PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Olbermann Allowed To Announce NFL Games?

red states rule
10-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Juan Williams asked a very good question on Fox news this morning. Libs do not want Rush owning an NFL team due to his "divisive" statements

But nobody says a word about Keith Olbermann doing games for NBC

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JO9GYClQ-E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6JO9GYClQ-E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sgtdmski
10-18-2009, 04:25 PM
It is probably because his ratings are so low that hardly anybody actually has a chance to hear his comments. I mean come on, the O'Reilly factor ratings are higher than MSNBC, CNN, CNBC and Headline News combined for the time slot.

dmk

red states rule
10-18-2009, 05:28 PM
It is probably because his ratings are so low that hardly anybody actually has a chance to hear his comments. I mean come on, the O'Reilly factor ratings are higher than MSNBC, CNN, CNBC and Headline News combined for the time slot.

dmk

People know

Keith even writes a blog over at the Daily Kos

Even though Hieth's ratings stink, his BS is well known - yet I have not heard a peep from the people who went after Rush over Keith's divisive comments

red states rule
10-19-2009, 08:34 AM
More double standards from the left

Double Standard: Olbermann Given Pass on NFL Commissioner's 'Divisive Comments' Edict

NBC 'Football Night in America' and MSNBC 'Countdown' host's 'Worst Persons in the World' segment attacks conservatives 45 times more than liberals.

After conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh was forced out of a consortium seeking to buy the National Football League’s St. Louis Rams, there’s evidence there is a double standard at play in the NFL.

Last week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that people in “responsible positions” in his league are held to a “higher standard,” reacting to the notion that Limbaugh could be a part-owner of an NFL franchise.

“I have said many times before that we are all held to a higher standard here,” Goodell said. “I think divisive comments are not what the NFL is all about. I would not want to see those kind of comments from people who are in a responsible position within the NFL. No. Absolutely not.”

Depending on what Goodell meant by “responsible position,” one would have to question why liberal flamethrower Keith Olbermann, host of MSNBC’s “Countdown,” plays a prominent role in the NFL’s most-watched pre-game show – NBC’s “Football Night in America.” According to the recent Nielsen ratings, the show was seen by nearly 15 million viewers on Oct. 4 and is regularly in the top 10 of all prime-time programming during football season.

That’s a question Fox News and National Public Radio contributor Juan Williams had for the NFL on the Oct. 18 broadcast of “Fox News Sunday.”

“Let me just come go back to something else Mara [Liasson] said, ‘Oh, it's a business decision, and people don't make divisive statements,’” Williams said. “I watch MSNBC sometimes, I see their talk show hosts, they're mocking liberals, going on, this is Keith Olbermann ... Conservatives are terrible, they’re a bunch of jerks, blah-de-blah. And then he's announcing the game. Nobody says, ‘Well, because he makes divisive statements he can't announce an NFL game.’ I don't see that.”

http://businessandmedia.org/articles/2009/20091019061640.aspx

sgtdmski
10-19-2009, 03:51 PM
The problem with NBC is not part of the NFL. Rush would have been a member of the NFL by being an owner. Unfortunately, Keith is a part of NBC which pays money to the NFL to broadcast the games.

But I agree, this is a double standard, because of the relationship between the two, perhaps enough pressure can be brought against the commissioner to make him take a stand.

dmk

red states rule
10-19-2009, 10:19 PM
The problem with NBC is not part of the NFL. Rush would have been a member of the NFL by being an owner. Unfortunately, Keith is a part of NBC which pays money to the NFL to broadcast the games.

But I agree, this is a double standard, because of the relationship between the two, perhaps enough pressure can be brought against the commissioner to make him take a stand.

dmk

I can see your point

Keith Olbermann can't possibly be divsive since nobody watchs his show. I guess alot of people read this thread and say "Keith who"?