PDA

View Full Version : Jimmie Johnson

Jeff
10-19-2009, 01:47 PM
I know there are those that don't believe Nascar is a sport, but ooo well don't read this ,:laugh2:

Jimmie Johnson wins 3 out of the first 5 chase races, is he onto his fourth championship ?

As far as I am concerned the only thing that can stop him, is him, they are that strong, if he wins it this year it will be the first time in history anybody has ever won 4 straight, quite a accomplished with the competition on the track now a days

SassyLady
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
He is absolutely phenomenal!!! Like a machine..........Martin and Gordon are pretty awesome as well.

Jeff
10-20-2009, 07:24 AM
He is absolutely phenomenal!!! Like a machine..........Martin and Gordon are pretty awesome as well.

They sure are, but did ya notice Martin re signed for 2 more years after this one, I think they know anyone of the Hendrix cars can win , so Martin signed on for 2 more years JJ will win this year, to make history , Martin or Gordon will win next and the other will win the third year, by then Martin will retire , as will Gordon cause of back pain, IMO anyway

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 05:45 PM
If only team Hendricks could get Junior winning.

Gordon is my driver, always has been and always will be, but I do root for the entire team. At least Gordon is part car-owner of the number 48 car.

I find it interesting that the top three in the chase right now are all Hendrick drivers.

This weekend is Martinsville, where Jeff will be going for win number 8. The last couple have gone to Jimmy but in two races now toward the end it has been Jimmy and Jeff battling for first, with Jimmy winning. I think that this time around it might be Jeff's turn.

dmk

Jeff
10-21-2009, 06:04 PM
If only team Hendricks could get Junior winning.

Gordon is my driver, always has been and always will be, but I do root for the entire team. At least Gordon is part car-owner of the number 48 car.

I find it interesting that the top three in the chase right now are all Hendrick drivers.

This weekend is Martinsville, where Jeff will be going for win number 8. The last couple have gone to Jimmy but in two races now toward the end it has been Jimmy and Jeff battling for first, with Jimmy winning. I think that this time around it might be Jeff's turn.

dmk

Jimmie has the last 5 out of 6 I think, but your right him and Gordon battle it out, they are both good at this track, as for Jr. I think he has lost his edge, after watching his Dad die, and then almost burning to death himself, Hell that would make anyone think twice, He has more money and fame than he knows what to do with, time for him to just be a car owner

Trigg
10-21-2009, 08:57 PM
I don't know how people watch nascar, what is interresting about watching people turn left.

Jeff
10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't know how people watch nascar, what is interresting about watching people turn left.

At 200 MPH inches apart, actually I use to feel the same as you Trigg, but ya watch and learn, it is so much more than just turning left, Ya need to go to a race and feel the excitement, Many races sell as many tickets as the super bowl does, Not real sure how to explain it to you other than I use to say the same as you, and know I am glued to the TV listening on Sirius or at the track

Trigg
10-22-2009, 03:10 PM
At 200 MPH inches apart, actually I use to feel the same as you Trigg, but ya watch and learn, it is so much more than just turning left, Ya need to go to a race and feel the excitement, Many races sell as many tickets as the super bowl does, Not real sure how to explain it to you other than I use to say the same as you, and know I am glued to the TV listening on Sirius or at the track

Well maybe if I went to a live race it would be more interresting. Watching it on TV is dead boring.

Hubby's family loves nascar, I just don't get it.

sgtdmski
10-24-2009, 04:24 PM
If you get a chance check out the Direct TV track pass that they are running for free this year. Pick a car and a channel and listen as the radio describes the race and you can hear the driver, spotter and crew chief talking on their radios. It is interesting to see how strategies play out, how changes are made, and what is going through the mind of the crew chiefs and drivers during the race.

Seeing it live also helped. I never really got into NASCAR until I had been able to see some live races. My first live race was not a NASCAR race but a local dirt track race. The smell of the fumes, the roar of the engines and the excitement of the fans is unbelievable.

If you can see if you have a local track near you and check it out one Friday night.

I was also lucky to have a new track in Kansas when I was living in Missouri so I was able to go to the NASCAR races. During one weekend I actually signed up for and paid (at the time it was $75) to take part in the Richard Petty Driving Experience, where I was strapped into the passenger seat and taken on a qualifying run with an experienced driver. We only were going 170 mph, but man what a thrill. Coming out of the corner and shooting toward the wall, and then cutting hard into the corner to make the next turn. It was unbelievable.

I was lucky enough to have a track nearby so I could partake in the Richard Petty Driving Experience, and I used it to the maximum, paying the money to actually take driving lessons and being able to make a qualifying run and partake in a race with other people like me. It was an unbelievable thrill. I hope that one day I can do it again, and look forward to taking the full package deal that they offer, not the mini package I took the last time.

The other great thing about the NASCAR track is the fan zones that they offer. For a small additional fee you can get access to these zones where they have all kind of fun events. You can change a tire like the pit crew, watch the car go through inspection, see live interviews with drivers and meet drivers and crew members to get autographs and photos.

dmk