PDA

View Full Version : Hockey????

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Are there any hockey fans out there?????

I just recently started watching the NHL again late last year as the Penguins made it into the playoffs and on to win the Stanley cup championship.

So this year, I am making a concentrated effort to watch as many games as I can, especially the Penguins. With Direct TV I am able to do this, though I am still pissed at the controversy with Versus, missed the game last night. But thankfully I have FSN Pittsburgh and get many of the games, as well as the NHL Network!!!!

So how bout the great start for the Pens this year? 8 - 1 - 0. On top of the Eastern conference and leading all teams with 16 points. Looks like there is little or no hangover from having won the Cup last year.

Who knows, perhaps we will get another bringing their total to 4 and if the Steelers can win the Superbowl again repeating as the City of Champions for the second year in a row. If only the Pirates could win....

dmk

Noir
10-21-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm a massive hockey fan, we have a Local team, The belfast giants, who i've been going to see for the past 10 years now, however since i have moved to England i can only see them play away games at Cardiff, though i've been talking with our general manager, and as i'll be the only giants supporter regularly at games in Cardiff he wants me to do the game reports for the team magizne =D

Also we had the player Theo Fluery play for us about 3 years ago, he was amazing, tired to get back into the NHL this year but didn't make it =/

As for NHL teams, My favs are the blackhawks, with Pittsburg coming in second.

Hopefully we will get coverage of the games over here this year again, for some reason they decided we'd rather watch Drag car racing instead and cut the NHL show =/

Trigg
10-21-2009, 08:47 PM
My oldest son LOVES hockey, I think it's mostly for the fights though.

forgot to add that our local team is pretty good, it's funny though most of the players are canooks. Guess they don't get ther fill of hockey up there and need someplace to play in their off season?????

jackass
10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Devils fan here and Jim is a Rangers fan....

jimnyc
10-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Devils fan here and Jim is a Rangers fan....

Go Rangers!

We lost our opening game to the Pens and then won 7 straight before losing the last game. 2 pts behind the Pens, not a bad start!

crin63
10-22-2009, 09:38 AM
I love hockey, I just cant take the heartbreak of watching The Kings lose game after game. My buddy has access to one of the best suites at Staples Center. I'm sure I'll go to at least one game this year. Last year Luc Robitaille was watching the game from the suite next to us.

actsnoblemartin
10-22-2009, 10:11 AM
im a kings fan

sgtdmski
10-24-2009, 04:27 PM
I just hope that Direct TV and Versus can work out their negotiations so that I can enjoy the whole season. I am loving the NHL network and having FSN Pittsburgh, I have only missed one Pens game this year and that was the one on Versus.

9 and 1 baby, the first time the Pens have won 9 games in October. What a great start to the season. We had a great game last night, and have another one on tonight, I can hardly wait!!!!!!

dmk