PDA

View Full Version : WAR Without End. A Republican Wet Dream.

Psychoblues
04-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Surge or no surge, American deaths are not justified in any political gamesmanship WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BAGHDAD, Iraq – Over the past six months, U.S. troops have died in Iraq at the highest rate of the war, an indication that the conflict is becoming increasingly dangerous for U.S. forces even after more than four years of fighting.

From October 2006 through last month, 532 American soldiers were killed, the most during any six-month period of the war. March also marked the first time that the U.S. military suffered four consecutive months of 80 or more fatalities. April, with at least 58 service members killed through Monday, is on pace to be one of the deadliest months of the conflict for American forces.

Senior American military officials attribute much of the increase to the Baghdad security crackdown, now in its third month. But the rate of fatalities was increasing even before a more aggressive strategy began moving U.S. troops from heavily fortified bases into smaller neighborhood outposts throughout the capital, placing them at greater risk of roadside bombings and small-arms attacks.

Roadside bombs have long been the No. 1 killer of American troops in Iraq. Since October, officials said, insurgents have been employing more sophisticated devices, with the most lethal results coming in Baghdad. Nearly 38 percent of military deaths since October have occurred in the capital, compared with 29 percent over the previous 12 months, according to the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count (icasualties.org), an independent, U.S.-based Web site that monitors casualties.

More: BAGHDAD, Iraq – Over the past six months, U.S. troops have died in Iraq at the highest rate of the war, an indication that the conflict is becoming increasingly dangerous for U.S. forces even after more than four years of fighting.

From October 2006 through last month, 532 American soldiers were killed, the most during any six-month period of the war. March also marked the first time that the U.S. military suffered four consecutive months of 80 or more fatalities. April, with at least 58 service members killed through Monday, is on pace to be one of the deadliest months of the conflict for American forces.

Senior American military officials attribute much of the increase to the Baghdad security crackdown, now in its third month. But the rate of fatalities was increasing even before a more aggressive strategy began moving U.S. troops from heavily fortified bases into smaller neighborhood outposts throughout the capital, placing them at greater risk of roadside bombings and small-arms attacks.

Roadside bombs have long been the No. 1 killer of American troops in Iraq. Since October, officials said, insurgents have been employing more sophisticated devices, with the most lethal results coming in Baghdad. Nearly 38 percent of military deaths since October have occurred in the capital, compared with 29 percent over the previous 12 months, according to the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count (icasualties.org), an independent, U.S.-based Web site that monitors casualties."

More: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/041707dnintcasualties.2f2a987.html

WAR will never end as long as we have politically connected cowards leading the way from behind burly walnut desks.

04-18-2007, 01:50 AM
The battle with evil never will have an end in this life. Simply because you want to ignore it's threat doesnt mean its not there.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-18-2007, 12:49 PM
That would be true if this was our civil war, but it's not. It's the Iraqi civil war and we have no place being in the middle of it. IT IS a war without end if we stay there.

Samantha
04-18-2007, 12:51 PM
WAR will never end as long as we have politically connected cowards leading the way from behind burly walnut desks.Which reminds me of Dylan's Masters of War.

Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain

You fasten the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
Even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand o'er your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're deadhttp://www.bobdylan.com/songs/masters.html

Mr. P
04-18-2007, 01:02 PM
That would be true if this was our civil war, but it's not. It's the Iraqi civil war and we have no place being in the middle of it. IT IS a war without end if we stay there.

Do we have a place in the UN or anyplace in the world? Should we allow the dumb asses to destroy themselves? I could go for that in some cases.

Gunny
04-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Do we have a place in the UN or anyplace in the world? Should we allow the dumb asses to destroy themselves? I could go for that in some cases.

Sure. If a Democrat President involves us, it's okay.

Psychoblues
04-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Thank you for those Dylan lyrics, Sammi. The words of the Masters are always the food with which we should nourish our minds.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-20-2007, 01:27 AM

Given that we are not the policeman of the world and your Boy George said as much when he was running for the job back in 2000, we ought to step back from unrequested obligations.

Let the Iraqis finish their war. We did that in Lebanon. Tragic though it was, THEY had to decide when they had enough fighting. THEY had to decide to stop killing each other. THEY had to decide that enough was enough. We cannot do it for them because they don't want us there anymore. The Arab League may be able to step in and bring some peace to the warmongers because they will listen to their fellow religionists. They aren't listening to us and it is our troops that are paying the price.

stephanie
04-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Given that we are not the policeman of the world and your Boy George said as much when he was running for the job back in 2000, we ought to step back from unrequested obligations.

Let the Iraqis finish their war. We did that in Lebanon. Tragic though it was, THEY had to decide when they had enough fighting. THEY had to decide to stop killing each other. THEY had to decide that enough was enough. We cannot do it for them because they don't want us there anymore. The Arab League may be able to step in and bring some peace to the warmongers because they will listen to their fellow religionists. They aren't listening to us and it is our troops that are paying the price.

Maybe you all should go on some sites that actually hear from the troops..
And listen to what their saying..
It's a far cry from what you all defeatist Monday morning generals are sitting here saying..
Get in touch with the men and women OVER THERE...
You all would be in for a shock..
And couldn't sit here and feed this line of defeat to the rest of the United States...As the Democrats are and the Lame stream media is doing..

If you need the sites, I'll be glad to give them to you...

Psychoblues
04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, staphy, I am no General but I am damned sure a Veteran with far more WAR experience than many "Generals". Are you trying to run people away that are here to "DebatePolicy"? Are you trying to run people away that have different viewpoints than your own? Are you trying to run people away that come here honestly and objectively to expand their political knowledge and understanding and debate accordingly?

It's a far cry from what you all defeatist Monday morning generals are sitting here saying..
And couldn't sit here and feed this line of defeat to the rest of the United States...As the Democrats are and the Lame stream media is doing..

Post your sites as you describe them if you can get permission from the administrators to do so. I'd be interested to know what they are and from whence they come. I'll betcha that I can trump your references and raise you a hundred more.

Post 'em.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-30-2007, 03:06 AM

I should say the same for you. I bet you would be surprised to discover that a majority of our armed forces think we made a mistake going into Iraq.

Us defeatist Monday morning generals have a better grasp on what is now a civil war than our head-in-the-sand leaders who just want to "stay the course" even though they don't want to call it that anymore.

Defeat is for those who have a side in this civil war. Which side are "we" on? The Shia side or the Sunni side or the Kurdish side or the al-qaeda side? Which one?

Knock yourself out. Bring it on. I'll have a few for you as well if you manage to actually follow up here.

Birdzeye
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2007/db070430.gif

Psychoblues
05-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Something tells me, BVE, that staphy has no further argument in this issue. Maybe she is now listening to the Nixon tapes on how to "Shut the motherfuckers up?"

I should say the same for you. I bet you would be surprised to discover that a majority of our armed forces think we made a mistake going into Iraq.

Us defeatist Monday morning generals have a better grasp on what is now a civil war than our head-in-the-sand leaders who just want to "stay the course" even though they don't want to call it that anymore.

Defeat is for those who have a side in this civil war. Which side are "we" on? The Shia side or the Sunni side or the Kurdish side or the al-qaeda side? Which one?

Knock yourself out. Bring it on. I'll have a few for you as well if you manage to actually follow up here.

Doniston
05-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Surge or no surge, American deaths are not justified in any political gamesmanship WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BAGHDAD, Iraq – Over the past six months, U.S. troops have died in Iraq at the highest rate of the war, an indication that the conflict is becoming increasingly dangerous for U.S. forces even after more than four years of fighting.

Roadside bombs have long been the No. 1 killer of American troops in Iraq. Since October, officials said, insurgents have been employing more sophisticated devices, with the most lethal results coming in Baghdad. Nearly 38 percent of military deaths since October have occurred in the capital, compared with 29 percent over the previous 12 months, according to the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count (icasualties.org), an independent, U.S.-based Web site that monitors casualties.

More: BAGHDAD, Iraq – Over the past six months, U.S. troops have died in Iraq at the highest rate of the war, an indication that the conflict is becoming increasingly dangerous for U.S. forces even after more than four years of fighting.

Roadside bombs have long been the No. 1 killer of American troops in Iraq. Since October, officials said, insurgents have been employing more sophisticated devices, with the most lethal results coming in Baghdad. Nearly 38 percent of military deaths since October have occurred in the capital, compared with 29 percent over the previous 12 months, according to the Iraq Coalition Casualty Count (icasualties.org), an independent, U.S.-based Web site that monitors casualties."

More: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/041707dnintcasualties.2f2a987.html

WAR will never end as long as we have politically connected cowards leading the way from behind burly walnut desks. I honestly beleive that is Bushes intention. to have it go on, and on, and on------

Psychoblues
05-09-2007, 09:55 PM
It cannot be anything other, Doniston.

I honestly beleive that is Bushes intention. to have it go on, and on, and on------

Considering WAR is the single psuedo strength of the Republican Party and that all other American values are certainly weaknesses for them, killing will continue at an accelerated pace until the elections of 2008.