PDA

View Full Version : Unreal. White House Bans FOX News from Press Pool Interview — Then Relents After Prot

stephanie
10-22-2009, 10:32 PM
just maybe the lamestream media is coming to see that they could BE NEXT and of course they are hemorrhaging money by being the little Marxist lap poodle...

Thursday, October 22, 2009, 8:19 PM
Jim Hoft
Hugo Chavez would be proud–
The White House banned FOX News today from interviewing the Pay Czar along with the other four major state-run media outlets. FOX News has been a member of the five network rotation since 1997. Surprisingly, the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV news networks stepped in an agreed to skip the interview if FOX was not included.
The administration relented… this time and allowed FOX to attend.

FOX News reported:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlMILRyDRdM&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlMILRyDRdM&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Unreal.
But remember… Barack Obama is a moderate.

HotAir added this on the disgraceful move by the White House:

Decide for yourself what the most disgraceful aspect of this is. Was it the fact that Gibbs told Jake Tapper explicitly on Monday that the White House wouldn’t try to dictate to the press pool who should and shouldn’t be included — before doing precisely that? Was it Anita Dunn going out of her way to say she respects Major Garrett as a fair reporter — before the administration decided he didn’t deserve a crack here at Feinberg? Or was it the repeated insistence by Dunn and Axelrod that of course the administration will make its officials available to Fox — before pulling the plug today?

From...
http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/

red states rule
10-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Funny how the Obama drones were saying how people were "overreacting" after Dunn's admission on how the Obama administration was controlling the media

Fox News is doing it job - reporting the news like Van Jones, ACORN, the budget numbers that do not add up, what is in the various bills going thru Congress, and the background and political views of all the Czars

It is clear it is not the opinion shows that Obama objects to - it is the facts that Fox News reports it its news broadcasts

theHawk
10-23-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm not really that surprised that the little Marxist would do this. What a fucking shmuck.

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 08:08 AM
I can't find this reported by any news organization.

Are you sure it happened?

red states rule
10-23-2009, 08:15 AM
I can't find this reported by any news organization.

Are you sure it happened?

You really are an idiot. Try watching something other then MSNBC and you will see what is going on in the real world

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mQ6n74IGeg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mQ6n74IGeg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 08:47 AM
You really are an idiot. Try watching something other then MSNBC and you will see what is going on in the real world

Has it been reported by a news organization, dumbass?

red states rule
10-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Is that your excuse now Joe to try and cover for the childish behavior of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

Try and act like it did not really happen?

Even Jake Tapper of ABC is fed up with Obama's temper tantrum

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKOAkbPy1-0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uKOAkbPy1-0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

stephanie
10-23-2009, 08:51 AM

JS you are beginning to sound a little unhinged..what a matter, your (Progressive-Commie-Democrat) party's PLANS and your "dear leaders" VISIONS not falling to place..those darn American people getting in your all's way..:laugh2:

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:08 AM
JS you are beginning to sound a little unhinged..what a matter, your (Progressive-Commie-Democrat) party's PLANS and your "dear leaders" VISIONS not falling to place..those darn American people getting in your all's way..:laugh2:

The day after the 2010 midterm election Joe will think, well Republicnas won back 4 seats in the House, and according to MSNBC they had minor setbacks in 45 other congressional districts. Nothing to worry about at all

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Is that your excuse now Joe to try and cover for the childish behavior of the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

Try and act like it did not really happen?

Even Jake Tapper of ABC is fed up with Obama's temper tantrum

Jake Tapper is just another shill. He pretends to be a journalist but, from what I've seen, he's not much better than a Fox Isn't News PR agent.

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 09:12 AM

Got a link?

All you have to do is show me a report by a news agency about the incident at issue.

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Jake Tapper is just another shill. He pretends to be a journalist but, from what I've seen, he's not much better than a Fox Isn't News PR agent.

Translation - Ah Hell I am beaten here. Time to go back to the Dem Underground where up is down, and anyone who dares to disagree with Lord Obama is an enemy of the state

Hey Joe, ready tio admit your guy Obama is acting like a spoiled brat who is pissed a news netowrk actually reports the news, and tried to have them tossed rom the WH media pool?

Even Helen Thomas said Obama should stop his war with Fox news

stephanie
10-23-2009, 09:19 AM
who cares what the little commies say about Fox news..they've been saying this since the Clinton administration and all it's done is grow their viewership...Remember when Clinton went on Fox and acted all tough and angry...that is what we will be seeing here soon from the little Marxists administration, mark my words..

keep up the good work kiddies..it worked so well for ya before..:laugh2:

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
who cares what the little commies say about Fox news..they've been saying this since the Clinton administration and all it's done is grow their viewership...Remember when Clinton went on Fox and acted all tough and angry...that is what we will be seeing here soon from the little Marxists administration, mark my words..

keep up the good work kiddies..it worked so well for ya before..:laugh2:

I guess these Dems wil be tagged traitors by Joe. At least some in the Dm party see how petty Obama and his staff are these days

White House attacks worry moderate Democrats

A White House effort to undermine conservative critics is generating a backlash on Capitol Hill — and not just from Republicans.

“It’s a mistake,” said Rep. Jason Altmire, a moderate Democrat from western Pennsylvania. “I think it’s beneath the White House to get into a tit for tat with news organizations.”

Altmire was talking about the Obama administration’s efforts to undercut Fox News. But he said his remarks applied just the same to White House efforts to marginalize the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, a powerful business lobby targeted for its opposition to climate change legislation.

“There’s no reason to gratuitously piss off all those companies,” added another Democrat, Rep. Jim Moran of Virginia. “The Chamber isn’t an opponent.”

POLITICO reported earlier this week on an all-fronts push by the White House to cut the legs out from under its toughest critics, whether it’s the Chamber, radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck and the rest of the Fox News operation.

White House Communications Director Anita Dunn has defended the push, saying the administration made “a fundamental decision that we needed to be more aggressive in both protecting our position and in delineating our differences with those who were attacking us.”

Congressional Republicans counterattacked Thursday. House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) said the administration was “targeting those who don’t immediately fall in line” with “Chicago-style politics” aimed at “shutting the American people out and demonizing their opponents.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1009/28638.html

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Got a link?

All you have to do is show me a report by a news agency about the incident at issue.

Is the NY Times good enough for you Joe?

snip

Speaking privately at the White House on Monday with a group of mostly liberal columnists and commentators, including Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann of MSNBC and Maureen Dowd, Frank Rich and Bob Herbert of The New York Times, Mr. Obama himself gave vent to sentiments about the network, according to people briefed on the conversation.

Then, in an interview with NBC News on Wednesday, the president went public. “What our advisers have simply said is that we are going to take media as it comes,” he said. “And if media is operating, basically, as a talk radio format, then that’s one thing. And if it’s operating as a news outlet, then that’s another.”

In a sign of discomfort with the White House stance, Fox’s television news competitors refused to go along with a Treasury Department effort on Tuesday to exclude Fox from a round of interviews with the executive-pay czar Kenneth R. Feinberg that was to be conducted with a “pool” camera crew shared by all the networks. That followed a pointed question at a White House briefing this week by Jake Tapper, an ABC News correspondent, about the administration’s treatment of “one of our sister organizations.”

White House officials continue to interact with Fox News correspondents whom they have complimented as professional, including Major Garrett and Wendell Goler.

But Michael Clemente, senior vice president for news and editorial programming at Fox, said the White House was conflating the network’s commentary with its news coverage. That, Mr. Clemente said, “would be like Fox News blaming the White House senior staff for the Washington Redskins’ losing record.”

“I think we’re doing the job we’re supposed to be doing,” he said, “and we do it as well as anyone.”

Mr. Clemente suggested that the fight was part of a larger White House strategy to marginalize critics. He cited a report in Politico about a strategy session in August at which officials discussed plans to move more aggressively against opponents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Translation - Ah Hell I am beaten here.

That's never happened before so I have no reason to think it's happened now.

Time to go back to the Dem Underground where up is down, and anyone who dares to disagree with Lord Obama is an enemy of the state

Actually, I was banned from Democratic Underground months ago.

Hey Joe, ready tio admit your guy Obama is acting like a spoiled brat who is pissed a news netowrk actually reports the news, and tried to have them tossed rom the WH media pool?

What news network? It's Fox Isn't News.

Remember when Fox Isn't News identified Mark Foley as Democrat?

Remember when Fox Isn't News identified Mark Sanford as Democrat?

Remember when Fox Isn't News identified Lamar Alexander as a Democrat?

Kind of odd for news network, isn't it?

Even Helen Thomas said Obama should stop his war with Fox news

Good point. Helen Thomas is a media insider. Like all media insiders, she thinks the world revolves around the media and that they should have everything they could possibly want. Of course she wants the Obama administration to "stop the war." Her ox is being gored.

Nukeman
10-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Here ya go Joe....

Just one site from many. But you won't like it since it didn't come from CNN or MSNBC...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tipping-point-white-house-press-pool-stands-up-for-fox-news/

red states rule
10-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Here ya go Joe....

Just one site from many. But you won't like it since it didn't come from CNN or MSNBC...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/tipping-point-white-house-press-pool-stands-up-for-fox-news/

I am waiting for his reply about the NY Times link

Or will Joe say The NY Times is a right wing publication?

Nukeman
10-23-2009, 09:42 AM
here's another one Joe... So yo don't think there is only one other site other than Fox News..

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/23/us/politics/23fox.html?_r=2

In a sign of discomfort with the White House stance, Fox’s television news competitors refused to go along with a Treasury Department effort on Tuesday to exclude Fox from a round of interviews with the executive-pay czar Kenneth R. Feinberg that was to be conducted with a “pool” camera crew shared by all the networks. That followed a pointed question at a White House briefing this week by Jake Tapper, an ABC News correspondent, about the administration’s treatment of “one of our sister organizations

Unbelievable.... Sme article from the NY times

The first real shot from the White House, however, came when aides excluded “Fox News Sunday With Chris Wallace” — which they had previously treated as distinct from the network — from a round of presidential interviews with Sunday morning news programs in mid-September

stephanie
10-23-2009, 09:42 AM
That's never happened before so I have no reason to think it's happened now.

Actually, I was banned from Democratic Underground months ago.
hey joe, do I see you at gateway pundit? If it's you I see you are well loved there:eek:

Good point. Helen Thomas is a media insider. Like all media insiders, she thinks the world revolves around the media and that they should have everything they could possibly want. Of course she wants the Obama administration to "stop the war." Her ox is being gored.

Oh nose, you know the commie party is hurting when they throw poor ole Helen Thomas under the bus...

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Is the NY Times good enough for you Joe?

Thanks for the link.

Now I wonder about the circumstances. The interviews were to be conducted with a pool camera. If the broadcasters had some sort of pool agreement, they may have been obligated to refuse if Fox Isn't News wasn't included. I'd like to see a news report on that aspect.

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 09:53 AM
hey joe, do I see you at gateway pundit? If it's you I see you are well loved there

Actually, I think I being banned there, too. Since they moved to First Things, my postings don't appear immediately. I asked if they were being held for review before they posted. The moderator told me they weren't being held for review but that the spam filter was stopping them and they had to be released manually. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't think the spam filter can act on its own. I think someone had to set something to stop me.

stephanie
10-23-2009, 10:04 AM
Actually, I think I being banned there, too. Since they moved to First Things, my postings don't appear immediately. I asked if they were being held for review before they posted. The moderator told me they weren't being held for review but that the spam filter was stopping them and they had to be released manually. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't think the spam filter can act on its own. I think someone had to set something to stop me.

I'm not sure how I like the move yet.. I only read the site I've never posted there..but I knew I saw you there all time..

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm not sure how I like the move yet.. I only read the site I've never posted there..but I knew I saw you there all time..

As far as I can tell, there's no HTML or BBCode. I don't care for that. It makes clear postings difficult.

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Here ya go Joe....

To the contrary, it's very enlightening.

James Rosen reported on the incident during FNC’s Special Report last night, saying the White House pool, which is a five-network rotation “that for decades has shared the cost and duties of daily coverage of the presidency, to which Fox News has belonged since 1997,” was told the pay czar would be available for round-robin interviews, but FNC would not be included. “The Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV news networks [ABC, CBS, CNN, FNC and NBC] consulted and decided that none of them would interview Feinberg unless Fox was included, and the administration relented,” said Rosen.

Without Fox the costs are split four ways instead of five. The only thing the AmeriCorporate media holds in higher regard than the First Amendment is the Bottom Line.

Trigg
10-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Surprisingly, the Washington bureau chiefs of the five TV news networks stepped in an agreed to skip the interview if FOX was not included.
The administration relented… this time and allowed FOX to attend.

It's encouraging that they stood up for Fox and didn't let bambam and his cronies bully them.

Nukeman
10-23-2009, 11:43 AM
To the contrary, it's very enlightening.

Without Fox the costs are split four ways instead of five. The only thing the AmeriCorporate media holds in higher regard than the First Amendment is the Bottom Line.
I like how you pull out ONE little tid bit of information. This would not have "cost" the other networks ANY MORE money than they already have spent. It would not have been an increase in the amount they would have spent unless FOX was excluded COMPLETELY. They share the expenses of the day-to-day operation so ONE interview would haev made NO DIFFERENCE.

What I find most unsettling is that the likes of you would be willing to overlook the blatant censorship of a media outlet. FOX today, CNN tommorow, NBC after that and than we come up with a new media station that puts out only what the gov't approves...

This is a VERY slippery slope and the fact that the WH is willing to test the waters this way is very telling... Or do you dipute that??

Silver
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
We already know that JS is a narrow-minded partisan ahole, but to this extend is surprising.....hes gonna jump through the hoops to find and make excuses for his little hitler-like messiah...fascism in support of Democrats is ok in his warped little mind....:wtf:

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 12:53 PM
This is a VERY slippery slope and the fact that the WH is willing to test the waters this way is very telling... Or do you dipute that??

Oh no. I agree with you 100%. I think the "slippery slope" is exactly why the broadcasters sided with Fox Isn't News. Had they allowed the White House to control the pool one time, it could have led to its destruction and that would be expensive. They weren't protecting the freedom of the press. They were protecting their profitability.

Nukeman
10-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Oh no. I agree with you 100%. I think the "slippery slope" is exactly why the broadcasters sided with Fox Isn't News. Had they allowed the White House to control the pool one time, it could have led to its destruction and that would be expensive. They weren't protecting the freedom of the press. They were protecting their profitability.

Your soo funny when attmepting to be cute!!!! It has NOTHING to do with profitability!!!!! It has EVERYTHING to do with CENSORSHIP....

How can you NOT grasp that simple fact???????

Insein
10-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Your soo funny when attmepting to be cute!!!! It has NOTHING to do with profitability!!!!! It has EVERYTHING to do with CENSORSHIP....

How can you NOT grasp that simple fact???????

He does grasp it. Joe wants the model of government run media, Pravda, to be reality for the US. Fox news is the most recognizable figure of the opposition. That is why he wants it to fail.

Joe Steel
10-23-2009, 03:22 PM
He does grasp it. Joe wants the model of government run media, Pravda, to be reality for the US. Fox news is the most recognizable figure of the opposition. That is why he wants it to fail.

Fox Isn't News is a propaganda organization. I don't mind if it's treated as a propaganda organization. I just don't want it to be treated as a news organization because it isn't.

MtnBiker
10-23-2009, 05:34 PM
I interupt this thread to bring you the following Public Service Announcement;

Joe Steel is a propaganda Obamabot. I don't mind if he treated as a propaganda Obamabot. I just don't want him to be treated as an actual poster because he isn't.

that is all.

Kathianne
10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
I interupt this thread to bring you the following Public Service Announcement;

that is all.

agreed.

Joe Steel
10-24-2009, 07:15 AM
Now that more time has elapsed since the incident at issue, the truth is coming out.

Feinberg did a pen and pad with reporters to brief them on cutting executive compensation. TV correspondents, as they do with everything, asked to get the comments on camera. Treasury officials agreed and made a list of the networks who asked (Fox was not among them).

But logistically, all of the cameras could not get set up in time or with ease for the Feinberg interview, so they opted for a round robin where the networks use one pool camera. Treasury called the White House pool crew and gave them the list of the networks who'd asked for the interview.

The network pool crew noticed Fox wasn't on the list, was told that they hadn't asked and the crew said they needed to be included. Treasury called the White House and asked top Obama adviser Anita Dunn. Dunn said yes and Fox's Major Garrett was among the correspondents to interview Feinberg last night.

WH: We're Happy To Exclude Fox, But Didn't Yesterday With Feinberg Interview (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/10/wh-were-happy-to-exclude-fox-but-didnt-yesterday-with-feinberg-interview.php)

Fox didn't ask for an interview so they weren't included. The other networks said they couldn't do it without Fox because of the pool agreement not because they were defending Fox.

red states rule
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/156676.jpg