PDA

View Full Version : Flu Innoculations Poll

Kathianne
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Will you get the general and the H1N1? Will you make sure your children do? Your parents?

chloe
10-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I won't get any shots for myself and my kid already got the type A h1n1 they gave her something called tamiflu and said keep her out of school. To me it didn't seem any different then the regular flu, coughing, maybe the sneezing part was different but a high temperature is same as reg flu.

Mr. P
10-17-2009, 09:54 PM
https://h1n1.cloudapp.net/fluquiz.aspx

Nukeman
10-18-2009, 10:30 AM
My wife and I have both already received the seasonal and H1N1 vaccine. Our youngest has also received the H1N1. All of you can think its some conspiracy all you want but working in health care for 20 plus years and the toll this flu is taking this year is VERY BAD.

The H1N1 is VERY dangerous in small children and young adults, It also has a mortality rate of 28% in pregnant women......

Our house with having 4 children in High, middle, and elementary school is a freaking petri dish of germs........

Kathianne
10-18-2009, 10:51 AM
My wife and I have both already received the seasonal and H1N1 vaccine. Our youngest has also received the H1N1. All of you can think its some conspiracy all you want but working in health care for 20 plus years and the toll this flu is taking this year is VERY BAD.

The H1N1 is VERY dangerous in small children and young adults, It also has a mortality rate of 28% in pregnant women......

Our house with having 4 children in High, middle, and elementary school is a freaking petri dish of germs........

Actually I don't go for a conspiracy explanation, just an aversion to any unnecessary treatments. I do question how quickly the H1N1 was brought out, but if I had elderly parents or children with any health issues, I'd have them take it too.

I spent some time thinking about this, as working in a K-8 school is pretty much like your home. ;) However, I've been there 11 years and with the exception of one year, when I was emotionally and physically worn out, I pretty much get one bad cold and that's it. I had it two weeks ago, with that I'm crossing my fingers.

Mr. P
10-18-2009, 11:41 AM

I don't think there's any conspiracy. However, I do know the trail was short with a very small number of participants. I think that we'll know more about this vaccine by mid Dec. after thousands of human guinea pigs receive it.

BTW..has anyone heard about the quarantine and deaths on Navy ships after they received this vaccine? I heard it on radio early last week. They did the same thing to the military in 1975/6 with the swine flu vaccine. After two weeks they stopped giving it.

chloe
10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
https://h1n1.cloudapp.net/fluquiz.aspx

I answered it according to what my daughter experienced and it said h1n1, the tests had already confirmed it though.

chloe
10-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Actually I don't go for a conspiracy explanation, just an aversion to any unnecessary treatments. I do question how quickly the H1N1 was brought out, but if I had elderly parents or children with any health issues, I'd have them take it too.

I spent some time thinking about this, as working in a K-8 school is pretty much like your home. ;) However, I've been there 11 years and with the exception of one year, when I was emotionally and physically worn out, I pretty much get one bad cold and that's it. I had it two weeks ago, with that I'm crossing my fingers.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I just mean the symptoms are similiar and in a normal flu I would just let it run its course, but with the type A h1n1 it's dangerous to do that, so it's just hard to tell the difference. However, having said that, I think h1n1 develops quick and the reg flu seems to be more gradual over days, my daughter had a headache and no fever but then within hours she had a 103 temp, also she had sneezing, coughing, and she had dizzy/vertigo. Someone at our work also got it and they had vertigo too, but I really don't see that mentioned on any of the websites, it just seems like where I live people say they get blackout/head rush feelings dizziness or vertigo and then suddenly they have h1n1.

Nukeman
10-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Here's the deal, IF and I say IF the H1N1 flu had materialized last Dec/Jan we would have seen it incorporated into the "seasonal" vaccine. Since it didn't start until after the seasonal had already been prepared for the coming year they had to start a new batch. It really like the seasonal flu vaccine. It is just very specific for ONE type of flu......

jackass
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I never get the flu shot and only caught the flu once. The kids and the wife get the seasonal one every yer but there is no way they were getting the H1 shot. I dont feel that was tested enough.

jimnyc
10-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Didn't vote as the poll didn't have my option - "Wife wears pants in family and will determine if child gets shot or not".

As for myself, no way! Only got a few in my lifetime and the damn shot always gives me the flu a couple of days later!

I think my smoking and Dr. Pepper will protect me. :coffee:

Trigg
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
After watching the parade of otherwise healthy kids parading through the hospital for chest x-rays, I will be getting the H1n1 for my older kids as well.

Took my youngest last week and I had mine a little over a week ago. A virus that attacks healthy young children like this one does makes me nervous. This is the first year I've gotten shots for my kids.

Noir
10-19-2009, 12:19 PM
I shall not be getting it, the fewer drugs in my body the better, and if i do get it, well, such is life.

Mr. P
10-19-2009, 02:45 PM
After watching the parade of otherwise healthy kids parading through the hospital for chest x-rays, I will be getting the H1n1 for my older kids as well.

Took my youngest last week and I had mine a little over a week ago. A virus that attacks healthy young children like this one does makes me nervous. This is the first year I've gotten shots for my kids.

All or most are CYA by the Docs...you know that.

Jeff
10-19-2009, 04:36 PM
The wife yells at me every year to get it, as for the new one not real sure, hell I usually don't make it in long enough to get the regular shot, I got it last year and still spent a few days at the hospital, so I guess I kind of go along the lines with Jim, see what the wife sets up :laugh2:

Trigg
10-24-2009, 09:45 PM
All or most are CYA by the Docs...you know that.

possibly some are, however the kids we are seeing are very sick.

I'm not taking any chances with my kids this year.

It's very early in the flu season and already the cases are through the roof. Better safe than sorry.

Mr. P
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
possibly some are, however the kids we are seeing are very sick.

I'm not taking any chances with my kids this year.

It's very early in the flu season and already the cases are through the roof. Better safe than sorry.

I hear the King has declared the outbreak a national emergency.

Don't know which flu that's about though.

krisy
10-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I took my 14 year old son to the doc yesterday because the asthma was acting up. He is taking a steroid inhaler right now. I told the doc I was really worried about H1N1 because my son is asthmatic. He said he could give him a shot right then and it was free. I went ahead and had him give him the shot.With his asthma allready acting up(it does often in the fall because of allergies) I decided him getting the flu was not a chance I wanted to take. It can be very dangerous for asthmatics.

I have agonized over this shot for a while,but hearing what this virus can do to people without asthma made me worry. I will take my daughter this week to get hers. I suppose I should call my doc too since I have asthma as well.