PDA

View Full Version : Simply amazing - Sixth Sense Technology

Noir
10-26-2009, 04:46 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGQikoRPyns&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QGQikoRPyns&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

PostmodernProphet
10-26-2009, 05:56 PM
sounds like this kid is the next Bill Gates.....I like the part about dialing the phone on the palm of your hand....

Noir
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM
sounds like this kid is the next Bill Gates.....I like the part about dialing the phone on the palm of your hand....

Yar, and to think they made that with off the shelf parts costing a few hundred quid!

Also for further lectures YouTube "TED" there are a whole range of talks, from religion to science to tech, many of them are quite amazing,

n0spam4me
10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Yet another GEEK TOY!
Great .... just what this world needs......

or?

A! arrest the emperor for INDECENT EXPOSURE!

Noir
10-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Yet another GEEK TOY!
Great .... just what this world needs......

or?

A! arrest the emperor for INDECENT EXPOSURE!

Yeaah just another geek toy, like the internet, or mobile phones,

who needs 'em,

amiright?

:slap:

n0spam4me
10-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Funny thing about these gadgets ....

When FAX machines first appeared on the scene, people would FAX 'round all sorts of crap, the random cartoon from the paper, or whatever and since now the FAX machine is very much old-business, that isn't being done.

So new things tend to get used a LOT and then the novelty wears off ... and so on...

There is a difference (at least to me....) between portable devices and fixed in place devices, a computer and internet connection is fine in a fixed location, I really don't need to carry it around with me, I've been in a public park enjoying the trees, and somebody is walking around "*&^%$#!" there is no cell phone signal here! ... can we stand to be "unplugged" for even a few hours? what?
we have all these wonderful gadgets, but what do they do for us, REALLY?

sometimes I wish I could travel in time and go back to the dawn of the industrial revolution and live there, given that there was NO gadgets, people either read books or COMMUNICATED with each other face to face.

Now "communities" are very disconnected - how many people actually know the people in the next flat, or for that matter ANY of your neighbors?

its a sick sad world!

Noir
10-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Well fair play if thats how ya feel,

I do however grow tired of hearing (generaly older) people say how we don't communicate anymore, and that we are not as social as we use to be ect ect, i say balls to that, i'm so much more social than i would ever be without such 'geek toys' and portable devices,

Guess what, i read books! and not just paperback ones, but books that are held on net pages, the likes of which i would never be able to afford simply for there sheer volume, ergo using these devices i can read much more, my iPhone also holds e-books meaning i do not have to be carrying a book around will me all the time for a boring bus trip i can just pull my phone out

As for meeting people 'face to face' I have never thought to myself 'well i could go out and meet someone or i could just send them texts instead' that would be daft, i have however decided to go out say when i'm sitting on the train have a phone call and talk to a freind, sure i'm not talking to them face to face, but without the phone i'd never of been speaking to them in atall,

Not to mention the fact that being a generaly socialy awkward person i find it much easier to comunicate via msn/text/calls and find the idea that they somehow make me less communicative as ludicrous

Gaffer
11-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Me thinks nospam just hates everything and everyone.

I'm an old person. I like my computer. I don't mess with all the other toys. I don't understand em and it's troublesome to learn them in many cases. My computer is plenty of tech for me. I'm not a social person. I can go for days or weeks without being around people. Like Noir I like to read and I am always reading something online and down loading books to read offline. I can read a book and surfer the web and download at the same time. I really have no need to do things in the palm of my hand. But I think the technology is cool.

Nospam you should be grateful your sitting in a park listening to someone complain about cell phone service and not watching a drug deal.

-Cp
11-01-2009, 01:46 PM
I don't like her last comment either about having a "brain chip" someday....

-Cp
11-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Not to mention the fact that being a generaly socialy awkward person i find it much easier to comunicate via msn/text/calls and find the idea that they somehow make me less communicative as ludicrous

BINGO! you just nailed it....

You like these "social gadgets" as they don't force you to step out of your comfort zone and actually *gasp* TALK to a real, live person!

Noir
11-01-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't like her last comment either about having a "brain chip" someday....

Its only a matter of time, the key will be the nano-wireless transmitter, once we develop those then there are no limits to chipping,

Noir
11-01-2009, 01:50 PM
BINGO! you just nailed it....

You like these "social gadgets" as they don't force you to step out of your comfort zone and actually *gasp* TALK to a real, live person!

Wrong Sir,

I use them to meet and talk with people, then when i know them and feel comfortable with them i can meet them IRL,

Without them i can honestly say i don't know what i'd do, i sure as hell would be talking to allot less people face to face

-Cp
11-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Its only a matter of time, the key will be the nano-wireless transmitter, once we develop those then there are no limits to chipping,

Right - and then comes the Mark of the Beast...

-Cp
11-01-2009, 02:13 PM
as if it is not enough of a pain in the ass to have everyone talking on the phone - now they will all be walking around making gestures