PDA

View Full Version : Dems $3.6 Trillion Gas Tax Increase

red states rule
10-27-2009, 07:02 AM
On another thread I was talking to Noir about the difference in gas prices in our respective countires - and then I found this

Looks like Obama and the Dems really do want to reshape America in the mold of Europe

More hope and change is on the works folks

Democrats' hidden gas

Extra $1 per gallon at the pump will mean all pain, no gain

There's something the Democratic lawmakers who are pushing cap-and-trade legislation don't want the public to know. The controversial climate-change legislation winding its way through Congress will impose a massive new national gas tax on the American people. We discovered this by analyzing what the Waxman-Markey cap-and-trade bill would do to gas prices and what Americans spend on gasoline, diesel and jet fuels. We found that cap-and-trade legislation will levy a $3.6 trillion gas-tax increase that will impact every American and important segments of our economy.

The goal of this climate-change legislation is actually to increase the price of traditional forms of carbon-based energy such as coal, gas and oil so that consumers will respond by using less of it. Some lawmakers call this "setting the price on carbon." Economists refer to this kind of policy as a price signal. But the bottom line is that the price of energy will go up. Ultimately, all Americans will pay directly or indirectly for the higher fuel prices the cap-and-trade legislation will cause.

Americans travel more than 200 million vehicle miles each month, and annually we spend nearly $1.2 trillion on gasoline and oil. The average household spends 5 percent of its annual budget on fuel. For many, gasoline is a mandatory expense. And this legislation disproportionately hits middle and lower income households that tend to have longer commutes to work and must drive in order to work. These families will be hit especially hard by the projected $1 per gallon increase for the additional gas tax the cap-and-trade legislation will bring.

Further, Americans will be double-hit by the gas tax when it raises the costs of goods and services such as groceries and utilities they must continue to purchase. Energy costs are among businesses' top operational expenses already. While companies face a variety of energy expenses, ranging from heating and cooling their work space to powering equipment and lighting, operating their vehicles is the most costly. Every company, from the small-town local florist to a package delivery service with nationwide operations, will be hard hit. In order for these businesses to withstand the heavier tax burden and to remain profitable, they will be forced to pass these energy cost increases along to consumers through higher prices.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/21/democrats-hidden-gas-tax/

sgtdmski
10-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Any surprise????

I am not, I have been against cap and trade from the get go.

I knew as soon as I read the bill that the immediately effect would be higher costs in the current energy methods being used, including gasoline, electricity and the all so important heating fuel industries.

Let's stop trying to change the world and focus on protecting the American people for unnecessary taxes and penalties for trying to provide for their lives.

Cap and trade will cause undue hardship in providing for food, shelter and jobs!!!

dmk

red states rule
10-28-2009, 07:10 AM
Any surprise????

I am not, I have been against cap and trade from the get go.

I knew as soon as I read the bill that the immediately effect would be higher costs in the current energy methods being used, including gasoline, electricity and the all so important heating fuel industries.

Let's stop trying to change the world and focus on protecting the American people for unnecessary taxes and penalties for trying to provide for their lives.

Cap and trade will cause undue hardship in providing for food, shelter and jobs!!!

dmk

Dems want to give America Section 8 Healthcare and a Section 8 economy

Insein
10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Is it 2012 yet? Maybe the world will end by then. Certainly headed that way.

red states rule
10-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Is it 2012 yet? Maybe the world will end by then. Certainly headed that way.

Next Tuesday could be a signal on how 2012 will turn out

I rememebr well the "outrage" from Dems and the liberal media when gas hit $4/gal under Pres Bush - now Dems want to tax it to that level

I am surprised no replies to this thread from the hope and change crowd