PDA

View Full Version : Northeast fall snowstorm breaks records in NY, Pa

red states rule
10-18-2009, 07:37 AM
I feel so sorry for Al Gore. He keeps traveling around the world in his private jet, telling anyone who will listen how man is destroying the pleant by living - yet the weather is not cooperating

http://www.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.1527330.1255706547!image/1102643544.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_600/1102643544.jpg

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — An autumn storm brought snow to parts of Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, the earliest snow on record in some towns used to harsh winters.

Cornell University weather scientists say the snow that started Thursday set records for the earliest date with an inch of snow in Binghamton, Ithaca and Olean in New York and Altoona and State College in Pennsylvania.

The National Weather Service says there's 4.5 inches of snow in State College, Pa., and 2 more inches are possible through Saturday morning.

Port Allegany in northwestern Pennsylvania and Perrysburg in western New York both got more than 3 inches of snow. Most areas east of Lake Erie and parts of northwestern New Jersey got 2 inches or less.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/northeast-fall-snowstorm-breaks-records-in-ny-pa-1.1527283

chesswarsnow
10-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't see how this man can even show his face.
2. With the failure he is faced with.
3. This is huge, he can't escape.
4. There has to be a whole lot of babbling fools, who are following this guys every word.
5. Not unlike what we see in some so called relgions, which are just cults, even thats too good of a name for some of them.
6. Don't you just love how *CWN* can wrap reality all together and put a bow on it?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't see how this man can even show his face.
2. With the failure he is faced with.
3. This is huge, he can't escape.
4. There has to be a whole lot of babbling fools, who are following this guys every word.
5. Not unlike what we see in some so called relgions, which are just cults, even thats too good of a name for some of them.
6. Don't you just love how *CWN* can wrap reality all together and put a bow on it?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I agree with you.

However, I do not see Obama giving up and admit publicly his Obamcare s a sham

But there are still to many fools that lap up everything he says like a dog at a water bowl

Remember, Obama wants to pass Kneecap and Tax which will cost millions of jobs and drive up your energy bills

cat slave
10-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Obamacare is nothing but a big fat tax. I never heard such spin in my life.
BO is a spin doctor!!!

cat slave
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
I feel so sorry for Al Gore. He keeps traveling around the world in his private jet, telling anyone who will listen how man is destroying the pleant by living - yet the weather is not cooperating

http://www.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.1527330.1255706547!image/1102643544.jpg_gen/derivatives/display_600/1102643544.jpg

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — An autumn storm brought snow to parts of Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey, the earliest snow on record in some towns used to harsh winters.

Cornell University weather scientists say the snow that started Thursday set records for the earliest date with an inch of snow in Binghamton, Ithaca and Olean in New York and Altoona and State College in Pennsylvania.

The National Weather Service says there's 4.5 inches of snow in State College, Pa., and 2 more inches are possible through Saturday morning.

Port Allegany in northwestern Pennsylvania and Perrysburg in western New York both got more than 3 inches of snow. Most areas east of Lake Erie and parts of northwestern New Jersey got 2 inches or less.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/northeast-fall-snowstorm-breaks-records-in-ny-pa-1.1527283

You just have to laugh! And TN has been cool all summer actually breaking
some records for being below temperature. There is no way to make a fireball out of a snowball...it just doesnt work. Gore needs to find a real
job.

Jeff
10-19-2009, 07:15 PM
You just have to laugh! And TN has been cool all summer actually breaking
some records for being below temperature. There is no way to make a fireball out of a snowball...it just doesnt work. Gore needs to find a real
job.

The worst part is he has made over 100 million dollars with this Global warming BS

Some people are just to stupid for there own good :laugh2:

sgtdmski
10-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Remember last year, they were all set to have a conference in NY City on Global warming and it had to be cancelled because of an ice storm.

When are the scientists finally going to admit that the earth experience temperature cycles in which the temperature is hot for a time, then cold, and then hot again.

When I was in high school during the 1980's I remember the discussions about Global Cooling by scientists and the coming of a new Ice Age.

See what I mean.

dmk

red states rule
10-19-2009, 10:46 PM
I am confident there are still many tree huggers out there who are willingly hand over more of their income to fight "climate change" via Obama's Cap and Trade bill

and they are happy to hand over more of our money as well

Jeff
10-20-2009, 07:30 AM
I am confident there are still many tree huggers out there who are willingly hand over more of their income to fight "climate change" via Obama's Cap and Trade bill

I know there is, Virgil just argued a couple weeks ago how Gore is right :eek:

Although I don't think he has the money to be handing over, I think his money goes to the local Liquor store :laugh2:

red states rule
10-20-2009, 07:32 AM
I know there is, Virgil just argued a couple weeks ago how Gore is right :eek:

Although I don't think he has the money to be handing over, I think his money goes to the local Liquor store :laugh2:

Given this thread is about record cold snaps and early snow - that was cold Jeff :laugh2:

Jeff
10-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Given this thread is about record cold snaps and early snow - that was cold Jeff :laugh2:

See that is the difference between myself and the Dems, I tell the truth :laugh2:

And by the way I know he isn't here or I would not of posted that, but I also know he is peeking in, :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

red states rule
10-20-2009, 07:37 AM
See that is the difference between myself and the Dems, I tell the truth :laugh2:

And by the way I know he isn't here or I would not of posted that, but I also know he is peeking in, :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Yes he is always on the outside and looking in. He even sent feedback this morning. Jim will get his morning laugh before he reads the comics in his morning paper :laugh2:

Jeff
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Yes he is always on the outside and looking in. He even sent feedback this morning. Jim will get his morning laugh before he reads the comics in his morning paper :laugh2:

Maybe Jim will consider his feedback the comics :laugh2:

red states rule
10-20-2009, 08:48 AM
Maybe Jim will consider his feedback the comics :laugh2:

Next Spring when the temps go up, Virgil and Al Gore will be vindicated

glockmail
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
I feel so sorry for Al Gore. He keeps traveling around the world in his private jet, telling anyone who will listen how man is destroying the pleant by living - yet the weather is not cooperating... He must have flown over my cabin in the mountains last weekend since we had 1/2" of snow Friday night and 1" snow Saturday night. This is in North Carolina.

emmett
10-20-2009, 04:15 PM

No No No No No, they want OTHERS to hand over their money, that's the deal.

Biggest scam in US History successfully orchestrated by idots on bigger idiots.

cat slave
10-20-2009, 07:07 PM
No No No No No, they want OTHERS to hand over their money, that's the deal.

Biggest scam in US History successfully orchestrated by idots on bigger idiots.

Ditto!

cat slave
10-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Ive hugged my quota of trees in my time and went through the environmental
movement a long time ago. Then I grew up, thought for myself and realized
that the whole movement was just one big political gig. So, been there,
done that and I intend to leave a sizable carbon footprint in the ice fields
of the next coming ice age..!

Kathianne
10-20-2009, 07:45 PM
I know of no one that wants a dirty environment-not air, water, or land. Yet, there are reasonable questions regarding the effects of gasoline and other carbon emissions. Then there are the light bulbs, which daddy Sam is going to make us change.

I recycle, reuse, and reduce. Seems only right. With that said, leave it to the people.

sgtdmski
10-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Living in Alaska I have seen many groups protest our plans for logging, roads, use of the forest and hunting. Yet not once have I seen them here.

It is easy to file court documents without ever having to set foot in the actual place you are trying to save.

I wonder how many people have actually been in ANWR. I would love ever member of Congress that has voted against the drilling there to actually join me on a trip there.

I would drop them off on a Monday afternoon and promptly pick them up on Tuesday morning. I wonder, how many of them will actually still be in good health by that time.

dmk

glockmail
10-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Snowshoe, West Virginia, just announced that they had a 2" snowstorm last night, and have started making snow. This is two weeks earlier than their previous start.

More solid evidence of global warming. LOL