PDA

View Full Version : Jesus Christ: Fact or Fiction?

-Cp
10-22-2009, 02:32 PM
<object width="425px" height="360px" ><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="movie" value="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=50048431,t=1,mt=video"/><embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=50048431,t=1,mt=video" width="425" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed></object>

Noir
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM
The Man, real.

The God, not real.

-Cp
10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Watch the video....

Where's your evidence that he was not God?

Noir
10-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Watch the video....

Where's your evidence that he was not God?

Why do i have to find evidence that he is not God?
Why must i disprove a negitive?

I tell you this, there is a chocolate tea pot, currently orbiting the earth right now,
However, it is so small, so far away and moving so fast that we will never have an instrument powerful enough to see the chocolate tea pot.

Now, prove that the chocolate tea pot does not exist.

Noir
10-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Also, at the start of the Video it talks about all the proficiencies that came true, for example virgin birth, wise men ect ect,

However, what of Mithras? A Roman god who predates christianity?
Here's a clip from the show QI, while it is a Comedy show the main focus of it is to dispell general ignorence and to discus Quite Interesting topics, at the start of their christamas special Mithras was brought up...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSm7YPMQOSo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MSm7YPMQOSo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Why do i have to find evidence that he is not God?
Why must i disprove a negitive?

I tell you this, there is a chocolate tea pot, currently orbiting the earth right now,
However, it is so small, so far away and moving so fast that we will never have an instrument powerful enough to see the chocolate tea pot.

Now, prove that the chocolate tea pot does not exist.

Why should i? if there is a chocolate tea pot there, its fine by me. Id have no problem accepting the possibility that its there. It be foolish not to when i have no evidence whatsoever either way.

On the other hand, the reality of the resurrection is evidence for Christ being who He claimed to be.

Noir
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Why should i? if there is a chocolate tea pot there, its fine by me. Id have no problem accepting the possibility that its there. It be foolish not to when i have no evidence whatsoever either way.

On the other hand, the reality of the resurrection is evidence for Christ being who He claimed to be.

So if there were writtings thousands of years old talking about the chocolate tea pot, and there were sightings of the tea pot ect, would you then consider it?

Missileman
10-22-2009, 05:29 PM

Biblical accounts of the event and an empty hole in the ground are not evidence worthy of establishing reality except to those desperate for the myth to be true.

PostmodernProphet
10-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Also, at the start of the Video it talks about all the proficiencies that came true, for example virgin birth, wise men ect ect,

However, what of Mithras? A Roman god who predates christianity?
Here's a clip from the show QI, while it is a Comedy show the main focus of it is to dispell general ignorence and to discus Quite Interesting topics, at the start of their christamas special Mithras was brought up...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraic_Mysteries
I'm sorry Noir, but the Roman worship of Mithras doesn't predate Christianity.....the Mithras that was worshipped in Babylon, who's worship DID predate Christianity bears no semblance whatsoever to Jesus Christ....the video isn't dispelling ignorance, it's spreading it.....

the original, pre-Christian Mithras wasn't born, he sprang forth out of solid rock...he didn't die for anyone's sins......he was never resurrected.....he had no disciples.....

the Roman Mithras was in fact, as one of the guests quipped, a tribute band......

Noir
10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithraic_Mysteries
I'm sorry Noir, but the Roman worship of Mithras doesn't predate Christianity.....the Mithras that was worshipped in Babylon, who's worship DID predate Christianity bears no semblance whatsoever to Jesus Christ....the video isn't dispelling ignorance, it's spreading it.....

the original, pre-Christian Mithras wasn't born, he sprang forth out of solid rock...he didn't die for anyone's sins......he was never resurrected.....he had no disciples.....

the Roman Mithras was in fact, as one of the guests quipped, a tribute band......

Whoops, this is my fault,
Having looked up information on Mithras it seems that i have gotten the time lines of the babylonian and Roman god mixed, and upon re-watching the QI clip it isn't claimed that the Roman Mithras does pre-date christ.
I does seems i've mixed up my Mithrases :slap:

PostmodernProphet
10-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Having looked up information on Mithras it seems that i have gotten the time lines of the babylonian and Roman god mixed, and upon re-watching the QI clip it isn't claimed that the Roman Mithras does pre-date christ.
I does seems i've mixed up my Mithrases :slap:

I have to disagree....the whole point of bringing it up on the video was to pretend that Christianity copied the worship of Mithras......it was poor scholarship on their part and intentionally misled you and the rest of the audience......ironically, I can even site you the source of the information that they used as a script for show, as I have seen it repeated often on atheistsRus websites.....it comes from the so-called Institute of Religious Tolerance....in other words, Bruce made it up.......

in truth, some believe that the very reason Mithraism as worshiped by the Roman military became a mirror of Christianity was to provide cover for those who were closet Christians during a time when Christians were being thrown to the lions in the Colosseum. If an officer was discovered to be taking communion in secret as a group, they would claim to be worshiping Mithra to avoid trouble.....

Noir
10-23-2009, 07:18 AM
I have to disagree....the whole point of bringing it up on the video was to pretend that Christianity copied the worship of Mithras......it was poor scholarship on their part and intentionally misled you and the rest of the audience......ironically, I can even site you the source of the information that they used as a script for show, as I have seen it repeated often on atheistsRus websites.....it comes from the so-called Institute of Religious Tolerance....in other words, Bruce made it up.......

in truth, some believe that the very reason Mithraism as worshiped by the Roman military became a mirror of Christianity was to provide cover for those who were closet Christians during a time when Christians were being thrown to the lions in the Colosseum. If an officer was discovered to be taking communion in secret as a group, they would claim to be worshiping Mithra to avoid trouble.....

Indeed it does, kinda, this is most unlike QI, i shall write a query to them over the issue.

crin63
11-14-2009, 10:28 PM

Christ disciples which were more than 500 claimed to have seen Jesus after His resurrection. The disciples gave up everything including their lives because they believed Christ rose from the dead.

The Apostle Paul who was the greatest enemy of Christianity gave up everything and became a Christian because he claimed to have seen the Jesus resurrected.

James the brother of Jesus who was a skeptic and didn't believe that Jesus was who He claimed to be later became a follower of Jesus after he claimed to have seen Jesus resurrected. He was so convinced that he became the pastor of the church at Jerusalem.

HogTrash
11-15-2009, 12:34 AM
I does seems i've mixed up my Mithrases :slap:Its a very bad thing to mix up your mithrases.

You call one the wrong name during a moment of passion and they can get pretty pissed.