PDA

View Full Version : Are Vegans Against Abortion?

chloe
10-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I just wondered since they don't consume any products at all that contains animal including milk & eggs.

Noir
10-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I would suspect that many of them are against it.

Personaly I would agree with early abortions in most cases, unless it is simply being used only as a form of birth control.

chloe
10-28-2009, 07:49 AM

Personaly I would agree with early abortions in most cases, unless it is simply being used only as a form of birth control.

It wouldn't make sense for a Vegan to support any abortion, because eggs are unborn and they dont eat them, Im not sure why they dont drink milk, but a vegetarian is not so strict about those things they are off meat mostly for a healthy lifestyle and a vegan wont consume anything that has any animal product in it. So even early abortion of a fetus would be considered killing the same as eating an animals unborn eggs is killing right ?

Trigg
10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
It wouldn't make sense for a Vegan to support any abortion, because eggs are unborn and they dont eat them, Im not sure why they dont drink milk, but a vegetarian is not so strict about those things they are off meat mostly for a healthy lifestyle and a vegan wont consume anything that has any animal product in it. So even early abortion of a fetus would be considered killing the same as eating an animals unborn eggs is killing right ?

did a quick cruise through a vegan board, half are for abortion half against. Interresting isn't it? I would assume killing any living thing would be against their beliefs.

Trigg
10-28-2009, 02:21 PM

Why are you against it for birth control???

Noir
10-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Why are you against it for birth control???

If someone has unprotected sex, with the mindset that 'if i get pregers i can just have an abortion' i would consider it grossly immoral, and thus be against it,

In truth i should think that only those who want to have a baby should be having sex at all, thus removing almost all cases for abortion, but such a world will never exist

Trigg
10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
If someone has unprotected sex, with the mindset that 'if i get pregers i can just have an abortion' i would consider it grossly immoral, and thus be against it,

In truth i should think that only those who want to have a baby should be having sex at all, thus removing almost all cases for abortion, but such a world will never exist

Having an abortion because you can't afford a baby and having an abortion because the condom broke are the same thing. I don't understand your moral stance, both are murder.

I wonder would you choose to brainwash your future children with these beliefs? Or are you planning to let them make their own decisions on their reproductive future?

Noir
10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Having an abortion because you can't afford a baby and having an abortion because the condom broke are the same thing. I don't understand your moral stance, both are murder.

I wonder would you choose to brainwash your future children with these beliefs? Or are you planning to let them make their own decisions on their reproductive future?

As i said, my true stance is that they should not be having sex at all, however, the issue of abortion is one that i have not been able to truly resolve in my mind yet, but what i do know is that someone who has unprotected sex with the idea of abortion as a birth control is wrong IMO.

I will do as my dad did, and let them make up there own minds, though it may be somewhat difficult to find another Lady who shares the same views on children growing up, but that is still many many years away, and one which i will not concern myself with for now,

Trigg
10-28-2009, 03:35 PM
As i said, my true stance is that they should not be having sex at all, however, the issue of abortion is one that i have not been able to truly resolve in my mind yet, but what i do know is that someone who has unprotected sex with the idea of abortion as a birth control is wrong IMO.

I will do as my dad did, and let them make up there own minds, though it may be somewhat difficult to find another Lady who shares the same views on children growing up, but that is still many many years away, and one which i will not concern myself with for now,

I suspect that your parents have some core believes that they tried to instill into you when you were younger. Of course you have chosen to either embrace these beliefs or ignore them. I doubt you were raised in a vacuum.

Your thoughts right now regarding early abortion as ok, and eating animals as murder are completely contradictory. But, at least you recognize that.

Noir
10-28-2009, 03:48 PM
I suspect that your parents have some core believes that they tried to instill into you when you were younger. Of course you have chosen to either embrace these beliefs or ignore them. I doubt you were raised in a vacuum.

Your thoughts right now regarding early abortion as ok, and eating animals as murder are completely contradictory. But, at least you recognize that.

Indeedy, i'm i was thought the importence of respect, everything else was up to myeself, like what I believe on abortion, or eating meat ect. I honestly don't know what my dads views are on abortion,

I do not view abortion as OK, as i said i really don't know were i ly with it, as it is such a complex issue, i know one aspect of it that is wrong, but i don;t know if any aspects of it are right,

glockmail
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
did a quick cruise through a vegan board, half are for abortion half against. Interresting isn't it? I would assume killing any living thing would be against their beliefs. I would assume that at least half of them are Democrats and therefore hypocrisy comes with the territory.

chloe
10-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Indeedy, i'm i was thought the importence of respect, everything else was up to myeself, like what I believe on abortion, or eating meat ect. I honestly don't know what my dads views are on abortion,

I do not view abortion as OK, as i said i really don't know were i ly with it, as it is such a complex issue, i know one aspect of it that is wrong, but i don;t know if any aspects of it are right,

Appreciate the honest answer. You seem like a very thoughtful reflective person, it is a really sensitive subject and emotional for alot of people, just as Im sure killing animals for food must feel very wrong to pro animal lifers.

HogTrash
10-29-2009, 11:28 AM
did a quick cruise through a vegan board, half are for abortion half against. Interresting isn't it? I would assume killing any living thing would be against their beliefs.I imagine it would depend on the the reason they are vegans in the first place.

If it is for health reasons they could be either pro or anti abortion.

If it is for the reason of being against the taking of life I would think they would be anti-abortion.

Unless of course they are only concerned with animal life which would make them sociopaths.

But then again I knew a fellow who became a vegan simply to impress some hot babe he met.

He sincerely believed in veganism and promoted it to friends and family for two years.

That is untill one day when the hot babe broke of the relationship and he once again became carnivorous.

Trigg
10-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Well you have a journey ahead of you.

Please try not to be militant in your decisions and don't cut other people off because they don't agree with you. You can have meat eating friends and abortion rights friends, simply agree to disagree and then don't discuss those issues.

Noir
10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Well you have a journey ahead of you.

Please try not to be militant in your decisions and don't cut other people off because they don't agree with you. You can have meat eating friends and abortion rights friends, simply agree to disagree and then don't discuss those issues.

Oh don't i know it,

Indeedy, i do my best not ta, infact i'm sure many of my IRL friends don't know i am veggie cus i never feel the need to bring it up unless questioned on it, and i can't see when exactly i'd be the first to bring abortion into a discussion lol,

chloe
10-29-2009, 10:45 PM
did a quick cruise through a vegan board, half are for abortion half against. Interresting isn't it? I would assume killing any living thing would be against their beliefs.

I assumed the same thing, it is interesting for sure.:cool: