PDA

View Full Version : Staring into nothing

Noir
10-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Justa short video on 2 pictures that were taken by the Hubble space telescope, really puts into context just how insignificant we are.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oAVjF_7ensg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oAVjF_7ensg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. This planet is unique, because we have *Life* on it.
2. And some day Jesus will set up his kingdom on it.
3. Which will make this the center of the universe, some day.
4. I also remember years ago, there was talk of ditching the Hubble Telescope.
5. They decide to fix it instead.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Indeedy, but what are the chances that we are the only planet with life?
Very very very small.

Indeed they did fix it, i think on its current power pact it has another few years in it yet,

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. The chances are unknowable.
2. As far as it being anything like Earth.
3. There is at least one other planet inhabited.
4. Heaven.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. The chances are unknowable.
2. As far as it being anything like Earth.
3. There is at least one other planet inhabited.
4. Heaven.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well considering in just two pictures, of a tiny (almost insignifigant space) they found 13,000 galaxies, each one of these galaxies contains hundreds of billions of stars, each on of these stars can hold many planets in orbit.
The chance of there not being other life out there is so impossibly small one could almost claim it impossible.

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry bout that,

Well considering in just two pictures, of a tiny (almost insignifigant space) they found 13,000 galaxies, each one of these galaxies contains hundreds of billions of stars, each on of these stars can hold many planets in orbit.
The chance of there not being other life out there is so impossibly small one could almost claim it impossible.

1. We're going to need more proof.
2. Why don't instead of assuming there is other life.
3. That just sprang out of the mud,..har har,....:eek:
4. I don't think you ever contemplated the miracle of the eyeball.
5. And how complex the eye is.
6. More complex than any planet.
7. And yet most of Gods creation on Earth, have eyes, of some sort.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-24-2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. We're going to need more proof.
2. Why don't instead of assuming there is other life.
3. That just sprang out of the mud,..har har,....:eek:
4. I don't think you ever contemplated the miracle of the eyeball.
5. And how complex the eye is.
6. More complex than any planet.
7. And yet most of Gods creation on Earth, have eyes, of some sort.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'm not saying its proof, i'm just presenting numbers,

In 1999 the Hubble Space Telescope estimated that there were 125 billion galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars, however since then we ahve developed more sensitive equipment, and its seems there is atleast double that figure which we can thus far detect, so for the sake of arguement 200,000,000,000 galaxies, each with say 1,000,000,000 stars, thats about 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in total, each of which can have many planets...and you're saying there is not one with life on it?...once one also considers that there is bleieved to be traces of life on both the Moon and Mars?

It also begs the question of why God would go to such lengths to create such galixes, some of which will will never detect, others of which are moving away from us faster than the speed of light and thus will never be of any use.

Trigg
10-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm not saying its proof, i'm just presenting numbers,

In 1999 the Hubble Space Telescope estimated that there were 125 billion galaxies, each with hundreds of billions of stars, however since then we ahve developed more sensitive equipment, and its seems there is atleast double that figure which we can thus far detect, so for the sake of arguement 200,000,000,000 galaxies, each with say 1,000,000,000 stars, thats about 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in total, each of which can have many planets...and you're saying there is not one with life on it?...once one also considers that there is bleieved to be traces of life on both the Moon and Mars?

It also begs the question of why God would go to such lengths to create such galixes, some of which will will never detect, others of which are moving away from us faster than the speed of light and thus will never be of any use.

I'd also be surprised if there wasn't some other inhabited planet out there somewhere.

You never know maybe we are being watched and those alien abduction people aren't really loonies.:coffee:

cat slave
10-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Justa short video on 2 pictures that were taken by the Hubble space telescope, really puts into context just how insignificant we are.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oAVjF_7ensg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oAVjF_7ensg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I agree completely!