PDA

View Full Version : Reducing Costs for Razor Blades

Winfried Sobottka
10-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Razor blades are expensive and do not stand long if You use usual shaving foam or shaving lather. But they stand very much longer if You donīt use shaving foam or shaving lather but pH-neutral liquid soap as EUBOS that You can buy in Germany - such products You should be able to get everywhere in the world, whatever may be their names.

You should try it: Shaving works no worse and You save a lot of money. I assume that the fact that most producers of shaving foam/lather are producers of razor blades, too, is the reason for that: They arenīt interested in a long standing of razor blades. Anyway there is a question that comes up: If razor foam/lather kills Your blades - what does it do to Your skin? pH-neutral liquid soap isnīt any harmful at any case.

Noir
10-25-2009, 10:28 PM
What a very odd first post to a forum....

Anyways i go one better and just use water, no need for any chemicals or liquid soaps or what not,

Mr. P
10-25-2009, 10:39 PM
It's an add Noir..

Fact is a blade will last a year regardless of what foam you have on yer face, as long as it's dried well after each use.

Noir
10-25-2009, 10:54 PM
It's an add Noir..

Fact is a blade will last a year regardless of what foam you have on yer face, as long as it's dried well after each use.

I thought so...but given that its advertising and it didn't really push a brand its possibly the worst idea for an advert possible lol,

Winfried Sobottka
10-26-2009, 08:24 AM
It's an add Noir..

Perhaps they would if You would clean them very well after each use, but that doesnīt work really well by water only. On the other hand: Using water for shaving only is OK, too - if You are content with that. To assume I would make any advertising by this would be pure nonsense: pH-neutral liquid soap is a cheap mass product sold by a lot of producers and the number of visitors here may be OK for a forum, but for advertising cheap mass products????

Anyway my blades were over within a few weeks when I used razor-lath, now they stand even longer than one year. The first is an experience other men told me, too.

n0spam4me
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
The cosmetic removal of hair is UN-NATURAL!

The human body comes standard with HAIR
Your creator made you that way, whats with all the work involved and the money spent on razor blades and all that stuff, when in fact you can just let it grow.

A! save a tree .... Mother Earth Loves U

Gaffer
10-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Get a straight razor with a leather strap. You can shave for twenty years with the same blade.

MtnBiker
10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
The cosmetic removal of hair is UN-NATURAL!

The human body comes standard with HAIR
Your creator made you that way, whats with all the work involved and the money spent on razor blades and all that stuff, when in fact you can just let it grow.

Barbers should be banned!!, just a big scheme to take money from people. They are probably pooling their money to take over the world!! We should all look like ZZTop!!

Kathianne
10-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Razor blades are expensive and do not stand long if You use usual shaving foam or shaving lather. But they stand very much longer if You donīt use shaving foam or shaving lather but pH-neutral liquid soap as EUBOS that You can buy in Germany - such products You should be able to get everywhere in the world, whatever may be their names.

You should try it: Shaving works no worse and You save a lot of money. I assume that the fact that most producers of shaving foam/lather are producers of razor blades, too, is the reason for that: They arenīt interested in a long standing of razor blades. Anyway there is a question that comes up: If razor foam/lather kills Your blades - what does it do to Your skin? pH-neutral liquid soap isnīt any harmful at any case.

I use an epilator (http://www.amazon.com/Braun-5270-Silk-épil-Xelle-System/dp/B000EZYKTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1256594455&sr=8-1) usually. However, when I find it necessary to use a razor, I use my 'creme rinse' before shaving. Adds lotion and razor wisks through the jungle. ;) Now I'm fair without much hair. Might be different for non-Irish.

Mr. P
10-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I use an epilator (http://www.amazon.com/Braun-5270-Silk-épil-Xelle-System/dp/B000EZYKTS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1256594455&sr=8-1) usually. However, when I find it necessary to use a razor, I use my 'creme rinse' before shaving. Adds lotion and razor wisks through the jungle. ;) Now I'm fair without much hair. Might be different for non-Irish.

German..women..I think they have a fear of shaving underarms, legs.:dunno:

Kathianne
10-26-2009, 05:13 PM
German..women..I think they have a fear of shaving underarms, legs.:dunno:

Euros in general from my knowledge. Seems only Americans are obsessed with 'hair.' Personally, I'm glad for the removal. It itches.

chloe
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
What a very odd first post to a forum....

:laugh2:

n0spam4me
10-27-2009, 10:47 AM
"German..women..I think they have a fear of shaving underarms, legs"

Just Respect for what the Deity has made!

Peace
Love

& 'ave a groovie 1

Gadget (fmr Marine)
11-27-2009, 06:47 PM

uh...the creator made trees for use to burn and use. It is the greatest renewable resource there is....use as much paper as you can, it is good for the economy!

darin
11-29-2009, 09:55 AM
I can only use a blade once. After that, it hacks my skin something fierce. :(

hjmick
11-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Meh, I just use an electric beard trimmer. Take down the growth leaving just a bit of stubble. I haven't touched a razor to my face for over a year.

darin
11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
That's my technique - but I shave w/ a blade about once every two months or so.