PDA

View Full Version : Restore the Constitution

stephanie
10-17-2009, 02:01 PM
check it out if you wish...Lets Roll!:salute:

If you want America returned to its constitutional, principled roots, join with us.

Read our 12 constitutional principles. If you agree and are willing to swear or affirm support for them, then join us. We're gathering Americans focused on constitutional principle first and foremost who will vote for candidates who do the same.

If you're a candidate willing to swear or affirm your support for these principles and support them in law if elected, then join us, we will list your name, support you, and vote for you.

MISSION:
To build a voting block of millions focused on constitutional principle with thousands of candidates who support those same principles and the limited, principled governance of our founders, and restore our Constitutional Republic.

http://restoretheconstitution.ning.com/

bullypulpit
10-18-2009, 04:37 AM
Where were y'all when Bush and Co. were cheerfully undermining the Constitution? Oh, right...he was a Republican so it was alright when he did it. And who is undermining the Constitution now? What evidence do you have to support your assertions?

Gaffer
10-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Where were y'all when Bush and Co. were cheerfully undermining the Constitution? Oh, right...he was a Republican so it was alright when he did it. And who is undermining the Constitution now? What evidence do you have to support your assertions?

People like you are undermining the Constitution.

Your still hung up on Bush. No matter how many times you hit replay, he will always win the elections of 2000 and 2004. The commies won in 2008, you should be happy and cheering and making excuses for them instead of worrying about Bush. Be happy, your party is bring America down to the level of the great depression. It's everything you could have dreamed of.

flaja
10-18-2009, 07:59 PM
FAMILY: The traditional family, meaning a lawfully and legally married man and woman and their children, is the fundamental building block of society, and indispensable to its health and well-being.

There is nothing in the Constitution that defines family or expressly sets the parameters of marriage. Certain rights that conservatives/libertarians say they hold dear (chiefly the right to produce children and the right of parents to educate them as they see fit) are not in the Constitution and if ever challenged in court would have to be written into the 9th Amendment by activist judges that conservatives/libertarians say they don’t want.

This statement also requires the government to enter people’s bedrooms- something that is anathema to the libertarians that masquerade on the net as conservatives.

PROPERTY: One unalienable right is the pursuit of happiness. In addition to its pursuit through wholesome relationships, we attain & enhance it through accumulating real property & personal wealth which in turn supports our families and our liberty Thus, Property Rights are as critical to liberty as any other unalienable right. Click Here for the entire statement.

The Constitution does not support the idea of un-regulated property rights- which is what this statement is likely meant to support. Property equals power and the accumulation of property by the individual or corporation leads to the accumulation of power by the individual or corporation. Conservatives realize this fact; libertarians do not.

NATIONAL DEFENSE: Protecting the United States against foreign invasion or internal sedition and treason is, coupled with the protection of our borders, the most fundamental role of the national government.

It is also necessary from time to time to have a proactive foreign policy so we can confront potential threats before they become actual threats- something the authors of this constitutional principle likely do not understand.

ENERGY POLICY: It is in the vital national defense, financial, and sovereignty interests of the United States of America to be energy independent and to be free from foreign control or dependency in this regard.

Energy independence will likely come only by reducing our dependence on fossil fuels. But since fossil-fuel energy companies are making obscene profits by selling their products, achieving energy independence will invariably require new conservation laws and subsidies for green alternatives- from the government.

FREE TRADE: Free trade with the United States must be based upon the free market and be a reward for those nations who are developing the fundamental principles of liberty and the free market in their own nations.

American manufacturers cannot produce enough goods to satisfy American consumers at profit margins that American consumers will tolerate, so how can American manufacturers ever produce enough goods to export to countries whose consumers can support an even smaller profit margin? International free trade will no longer work for America. It feeds America’s debt and will never fuel America’s manufacturers. We have no alternative right now but to implement protectionist trade policies.

EDUCATION: Education and the acquisition of knowledge is the road to self improvement, one of the essential building blocks of individual liberty and of nations. It should be kept as close to the home and family as possible in keeping with the 10th Amendment.

The United States is a nation in both word and deed. We are no longer a hodge-podge collection of sparsely populated states. Education in this country should be homogenized and nationalized. Furthermore, the national/federal government has been involved in public education since before the Constitution was written (Northwest Ordinance, Washington and Madison’s support for a federal university and federal aid to state schools; the Homestead law and the land grant colleges). Anyone that claims public education is only a state and local issue is engaging in revisionist history and anyone who falls for that history is a damned fool.

JUDICIARY: The Judiciary of the United States is one of three equal constitutional legs of our federal government and is tasked directly with strictly interpreting law, not making it or enforcing it, either through activism or otherwise.

Strictly interpreting the law by whose standards? Contrary to what libertarians believe the Constitution is a living document and the Founding Fathers designed it to be a living document.

bullypulpit
10-19-2009, 07:08 AM
There is nothing in the Constitution that defines family or expressly sets the parameters of marriage. Certain rights that conservatives/libertarians say they hold dear (chiefly the right to produce children and the right of parents to educate them as they see fit) are not in the Constitution and if ever challenged in court would have to be written into the 9th Amendment by activist judges that conservatives/libertarians say they don’t want.

This statement also requires the government to enter people’s bedrooms- something that is anathema to the libertarians that masquerade on the net as conservatives.

Indeed.

The Constitution does not support the idea of un-regulated property rights- which is what this statement is likely meant to support. Property equals power and the accumulation of property by the individual or corporation leads to the accumulation of power by the individual or corporation. Conservatives realize this fact; libertarians do not.

Neither conservatives nor libertarians realize or, more likely, ignore a basic fact. Unregulated free markets presuppose a rational society...Something which has yet to manifest itself in all of human history.

It is also necessary from time to time to have a proactive foreign policy so we can confront potential threats before they become actual threats- something the authors of this constitutional principle likely do not understand.

That's what diplomacy is for...to avoid illegal and unjustifiable wars of aggression.

Energy independence will likely come only by reducing our dependence on fossil fuels. But since fossil-fuel energy companies are making obscene profits by selling their products, achieving energy independence will invariably require new conservation laws and subsidies for green alternatives- from the government.

Yep.

American manufacturers cannot produce enough goods to satisfy American consumers at profit margins that American consumers will tolerate, so how can American manufacturers ever produce enough goods to export to countries whose consumers can support an even smaller profit margin? International free trade will no longer work for America. It feeds America’s debt and will never fuel America’s manufacturers. We have no alternative right now but to implement protectionist trade policies.

Protectionism? No. A renegotiation of trade treaties to provide environmental, worker safety and wage protections on a par with the US and Europe.

The United States is a nation in both word and deed. We are no longer a hodge-podge collection of sparsely populated states. Education in this country should be homogenized and nationalized. Furthermore, the national/federal government has been involved in public education since before the Constitution was written (Northwest Ordinance, Washington and Madison’s support for a federal university and federal aid to state schools; the Homestead law and the land grant colleges). Anyone that claims public education is only a state and local issue is engaging in revisionist history and anyone who falls for that history is a damned fool.

And local school boards are being infested with right wing-nuts who still believe the world was created about 6,500 years ago and the earth is flat.

Strictly interpreting the law by whose standards? Contrary to what libertarians believe the Constitution is a living document and the Founding Fathers designed it to be a living document.

Too true.

DragonStryk72
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Indeed.

Neither conservatives nor libertarians realize or, more likely, ignore a basic fact. Unregulated free markets presuppose a rational society...Something which has yet to manifest itself in all of human history.

That's what diplomacy is for...to avoid illegal and unjustifiable wars of aggression.

Yep.

Protectionism? No. A renegotiation of trade treaties to provide environmental, worker safety and wage protections on a par with the US and Europe.

And local school boards are being infested with right wing-nuts who still believe the world was created about 6,500 years ago and the earth is flat.

Too true.

Okay, little tired of the libertarian cracks, here. In general, to surprise you both, I do not in any way support the drivel of a site named in this thread. It's more Christian right crap that does nothing to address the actual breaches of the constitution, many created by Bush, and now being continued by Obama (Yes, that's right, he's done nothing to get rid of the Patriot Act, so it's still continuing. Not to mention his decision to keep Gitmo going, despite promises he would close it.)

Actually, in general, people are rational beings, though. See, the problem is that your supposition assumes only one reasonable answer. Even reasonable people can be led off by good intentions gone awry. As well, from where I'm sitting, the government seems to be making the problem worse of current.

As far as foreign policy, we need to stop trying to dictate the way that countries are going to run themselves, it isn't our right. It also lead to more problems than it's worth. I mean, look at Saddam and Osama, they are both people who would not have achieved power without our backing.

As to education, we have nationalized education, and it's doing great, the grades have only gone down every year since its implementation, even though we've spent steadily more each year, but I'm sure that's not a statement on the effectiveness of it. I don't know, I mean, the kids in New York must be exactly the same as the kids in Seattle Washington, right? We already had a good system, and then Bush came along and tried to fix something that wasn't broken, but here you are claiming that was the way to be. And as Catholic as I may be, I don't abandon science either, it was Thomas Jefferson who said, "I cannot believe that the same God who gave men reason, would then deny its use." We have more than enough evidence that the Universe is much much grander a thing than the Creationists believe.

flaja
10-19-2009, 04:32 PM

You cannot negotiate with thugs like Hitler or Stalin. All they understand is overwhelming force.

I support the idea of requiring labels on all imported goods so the American consumer can be notified whether or not the country of origin has environmental laws, wages and working conditions comparable to what the U.S. has (or used to have considering we have such a small manufacturing economy now). But I doubt that mere treaties will be enough to re-establish our industrial economy.

I am a Christian and a creationist. Neither Darwiniam, uniformitarian geology, nor creationism is legitimate science since their hypotheses cannot be tested by experimentation. They are all faith systems. I would not teach evolution or creationism in public schools.

flaja
10-19-2009, 04:42 PM
It's more Christian right crap that does nothing to address the actual breaches of the constitution, many created by Bush, and now being continued by Obama (Yes, that's right, he's done nothing to get rid of the Patriot Act, so it's still continuing. Not to mention his decision to keep Gitmo going, despite promises he would close it.)

Just how do the Patriot Act and Gitmo violate the Constitution?

Actually, in general, people are rational beings, though.

What world do you live in?

As far as foreign policy, we need to stop trying to dictate the way that countries are going to run themselves, it isn't our right.

If another country's way of doing things poses a threat to our wellbeing, you're dammed right we have a right to object and to intervene.

It also lead to more problems than it's worth. I mean, look at Saddam and Osama, they are both people who would not have achieved power without our backing.

Merely a fact of Middle East geo-politics.

As to education, we have nationalized education, and it's doing great, the grades have only gone down every year since its implementation, even though we've spent steadily more each year, but I'm sure that's not a statement on the effectiveness of it.

Huh? A good way to demonstrate the poor quality of our school system is to describe it with an excessive run-on sentence.

I don't know, I mean, the kids in New York must be exactly the same as the kids in Seattle Washington, right?

Yes when it comes to reading, writing, arithmetic, history, science...

We already had a good system, and then Bush came along and tried to fix something that wasn't broken, but here you are claiming that was the way to be.

So everything is Bush's fault? Get real.

And as Catholic as I may be, I don't abandon science either, it was Thomas Jefferson who said, "I cannot believe that the same God who gave men reason, would then deny its use."

Oh? Did God give reason to Massa Jefferson's son James?