberal voice. It's a system of checks and balances, with each side keeping the other side honest.

But if I had my druthers, I would wish that Limbaugh and some of the more wacko right-wing radio talk show hosts weren't such partisan assholes.

If you actually believe what Limbaugh says, then you think that liberals are the cause of all our problems. And if we could only get rid of all the liberals......

It's very much like what Hitler and the Nazis were doing in Germany in the 1930s.....

If only we could get rid of all these parasitic Jews......

Wait a minute......I have an idea.....a Final Solution..........

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Hey GW, looks like the left is being humilated once agin - thanks to their obsession with trying to destroy Rush

CNN's Sanchez Apologizes for Running Fake Limbaugh Quote
By NB Staff

October 16, 2009 - 10:13 ET

Yesterday CNN's Rick Sanchez was set to go on air and issue an apology for running an unverified quote attributed to Rush Limbaugh. Breaking news of the now-infamous "balloon boy" intervened, and Sanchez was unable to deliver his apology.

It came to the attention of the NewsBusters staff that Sanchez plans on issuing a correction today on-air, reading the following statement:

Earlier this week we provided quotes attributed to Limbaugh to illustrate why some people and players felt that Rush Limbaugh was too divisive to be an NFL owner. One of these quotes, which was in a column in the St. Louis Post Dispatch and in a book largely about conservatives, was refuted by Limbaugh. We have been unable to independently confirm that quote. We should not have reported it and for that I apologize. I feel it is important to hold folks accountable when they make mistakes, and that should include myself and my team.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-staff/2009/10/16/cnns-sanchez-apologizes-running-fake-limbaugh-quote

Yes, you're right, RSR. The CNN guy tried to discredit Limbaugh with a quote that El Rushbo never said, and he got called on it.

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:40 AM
No, we need a strong conservative voice in this country to counterbalance the liberal voice. It's a system of checks and balances, with each side keeping the other side honest.

But if I had my druthers, I would wish that Limbaugh and some of the more wacko right-wing radio talk show hosts weren't such partisan assholes.

If you actually believe what Limbaugh says, then you think that liberals are the cause of all our problems. And if we could only get rid of all the liberals......

It's very much like what Hitler and the Nazis were doing in Germany in the 1930s.....

If only we could get rid of all these parasitic Jews......

Wait a minute......I have an idea.....a Final Solution..........

Once again you attack Rush for being a partisan asshole - and you make a post like this?

GW if are looking for hate, and partisan BS'ers look nor further then your bathroom mirror

Looks like you are still unable to have a civil conversation and all you have is your sick hate filled talking points

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
It's been fun talking with you guys.

I have to go sell some cocaine now.

Be back later...

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Yes, you're right, RSR. The CNN guy tried to discredit Limbaugh with a quote that El Rushbo never said, and he got called on it.

Now we need to have the sportswriters, liberal op ed writers, and the clowns over at MSNBC to fess up

Rush is not a racist, and has never been one

red states rule
10-16-2009, 09:43 AM
It's been fun talking with you guys.

I have to go sell some cocaine now.

Be back later...

Wel so much for telling me about my "wacko convictions"

I should no better then to try and talk with a driveby liberal poster

I am off to work so Obama can snatch a bigger part of my earnings to pay for someone elses home loan and health care

GW in Ohio
10-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Now we need to have the sportswriters, liberal op ed writers, and the clowns over at MSNBC to fess up

Rush is not a racist, and has never been one

Rush probably isn't a racist. However, I wish he weren't such a partisan blowhard. But that's how he makes his $millions.....stroking the right-wing biases of folks like you all.

stephanie
10-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Rush probably isn't a racist. However, I wish he weren't such a partisan blowhard. But that's how he makes his $millions.....stroking the right-wing biases of folks like you all.

you know GW..instead of cheering what happened to Rush, you all need to take a hard look at what has become of our mainstream media...it has now become a tool of this administrations to destroy everyday American citizens..
Look at what they did to Joe the Plumber, Sarah Palin, hell even Geroge Bush...

I hope you all pull your heads out of your liberal utopia fog before it's too late and they come after you...

bullypulpit
10-19-2009, 01:11 PM

Poor Rush...he wasn't rejected by the NFL..he was rejected by his own tribe of rich, white, right leaning fellow travelers, headed by St.Louis Blues owner <a href=http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/4393927-rush-limbaugh-gets-the-boot-from-nfl-st-louis-rams-bidding-group>David Checketts</a>, who found him too distasteful, even by their standards. And now he's whining about it like a little bitch, blaming everyone else for his woes...classic pattern of the addictive personality. "It's everyone else's fault...I didn't do anything wrong".

Insein
10-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Dave Checketts came to him. Dave asked him if he wanted to be a part of the group. Rush asked him if he understood the firestorm that will occur from his participation. Checketts assured him it was ok. Obviously he miscalculated.

sgtdmski
10-19-2009, 03:56 PM
The sports writers and commentators got what they wanted, they continued the race debate.

That is why Donovan McNabb, Vince Young, and Michael Vick will always be only great black quarterbacks and never great NFL quarterbacks.

dmk

10-19-2009, 05:26 PM

How is the President nowadays anyway?

Insein
10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
The sports writers and commentators got what they wanted, they continued the race debate.

That is why Donovan McNabb, Vince Young, and Michael Vick will always be only great black quarterbacks and never great NFL quarterbacks.

dmk

Well Donovan will be a great NFL QB. The other 2, not so much.

glockmail
10-20-2009, 12:21 PM

I would guess that in high school Rush was a fat kid who got pushed around by the football players and he always wished he could be one of them..... GW we've seen your picture and you just described yourself perfectly. LOL

GW in Ohio
10-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I was never a fat kid, glockie.

An ugly kid, maybe......

Just a note about Rush Limbaugh.....

Go to his website. Do you notice it's all about him? He's like a one-man vanity press. Do you really want to stand up for a blowhard egomaniac like that?

Forget the politics for a minute. Forget that he validates all your biases. Isn't he just an odious tub of egocentric shit?

emmett
10-20-2009, 04:10 PM
GW in Ohio wrote:
It’s also been spread around that he said this, about the death of the man who assassinated Martin Luther King:

You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honour? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

He did not say that. That is just your slimy ass Liberal friends making shit up as they do when they can't find something substantially supportive.

You my friend are a queer little hater, a very detestful little shit whom frankly has never written anything of substance that I have read.

You've never paid a tax dollar in your entire life, ran a household, had a job or do anything other than hang out at that place where those trenchcoats and faggots go. Get a life!

cat slave
10-20-2009, 07:05 PM

Youre missing the point. Its not just about Rush. Its about influences
and pressures from outside the land of sports, be it overrated as it is.

Sports is a business. Politics or race has no place in it and what has happened is that forces from "the other side" have oozed over into an
area that it has no business in.

And what about free speech. Is it only free to those who agree with
the black caucuses or other special interest groups.

At least you are consistent...at the very least.

cat slave
10-20-2009, 07:06 PM
GW in Ohio wrote:

He did not say that. That is just your slimy ass Liberal friends making shit up as they do when they can't find something substantially supportive.

You my friend are a queer little hater, a very detestful little shit whom frankly has never written anything of substance that I have read.

You've never paid a tax dollar in your entire life, ran a household, had a job or do anything other than hang out at that place where those trenchcoats and faggots go. Get a life!

Very well said!:clap:

glockmail
10-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I was never a fat kid, glockie.

An ugly kid, maybe......

Just a note about Rush Limbaugh.....

Go to his website. Do you notice it's all about him? He's like a one-man vanity press. Do you really want to stand up for a blowhard egomaniac like that?

Forget the politics for a minute. Forget that he validates all your biases. Isn't he just an odious tub of egocentric shit?Your obviously jealous of his success, being a miserable failure yourself.

red states rule
10-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Very well said!:clap:

Of course they are jealous

Can you find liberal on the list?

http://talkers.com/online/?p=267

GW in Ohio
10-21-2009, 09:23 AM
GW in Ohio wrote:

You are attributing a quote to me that I never said, Emmett. Go back and check your sources.

And if you're addressing the rest of your rant to me, I'm not "queer," and have worked and paid taxes all my life, and jointly run a household with my wife, and raised children.

If I had mistakenly attributed a quote to someone, I would apologize. But that's just my code of conduct.

GW in Ohio
10-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Your obviously jealous of his success, being a miserable failure yourself.

You know nothing about me, glockie. So to say I am a "failure" is talking out of your ass.

stephanie
10-21-2009, 10:02 AM
it sounds like "pigboy, I mean Rush" isn't the only one whining incessantly now..

glockmail
10-21-2009, 10:42 AM
You know nothing about me, glockie. So to say I am a "failure" is talking out of your ass.Your posts identify you as a hater of successful people, and the obvious reason is that you yourself are a failure. Nothing you have written asserts otherwise.

GW in Ohio
10-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Your posts identify you as a hater of successful people, and the obvious reason is that you yourself are a failure. Nothing you have written asserts otherwise.

Glockie: Based on the ignorance displayed in your most recent post, it would have been better for you to let people suspect you were a dumb-ass than to post these assumptions about someone you've never met, and thus remove any doubt about your dumb-ass status.

10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Glockie: Based on the ignorance displayed in your most recent post, it would have been better for you to let people suspect you were a dumb-ass than to post these assumptions about someone you've never met, and thus remove any doubt about your dumb-ass status.

Never met? youve been talking on this board for years. Like anyone here doesn't have a clue who you are and what you represent.

stephanie
10-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Poor Gw got pwned in his own pigboy thread..

remember that saying, what goes around always seems to find it's way back around...:laugh2:

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 11:06 PM
So Rush is a whiner.

So what do we call people who make up quotes and attribute them to someone else. Oh that is right we call them fraking liars.

Hmmm, so let's see, since Mr Smith is black and Rush is white, not only would that make him a fraking liar, but that would make him a fraking racist liar.

You know what, I would rather be a whiner than a fraking racist liar come judgement day, but since Mr Smith is a liberal which means he probably doesn't believe in God in the first place, no worries, he will be worm food and not have to worry about getting into heaven in the first place.

dmk

GW in Ohio
10-22-2009, 07:54 AM
So Rush is a whiner.

So what do we call people who make up quotes and attribute them to someone else. Oh that is right we call them fraking liars.

Hmmm, so let's see, since Mr Smith is black and Rush is white, not only would that make him a fraking liar, but that would make him a fraking racist liar.

You know what, I would rather be a whiner than a fraking racist liar come judgement day, but since Mr Smith is a liberal which means he probably doesn't believe in God in the first place, no worries, he will be worm food and not have to worry about getting into heaven in the first place.

dmk

dmk: Okay, the guy who made up that quote and attributed it to El Rushbo is a liar. And I guess you can label him a racist, if you like. (You right-wing guys are always calling people racists, aren't you?)

But he isn't automatically an atheist because he's a liberal.

And finally, your deity sounds kind of vindictive and petty. Come to think of it, he sounds a lot like some of the right wingers who frequent this august establishment.

sgtdmski
10-22-2009, 04:18 PM
dmk: Okay, the guy who made up that quote and attributed it to El Rushbo is a liar. And I guess you can label him a racist, if you like. (You right-wing guys are always calling people racists, aren't you?)

But he isn't automatically an atheist because he's a liberal.

And finally, your deity sounds kind of vindictive and petty. Come to think of it, he sounds a lot like some of the right wingers who frequent this august establishment.

How quickly you forget. Mr smith took fake quotes and attributed them to Rush Limbaugh to prove that he was a racist? To prevent him from being a minority owner in an NFL franchise.

Has Rush made controversial statements, of course he has, that is why he make the money he makes. However, even his statement about Donovan McNabb was not racist, but very accurate. He wanted to open the debate about why McNabb is always referred to as a Black Quarterback. Does his being black somehow make him more or less of a Quarterback. Of course not, his race has nothing to do with the position he plays. That was the discussion that Rush wanted to start. However, everybody cried racist, and he was dropped from ESPN. Why are blacks so afraid to start the discussion. Is it because they need to be the victims, the ones that everyone else is out to get.

No, Mr Smith showed who the true racist was in this situation.

As far as my sarcasm regarding religion, well I was in foul mood, however, it is quite adequate. My God is not vindictive, all he asks is that you believe. Not hard to do. Believe and ask forgiveness for your sins. Such a simple thing, wouldn't you say.

dmk

GW in Ohio
10-23-2009, 09:02 AM
As far as my sarcasm regarding religion, well I was in foul mood, however, it is quite adequate. My God is not vindictive, all he asks is that you believe. Not hard to do. Believe and ask forgiveness for your sins. Such a simple thing, wouldn't you say.

dmk

But if I don't buy into the whole Christian belief structure, he's gonna consign me to hell? For ever and ever? And it will hurt?

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Last night while driving home from work, my car pool buddy once again showed what the top priorities are with the left

Not the 10% unemployment rate

Not Obama tanking in the polls

Not Obama's war with Fox News

Not Obama's inability to make a decision

Rather he was obsessed with Rush Limbaugh and how he was kicked out of poll to buy the Rams

I kept trying to ask him why the left is more interested in destryoing a private citizen, and a cable news network - and all he was excited about was the reaction of Rav Al Sharpton when he said how Rush's own kind did not want him

This is an example of the left's list of top issues they have to deal with

stephanie
10-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Last night while driving home from work, my car pool buddy once again showed what the top priorities are with the left

Not the 10% unemployment rate

Not Obama tanking in the polls

Not Obama's war with Fox News

Not Obama's inability to make a decision

Rather he was obsessed with Rush Limbaugh and how he was kicked out of poll to buy the Rams

I kept trying to ask him why the left is more interested in destryoing a private citizen, and a cable news network - and all he was excited about was the reaction of Rav Al Sharpton when he said how Rush's own kind did not want him

This is an example of the left's list of top issues they have to deal with

you have to be shallow, petty and hateful to be a lefty liberal..those are a necessity..:laugh2:

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:27 AM
you have to be shallow, petty and hateful to be a lefty liberal..those are a necessity..:laugh2:

Now to be fair Stephanie, Blue States Rule is like abrother to me. He has there when I was out with the cancer. He can up to my house (about a 45 min drive one way for him) and took me to the hospital for treatments several times. He called everyday to check on me

While we yell at each other over politics. he is a great guy and is like a brother to me

If you ever met him, you would like him and would be happy to sit down and have a drink with him

He is a loyal liberal who is seeing the hope and change is nothing but pure bullshit - and is having a hard time dealing with it

stephanie
10-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Now to be fair Stephanie, Blue States Rule is like abrother to me. He has there when I was out with the cancer. He can up to my house (about a 45 min drive one way for him) and took me to the hospital for treatments several times. He called everyday to check on me

While we yell at each other over politics. he is a great guy and is like a brother to me

If you ever met him, you would like him and would be happy to sit down and have a drink with him

He is a loyal liberal who is seeing the hope and change is nothing but pure bullshit - and is having a hard time dealing with it

I wasn't necessarily talking about your buddy, just liberals in general..my hats off to your friend for being there for you..:beer:

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I wasn't necessarily talking about your buddy, just liberals in general..my hats off to your friend for being there for you..:beer:

Sorry if I misunderstood your post Stehanie. I stand corrected

But in general libs are what you said. They are for the most part a very angry, and intolerant group of people

Even when they have total power they are still have a short fuse and go off without notice

sgtdmski
10-25-2009, 05:12 PM
But if I don't buy into the whole Christian belief structure, he's gonna consign me to hell? For ever and ever? And it will hurt?

No you will have done it to yourself, he left you the choice and you made it. Free will!

dmk