PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Times=obama accomplishments

Trigg
10-20-2009, 12:25 PM
You'd think it's October 2008, the final month in the Obama presidential candidacy, rather than October 2009, nine months into the Obama presidency. Yet the Obama White House is in full campaign mode -- maybe because it needs to mask the shortcomings of the Obama presidency

Its Obama acolytes seek to demonize opponents of Obama's policies by focusing on most marginal corners of right-wing politics like, for example, the "birthers" who deny Obama is a natural born citizen. The larger scheme is to imply Obama critics are racists.

Obama media allies damning Americans as racist, unpatriotic and treasonous. Is this the America Obama promised when he campaigned to end the cynical and divisive politics of the past

LOVE THIS ARTICLE!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/huntley/1834209,CST-EDT-HUNT20.article

Kathianne
10-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Me too! A good friend of mine is the editor of Sun-Times since last Spring. I hope he's part of the reason more fair coverage and editorials are running.

However, even the Tribune is beginning to wake up:

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2009/10/white_house_vs_fox_news_round_2.html

White House vs. FOX News: Round Five
Posted October 20, 2009 1:45 PM
by Mark Silva

A new story line is developing in the ongoing war between the White House and the FOX News Channel, which started as a selective fight with a few commentators and has broadened to a contest between an administration and a network.

And some of FOX's competitors in the news business are starting to come to the defense of a network widely known for its conservative commentary but also involved in basic newsgathering.

Robert Gibbs, the White House press secretary, faced a question today from ABC News' Jake Tapper about the characterization of FOX as not a news network in the sense that, say, CNN is -- that's what White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel has said, on CNN over the weekend, and what Communications Director Anita Dunn has said, on CNN over the past weekend.

"That's a pretty sweeping declaration that they are "not a news organization." How are they any different from, say...'' Tapper asked Gibbs.

"ABC...'' Gibbs said.

Tapper: "ABC. MSNBC. Univision. I mean how are they any different?''

Gibbs: "You and I should watch sometime around 9 o'clock tonight. Or 5 o'clock this afternoon.''

Tapper: "I'm not talking about their opinion programming or issues you have with certain reports. I'm talking about saying thousands of individuals who work for a media organization, do not work for a "news organization" -- why is that appropriate for the White House to say?''

Gibbs: "That's our opinion.''.... Lots of links at site.