PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! Scare Fair?

jimnyc
10-25-2009, 10:30 AM
So here I am prepping to watch my beloved Steelers play the undefeated Vikings at 1pm today. The little monkey comes up to my room and tells me "mommy said you have to take me to the scare fair today from 12-3pm"

I'm like, "Oh, hell no, I'm watching the game!"

She then informs me that she is working at the damn thing for the school today, so therefore I have no choice but to go with the boy.

Ain't nuthin scary and it's not a damn fair. It's just another damned way for the school to make money. Corny little games that cost $2-5, $5 to have your face painted (and it's little kids that literally just spray your whole damn head one color), $5 for 3 cookies or a stinking cupcake. The whole thing is a scam and now they're cutting into Sunday football. All years past it was on Saturdays. You bring your family to this thing and end up spending $50 on absolute crap and have no fun at all. Little spoiled bastards running around all over bouncing off me like I'm a wall.

Make me miss my game? Time to terrorize the little bastards!

even though I do have a DVR and will watch it "live" when I return, without visiting here first so that you fuckers can ruin it for me!

stephanie
10-25-2009, 10:36 AM
I'd root for the Vikings to win, but I'd be too damn scared Jimmy would put a curse on me...

have fun with the little one...:laugh2:

Mr. P
10-25-2009, 10:37 AM
So here I am prepping to watch my beloved Steelers play the undefeated Vikings at 1pm today. The little monkey comes up to my room and tells me "mommy said you have to take me to the scare fair today from 12-3pm"

She then informs me that she is working at the damn thing for the school today, so therefore I have no choice but to go with the boy.

Ain't nuthin scary and it's not a damn fair. It's just another damned way for the school to make money. Corny little games that cost $2-5, $5 to have your face painted (and it's little kids that literally just spray your whole damn head one color), $5 for 3 cookies or a stinking cupcake. The whole thing is a scam and now they're cutting into Sunday football. All years past it was on Saturdays. You bring your family to this thing and end up spending $50 on absolute crap and have no fun at all. Little spoiled bastards running around all over bouncing off me like I'm a wall.

even though I do have a DVR and will watch it "live" when I return, without visiting here first so that you fuckers can ruin it for me!

I guess this means you don't wanna know the Steelers lose 21-10, huh?

stephanie
10-25-2009, 10:54 AM
I guess this means you don't wanna know the Steelers lose 21-10, huh?

ya think Jimmy knows us all too well...:laugh2:

actsnoblemartin
10-25-2009, 11:23 AM
the score is ...

j/k

i wouldnt do that to you

:thumb:

10-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds pretty dang scary to me... To my wallet atleast. Glad i dont have kids.

jimnyc
10-25-2009, 07:57 PM
So I come home at what was around half time of the game. I click on the recording that was in process and start to watch - and all I recorded was a black screen that said "this game is blacked out on this channel". Turns out the game was televised on national TV on Fox, therefore blacked out on the Directv sunday NFL ticket. So I lost the whole first half, and had no choice but to turn on the game and find the Steelers barely winning at 10-7 at the half. I watched it and the Steelers increased the lead to 13-7 when my phone rang. A friend had a pretty bad accident and needed a ride from the scene as the car was barely drivable. He's uninjured, but the car isn't. I also got to listen to the 4th Q on my radio.

Was kinda difficult helping my friend with his car. He was all bummed naturally, and in a foul mood. When the Steelers won and I danced for joy, I think he was contemplating killing me.

I did have the time to call my brother, John aka Sir Evil, who is a HUGE Vikings fan, and call him a "LOSER" when he answered the phone! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
10-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I once watched a show that I think was about what men and women want from marriage. The most memorable line was when some poor bastard, I mean husband, spoke up in a sad voice and said: "We just want to see the game".