Mr. P
10-24-2009, 01:33 PM
We'll see. But I say yes!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/24/airliner.fly.by/index.html

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Fell asleep I would imagine.
2. Long hours behind the wheel can do that.
3. No one was in harms way though.
4. So nothing should come of it, if you asked me.
5. I bet they all fall to sleep from time to time.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

:poke:

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Sorry bout that,

:poke:

1. They do have automatic pilots on modern aircraft.
2. I don't think they even need pilots.
3. They can take off and land by computer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. They do have automatic pilots on modern aircraft.
2. I don't think they even need pilots.
3. They can take off and land by computer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well the auto-landing feauture was so good on this plane that it overshot the runway by 150 miles.

And can this computer also refuel itself mid air? cus i dunno what levels of feul it was carrying but i'm amazed they had so much extra feul on-board, and lord knows what would of happened if it had been carrying less

Trigg
10-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Nothing should come of it?????????????

Gawd, I'd say I hope your kidding, but sadly I know your not.

If it's proven that they were asleep, THEY SHOULD LOOSE THEIR JOBS. This could have a huge tragedy.

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yup.
2. Who was in danger, and how?
3. You do relize they travel like 500 miles and hour.
4. So if they just go 15 minutes beyond where they should of started to decend, thats all it takes.
5. Some times I take that long in the comfort room, if you know what I mean.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Trigg
10-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yup.
4. So if they just go 15 minutes beyond where they should of started to decend, thats all it takes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

They're lucky they didn't crash. Who was in danger????????? ALL THE PEOPLE ON A PLANE BEING FLOWN BY PILOTS WHO WEREN'T PAYING ATTENTION.

Noir
10-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yup.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

http://www.fallen-legion.eu/news/data/upimages/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Fifteen minutes, thats all the time we're talking about, in exchange for decades of service more than likely.
3. And this shouldn't be what ends that.
4. 15 minutes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Actually more like 12 minutes.
2. Sorry bout that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Fifteen minutes, thats all the time we're taling about.
2. These guys have been serving the public for decades more than likely.
4. 15 minutes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Served the public? They got paid to do a job. This job will have a contract, and i've got a funny feeling that falling asleep while flying is brech of their working contract...

Trigg
10-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Fifteen minutes, thats all the time we're taling about.
2. These guys have been serving the public for decades more than likely.
4. 15 minutes.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Please tell me your not this dense.

The time frame is irrelevant. They weren't paying attention. At the very worst they fell asleep. They could have crashed the plane and killed everyone on board.

What about that don't you understand?????

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

Please tell me your not this dense.

The time frame is irrelevant. They weren't paying attention. At the very worst they fell asleep. They could have crashed the plane and killed everyone on board.

What about that don't you understand?????

1. Two words.
2. *Auto Pilot*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 09:57 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Okay the question has to be asked.
2. Mr. P., did you ever catch some shut eye while being the pilot of a commercial airliner, in your 28 years of service?
3. Tell the truth now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
10-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Two words.
2. *Auto Pilot*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Two more words..

"DUMB ASS"

How much do you know about an auto pilot, cheezy?

That's what I thought.

Trigg
10-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry bout that,

2. Mr. P., did you ever catch some shut eye while being the pilot of a commercial airliner, in your 28 years of service?
3. Tell the truth now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Tell me, would you be alright if your Dr. fell asleep for 15 minutes while taking care of you??? I mean after all it didn't really hurt anyone and he was getting some "much needed shut eye".

You really are an idiot sometimes!!

chesswarsnow
10-24-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I'm out, you figure it out on your own.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
10-24-2009, 10:17 PM
sorry bout that,

3. Tell the truth now.

Regards,
sirjamesoftexas

no...never

Gaffer
10-24-2009, 10:28 PM
The count believes computers fly planes. That auto pilot means the plane goes anywhere on it's own. That pilots routinely sleep while in the air. That no harm was done and no one was in danger.

He goes from incredibly ignorant into the realm of utterly stupid in just one post.

Air traffic would have to be rerouted to avoid a collision. The controllers would have to alert the military of a possible hijacking, as the pilots are not responding. Then there is the simple matter of the plane being a couple of hours late and the passengers missing rides and appointments because of it.

Somehow I think if the count had been on this flight he would have been outraged at being delayed.

1. one sentence
2.two sentences
3. three sentences

Noir I am referring to the count on sesame street. You may not be familiar with that pbs program.

Noir
10-24-2009, 10:32 PM
The count believes computers fly planes. That auto pilot means the plane goes anywhere on it's own. That pilots routinely sleep while in the air. That no harm was done and no one was in danger.

He goes from incredibly ignorant into the realm of utterly stupid in just one post.

Air traffic would have to be rerouted to avoid a collision. The controllers would have to alert the military of a possible hijacking, as the pilots are not responding. Then there is the simple matter of the plane being a couple of hours late and the passengers missing rides and appointments because of it.

Somehow I think if the count had been on this flight he would have been outraged at being delayed.

1. one sentence
2.two sentences
3. three sentences

Noir I am referring to the count on sesame street. You may not be familiar with that pbs program.

I know of the count of sesame street, but not enough to know what being a 'count' is,

and A++ post.

Gaffer
10-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I know of the count of sesame street, but not enough to know what being a 'count' is,

and A++ post.

It's a take off on Count Dracula. And he annoyingly counts everything. Much like our ignorant poster.

Kathianne
10-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Actually more like 12 minutes.
2. Sorry bout that.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do you ever read?

http://www.startribune.com/local/65619367.html?elr=KArks:DCiUMEaPc:UiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUL PQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Plane crazy: NWA flight misses MSP by 150 miles

Military jets stood by as NWA pilots, apparently distracted, didn't respond to controllers for 75 minutes.

By SUZANNE ZIEGLER and MARY LYNN SMITH, Star Tribune staff writers
Last update: October 23, 2009 - 10:21 AM

Brent Bjorlin and his fellow airline passengers didn't have a clue something had gone wrong at 37,000 feet until federal officials with badges and guns boarded the Northwest plane after it landed in the Twin Cities on Wednesday night.

As passengers prepared to leave, flight attendants told them to sit back down, Bjorlin said. Eventually, he and the others filed out, walking past security officials standing outside the closed cockpit door and still others on the jetway and at the gate.

"It looked like it was a big deal," said Bjorlin of St. Michael, Minn.

It wasn't until the next day that he and the others found out that Northwest Flight 188 from San Diego had overshot Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport by 150 miles, winding up in Wisconsin before turning around to land safely at MSP. Federal officials say the pilots apparently became distracted. Military jets had been on standby to track down the jet after it dropped out of radio communication for about 75 minutes.

"When you hear that fighter jets were ready to scramble, that just gets you really mad," said passenger Scott Kennedy.

In hindsight, passengers say, the wayward flight to Wisconsin may explain why the flight seemed to "drag on," the usual pilot updates were nonexistent and why a flight attendant's "unusual comment" now makes perfect sense.

Some passengers worried about making their connecting flights, Bjorlin said. When a passenger asked when the plane was expected to land, the attendant returned 10 minutes later and said, "'I have no idea when we're going to get to the terminal,'" he said.

Eventually, the pilot announced that the crew was waiting for clearance and would be landing soon, said Anne Kroshus of Woodbury. But the expected arrival time came and went. "It was bizarre," she said. "It certainly didn't feel like we were circling."

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I stand by all my statements.
2. If you don't like it, tough shit.
3. I don't think this thread is about me, its about two airplane pilots who didn't land a plane. when they should of.
4. This could easily become a flame war.
5. I think I will pass on adding my opinions.
6. Some of you just love insulting others, I think thats shallow, and prefer not to sink to your levels.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
10-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I stand by all my statements.
2. If you don't like it, tough shit.
3. I don't think this thread is about me, its about two airplane pilots who didn't land a plane. when they should of.
4. This could easily become a flame war.
5. I think I will pass on adding my opinions.
6. Some of you just love insulting others, I think thats shallow, and prefer not to sink to your levels.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
So the answer was, 'no.' Got it. You didn't know it was over 75 minutes that flight control was trying to contact them? That they were significantly late in landing, causing hardship and concern to flight crew and passengers? That the flight crew had tried to contact them by pounding on cabin door?

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

So the answer was, 'no.' Got it. You didn't know it was over 75 minutes that flight control was trying to contact them? That they were significantly late in landing, causing hardship and concern to flight crew and passengers? That the flight crew had tried to contact them by pounding on cabin door?

1. Sure I read the story and all.
2. But I don't think its all that terrible what took place.
3. Not enough to fire them for it.
4. Alls well thats ends well.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Just did a quick search on google for grins.
2. And guess what, the second hit came up with this.
3. Link and a free sample:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372008,00.html

"The flight, which was on autopilot flying toward Mumbai,"

4. Seems I said they were on *Auto Pilot*, hummm,.......
5. Rest of link:

"An Air India flight soared past its Mumbai destination on June 4 as its pilots allegedly dozed off in the cockpit, The Times of India reported Thursday.

The napping pilots flew 359 miles past the airport and were still at cruising altitude when nervous air traffic controllers woke them up.

The flight, which was on autopilot flying toward Mumbai, had about 100 passengers on board.

"The plane took off from Dubai at 1:35 a.m. Indian Standard Time and then from Jaipur at 7 a.m. After operating an overnight flight, fatigue levels peak, and so the pilots dozed off after taking off from Jaipur," an unidentified source told The Times of India.

Air India officials vehemently denied the report, saying the plane lost radio contact with air traffic control for some time, and only flew 14 miles off course.

"We emphatically deny the report. No such incident took place. We've checked our records," Jitender Bhargava, Air India’s director for public relations, told The Times.

Some pilots and air traffic controllers argue Air India is trying to cover up for the pilots’ mistake.

"There is a strict procedure which is followed during a radio communications failure whereby the aircraft should have descended to a holding point. Instead, it flew over Mumbai," a check pilot told The Times of India. "Also, every flight has an expected time of arrival [ETA], so why did it not begin its descent even after crossing its ETA?"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh shoot, lookie here.
2. Happened again in route to Honolulu.
3. Were they fired???
4. Link/sample:http://blogs.abcnews.com/rapidreport/2008/02/sleeping-pilots.html#

"ABC News has also learned that the Federal Aviation Administration is now looking into a second incident involving a go! Flight on February 12, 2008. Air traffic controllers were unable to raise the pilots of a flight between Kona and Honolulu for 14 minutes. FAA spokesman Ian Gregor stressed that at this point the agency has not made any determination on either incident and can not say that they are at all related. Gregor says the FAA is seeking to speak to the pilots of the February 13th incident. "

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yup, just the first page of my little search for grins.
2. Funny how its all flowing towards you guys.
3. Link/sample:http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-08-04-ntsb-sleeping-pilots_N.htm

"HONOLULU (AP) — The National Transportation Safety Board has confirmed an initial finding that the captain and first officer of a flight that overflew its destination in Hawaii inadvertently fell asleep while the plane was on autopilot.

4. Same story I know, but lookie there, on *AutoPilot*.
5. Yeah, I nailed it!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh and theres this.
2. Seems the pilots have beds to sleep in.
3. Most right up there in the cabins.
4. Others other places.
5. Read this a little, starting to make sense now huh?
6. Link and sample:http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/156012.asp

"
Well, it turns out the A380 is too quiet -- at least for Emirates pilots trying to sleep in the crew rest area.

Flight International has a neat little story that the airline's A380 pilots have complained that they are having trouble sleeping because there is too much cabin noise and not enough noise from the plane's engines to cover those sounds -- like babies crying."

7. Arab Cry Baby Pilots, classic! "To Much Noise" whaaaa!!!!!
8. Bringing reality to one person at a time~CWN.
9. Thats just the first page of 1.5 million links.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
10-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yup, just the first page of my little search for grins.
2. Funny how its all flowing towards you guys.
3. Link/sample:http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/2009-08-04-ntsb-sleeping-pilots_N.htm

"HONOLULU (AP) — The National Transportation Safety Board has confirmed an initial finding that the captain and first officer of a flight that overflew its destination in Hawaii inadvertently fell asleep while the plane was on autopilot.

4. Same story I know, but lookie there, on *AutoPilot*.
5. Yeah, I nailed it!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

They ALL use autopilot. That's no excuse to fall asleep and ignore the rest of your duties. In fact, an autopilot is used to prevent fatigue not to provide an opportunity for sleep. And keep this in mind, cheezy..SOMEONE must operate and monitor the autopilot.

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 11:44 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Second page, it happened again, Opppsss!!!!!
2. I wonder how long this has been happenning???
3. May even be some footage in this link?
4. http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x20561#

"Erick Ballard, a passenger on the Walkers Aviation plane, used his video camera to film the captain napping during an international flight from the Bahamas to Fort Lauderdale.

"I'd say the whole flight, about fifteen minutes after we got up in the air, until about five to ten minutes before we started to land. That's when he woke up,” Ballard said.

"The people in front of me actually noticed it first, and pointed it out to us, and everybody was taking pictures, so I got out my video camera and got some footage of him sleeping."

Ballard said passengers began to laugh, and so did the co-pilot of the plane.

But Ballard, a paramedic by profession, said the seriousness of the situation was clear to him immediately. The pilot's in-flight nap was putting the lives of the fifteen passengers at risk. "

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No opinion, just links:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/the-man-who-pays-his-way-let-sleeping-pilots-lie-ndash-youre-more-at-risk-on-the-motorway-455243.html

"Following a BBC investigation this week into pilot fatigue, an extra line must surely be added to the safety briefing: "Do not use the whistle on board, in case you wake the pilots."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ooopppps,....!
2. Happens all over the industry.
3. Found this News Paper Story of England.
4. British Airlines.
5. Wonder who's waking them up in time to land, and not over shoot airports???
6. Link,:http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19871008&id=XXsUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7QIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4917,801068

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

n0spam4me
10-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Pilots need to have an alarm clock set to wake them when its time to land the aircraft.

Its a well known fact that pilots are over-worked and under-paid and because of the under-paid bit, they often take 2nd jobs to supplement their income.

If the Airline industry where to pay pilots better, the increase could be extracted from the bloated pay packages of the executives and not raise ticket prices. (just my $0.02 worth here ...)

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh the silence.:dance:
2. All that rankor, and not a peep.
3. Despute my findings, *non-counting paragraph makers*!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
10-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh the silence.:dance:
2. All that rankor, and not a peep.
3. Despute my findings, *non-counting paragraph makers*!:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

There is NO EXCUSE for sleeping in the cockpit!

BTW..this was a U.S. flight not a foreign flight in another country..so..

That means our standards are different..IDIOT!

chesswarsnow
10-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Sorry bout that,

There is NO EXCUSE for sleeping in the cockpit!

BTW..this was a U.S. flight not a foreign flight in another country..so..

That means our standards are different..IDIOT!

1. I thinketh you protest a bit too much,...sleeper.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. No opinion, just links:
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/the-man-who-pays-his-way-let-sleeping-pilots-lie-ndash-youre-more-at-risk-on-the-motorway-455243.html

"Following a BBC investigation this week into pilot fatigue, an extra line must surely be added to the safety briefing: "Do not use the whistle on board, in case you wake the pilots."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Dude did you even read the artical?

One reason flying has an unmatched safety record is the way that "human factors" in crashes have been designed out – but if both pilots doze off then anything could happen. The most worrying incident was where a first officer fell asleep as the captain was "resting". Their aircraft (belonging, we are told, to a low-cost, short-haul airline, but not which one) began to turn into the path of another plane, until they were woken up by air traffic control – now there's a high-class alarm call

Automatic pilot was not invented so that the men and women on the flight deck could sleep their way across Europe.

You know the way that kinda goes agaisnt you arguements and what not...

Noir
10-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Ooopppps,....!
2. Happens all over the industry.
3. Found this News Paper Story of England.
4. British Airlines.
5. Wonder who's waking them up in time to land, and not over shoot airports???
6. Link,:http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1350&dat=19871008&id=XXsUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=7QIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4917,801068

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

?
So its alright to do it because it happens? Possibly the daftest justification i have ever heard...though i'm sure at some point you will be able to better even that,

Mr. P
10-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I thinketh you protest a bit too much,...sleeper.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

BS! I know you don't think.

Sitarro
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Well the auto-landing feauture was so good on this plane that it overshot the runway by 150 miles.

Northwest does fly those shitty Airbuses, they're lucky the rudder didn't fall off.

Kathianne
10-26-2009, 01:18 AM
It seems by his series of links, james is trying to address 'fatigue,' something that aviation is looking into on long distance flights, say US to Europe. In this case though, I believe it was San Diego to MN, not a long distance and both pilots were just coming off 17 hour rest period:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/24/us/24plane.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

chesswarsnow
10-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think that pilots in general tend to lean on gadgets, autopilots being the main one, cell phone alarm clocks being another, at least I would set it every time as a backup, you know, set it for like 30 minutes before landing..
2. They say to themselves, "Well when I get that bird up in the air, I'm going to lock in that autopilot, and catch me some much needed shut eye."
3. Even if they just had a full eight hours of sleep at the house.
4. *Aitopilot* says, *Sleep*, just click that gadget into go, and turn off all worries, just like taking a sleeping pill.
5. Another common thought for pilots are, "Where is that cabin bed, when this bird gets into the air?"
6. I also think that anyone who has ever crossed the threshold of a cockpit door, has caught some shut eye at one time or another while on duty, cat-nap or whatever, Mr.P isn't perfect.
7. Once you get that bird into the air, there just isn't all that much to do, when *autopilot* is kicked in, and being bored is allways at hand, till the landing.
8. No and its not like surgery, you can actually sleep through most of it, one of my links proves it.
9. And, yes, Noir I did read most of those links, but not all, I put it on *Auropilot*,:laugh2: but I did find enough info to support my argement, so I posted them.
10. Anyone who believes this isn't an International problem is fooling themselves, its across the board, remember what the arab link said, they expect to sleep, and whine like babies when they can't sleep over all the noise coming from all the paying customers, clanging utencils, babies hollering, doors slamming, toilets being flushed, "Whaaaaa, can't sleep while on duty!"
11. I don't think anyone can defend what I've posted, not even a paragrah maker like Gaffer.:laugh2:
12. M. P has nothing whatsoever to defend my numbering.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
10-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. I think that pilots in general tend to lean on gadgets, autopilots being the main one, cell phone alarm clocks being another, at least I would set it every time as a backup, you know, set it for like 30 minutes before landing..
2. They say to themselves, "Well when I get that bird up in the air, I'm going to lock in that autopilot, and catch me some much needed shut eye."
4. *Aitopilot* says, *Sleep*, just click that gadget into go, and turn off all worries, just like taking a sleeping pill.
5. Another common thought for pilots are, "Where is that cabin bed, when this bird gets into the air?"
6. I also think that anyone who has ever crossed the threshold of a cockpit door, has caught some shut eye at one time or another while on duty, cat-nap or whatever, Mr.P isn't perfect.
7. Once you get that bird into the air, there just isn't all that much to do, when *autopilot* is kicked in, and being bored is allways at hand, till the landing.
8. No and its not like surgery, you can actually sleep through most of it, one of my links proves it.
9. And, yes, Noir I did read most of those links, but not all, I put it on *Auropilot*,:laugh2: but I did find enough info to support my argement, so I posted them.
10. Anyone who believes this isn't an International problem is fooling themselves, its actoss the board, remember what the arab link said, they expect to sleep, and whine like babies when they can't sleep over all the noise coming from all the paying customers, clanging utencils, babies hollering, doors slamming, toilets being flushed, "Whaaaaa, can't sleep while on duty!"
11. I don't think anyone can defend what I've posted, not even a paragrah maker like Gaffer.:laugh2:

11. I don't think anyone can defend what I've posted, not even a paragrah maker like Gaffer.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

You got #11 right, including yourself. :laugh2:

chesswarsnow
10-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Sorry bout that,

?
So its alright to do it because it happens? Possibly the daftest justification i have ever heard...though i'm sure at some point you will be able to better even that,

1. Just did.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

You got #11 right, including yourself. :laugh2:

1, I meant *defend against*, or *defense*,.....:laugh2:
2. Good one thou.!
3. I see you got no defense either.
4. Well I'm not surprised either.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sitarro
10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

10. Anyone who believes this isn't an International problem is fooling themselves, its across the board, remember what the arab link said, they expect to sleep, and whine like babies when they can't sleep over all the noise coming from all the paying customers, clanging utencils, babies hollering, doors slamming, toilets being flushed, "Whaaaaa, can't sleep while on duty!"

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hate to burst your bubble there James but the crew beds are for the extra crew members that are required when flying extended trips across the globe and they aren't on the flight deck, they are on the other side of the door. I have 3 brothers that are Captains or are now retired from being Captains, they are not allowed to sleep while flying an aircraft whether the "auto pilot is engaged or not.

Kathianne
10-26-2009, 09:31 AM
Sorry bout that,

1, I meant *defend against*, or *defense*,.....:laugh2:
2. Good one thou.!
3. I see you got no defense either.
4. Well I'm not surprised either.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That's the beauty of sticking with facts, with little or no opinion thrown in, especially on topics one is ignorant of for the most part, as you are on this. I don't need to 'defend' my positions, I just was posting what was found regarding the topic.

chesswarsnow
10-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Common guys, this debate isn't over yet.
2. Not by a long shot!
3. Pilots sleep, maybe not often, but they sleep, at times, while in mid-air.
4. And they have for a long time.
5. And they will continue to sleep while flying.
6. Nothing you or I say, will be able to change the fact.
7. How can we be sure that sleep itself isn't going to put the flying public in danger?
8. I say, we make sure there are more than one alarm system in place, a good thirty minutes before its time to land.:coffee:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Noir
10-27-2009, 04:24 AM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5292/1189960203870cp7.jpg

chesswarsnow
10-27-2009, 06:55 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Sure throw out the troll card when your backs against the wall.:laugh2:
2. When the chips are down, your last resort is to play it.
3. I understand, you got nothing left.
4. The worlds airline pilots are humans, and they get bored just like anyone else would.
5. To fire them would be injustice, and criminal.
6. Fired for being humans, thats nuts.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Sorry bout that,

Hate to burst your bubble there James but the crew beds are for the extra crew members that are required when flying extended trips across the globe and they aren't on the flight deck, they are on the other side of the door. I have 3 brothers that are Captains or are now retired from being Captains, they are not allowed to sleep while flying an aircraft whether the "auto pilot is engaged or not.

1. Oh so they may have to take a couple steps out of the flight deck in order to find a soft pillow to lay their heads on?
2. I hate to say it, but why do they have beds handy, if they aren't allowed to use them?
3. You have to believe they use them, at times if they have them.:slap:
4. I think my bubbles still intact.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
10-27-2009, 07:09 AM
Sorry bout that,

That's the beauty of sticking with facts, with little or no opinion thrown in, especially on topics one is ignorant of for the most part, as you are on this. I don't need to 'defend' my positions, I just was posting what was found regarding the topic.

1. I tend to believe I won this one.
2. But others might disagree a little.
3. Still they can't defend their arguement, some just throwing out *Troll Cards*.
4. Thats the chicken way to try to force a win, get the other booted from site.
5. Usually you need about three to six people bellying aching how this particular person's a *Troll*.
6. Noir see's he has lost, and is just throwing it down for lack of anything else to do.:poke:
7. Any other *Troll Card Throwers* over their defeat?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas