PDA

View Full Version : New Documentary "8: The Mormon Proposition."

chloe
10-20-2009, 09:43 AM
MchC55BUzsk

http://www.mormonproposition.com/movie.html

10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I can already tell from the out of context statements in the trailer that this documentary is going to be oh so accurate...

chloe
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I can already tell from the out of context statements in the trailer that this documentary is going to be oh so accurate...

It was on the news last night in Utah. While I support Gays rights to marry I also support Polygamists rights to marry. I think it's unfair to act like The Mormon church should not be allowed to speak out against it. The Religious Groups have every right to vote whatever way they want to and to campaign to their members what the official church stance is on an issue. It seems weird to me how non religious groups acuse religious groups of hate and political influence, but then proceed to demonize religion and campaign to strip the freedom of speech for religious groups.

theHawk
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM
The fags crying because they were told they are going to hell was a nice touch.

TRUTH HURTS!!

10-20-2009, 06:35 PM
The fags crying because they were told they are going to hell was a nice touch.

TRUTH HURTS!!

Truth does hurt, but the fact is no Mormon would tell them that. Which is another reason this video is showing evidence of being fradulent.

I can tell you that by watching that trail, i expect Michael Moore to be more accurate.

bullypulpit
10-21-2009, 03:59 AM
"The truth hurts..."? Which truth might that be? Neither Avi not Hawk would know what the truth was if it bit them on the ass, got lock-jaw and died. Their blind adherence to the extremist religious dogma, promulgated not so much by by people of genuine faith as by slick hucksters making a fast buck on spreading their own cults of personality, is breath-taking. Because, you see, it relieves them of the inherent necessity of taking responsibility for ones own thoughts and actions. In abdicating that responsibility, they become little better than sheep or lemmings...waiting to be led over the cliff.

bullypulpit
10-21-2009, 04:05 AM
It was on the news last night in Utah. While I support Gays rights to marry I also support Polygamists rights to marry. I think it's unfair to act like The Mormon church should not be allowed to speak out against it. The Religious Groups have every right to vote whatever way they want to and to campaign to their members what the official church stance is on an issue. It seems weird to me how non religious groups acuse religious groups of hate and political influence, but then proceed to demonize religion and campaign to strip the freedom of speech for religious groups.

Polygamy and polyandry are fine so long as the individuals involved are adults and are able to consent to being involved in such relationships...unlike some of the news we see coming out of these polygamist communities.

chloe
10-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Polygamy and polyandry are fine so long as the individuals involved are adults and are able to consent to being involved in such relationships...unlike some of the news we see coming out of these polygamist communities.

I think Religions should be allowed to have both of those marriage rights mentioned as long as they are within the laws for age of marriage. I really don't see what the big deal is. But ultimately it is still the government who said to religions you cant be polygamists even if that is your religious belief sister !

theHawk
10-21-2009, 09:42 AM
"The truth hurts..."? Which truth might that be? Neither Avi not Hawk would know what the truth was if it bit them on the ass, got lock-jaw and died. Their blind adherence to the extremist religious dogma, promulgated not so much by by people of genuine faith as by slick hucksters making a fast buck on spreading their own cults of personality, is breath-taking. Because, you see, it relieves them of the inherent necessity of taking responsibility for ones own thoughts and actions. In abdicating that responsibility, they become little better than sheep or lemmings...waiting to be led over the cliff.

Which extremist religious dogma do I subscribe to?

The only thing "breath-taking" here is your display of stupidity.

The people abdicating their responsibilities are homos and homo appeasers such as yourself. You're all so arrogant you want a majority of the country to change their religion for you. You want all of them to accept and condone homosexual "marriages", and to bestow the priviliges that come with it.

I'd like you or any other lying sack of shit to name the "right" that is being violated with these homosexuals. Have any been persecuted for going through with their gay "marriages"? Nope. Not one homo has been thrown in jail or fined for getting "married" to another homo. And no one is suggesting that should happen, as the government cannot interfere with private church matters. Just because the people don't recognize these so-called marriages doesn't mean anyone's "rights" have been violated.

The media has labeled this fight and these pieces of legislation as "bans on gay marriage" when they don't do any such thing. All they ever say is the state will not recognize "gay marriages". But homo-appeasing asshats like you just swallow whatever the liberal propaganda machine spews.

DragonStryk72
10-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Which extremist religious dogma do I subscribe to?

The only thing "breath-taking" here is your display of stupidity.

The people abdicating their responsibilities are homos and homo appeasers such as yourself. You're all so arrogant you want a majority of the country to change their religion for you. You want all of them to accept and condone homosexual "marriages", and to bestow the priviliges that come with it.

Way to not Judge people, and to Love Your Enemy. No one is asking them to "condone" anything, simply to accept that there are, in point of fact, other views in this world, and that marriage has meant multiple different things in the 10,000 years or so of human history. You know, that reason that judgment is reserved for God?

I'd like you or any other lying sack of shit to name the "right" that is being violated with these homosexuals. Have any been persecuted for going through with their gay "marriages"? Nope. Not one homo has been thrown in jail or fined for getting "married" to another homo. And no one is suggesting that should happen, as the government cannot interfere with private church matters. Just because the people don't recognize these so-called marriages doesn't mean anyone's "rights" have been violated.

Actually, it does. See, they may be married by the point of marriage, by common law, and by the manner in which they comport themselves, but "separate but equal" wasn't right, and neither is this. Our government believes in liberty, that liberty is the one thing that will bind us all together, and we need to allow this liberty, this basic, inherent right, to all, or simply take it away entirely.

The media has labeled this fight and these pieces of legislation as "bans on gay marriage" when they don't do any such thing. All they ever say is the state will not recognize "gay marriages". But homo-appeasing asshats like you just swallow whatever the liberal propaganda machine spews.

yes, that is a ban, meaning that it is not possible to be recognized as a married couple. Plain and simple, this is hate, and hate is wrong, regardless of what religion you belong to. You hold hate in your heart, and I pray that you will learn to let it go.

;

theHawk
10-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Way to not Judge people, and to Love Your Enemy. No one is asking them to "condone" anything, simply to accept that there are, in point of fact, other views in this world, and that marriage has meant multiple different things in the 10,000 years or so of human history. You know, that reason that judgment is reserved for God?

We do "accept who they are", we just don't agree with them. 'Marriage', by definition, is the union between a man and a woman. It makes a man a husband and the woman his wife. "Gays" have the same rights as anyone else, they have the "right" to get married to someone of the opposite sex - they simply choose not to. Heterosexuals that aren't married are in the same boat, they still and will always have the option of getting married.

Actually, it does. See, they may be married by the point of marriage, by common law, and by the manner in which they comport themselves, but "separate but equal" wasn't right, and neither is this. Our government believes in liberty, that liberty is the one thing that will bind us all together, and we need to allow this liberty, this basic, inherent right, to all, or simply take it away entirely.
WHAT LIBERTY is being taken away? Are they not allowed to vote? Are they being thrown in jail? Are they not allowed to appoint a power of attorney?

yes, that is a ban, meaning that it is not possible to be recognized as a married couple. Plain and simple, this is hate, and hate is wrong, regardless of what religion you belong to. You hold hate in your heart, and I pray that you will learn to let it go.
LOL, its a "ban" because it isn't possible to be recognized? A "ban" would mean that the act of performing a gay marriage would be illegal. There is no prohibition of gay marriages, plain and simple. Typical liberal, you lose an arguement so you have to start re-defining words.

"Hate is hate, and hate is wrong"
God hates sin:

Leviticus 20
13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Guess God is wrong in your book. :slap:

10-21-2009, 03:08 PM

What a surprise, you ignored the fact that they are blatantly lying on the video to attack people of faith. You are very predictible bully. Naive, but predictible.

Blind adherence? Simply because you are unable to understand the ways of God, doesnt mean the rest of us are.

You are somehow claiming that advocating for morality is abdicating responsibility for ones own thoughts and actions? Why is it then that you are the one that sounds like everyone else? Why is it those who engage in immorality are the ones ignoring the consequences for their actions and expecting us to somehow bend over backwards to change natural law to accommodate them?

You cant encourage immoral behavior and claim you are for personal responsibility. You can't abuse the ability to procreate and be responsible with it. You can deny the gift as much as you want, but you will never take responsibility for a gift you don't acknowledge.

chloe
10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
I still think it seems to be a government issue. In Utah at one point polygamy was legal and then when joining the states it became illegal. I am not sure if arranged marriages happen or are legal in us. I suppose I would need to read more on the history of marriage and the earliest accounts. I know religions have different views practices and beliefs about it. What is the earliest account in history of non-religious marriage? Is there a religious history of gay marriage for any religion?