PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Installs Red Phone for White House

red states rule
10-20-2009, 06:05 AM
This is great. Beck is throwing it right back in the administration's face

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3fYE_Dg3mY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n3fYE_Dg3mY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chesswarsnow
10-20-2009, 07:15 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Makes him look kinda stupid, if you asked me.
2. He should know they will never call.
3. Its kinda a mockery, and in this day and age, that doesn't help much.
4. Makes him appear to be a loose cannon.
5. I like GB, but this is over the top stupid.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
10-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Gkenn is calling out the idiots in the administration. They say Fox is biased and does not allow other views to be heard - which is a lie

So Glenn has a phone where anyone from the WH can call in. Glen would also give the entire hour to anyone from the WH to come on and give their side

This is another example as to why Glenn's ratings are climbing and why his radio show is now #3 - behind Sean and Rush

10-20-2009, 07:43 AM
Glenn's got the Bat Phone:)

red states rule
10-20-2009, 07:45 AM

A rep worthy post - I spit out my Pepsi as I read it

Jeff
10-20-2009, 07:48 AM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to avatar4321 again

that was a good one

red states rule
10-20-2009, 07:54 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3276/2698584823_0a76d33b67.jpg

actsnoblemartin
10-20-2009, 08:31 AM
yes it was

:coffee:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to avatar4321 again

that was a good one

red states rule
10-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I like it when people like Glenn get in the face of the administration and call them out

Obama knows he, or any member of his staff, can go on Fox News anytime to counter what they call lies and distortions

But they know damn well they can't counter the truth so they attack the messenger. All they are doing to showing how thinskinned they are, and driving up the ratings for Fox News

10-20-2009, 10:38 AM
I like it when people like Glenn get in the face of the administration and call them out

Obama knows he, or any member of his staff, can go on Fox News anytime to counter what they call lies and distortions

But they know damn well they can't counter the truth so they attack the messenger. All they are doing to showing how thinskinned they are, and driving up the ratings for Fox News

I like it when we get in the face of any administration and call out the BS. I fear we dropped the ball alot during the past few.

cat slave
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I think its great. How better to rub their faces in it than to have a private
line to be open to only them to tell him just where he is wrong.

Hell, no, it wont ring....Beck would make mincemeat out of them simply
by asking questions they would not answer, which is the whole point
anyway.

cat slave
10-20-2009, 07:26 PM

I think they are in shock because they never figured anyone would be able
to put two and two together and get the answer they feared would be
asked. They think we are totally stupid, you know! Red necked, astro
turfed revolutionaries.

Noir
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM
And you guys say that British politics is childish? This is honestly the kinda thing that should be on comedy shows, not the bloomin news, but hey, whatever ticks your clock.

Kathianne
10-20-2009, 08:02 PM
And you guys say that British politics is childish? This is honestly the kinda thing that should be on comedy shows, not the bloomin news, but hey, whatever ticks your clock.

I wish I could say anyone here spent much time actually looking at Brits politics, truth is, none of us do. Yeah, Americans are rather self-centered, it's a hell of a big country with lots to look into.

Noir
10-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I wish I could say anyone here spent much time actually looking at Brits politics, truth is, none of us do. Yeah, Americans are rather self-centered, it's a hell of a big country with lots to look into.

I'm not saying you guys should look at any depth into British politics, how'd you get that from my post?
I can just recall times when members here have called the British system childish, and yet they seem to be rolling all over this stuff =/

Kathianne
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm not saying you guys should look at any depth into British politics, how'd you get that from my post?
I can just recall times when members here have called the British system childish, and yet they seem to be rolling all over this stuff =/

Links from or about Brit papers or sources, ie., BBC.

Not saying your country's take isn't important, but until Obama's election, we really weren't going European. Today may be the turn about, AP is saying that we should get ready for accepting a normal 10% unemployment rate, right there with EU. ;)

During Bush's 'reign', 5.2 unemployment was called unacceptable. Fools, we should have known they meant it was too low.

Noir
10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Links from or about Brit papers or sources, ie., BBC.

Not saying your country's take isn't important, but until Obama's election, we really weren't going European. Today may be the turn about, AP is saying that we should get ready for accepting a normal 10% unemployment rate, right there with EU. ;)

During Bush's 'reign', 5.2 unemployment was called unacceptable. Fools, we should have known they meant it was too low.

Riiiiight i don't see how this has anything to do with what i posted lol,

The point i was making is that i remember folks telling me that the british political system is childish...and yet ya's are lapping up this Beck tosh about a phone...anyways no matter, tis hardly a big deal, just something i noticed.

Kathianne
10-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Riiiiight i don't see how this has anything to do with what i posted lol,

The point i was making is that i remember folks telling me that the british political system is childish...and yet ya's are lapping up this Beck tosh about a phone...anyways no matter, tis hardly a big deal, just something i noticed.

I never said, childish. I don't watch Beck, he's right there with Rush, too hyperbolic for me. On the other hand, if they wish to take away his freedom of speech, I'll go to bat for him.

Noir
10-20-2009, 08:47 PM
I never said, childish. I don't watch Beck, he's right there with Rush, too hyperbolic for me. On the other hand, if they wish to take away his freedom of speech, I'll go to bat for him.

I neva said you did, i never mentioned anyone specificly.

"I'd go bat for him"

Say what? Is this some kind of youthamistic innuendo?
xD

Kathianne
10-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I neva said you did, i never mentioned anyone specificly.

"I'd go bat for him"

Say what? Is this some kind of youthamistic innuendo?
xD

Meaning criticizing those outlets that attempt to silence him. That's what is going on now with Rush.

I don't think I've ever quoted Newsbusters, they're usually way too over the top for me, but this is spot on with what is going on today:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/lachlan-markay/2009/10/20/unlike-nixon-obamas-media-attacks-generate-little-press-anger

Unlike Nixon, Obama's Media Attacks Generate Little Press Anger
By Lachlan Markay
October 20, 2009 - 16:25 ET

Is Barack Obama turning into Spiro Agnew? The White House's attacks on the Fox News smack of the distaste for media opposition espoused by Nixon's vice president almost 40 years ago but are being met with a decidedly different reaction today by the elite media.

Pundits have wondered aloud since last week why the White House would pursue a strategy that seems to be boosting the ratings of a purported 'opposition' news network. MSNBC's Joe Scarborough posited today that the White House's attacks on Fox News are designed to prevent the mainstream media from picking up on stories damaging to the administration (video embedded below the fold, h/t to NB reader Kirk W.).

Every time Fox breaks a story on the radical connections of a White House advisor or appointee, the news is potentially damaging to the administration. But damage is only really done if the rest of the media picks up on the story, reports it, and turns it into a national news sensation, a la Van Jones.

Yesterday I said they were playing to their base and I was talking about their democratic base. I think I've figured this out. I think they're playing to another base, and that's the Washington press corps. Because it doesn't make any, as Donny Deutsch was saying yesterday, it doesn't make any sense to attack a cable news network because you drive their ratings up. They don't care. Let Glenn Beck and Oreilly and Hannity get as high ratings as they want. They've got to make Fox News a dirty name within the Washington press corps...

So Fox News, while they're throwing a lot of mud at the wall, some of it's sticking and some of it's been damaging for the White House. So again, lets figure out what the White House is doing here. They're trying to get the mainstream media to not follow any of their stories even if some of those stories would be considered I think legitimate by the majority of Americans.
Fox Senior Political Analyst Brit Hume, echoed comments he made on "Special Report," chronicled by NewsBuster Jeff Poor. "This is an effort in effect to quarantine Fox News, and to discourage other media outlets from picking up on stories that originate here," Hume stated.

He added, in reference to Fox's reports on the radical ties of numerous Obama advisors and appointees, that "reporting that continues to remind people of [Obama's] leftish sensibilities and background and associations has got to be something that they don't appreciate."

So far the administration's attempts to stifle dissent on Fox News has been met with little criticism from the media elite. Some have voiced criticism, but have gone unnoticed by the mainstream media. Veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas even compared the administration's actions to those of the Nixon administration, which notoriously attempted to stifle dissent in the press.

"What the hell do they think we are, puppets?" Thomas asked. Given the uproar over Spiro Agnew's scathing critique of stilted media coverage of President Nixon's call for the "silent majority" to support the Vietnam War, it is striking that there has been this virtual silence on the Obama administration's attacks on Fox News (one Washington Post blogger astoundingly stated that "Fox should stop whining").

Agnew's suggestion that the media distorted the news by misrepresenting and sensationalizing facts, due to preconceived positions on those facts, was derided by critics in the news media at the time. The New York Times criticized the "totalitarian stance [Agnew] represents."

Norman Isaacs, then-president of the American Society of Newspaper Editors, said, "What we're facing now is a drive for a real one party press, not through free expression but through open intimidation by the top officials of our government... I cannot help but wonder what the substantive difference is between the administration's position and that in practice in the Soviet Union."

Democratic politicians also criticized what they saw as a totalitarian attempt to stifle political dissent in the news media. According to the Fredericksburg Free-Lance Star, "Democratic leaders...have accused the Nixon administration of seeking to stifle criticism and suppress dissent in the United States." The Star recalled Hubert Humphrey's statement that,
The Nixon administration's attack on the news media, as expressed by Vice President Agnew...alarm those who believe in the right to dissent and in a free press... Certainly government officials have a right to defend their actions and to challenge those who criticize them... But when the highest officials of the government launch a deliberate and premeditated attack upon the right to comment...this is a serious matter and a cause for alarm.
No such characterizations have been raised against the Obama administration, which is employing Agnew-esque tactics designed to downplay and minimize criticism of the White House. That is a real problem, especially given that the media today are of the same political persuasion as the president. Left-leaning journalists who are sitting on their hands while a lone outpost of "truth to power" journalism is being attacked at the highest levels of executive power are setting a terrible precedent for future journalists.

red states rule
10-20-2009, 10:30 PM
I wonder how CNN or MSNBC would have reacted if Pres Bush would have cried about the coverage he got from them

The White House is in a growing panic, Their hope and change is falling flat, much like Obama's approval numbers

red states rule
10-21-2009, 06:50 AM
I think they are in shock because they never figured anyone would be able
to put two and two together and get the answer they feared would be
asked. They think we are totally stupid, you know! Red necked, astro
turfed revolutionaries.

I do hope Obama and the left keep attacking Fox News. Looks at the ratings from Monday

Fox News is destroying the "competition" and Glenn Beck is beating Chris Matthews by more then 5 to 1

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/the_scoreboard_monday_october_19_140751.asp#more

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 03:25 PM

First of all it is not a news program. Glenn Beck's show is a political commentary program in which he gives his opinion on what is occurring in the news.

See, this is why so many people believe that FOX is not a news station, because the lines of what is news have been so blurred.

dmk

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 03:31 PM
You have to love the way that Bush handled the negative press pressure he was receiving. He just ignored it and continued to do what it was he was doing.

That says a lot. He was able to handle the pressure and stick to the principles and decisions he made. However, when you lead by popularity polls you can't ignore the press, you have to make sure that they support you so you can know exactly what direction to lead.

dmk

red states rule
10-21-2009, 10:27 PM
You have to love the way that Bush handled the negative press pressure he was receiving. He just ignored it and continued to do what it was he was doing.

That says a lot. He was able to handle the pressure and stick to the principles and decisions he made. However, when you lead by popularity polls you can't ignore the press, you have to make sure that they support you so you can know exactly what direction to lead.

dmk

Pres Bush also never blamed the provious administration for the problems that were left for him to deal with

Much like Ronald Reagan, he did his job

A lesson Obama needs to learn. if put as much effort in repairing the economy and allowing the free market to create permanent jobs as he is trying destroy those who he dislikes, we would be in much better shape

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Pres Bush also never blamed the provious administration for the problems that were left for him to deal with

Much like Ronald Reagan, he did his job

A lesson Obama needs to learn. if put as much effort in repairing the economy and allowing the free market to create permanent jobs as he is trying destroy those who he dislikes, we would be in much better shape

I couldn't agree more!!!! It is easy to pass the blame, but for how long can you do it???? It is a new fiscal year, which means that we are now operating off the Obama budget. Therefore, Obama is responsible for the 9.8% unemployment, the 1.4 trillion dollar deficit, which by the way is almost 3 times the Bush 500 billion dollar deficit. Obama has no one left to blame. Obviously it is his policies that are failing. The blame Bush game might have worked in trying to get elected, but to say it is still Bush's fault now means one of two things:

Either Obama is totally incompetent and although being President is unable to understand the basic requirements of his job; or

Obama and his policies are responsible.

It is up to you Obama supporters to choose, but you best believe I will be reminding you of this up until the next election!!!!!!!!

Please continue to blame Bush, so I continue to call Obama the idiot that he is seeming to be.

dmk

red states rule
10-22-2009, 06:29 AM
I couldn't agree more!!!! It is easy to pass the blame, but for how long can you do it???? It is a new fiscal year, which means that we are now operating off the Obama budget. Therefore, Obama is responsible for the 9.8% unemployment, the 1.4 trillion dollar deficit, which by the way is almost 3 times the Bush 500 billion dollar deficit. Obama has no one left to blame. Obviously it is his policies that are failing. The blame Bush game might have worked in trying to get elected, but to say it is still Bush's fault now means one of two things:

Either Obama is totally incompetent and although being President is unable to understand the basic requirements of his job; or

Obama and his policies are responsible.

It is up to you Obama supporters to choose, but you best believe I will be reminding you of this up until the next election!!!!!!!!

Please continue to blame Bush, so I continue to call Obama the idiot that he is seeming to be.

dmk

It is easy to uiderstand why Obama expects the media to roll over and play dead for him - they did iot during the election

I have never heard any candidate or elected offical whine so publicly about the coverage he/she gets in the media