PDA

View Full Version : After Stimulus: 49 of 50 States Have Fewer Jobs!

-Cp
10-21-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=150826

ALL HAIL OBAMA!

Jeff
10-21-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=150826

ALL HAIL OBAMA!

I watched this on fox news tonight while eating dinner, the stimulus that was going to put so many to work seems to of failed, dang who would of thought, Guess all ya can do know is have another stimulus :eek:

They then went into how the White house is going after Fox, they had a funny statement up on the TV , it said " the White house is fighting Fox harder than it is the Taliban" Guess it isn't really funny when ya think of it, it is a real shame!!

sgtdmski
10-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Well they still have at least a year to create the some 6,168,600 jobs to full fill their promise. So rather than jump on the band wagon I will give them some time. However, if tax cuts are passed between now and then, all bets are off.

dmk

cat slave
10-23-2009, 11:06 PM
I live in the country, not dirt road country but rather remote. The road
we live on is two lanes, no pot holes, no washboard sort of surface but
it just got repaved! Ive made numerous comments to friends and family
as to why pave a good road? Duh....bet it was stimulus money....our money,
blown, squandered and misused.

Why else would anyone repave a perfectly good road??? Only the feds.
Guess it "saved or created" a job or two....!

cat slave
10-23-2009, 11:12 PM
I watched this on fox news tonight while eating dinner, the stimulus that was going to put so many to work seems to of failed, dang who would of thought, Guess all ya can do know is have another stimulus :eek:

They then went into how the White house is going after Fox, they had a funny statement up on the TV , it said " the White house is fighting Fox harder than it is the Taliban" Guess it isn't really funny when ya think of it, it is a real shame!!

I think it should have been a gigantic red flag when BO said "save or create"
x number of jobs. WTF does that mean????? And "stimulate" what? They
are certifiable, insane maybe, definitely out of touch with reality and totally
clueless as to how to manage anything, war, economy, deficit....not anything at all.

FOX rocks!!!!

Binky
10-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, I'm from Michigan and if memory serves me correct, we have the highest unemployment rate in the entire damn country....Guess my state could've used some of that stimulus to stimulate our economy here....duh....but they preferred to give it to those that would steal it rather than use it for saving jobs and companies.....Go figure.....

sgtdmski
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, I'm from Michigan and if memory serves me correct, we have the highest unemployment rate in the entire damn country....Guess my state could've used some of that stimulus to stimulate our economy here....duh....but they preferred to give it to those that would steal it rather than use it for saving jobs and companies.....Go figure.....

Don't forget that you had the cash for clunkers program that stimulated your economy for the brief time that it ran. It helped car dealers which in turn helped Detroit.

dmk

DragonStryk72
10-25-2009, 07:21 PM
But hey, way to go North Dakota!!!

cat slave
10-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Gee, one would think WA has less than our countrys interest at heart. That
sure is change! When in history did we have a prez doing everything possible
to destroy our country and way of life??? Never! Now we have the messiah!
Hope the idiots are satisfied and feel all warm and fuzzy inside....they better
hang on to that feeling as that will be all that is warm when Cap & Tax is the
law of the land.

DragonStryk72
10-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Gee, one would think WA has less than our countrys interest at heart. That
sure is change! When in history did we have a prez doing everything possible
to destroy our country and way of life??? Never! Now we have the messiah!
Hope the idiots are satisfied and feel all warm and fuzzy inside....they better
hang on to that feeling as that will be all that is warm when Cap & Tax is the
law of the land.

Okay, now I don't believe that Obama is actually trying to destroy the country, and that's a part of the problem, actually. He has good intentions, I honestly believe that, but the way in which he executes those intentions leads to these rather horrible choices. On the other hand, we still shouldn't keep throwing sentiment around like this, and the reason is simple, because when we do this, we end up creating a way for ourselves to be dismissed out of hand as "right wing nuts" or conspiracy theorists.

Insein
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I live in the country, not dirt road country but rather remote. The road
we live on is two lanes, no pot holes, no washboard sort of surface but
it just got repaved! Ive made numerous comments to friends and family
as to why pave a good road? Duh....bet it was stimulus money....our money,
blown, squandered and misused.

Why else would anyone repave a perfectly good road??? Only the feds.
Guess it "saved or created" a job or two....!

Don't live in the country but the main 4 lane highway near me, 422, has had construction since April. They block it down to one lane from 7pm to 2pm every weekday. Creates loads of traffic at times that there normally is none. And what are they doing? Well so far they have drilled every 10 feet and laid down concrete slabs in some areas, then ripped up the road and paved asphalt in others. In one particular area, they drilled and did the concrete only to rip it all up again 3 weeks later and pave it as asphalt. WTF are they doing? Then of course there are big, beautiful Stimulus signs every 10 miles or so to remind us that this giant headache has been brought to us by the Federal government. Glad they decided to waste money AND annoy the fuck out of drivers at the sam time. :rolleyes:

Gaffer
10-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Okay, now I don't believe that Obama is actually trying to destroy the country, and that's a part of the problem, actually. He has good intentions, I honestly believe that, but the way in which he executes those intentions leads to these rather horrible choices. On the other hand, we still shouldn't keep throwing sentiment around like this, and the reason is simple, because when we do this, we end up creating a way for ourselves to be dismissed out of hand as "right wing nuts" or conspiracy theorists.

He does not have "good" intentions. He simply has intentions. He intends to tear this country down and rebuild it in his communist utopia, with him and his friends in charge.