PDA

View Full Version : European Press Chimes in on V Tech

krisy
04-17-2007, 10:04 AM
OF course,nothing but critiscm. They are perfect tho.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,477686,00.html

This is one of my favorites

Italian daily Il Messaggero writes:

"The bloodbath on the university campus is the work of a suicide killer -- an American suicide killer who, differently from Muslim killers, did not act out of religious motives but was driven instead by the unrest affecting broad layers of US society. America is a nation that has for some years been in danger of becoming more and more unloved in the world, especially in the poorest countries. During the period following World War II, America was seen as the guardian of democracy and was equated with the defense of liberty; today, America is a superpower that begins wars and lives with the constant necessity of having to defend itself against the enemy -- whether this enemy be called Islam or whether it bears the face of the neighbor who has done you wrong."

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Well they are wrong on all counts but that's the euros for ya. He was a south korean to start with. And he could well have been a muslim. Or some other ideology.

But the eruo's will take every opportunity to knock down America, especially commie rags like this one.

krisy
04-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Well,I'm sure the good ol USA is only gone bad temporarily. When and if a Liberal gets into office,we will be the greatest nation on earth once again, everything we do will be once again justified.

I believe they need to focus on making their own countries a little better. My sister in laws sister lives in London. She says more of their news is about the US than their own country.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Well they are wrong on all counts but that's the euros for ya. He was a south korean to start with. And he could well have been a muslim. Or some other ideology.

But the eruo's will take every opportunity to knock down America, especially commie rags like this one.

Shoot down the reasoning as well. He was an obsessive person driven by being dumped by his chick.

04-17-2007, 10:44 AM
They really havent spelled out why exactly they think he did this, and yet the European media thinks they can blame it on "American unrest"

krisy
04-17-2007, 11:03 AM
They really havent spelled out why exactly they think he did this, and yet the European media thinks they can blame it on "American unrest"

Yes. They have jumped on the opportunity to pick on the U.S. and it's gun laws,not even knowing the facts of this case,and throwing in things that have nothing to do with this incident at all.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM

It sounds as if the guy is certifiably crazy, taking meds and in treatment. That means we can all just write it off and do nothing about it. :rolleyes:

Mr. P
04-17-2007, 11:11 AM
The European folks need to STFU and get to Burka shopping bfore the 'DEADLINE".

krisy
04-17-2007, 11:18 AM
The European folks need to STFU and get to Burka shopping bfore the 'DEADLINE".

Agreed.

I suppose there is no crime problem in Europe.

No,wait a minute,I forgot about all the terroists that live there. But ,no,no,it is doing the world a better service to write uneducated foolish commentaries that promote their own way of thinking.

Notice how the Republicans were brought up in some of these aricles. It's all our fault. Even the crime over there is our fault really:lame2:

glockmail
04-17-2007, 11:57 AM
Agreed.

I suppose there is no crime problem in Europe.

No,wait a minute,I forgot about all the terroists that live there. But ,no,no,it is doing the world a better service to write uneducated foolish commentaries that promote their own way of thinking.

Notice how the Republicans were brought up in some of these aricles. It's all our fault. Even the crime over there is our fault really:lame2:

I think we all need to agree here and now that when the Euros get taken over by the Muzies and want us to help we should simply ignore them. :pee:

Samantha
04-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Well,I'm sure the good ol USA is only gone bad temporarily. When and if a Liberal gets into office,we will be the greatest nation on earth once again, everything we do will be once again justified.

I believe they need to focus on making their own countries a little better. My sister in laws sister lives in London. She says more of their news is about the US than their own country.
I'm sure that's sarcasm, but you have to admit, as soon as we get ANYONE else besides Bush/Cheney/Rummy/Wolfowitz/Negroponte/Rice/Rove/Libby and the rest of the neocons, things will get much better. Our standing in the world will rise on 1/20/09 when we get an intelligent Pres and VP. Inshah Allah (God willing). ;)

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm sure that's sarcasm, but you have to admit, as soon as we get ANYONE else besides Bush/Cheney/Rummy/Wolfowitz/Negroponte/Rice/Rove/Libby and the rest of the neocons, things will get much better. Our standing in the world will rise on 1/20/09 when we get an intelligent Pres and VP. Inshah Allah (God willing). ;)

Only if we get a strong conservative president. A lib will just sell us out to islam.

:pee: allah

Mr. P
04-17-2007, 12:34 PM

You see here is a problem, many see "Our Standing in the World" more important than "Our way of life" or our "Owen Country".

Gunny
04-17-2007, 12:37 PM
Only if we get a strong conservative president. A lib will just sell us out to islam.

Move over and don't hog the trough.:pee:

glockmail
04-17-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm sure that's sarcasm, but you have to admit, as soon as we get ANYONE else besides Bush/Cheney/Rummy/Wolfowitz/Negroponte/Rice/Rove/Libby and the rest of the neocons, things will get much better. Our standing in the world will rise on 1/20/09 when we get an intelligent Pres and VP. Inshah Allah (God willing). ;) We Patriots have since the beginning cared little about our "standing in the world". In fact, we have repeatedly turned European concepts upside down, and hopefully will continue to do so. :pee:

Samantha
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM

That's just ignorant fear talking, no offense, I understand you've been brainwashed by FOX to believe that.

By the way,

You piss on God?

You do know that Christian, Muslim and Jew all worship the same God don't you?

glockmail
04-17-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm glad we could all get together on this.

:pee: :pee: :pee:
Euro/ Allah/ Liberals

glockmail
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
That's just ignorant fear talking, no offense, I understand you've been brainwashed by FOX to believe that.

By the way,

You piss on God?

The Muslim god is not the Judeo-Christain God, as Mohamed was a false phophet. :slap:

Samantha
04-17-2007, 12:42 PM
That's the attitude the neocons have and that's why we are now a hated country. For the first time in the history of the US.

It's disgraceful. Shameful.

And some are proud of it?

I guess the Nazis were proud too....

Samantha
04-17-2007, 12:44 PM
The Muslim god is not the Judeo-Christain God, as Mohamed was a false phophet. :slap:If Mohamed was a false prophet, as Jews say Jesus was not the son of God, that has nothing to do with God/Allah being one and the same.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 12:45 PM
That's the attitude the neocons have and that's why we are now a hated country. For the first time in the history of the US.

America hating by the Euros and the Muzzies has gone on since we were a colony. Hatred by US Libs is a more recent phenom.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 12:46 PM

That's cold, hard fact. What you Dems are offering currently are extremist iidiots. But then, I can see why that would appeal to you.
By the way,

You piss on God?

I'm not pissing on God. I piss on a hateful, intolerant religion. and those who try to use it to incite.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 12:48 PM
If Mohamed was a false prophet, as Jews say Jesus was not the son of God, that has nothing to do with God/Allah being one and the same. Even the Jews and Muzzies recognize Jesus as a great teacher. Yet Mohamed flushes His teachings down the toilet, proving that allah is a false god.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 12:49 PM

That's an absolute lie, and unsubstantiated rhetoric.

I see the last three lines are pretty good self-evalution for you. The first step to recovery.

Samantha
04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
America hating by the Euros and the Muzzies has gone on since we were a colony. Hatred by US Libs is a more recent phenom.Wrong. The world has never hated us as they do today. We are a country that tortures people. We are a country that tells lies to invade other countries. We have a President who incites anger and hatred by name calling and threatening. He puts a neo con in the UN. He puts a neocon in the World Bank. It's only a dishonest fantasy that you've been brainwashed with that US libs hate America. US libs love America so much they want to see it back to the way it was before Bush tainted our name so badly that we are looked down upon now instead of respected. Maybe it's you loyalist neocons that actually hate the US. Think about it. You love the way the world hates us now, and see nothing wrong with it right?

I'm not pissing on God. I piss on a hateful, intolerant religion. and those who try to use it to incite. Oh really? Why then did you piss on Allah instead of Islam or Muslims or better yet just plain old terrorists. You want to piss on terrorism, but you piss on God instead?

Samantha
04-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Even the Jews and Muzzies recognize Jesus as a great teacher. Yet Mohamed flushes His teachings down the toilet, proving that allah is a false god.Allah = God.

It's the same God, just a different language.

darin
04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Wrong. The world has never hated us as they do today.

The world doesn't hate us. A minority of vocal idiots hate us...were you around in Europe in the mid 80s? People hated the US then probably more than at ANY point in our history because we wanted to position missiles there.

We are a country that tortures people. We are a country that tells lies to invade other countries. We have a President who incites anger and hatred by name calling and threatening. He puts a neo con in the UN. He puts a neocon in the World Bank. It's only a dishonest fantasy that you've been brainwashed with that US libs hate America. US libs love America so much they want to see it back to the way it was before Bush tainted our name so badly that we are looked down upon now instead of respected. Maybe it's you loyalist neocons that actually hate the US. Think about it. You love the way the world hates us now, and see nothing wrong with it right?

Oh really? Why then did you piss on Allah instead of Islam or Muslims or better yet just plain old terrorists. You want to piss on terrorism, but you piss on God instead?

TALK about dishonest...You are a lying HACK and unworthy to bear the title 'Citizen' of the US of A. No, the world doesn't hate america as much as YOU hate america.

darin
04-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Allah = God.

It's the same God, just a different language.

Not even close to true. Holy Crap, woman...Get an EDUCATION, will ya?

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
If Mohamed was a false prophet, as Jews say Jesus was not the son of God, that has nothing to do with God/Allah being one and the same.

You need to research islam before making comparisons to the jews and christians. islam is a religion based on evil and death. There is no love in the koran. Just submission and death. It is as anti-christian as any religion can be.

mohamad was a murdering, thieving, pediphile who used his made up religion for conquest. It is not a religion of peace. It is not the same as the hebrew or christian religions.

Your misconception of this religion is common throughout this country and the world.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Wrong. The world has never hated us as they do today. We are a country that tortures people. We are a country that tells lies to invade other countries. We have a President who incites anger and hatred by name calling and threatening. He puts a neo con in the UN. He puts a neocon in the World Bank. It's only a dishonest fantasy that you've been brainwashed with that US libs hate America. US libs love America so much they want to see it back to the way it was before Bush tainted our name so badly that we are looked down upon now instead of respected. Maybe it's you loyalist neocons that actually hate the US. Think about it. You love the way the world hates us now, and see nothing wrong with it right?

Oh really? Why then did you piss on Allah instead of Islam or Muslims or better yet just plain old terrorists. You want to piss on terrorism, but you piss on God instead?

Hardly. You can claim God is the same all you want, and at one time it may have been so on paper. In practice, no God of hate and intolerance is a God of mine.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 01:08 PM
The world doesn't hate us. A minority of vocal idiots hate us...were you around in Europe in the mid 80s? People hated the US then probably more than at ANY point in our history because we wanted to position missiles there.

TALK about dishonest...You are a lying HACK and unworthy to bear the title 'Citizen' of the US of A. No, the world doesn't hate america as much as YOU hate america.

:clap:

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Wrong. The world has never hated us as they do today. We are a country that tortures people. We are a country that tells lies to invade other countries. We have a President who incites anger and hatred by name calling and threatening. He puts a neo con in the UN. He puts a neocon in the World Bank. It's only a dishonest fantasy that you've been brainwashed with that US libs hate America. US libs love America so much they want to see it back to the way it was before Bush tainted our name so badly that we are looked down upon now instead of respected. Maybe it's you loyalist neocons that actually hate the US. Think about it. You love the way the world hates us now, and see nothing wrong with it right?

what country do you live in?

libs want this country back to pre 9/11 days when they could go about their business dumb and with their heads buried in the sand.

The world has always hated us and always will, except when they want something from us.

:pee: allah :pee: islam :pee: muslims :pee: terrorists :pee: liberals

Does that cover all of em?

krisy
04-17-2007, 02:26 PM
samantha. As long as we are the most powerful nation in the world,we will have lots of people that don't like us. It isn't George Bush. It isn't just the war. Remember after 9-11 how after awhile the critiscm started coming out? It wasn't long. That was before we even attacked Afghanistan.Other countries started to try to somehow justify that atrocity by saying our policies brought that on. How sick is that? It's just the way it is when you are on top.

5stringJeff
04-17-2007, 02:30 PM

By the way,

You piss on God?

Wrong. Jews and Muslims do not recognize the deity of Christ or the Triune Nature of God.

Abbey Marie
04-17-2007, 02:31 PM

Interesting choice of words. Are you Muslim? Or just a Muslim wannabe?

Samantha
04-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Hardly. You can claim God is the same all you want, and at one time it may have been so on paper. In practice, no God of hate and intolerance is a God of mine.

It is the same God, whether you like it or not. Christianity and Islam come from Judaism. Before that there was paganism with many gods and goddesses, like Pan.

And I agree about not wanting to worship a God of hate and intolerance. Therefore I have turned from Christian to agnostic recently. Since Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq and since he keeps invoking God's name in his warmongering and lies. I don't want anything to do with that God either.

Samantha
04-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Interesting choice of words. Are you Muslim? Or just a Muslim wannabe?I just know a little Arabic. Does that make me the enemy?

LOLOL!!!! The ignorance on this board is mindblowing.

Samantha
04-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Wrong. Jews and Muslims do not recognize the deity of Christ or the Triune Nature of God.
I never said they did.

But they all worship the same god the father.

Christians think Jesus was the magic son of God.

Muslims think Mohamed was the magic son of God.

Jews thinks the son of God has not magically come yet.

Dilloduck
04-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I just know a little Arabic. Does that make me the enemy?

LOLOL!!!! The ignorance on this board is mindblowing.

It is-----please improve it by leaving !

krisy
04-17-2007, 04:13 PM
It is the same God, whether you like it or not. Christianity and Islam come from Judaism. Before that there was paganism with many gods and goddesses, like Pan.

And I agree about not wanting to worship a God of hate and intolerance. Therefore I have turned from Christian to agnostic recently. Since Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq and since he keeps invoking God's name in his warmongering and lies. I don't want anything to do with that God either.

I hope your kidding.

theHawk
04-17-2007, 04:26 PM
I never said they did.

Muslims believe Muhammed was a prophet of god, not a "son". Its not the same God Christians worship. And their god's name is Allah. And he preaches a much different message, at least according to Muhammed.

Gunny
04-17-2007, 05:24 PM

I figured you'd try to twist it into taking a shot at Christianity.

Whether or not YOU like it, Christianity and Islam being derivatives of one God does not make the God of each the "same" God.

The God of Judaism is the God of Christianity. The God of Islam is a twisted version thereof; therefore, NOT the same.

Using what someone else calims to be doing in the name of God to turn your back on God is L-A-M-E.

Kathianne
04-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Please, where did Bush claim such? "Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq..."

Gaffer
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Samantha's ignorance of religions of all types is amazing. And her hatred of Bush is such that she blames him for her becoming an agnostic. Liberals have only one thing in common and one thing they all adher too, their hatred of Bush. Absolutely nothing else matters in this world except that.

Why did they want control of the house and senate? To go after and try to impeach Bush, not to change directions or do things better for the country. Bush hatred is the overwhelming factor for libs. even the threat of islam means nothing to them. They embrace it as long as it helps bring down and destroy Bush.

It's mind boggling.

LiberalNation
04-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Unless there is more than one God, they are all the same God. People may interpret that god and his message differently and have one or two different prophets but they are mostly speaking their views of the same "God" in the end.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 07:24 PM
Wrong. The world has never hated us as they do today. We are a country that tortures people. We are a country that tells lies to invade other countries. We have a President who incites anger and hatred by name calling and threatening. He puts a neo con in the UN. He puts a neocon in the World Bank. It's only a dishonest fantasy that you've been brainwashed with that US libs hate America. US libs love America so much they want to see it back to the way it was before Bush tainted our name so badly that we are looked down upon now instead of respected. Maybe it's you loyalist neocons that actually hate the US. Think about it. You love the way the world hates us now, and see nothing wrong with it right? ....
Spare me the Liberal nonsense. :slap:

Only the last sentence deserves a modicum of response: I don't give a damn about the rest of the world. They need us more than we need them.

glockmail
04-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Allah = God.

It's the same God, just a different language. So the same God (Cristian) elevates a woman to Mother of God, then turns around 400 years later and tells her to wear a burka? :wtf:

Have you read anything about these two religions or do you just swallow all the crap the muzzies tell you?

glockmail
04-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Unless there is more than one God, they are all the same God. People may interpret that god and his message differently and have one or two different prophets but they are mostly speaking their views of the same "God" in the end. Muzzy's say they are talking about the same God but since they have a false phophet they are really talking about the devil.

LiberalNation
04-17-2007, 07:51 PM
and they would say the same about you. Doesn't change the fact the God is one in the same. He is God and his people interpret him differently and give different people special status at times due to those interpretations.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 07:33 AM
and they would say the same about you. Doesn't change the fact the God is one in the same. He is God and his people interpret him differently and give different people special status at times due to those interpretations.
Obviously you have no knowledge of Islam. According to them, Jesus is "the greatest prophet".

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 07:39 AM
but not God himself as Christians believe.

Nuc
04-18-2007, 07:41 AM

The Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same god they are just too dumb to realize it. :lame2:

Gunny
04-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Unless there is more than one God, they are all the same God. People may interpret that god and his message differently and have one or two different prophets but they are mostly speaking their views of the same "God" in the end.

If that one God is presented as having certain qualities to one group, and another group presents Him as haveing different qualities, then it is not the "same God." He becomes a different God at the moment of interpretation.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 07:53 AM
The Christians, Jews and Muslims worship the same god they are just too dumb to realize it. :lame2:

I disagree for the reasoning in my preceeding post.

Nuc
04-18-2007, 07:59 AM
I disagree for the reasoning in my preceeding post.

Great but then by that definition different denominations of Christianity, or Islam or Judaism ALSO worship different gods. Do Southern Baptists, Catholics and Mormons worship the same god? By your definition, no. For Christ's sake (to coin a phrase) Jesuits and Franciscans don't worship the same god. Do Sufis and Shiites worship the same god? No. Do Reform and Orthodox Jews. No. By that definition.

So why should anybody without a vested interest take any of these warring factions seriously?

Hey, I like Jews, like some Christians and don't really like Muslims, but to me they're all if not the same, quite similar. That's because I reject the basic tenets of all these related religions. You're not going to say they're not related are you?

glockmail
04-18-2007, 08:08 AM
but not God himself as Christians believe.
Thanks for making my point, dear.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 08:47 AM
Great but then by that definition different denominations of Christianity, or Islam or Judaism ALSO worship different gods. Do Southern Baptists, Catholics and Mormons worship the same god? By your definition, no. For Christ's sake (to coin a phrase) Jesuits and Franciscans don't worship the same god. Do Sufis and Shiites worship the same god? No. Do Reform and Orthodox Jews. No. By that definition.

So why should anybody without a vested interest take any of these warring factions seriously?

Hey, I like Jews, like some Christians and don't really like Muslims, but to me they're all if not the same, quite similar. That's because I reject the basic tenets of all these related religions. You're not going to say they're not related are you?

Not sure I agree on this. There's difference, IMO, in different denominations based on minor nuances within a religion, and a separately derived religion.

Most denominations within Christianity I have had the opportunity to observe, take something from the New Testament -- usually a quite liberal interpretation -- and place an unwarranted amount of focus on it, but still following all other tenets of Christianity pretty-much the same.

Chrisitianity and Islam may begin with the same God on paper, but go their separate ways in practice. If the God of the Old Testament is altered by either, then you have difference.

And you can't say the message Christ brings is in any way comparable to the message Muhammed brings.

Nuc
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Not sure I agree on this. There's difference, IMO, in different denominations based on minor nuances within a religion, and a separately derived religion.

Most denominations within Christianity I have had the opportunity to observe, take something from the New Testament -- usually a quite liberal interpretation -- and place an unwarranted amount of focus on it, but still following all other tenets of Christianity pretty-much the same.

Chrisitianity and Islam may begin with the same God on paper, but go their separate ways in practice. If the God of the Old Testament is altered by either, then you have difference.

And you can't say the message Christ brings is in any way comparable to the message Muhammed brings.

That's a respectable opinion but there's another side to this. For example I have a fanatical Christian cousin who went as a missionary to Siberia. Eventually he was expelled from the country because they told him they already have Christianity (Orthodox) and don't want American fundamentalism there. Point is, my cousin sincerely believes that the difference in the WAY they worship Jesus is enough to send the poor Siberians to hell (and my cousin to heaven). How can this be possible if they are worshipping the same god? In my cousins view the Orthodox Christians may as well be Muslims, or worship a dead dog for that matter, because they're all going to hell. This to me is stupid.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 09:16 AM
That's a respectable opinion but there's another side to this. For example I have a fanatical Christian cousin who went as a missionary to Siberia. Eventually he was expelled from the country because they told him they already have Christianity (Orthodox) and don't want American fundamentalism there. Point is, my cousin sincerely believes that the difference in the WAY they worship Jesus is enough to send the poor Siberians to hell (and my cousin to heaven). How can this be possible if they are worshipping the same god? In my cousins view the Orthodox Christians may as well be Muslims, or worship a dead dog for that matter, because they're all going to hell. This to me is stupid.

There's no shortage of Christians who believe everyone who doesn't believe in their specific faith are going to Hell. There are in fact, churches/groups who claim to be Christian and practice anything but Christianity. That bunch of cooks running around to military funerals praising their deaths and atrrubuting them to our society accepting homosexuality come to mind.

When one's actions contradict one's word, then one is not what one claims to be because it is the actions, not the words that make us who and what we are.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere in the Old Testament that Islam was supposed to murder its way to the top; especially, when their hatred of Israel and Judaism is paramount and contradicts the Judeo-Christian bible.

04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
I never said they did.

If you think that is an accurate description of any religion, then you might want to study alittle more. The closest you came was with the Christian view.

04-18-2007, 10:41 AM

I dont think anyone loves the way the world hates us. Does anyone like being hated? Of course not.

But are you willing to compromise doing the right thing just so people will like you? If you are, people are going to walk all over you. There are more important things in life than being liked. And what is the point of having people like you when you aren't being yourself? If you compromise yourself to be liked, you will soon find out that they really dont like you at all even with the compromises.

Do what's right, regardless how people percieve it. Because i guarentee you'll find out who your geniune friends are when you are doing whats right then by trying to make them like you.

What you do is far more important than how you look when you do it.

04-18-2007, 10:44 AM
So the same God (Cristian) elevates a woman to Mother of God, then turns around 400 years later and tells her to wear a burka? :wtf:

Have you read anything about these two religions or do you just swallow all the crap the muzzies tell you?

Glock, you have to understand that the premeire reasonf or the burka is not to oppress women, but to promote modesty and respect. The fact that there are muslims who have lost this understanding and use it to oppress women doesnt really effect anything God might have said. Last time I checked God still delighted in modesty of women (and men). The burka can achieve that, its just been taken to an extreme by some wackos.

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks for making my point, dear.
yep so they would say you were worshiping a false god. Interpretation doesn't change God. He is the same God with people who interpret him differently just like different sects in christianity worship the same God the father even if they interpret some things differently.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
yep so they would say you were worshiping a false god. Interpretation doesn't change God. He is the same God with people who interpret him differently just like different sects in christianity worship the same God the father even if they interpret some things differently.

You're making a relativist argument. It doesn't matter what "they" say. They can claim whatever they like, but the fact is, they do not worship the same God Christians and Jews do. If they did, they'd be Christians or Jews.

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 02:42 PM
That's like saying if all christians worshiped the same god they would all be Catholic. Islam and christianity both come from Judeism. If Jews and Christian worship the same God then muslims must as well as it no more an off set from Judeism then christianity.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 02:47 PM
That's like saying if all christians worshiped the same god they would all be Catholic. Islam and christianity both come from Judeism. If Jews and Christian worship the same God then muslims must as well as it no more an off set from Judeism then christianity.

Islamists may have started out worshipping the same God, but if they do not worship Jesus Christ as one of the inseparable Holy Trinity, they cannot be worshipping the same God as Christians. It's really pretty simple.

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Neither can Jews then but Gunny seems to think they do.

Gaffer
04-18-2007, 03:03 PM
islam was created by mohamud. It borrowed from judism and other religions of the area. It was created as he went along to justify whatever he was doing at the time. It was a means to keep his followers in line. And an excuse for war and conquest. It was also used to make arabs superior to all other people.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Neither can Jews then but Gunny seems to think they do.

Christianity is based on the Old and New Testaments. Judaism is based on the same Old Testament. Judaism just ends where Christianity begins.

And Christ Himself was a Jew. The connection is obvious.

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 04:10 PM
SO is the connection with Islam, much of the Koran is based off the old testament. Jesus did about the same thing as Mohammad besides claiming to be God himself and not being in a position of power or trying to be.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Glock, you have to understand that the premeire reasonf or the burka is not to oppress women, but to promote modesty and respect. The fact that there are muslims who have lost this understanding and use it to oppress women doesnt really effect anything God might have said. Last time I checked God still delighted in modesty of women (and men). The burka can achieve that, its just been taken to an extreme by some wackos. That's a good point but there are many other ways that Islam degrades women. The bigger issue here is that Islam recognizes Jesus as "The Greatest Prophet", then turns around and negates much of His teachings. This fact alone is proof enough that Islam is a false religion.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 04:15 PM
yep so they would say you were worshiping a false god. Interpretation doesn't change God. He is the same God with people who interpret him differently just like different sects in christianity worship the same God the father even if they interpret some things differently. I think we should agree that this agument is one of mere semantics. I can see both sides, I just prefer my interpretation.

glockmail
04-18-2007, 04:16 PM
islam was created by mohamud. It borrowed from judism and other religions of the area. It was created as he went along to justify whatever he was doing at the time. It was a means to keep his followers in line. And an excuse for war and conquest. It was also used to make arabs superior to all other people.
Ding Ding!

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 04:19 PM
So, Christianity was created by Jesus.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 04:36 PM
SO is the connection with Islam, much of the Koran is based off the old testament. Jesus did about the same thing as Mohammad besides claiming to be God himself and not being in a position of power or trying to be.

"Based off of" but not "the."

04-18-2007, 05:07 PM
That's a good point but there are many other ways that Islam degrades women. The bigger issue here is that Islam recognizes Jesus as "The Greatest Prophet", then turns around and negates much of His teachings. This fact alone is proof enough that Islam is a false religion.

Honestly, ive personally wondered if Mohammand could have actually have been inspired. I think its possible and that the people could have quickly warped his teachings into something that was different because they were quite oral teachings for about the first 50 - 100 years of Islam. It wasnt until multiple versions of the quran started floating around that the Third Calph "compiled" the revelations into one book. That is more than enough time for compiling other teachings and stories etc.

But it doesnt really matter now, because Islam of today is clearly not the revealed religion of God.

04-18-2007, 05:08 PM
So, Christianity was created by Jesus.

So what Judaism. He was after all the God who gave Moses the Law.

Abbey Marie
04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Honestly, ive personally wondered if Mohammand could have actually have been inspired.

According to numerous sources, Mohammed was quite "inspired" by a 9 year old girl.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm

Pale Rider
04-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Sam... honey... have you ever seen this picture before. Study it closely. Do you see any resemblence? I thought you might. It looks like YOU doesn't it? Well, I'm hoping you can figure out what you need to do from here.....

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8201/yikespg7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

My feelings towards islam and the koran...

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/5004/toiletkoranbuzzarojo9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

LiberalNation
04-18-2007, 06:58 PM
According to numerous sources, Mohammed was quite "inspired" by a 9 year old girl.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm

and that was normal for the time. It's not good to judge the pasts by todays standards. Some people say Marry was only 12 to 14 when she was pregnant for jesus.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 05:38 AM
So, Christianity was created by Jesus. He is the Christ, as fortold by the Scriptures.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 05:41 AM
Honestly, ive personally wondered if Mohammand could have actually have been inspired. I think its possible and that the people could have quickly warped his teachings into something that was different because they were quite oral teachings for about the first 50 - 100 years of Islam. It wasnt until multiple versions of the quran started floating around that the Third Calph "compiled" the revelations into one book. That is more than enough time for compiling other teachings and stories etc.

But it doesnt really matter now, because Islam of today is clearly not the revealed religion of God.

The events of Jesus' life, as well as the Apostles, were not written down for many years. Going back to the Torah, these words were not written for centuries, being pased on by pure memory. The fact that the teachings of Jesus are in effect reversed in the Koran is not explained by dysfuntional memories.

glockmail
04-19-2007, 05:44 AM

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/sina/ayesha.htm And he was also "inspired" to massage his penis between her thighs to pleasure himself, until she was old enough to enter. Sick, but true.